PDA

View Full Version : Saitek Aviator-02 mic problem

U2711AZ
02-04-2012, 05:33 PM
:!: Ok let's see if anybody can help me to solve this : My flight stick is a Saitek av8r-02 and after several flight hours now r.i.p. ( fighting hardly against my flying mates) due to it's cheap and thin plastic only for gentle hand pilots. But the main and unsolvable trouble was not the plastic but that damned mic never working. As you can kindly see below i posted some pics referring to- pin and plug- for its 2.5 mic jack. All i tried is changing mics headsets and even any other stuff i had to hear and talk with but no way - So i even decided to buy a new av8r but **** nothing to do with headset again. :confused: As i try to enter a chat party i only can make my friends ears ringing as bells due to my mic noise :evil:. Is there a way to solve this :idea: ? Thx early. ( sorry 4 my unproper english ) Alex

Robotic Pope
02-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Yes, I have been trying to help Alex with this for months and everything we try makes no difference. When he uses his headset on his AV8R the mic always transmits what we say back to our headsets at about 3 times the volume.
He has tried 2 different xbox headsets (both work when plugged into gamepad) and both AV8R sticks give the same results. I'm running out of ideas.

Alex, how many of this type of microsoft headset do you have?
http://nxeassets.xbox.com/shaxam/0201/e9/4c/e94c582b-2817-4034-a5ab-8b29b4b99f02.PNG?v=1#headset-wired-volume-m-m.PNG

U2711AZ
02-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Yes, I have been trying to help Alex with this for months and everything we try makes no difference. When he uses his headset on his AV8R the mic always transmits what we say back to our headsets at about 3 times the volume.
He has tried 2 different xbox headsets (both work when plugged into gamepad) and both AV8R sticks give the same results. I'm running out of ideas.

Alex, how many of this type of microsoft headset do you have?
http://nxeassets.xbox.com/shaxam/0201/e9/4c/e94c582b-2817-4034-a5ab-8b29b4b99f02.PNG?v=1#headset-wired-volume-m-m.PNG

Ciao Pope, 2 headset as same as the one you posted ( xbox elite) and 1 with the plastic support ( only 4 normal pad not saitek av8r ) i've even got a brand new one but same result. Do not works. :confused:

Robotic Pope
02-04-2012, 08:42 PM
Ciao Pope, 2 headset as same as the one you posted ( xbox elite) and 1 with the plastic support ( only 4 normal pad not saitek av8r ) i've even got a brand new one but same result. Do not works. :confused:

Thanks Alex, thats what I thought, and they all work well on the gamepad yes?

I will ask Evangelus to see if he has any more ideas, he is the expert.

bobbysocks
02-05-2012, 06:42 AM
try a non MS headset. that is the one problem i didnt have when i used saitek sticks.....but i used a turtlebeach headset/mic. i actually never even tried the headset that came with my xbox ( actually forgot it even came with one to be honest ). it does seem to be an inhearant problem with flight sticks though. my turtle beach x11s do give either an echo or backgropund wash noise on occasion....usually when the room fills with more than 5 or 6 players. sometimes i unplug/plug and that fixes it...other times i jusr shut the mic off umless i want to talk. it IS predominante when i host the game and the party. most places have a liberal return policy...so if you shell out cash for a headset and it doesnt pan out you can talk it back. its worth a try....

SEE
02-05-2012, 01:11 PM
I had this problem of echo as well and it seemed to start after one of the Xbox Live updates. I used an AV8R for a long while and never had problems then it suddenly started and Pope, Bucket and players mentioned severe echo.

I modified my Xbox headset so that the mic and earpiece cables ran separately and were not in the same sleeve, it seemed there was some cross talk occuring (audio recieve signal bleeding over to the Mic signal within the cable its self). It seemed to help but I cannot remeber if it totally cured the problem.

I will set my XBox up and have a chat with you regards my solution, been a long while, hopefully get a game of BoP if theres a session.

Robotic Pope
02-05-2012, 07:30 PM
Thanks guys, I got to say this is worst echo I ever heard, It is so loud. We forgot to mention that He is also unable to speak, Us on the other end can ONLY hear ourselves. It really seems like the AV8R headset contact wires are swiched so he talks into the speaker and listens down the microphone, But how could this happen to two headsets tested on two sticks??

bobbysocks
02-05-2012, 08:02 PM
ok...stupid question....kind of a grasping at straw deal. does he have his TV volume turned all the way down? and/or how close to the TV is he sitting? if he has some volume on the TV and is sitting close you may get interference from that. i did get better results when i mutes the TV and moved further away. i even have to turn off fans in the room...i actually think some of these mics are overly sensitive.

RP:"But how could this happen to two headsets tested on two sticks??"

same style and make of headset right?? try a different brand.

U2711AZ
02-06-2012, 07:53 AM
Thx You all guys for your suggestions i've even ordered a tourtle beach headset but i can't believe that's the solution anyway let's see maybe Bobbysocks is right. Bobby i'm not too close to tv because if i was i couldn't normally chat with others using a normal pad. Evangelus thx it could be interesting to have some pics of your wired headset "bypass" if possible. Thx Pope for your support. (I've preordered Birds of steel 69.96 euro out on 02/28). Must be ready for that day. Need to talk with you as we fly, cannot shoot you down silently! ;) ahah ( kiddin of course ) It's always a pleasure to me dogfighting with you all flying mates.

FOZ_1983
02-06-2012, 06:32 PM
Its probably your joystick thats broekn internally. I've got the same joystick and i use my MS headset (same as pictured) and it works just fine.

Robotic Pope
02-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Its probably your joystick thats broekn internally. I've got the same joystick and i use my MS headset (same as pictured) and it works just fine.

Its TWO joysticks. Hard to believe that two joysticks bought at completely different time and place, both have the same fault (a fault that nobody elses stick has).

FOZ_1983
02-07-2012, 12:17 AM
Its TWO joysticks. Hard to believe that two joysticks bought at completely different time and place, both have the same fault (a fault that nobody elses stick has).

My proffesional opinion -

Fook knows!!

hurricane
02-07-2012, 12:53 AM
I had this problem of echo as well and it seemed to start after one of the Xbox Live updates. I used an AV8R for a long while and never had problems then it suddenly started and Pope, Bucket and players mentioned severe echo.

I modified my Xbox headset so that the mic and earpiece cables ran separately and were not in the same sleeve, it seemed there was some cross talk occuring (audio recieve signal bleeding over to the Mic signal within the cable its self). It seemed to help but I cannot remeber if it totally cured the problem.

I will set my XBox up and have a chat with you regards my solution, been a long while, hopefully get a game of BoP if theres a session.

see ,you should introduce yourself in the new pilots report here thread.I didn't even know that you where on my freinds list.hopefully you might be able to join us some night.anyway nice to meet you.;)
p.s. how did you know my gamertag? I may be cheap but i'm not easy.

U2711AZ
02-08-2012, 12:11 PM
It seems to be even a little bit funny but it probably be working. So i bought 2 av8r 3 MS headsets 1 non MS headset even trying to use all variants cell headsets and nothing to do with that problem. Than i decided to buy a male/female 2.5jack/plug wire extension. It seems to be working. The AV8R-02 has a fitting problem on both with its 2.5 jack plug. I'll finally try to test it maybe this late evening if some of my flying mates is on the bop sky :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Robotic Pope
02-08-2012, 04:10 PM
Thats strange lol. Well as long as it works. I will be on tonight so you can test it on me :D