PDA

View Full Version : BoP Airshow

Gilly
02-07-2012, 05:19 PM
Well it's nearly time to consign BoP to history as BoS rapidly approaches.
I think it deserves a good send off and have mulled with the guys about how to give it a fitting end. As such I'm looking to organise a final hurrah in the form of an airshow. Outline idea is to fly one particular nations aircraft per session and then provide the opportunity to get some pictures as well as celebrate the time we've had with this game. If anyone's interested let me know and I'll try to arrange a suitable date and time to do so. Obviously it'll be limited to 16 per session so if demand is such I'll look to arrange several sessions.

McQ59
02-08-2012, 06:26 AM
Great idea Gilly! A cpl of Immelmans over Manston, low passes on full throttle, massive crashes and epic mid-airs would be a blast :-)

Ratman91101
02-08-2012, 12:39 PM
Sounds great Gilly.Brilliant idea.Count me in.Maybe we can get all Bullies to do a sqdrn PIC?

WildBoar44
02-08-2012, 10:46 PM
I think it deserves a good send off and have mulled with the guys about how to give it a fitting end. As such I'm looking to organise a final hurrah in the form of an airshow. Outline idea is to fly one particular nations aircraft per session and then provide the opportunity to get some pictures as well as celebrate the time we've had with this game. If anyone's interested let me know and I'll try to arrange a suitable date and time to do so. Obviously it'll be limited to 16 per session so if demand is such I'll look to arrange several sessions.

Count me in Sir Gilly ................. nice touch.....bit like one leading Ace said " Its like Hearding Cats"..... f%*ing funny ! ..... BoP master quote ! .... See you on set 8-)

U2RATTLEHUM
02-09-2012, 04:37 AM
Count me in Gilly. Great idea this just might be better then speilbergs

dkwookie
02-13-2012, 06:24 PM
This sounds great Gilly, I am in. How about one last lap of the frozen Don as well? One lap race, winner takes all :-)

McQ59
02-13-2012, 06:39 PM
The Don track sounds great dk! One last round... Sh*t! I'm starting to get that nostalgic feeling already... Send me a message if you guys see me on pls :-)

bobbysocks
02-13-2012, 08:26 PM
what date are you planning this shindig for? i might bop in and spectate if i am off and home.

Gilly
02-14-2012, 10:45 AM
This sounds great Gilly, I am in. How about one last lap of the frozen Don as well? One lap race, winner takes all :-)

Sounds like a plan DK! I'm up for a bit of that!

WildBoar44
02-15-2012, 03:55 PM
I have not a clue what DK is describing.... but I will gladly do some of that !

Gilly
02-15-2012, 04:27 PM
I have not a clue what DK is describing.... but I will gladly do some of that !

Here you go mate. One from 'back in the day'!!
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=13143&highlight=Dover+circuit

KAV
02-15-2012, 05:44 PM

Great idea, count me in mate.....

Ps:
Duxford is only 5 months away......

dkwookie
02-16-2012, 01:25 PM
Here you go mate. One from 'back in the day'!!
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=13143&highlight=Dover+circuit

Ah good times reading that thread Gilly. Thanks for finding and linking it. I wonder if it's too Skynet late to send a copy of it to Gaijin to put a real race mode in BOS. Anyway I look forward to finding some new circuits on BOS when it's out. Lancaster and mozzie races down the Ruhr valleys, I can't wait :-)

Gilly
02-16-2012, 02:43 PM
Ah good times reading that thread Gilly. Thanks for finding and linking it. I wonder if it's too Skynet late to send a copy of it to Gaijin to put a real race mode in BOS. Anyway I look forward to finding some new circuits on BOS when it's out. Lancaster and mozzie races down the Ruhr valleys, I can't wait :-)

Yeah I had that nostalgia when I read through again. I'll be interested to see what performance corrections BoS brings. As for the Lanc/ Mossie racing I'll bring the trusty Stringbag!!!!

johnwells69
02-25-2012, 04:33 PM
Can I be involved with this please?

Gilly
02-25-2012, 06:14 PM
Can I be involved with this please?

Not a problem. Now that we have a firm release for BoS I'll look to get something organised.
I'll let you know.