PDA

View Full Version : first VIDEO of WOTN!

Razorflame
02-18-2012, 06:39 PM
http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/106966-kings-bounty-warriors-of-the-north-video-walkthrough.html

looks cool and nice :D

Fatt_Shade
02-18-2012, 09:33 PM
I agree, it looks nice but looks of game never was most important aspect for KB series :-)
But what he didnt explain : new medals , wife mage hero had in 2 save file he loaded , what is new with runic magic he only mentioned it , and last but most important he said `We hope to get it out before end of the year` !!!!???!??!?! Dafaug , i hope they joking. WotN was announced 2nd quarter this year - april/may not after 21.12.2012 :-(

Elwin
02-19-2012, 07:30 AM
Yeah thats worrying it will come that late. But well we cant do naything about that

thufir11
02-19-2012, 11:00 AM
The only one reasonable explanation is that video was done already in 2011 a they hoped the game will be done until 2012. It was said the game will be in early of 2012 and now it should be early 2013? Come on, it's nonsense.. I'm really looking forward WOTN, but one more year? Eh..

Razorflame
02-19-2012, 12:18 PM
all game companies are delaying as of late

just look at torchlight 2 diablo3 starcraft 2 heart of the swarm etc etc

this bein no exception

what i also wonder is did they remove units?
they put in some new units and said we will see more units of the snowy envoirement

does this mean that some creatures won't make it to WOTN?:D

and what i also wonder is if they have some new spells or removed some

and also edited some unit skills

and what about the skill tree any differences in that?

Fatt_Shade
02-19-2012, 09:43 PM
@thufir11 All things mentioned in first announcement for WotN was considering gameplay, new spells, units, items, etc and all that would take me 4-5 days to implement in game with team of professional programers so i wonder wtf are they doing all this time ?

In video 2:30 he mentioned Kings quest, so i guess Royal quest still take lots of 1C time/resources. 3:30 WOW no more pet dragon, but we have Valkyries with 9 rage skills, so nothing new from AP/CW. We want old rage spirits back :-((( 3:40 `We added brand new section, called runes` nut i`ll use old teleport spell, and leave you wondering what this brand new runic magic actually do. Yea thx allot for info for new things in game announcer. 4:40 small army can be more powerful, but big army gives more cannon fodder ... how is small army stronger if units have no individual exp ??? 6:55 `We have new skills, and other things but i also wont talk about it...` 7:10 you see locations form old Legend, yes we used same location from our old game, so you players can again wonder what are we spending time on, instead releasing this game.

@Razorflame I know about many games getting late to market, but considering diablo3 , sc2 exp . . . they made all new things in game, after watching this video for WotN it looks same as older games so i wonder what are they making new in this game ? I dont think they will remove units, there is no reason for it. Adding new units is logical for northern campaign, and all viking story.

Mandea
02-20-2012, 06:35 AM
The guy talking in the video doesn't say anything about 2013. He says they are hoping to get the game out before the end of the year.
Anyways, there is nothing in this video that would justify a whole year delay. 40-50 hours gameplay surely sounds good.

joasoz
02-20-2012, 10:45 AM
They just repeated spring 2012 on their facebook site, as I asked about release a few minutes ago.

Metathron
02-20-2012, 10:50 AM
It does sound like they are taking their sweet time with what is basically a recolour of previous games with some mechanics twists. It's great to have a long new campaign of King's Bounty, but I do wish for a breath of fresh air, especially with units which look pretty uninspired. And berserk is a talent/ability I'm hardly looking forward to using on my "new" units. ;)

Zhuangzi
02-20-2012, 10:50 AM
Great, I haven't played KB for a long time now so I'm looking forward to the first full new campaign since Armored Princess.

Mandea
02-20-2012, 12:30 PM
I would really like to see new bosses. I hope they won't recycle the old bosses (at least not all of them). Some new skills and a mini-campaign a la Defender of the crown integrated within the main story wound be nice as well.

I am looking forward to this game, but I would really like to see some new stuff, after all it's been 3 or 4 years since the first KB came out.

ckdamascus
02-20-2012, 12:33 PM
Is anyone else horribly saddened that Princess Amelie is married and not kicking butt somehow? Sniffles. Ok, I was waay too attached to Armored Princess. :)

Razorflame
02-21-2012, 02:55 AM
Is anyone else horribly saddened that Princess Amelie is married and not kicking butt somehow? Sniffles. Ok, I was waay too attached to Armored Princess. :)

lol what about bill gillbert:)

rickah88
02-27-2012, 06:25 PM
Very last thing mentioned in the trailer: Available online! :mad:
Will it made available on physical media for all of us that don't like to download??

Nike-it
02-28-2012, 08:28 AM
Very last thing mentioned in the trailer: Available online! :mad:
Will it made available on physical media for all of us that don't like to download??

It should be available both in retail and via digital download services.

rickah88
03-03-2012, 11:40 PM
It should be available both in retail and via digital download services.

You just made my year! Even with this being 2012.... :shock:
Thank you so much for replying so quickly. Will it be available in most territories initially?
For example when I bought Armored Princess(dvd-rom), I had to get it on Amazon UK, as Amazon US did not carry for some time. Hopefully that won't be the case this time around.
Now the big question: Are we talking April, May or June?

Nike-it
03-05-2012, 07:30 AM
You just made my year! Even with this being 2012.... :shock:
Thank you so much for replying so quickly. Will it be available in most territories initially?
For example when I bought Armored Princess(dvd-rom), I had to get it on Amazon UK, as Amazon US did not carry for some time. Hopefully that won't be the case this time around.
Now the big question: Are we talking April, May or June?

I can't say anything about DVD release on different territories, i simply don't have such info right now.The digital version should appear at the same time.

vmxa
03-31-2012, 04:14 PM
I am glad to be getting any new content, however packaged. That said we should be due for a real new version. KBAP and then Crossworlds were nice, but not new stuff.

Zhuangzi
04-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Well, Armored Princess was new. Crossworlds never felt like a full expansion. As I've said before, I'm not bothered personally if the engine is the same as it was in 2008. I just want a new full length campaign that is fun to play. In hindsight, I thought AP's campaign was much better than TL's. The Legend was just far too long and too grindy. (I played it through about three times, I think).

I really wish WoTN would have a multiplayer mode though. I know it doesn't, but it would be nice...

Mygaffer
04-03-2012, 02:32 AM
If anyone wants to skip the Gamebanshee link and go straight to the source:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pre-alpha-walkthrough-kings-bounty/727044

rickah88
04-04-2012, 11:11 PM
I can't say anything about DVD release on different territories, i simply don't have such info right now.The digital version should appear at the same time.

Now that we are in April, just wondering if the "Spring 2012" timeframe is still an option? Technically, Spring ends in a little over 2 months and I have yet to see a preorder(or even a placeholder) up on Amazon!

Darkeonz
04-05-2012, 09:36 AM
Now that we are in April, just wondering if the "Spring 2012" timeframe is still an option? Technically, Spring ends in a little over 2 months and I have yet to see a preorder(or even a placeholder) up on Amazon!

I was wondering about this as well. April-may sounds unrealistic. Surely the date has to be announced prior so people can pre-order it? or? I really hope it drops in may though lol. I'm so ready to start playing this :-D

Totoro
04-05-2012, 11:38 AM
Oh god I can't wait any longer.

Mandea
04-05-2012, 11:44 AM
I really hope it gets out before Diablo 3 does, because afterwards I will be very busy playing D3. :)

westyofoz
04-05-2012, 11:48 AM
Oh god I can't wait any longer.

Me too, this and the new Civ V expansion. Whichever is released first gets my undivided gaming attention.

Since this is not a new game but an expansion using an existing game platform, it seems to be taking a long time to be released or I am just superkeen. Maybe both :grin:

Darkeonz
04-06-2012, 07:01 AM
Me too, this and the new Civ V expansion. Whichever is released first gets my undivided gaming attention.

Since this is not a new game but an expansion using an existing game platform, it seems to be taking a long time to be released or I am just superkeen. Maybe both :grin:

I preordered civ 5. And I've used maybe 15 minutes playing it. I just can't get into it. I still play civ 4 now and then though

westyofoz
04-08-2012, 03:25 AM
I preordered civ 5. And I've used maybe 15 minutes playing it. I just can't get into it. I still play civ 4 now and then though

I agree, the Civ 5 vanilla version is poor. The expansion packs includes a lot of the normal civ stuff left out of the vanilla version. With the expansion it should be a decent game.

Elwin
04-08-2012, 06:47 AM
I agree if game would release now it would be good moment but in half of may there will be D3 and Gw2 soon after (most likely) which will be not good for sales. I will buy it definetly but later if that happens.