PDA

View Full Version : when princess joins the battle

georgios
02-11-2012, 11:27 AM
i just got game of the year edition and started from the crossworlds (somone in the forum mentioned that there is no reason to play the main game)

i gave several battles. i cleared the wondering encounters and the princess never joins the battle. is this going to change? when? how?

Fatt_Shade
02-11-2012, 12:44 PM
@georgios :-DDDDDDD
When did you see/hear of army commander/general that joins battle ?
`General that take sword in hand,sheds his leadership and become common solider` (i`m not sure if this is exact translation).
Amelie is here in same position as HoMM serial to use mana for casting spells, use rage for pet dragon, and give her troops passive bonuses from skills/items she have. She never act actively in battle itself, but is more useful then any unit with spell/rage. Have fun, and enjoy this awesome game :-)

georgios
02-11-2012, 05:27 PM
what if you pick warrior for amelie? i sapose you cant do much with her. you are just getting some bonuses from her armor?

Fatt_Shade
02-11-2012, 06:36 PM
No man, Amelie in battle is there just to look pretty. But every skill you learn with her, every item you have in inventory, every medal you achieve give some bonus to your army. Check in battle : right click on some of your troops and see their stats attack/defense/speed. . ., and later change items you have or learn some skill, and check again. You`ll see that all in hero screen have use and some bonus toward army you are leading.
Warrior Amelie have more attack bonus, and gain more rage to use in battles, mage Amelie have more intellect and double spell cast with her skills, paladin Amelie have more deffence and resurrecting her lost troops after battle. Every class of Amelie can cast spells and use rage for pet dragon, but warrior is strongest with big army and lots of rage, mage with high intellect spells, paladin for ... well i dont like paladin class much but i`m sure she have some use :-) If you pick warrior already you`ll have largest army, highest crit% and therefor most dmg from your troops.
Good luck :-)

Elwin
02-11-2012, 08:01 PM
Warior is more like commander than warrior, big powerfull army

Fatt_Shade
02-11-2012, 09:52 PM
True about current warrior class, but i think it`s completely backwards. Paladin class should have biggest army because paladin is charismatic and beloved leader, so should have highest leadership. Warrior should have middle size elite army, with double casting of rage, like mage have double spell. This would make paladin class a bit interesting to play. As it is now paladin is weakest :-( Warrior huge army, mage strongest spells, paladin ... nothing. But this is just my idea.

georgios
02-12-2012, 10:25 AM
thanks everyone. i just needed to make sure. its new and samehow strange gameplay to me. i'm used to console strategy rpg. final fantasy tatctics, Jeanne d'Arc, tactics ogre, ogre battle.