PDA

View Full Version : reinstalling clod

jayrc
02-09-2012, 04:32 AM
Do I need to manually delete files in program(x86) steamapps and 1C SoftClub in documents to fully uninstall, I unchecked steam cloud and deleted local content but when I reinstalled the game all my config settings and screenshots and stuff are still there, I want to reinstall fresh with default settings, or do I need to delete steam and reinstall? thanks, Jay

Ataros
02-09-2012, 07:57 AM
Config files are stored in Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover folder. You can just delete them. No need to reinstall as they will be replaced with default ones automatically. You may want to save and keep keysettings file though.

Screenshots are stored somewhere in Steam. You can find the folder via Steam screenshots menu.

SlipBall
02-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Do I need to manually delete files in program(x86) steamapps and 1C SoftClub in documents to fully uninstall, I unchecked steam cloud and deleted local content but when I reinstalled the game all my config settings and screenshots and stuff are still there, I want to reinstall fresh with default settings, or do I need to delete steam and reinstall? thanks, Jay

You could uninstall clod, delete softclub, and uninstall steam but some information will remain, such as mission titles and some config settings...not sure where they are hiding that

Factor
02-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Hey, for what its worth, I put a clean win7 64 OS on my computer a few weeks back. I had winXP 32, and did a complete format of my HD before installing win7. After reinstalling Steam and CloD, my controls and other screen options were the same as before.

Damixu
02-09-2012, 01:58 PM
I you have Steam Cloud enabled, all the settings are stored on the net and restored from there whenever needed.

SlipBall
02-09-2012, 02:09 PM
I you have Steam Cloud enabled, all the settings are stored on the net and restored from there whenever needed.

So that makes sense...in that case one would need to disable cloud before re-downloading the game, only this did not work for the op. Or simply let the cloud store your preferred settings.

jayrc
02-09-2012, 05:28 PM
It worked, I deleted everything under steamapps and 1C SoftClub, I also made a copy of my controls and keymap settings just in case, unchecked steam cloud for IL-2 then for steam itself and installed the game, everything seems to be at default, all video settings and message boxes reset to original, controls all set to default. Thanks, Jay:grin:

P.S. I think I'm going to leave steam cloud unchecked, I don't see any need for it since I'm going to be using only one computer, any other reason why you think I would need it?

Ailantd
02-09-2012, 05:51 PM
It worked, I deleted everything under steamapps and 1C SoftClub, I also made a copy of my controls and keymap settings just in case, unchecked steam cloud for IL-2 then for steam itself and installed the game, everything seems to be at default, all video settings and message boxes reset to original, controls all set to default. Thanks, Jay:grin:

P.S. I think I'm going to leave steam cloud unchecked, I don't see any need for it since I'm going to be using only one computer, any other reason why you think I would need it?

Unespected and complete HD failure.

JG52Uther
02-09-2012, 05:52 PM
I have steam cloud turned off. For some time after I first installed CoD I had some sort of corruption where I couldn't fly the Rotol Hurri or any of the single missions without a crash at 95% loading. Even numerous reinstalls did not fix it until I tried with cloud disabled!
I play on one computer, and have my settings backed up so can't really see the need to enable cloud.

SlipBall
02-09-2012, 10:06 PM
I have steam cloud turned off. For some time after I first installed CoD I had some sort of corruption where I couldn't fly the Rotol Hurri or any of the single missions without a crash at 95% loading. Even numerous reinstalls did not fix it until I tried with cloud disabled!
I play on one computer, and have my settings backed up so can't really see the need to enable cloud.

Good advice...done

jayrc
02-12-2012, 07:20 AM
Second thought, I'm going to leave it checked, that way when the patch comes and I enable cloud my settings will be current, also I want to get an Solid State Drive soon, Thanks, Jay

sorak
02-13-2012, 06:36 AM
i find it amusing hearing about all these people that reinstall and uninstall this game like crazy hoping for miracle fixes or that somehow reinstall fixes problems magically.

RickRuski
02-14-2012, 02:57 AM
I'm one of those that has unistalled and re-installed CoD mainly because I had "Launcher" problems that a lot of us have been troubled by. Everything going ok so I decided to remove some nolonger required programs from my PC then I started having "Launcher not working" when trying to get CoD started. Tried to get suggestions to fix it from steam support but everything they suggested didn't work. A re-install of SP1 with W7 finally got every thing working again ok. My only assumption is that during the unistall process of the unwanted programs that some shared Dll's were removed and the re-install of SP1 fixed the missing Dll's. Supprisingly I now seem to have slightly smoother game play and a small fps increase.

Rick

phait
10-13-2013, 06:34 PM
So I got a Steam support ticket started hoping for a refund as I tried EVERYTHING (aside from reinstalling Win 7), but I see people saying delete "1C Softclub" items, and I do not have that folder in C:/users/jself/ -- theres no "Documents" folder, there is "My Documents", and no 1C folder in there.

I haven't even been able to launch or play the game since the launcher always crashes around kernelbase.dll -- so perhaps it doesn't create the 1C folders as it hasn't initialized... am I right? Or is it cause Steam Cloud sync is on?

Herbert680
10-14-2013, 01:07 AM
I have steam cloud turned off.http://www.vovivpcshipp.com/1.jpghttp://www.vovivpcshipp.com/2.jpghttp://www.vovivpcshipp.com/3.jpghttp://www.vovivpcshipp.com/4.jpghttp://www.vovivpcshipp.com/5.jpg

phait
10-14-2013, 01:41 AM
Tried that too, no dice. Well I'm downloading War Thunder so :) Hopefully Steam refunds me.

phait
10-22-2013, 09:45 PM
Well, reinstalled Windows 7 and it works. Geez.

BOBC
12-08-2014, 06:46 PM

I also need to reset to default.
I deleted all files and folders within steamapps folder on my PC.

I dont know though how to find 1C Softclub and where exactly is the settings to uncheck steamcloud ? I presume you connect to steam but then what ? wats the path to that check box ?

BOBC