PDA

View Full Version : Getting to grips with the aircraft

SuperSpit
02-03-2012, 02:26 PM
Hi everyone!

I;ve had BoP for a while now, and I;ve completed the campaign on Arcade. However, when I go online I am really rubbish. I have never got one kill (well, I did get one, by ramming the opponent - sorry:() and it's starting to cheese me off.

Can you folks recommend a good aircraft to start with - I've almost always used the Hurricane, because I like it.

Even better, is there someone who could teach me the ropes online? Even better if you have a mic!:)

Thanks for your time guys,

SuperSpit

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to mention I'm on PS3.

Gilly
02-03-2012, 05:07 PM
Welcome! Quick question but what is your preferred online mode? Arcade, realistic or sim? Only reason I ask is so as to point you towards the right guys. Personally I play Realistic and dabble with Sim but there's plenty of hardcore Arcade and Sim aces who'll help.
Also check out the forum in my sig as most of the guys have somewhat migrated over to the Birds of Steel forum.

SuperSpit
02-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the reply Gilly.

I only play arcade, because that is all I have unlocked.:(

StiC
02-03-2012, 05:42 PM
You'll find most people here are willing to help out newcomers, me included.

PSN ID shiki_con, add me, I usually fly late evenings Atlantic (GMT -4)

StiC

Gilly
02-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the reply Gilly.

I only play arcade, because that is all I have unlocked.:(

Just do the tutorials in each mode and it'll unlock online visibility of all games. That said you can be invited to any mode by another player so it's not that important! Shiki made the perfect offer above to get you started. Most of us English guys are on in the evenings GMT, overlapping late on with our cross-pond betheren who take over care of the skies until tomorrow!!

U2RATTLEHUM
02-04-2012, 05:37 AM
Welcome aboard SuperSpit

WildBoar44
02-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Hi everyone!

I;ve had BoP for a while now, and I;ve completed the campaign on Arcade. However, when I go online I am really rubbish. I have never got one kill (well, I did get one, by ramming the opponent - sorry:() and it's starting to cheese me off.

Can you folks recommend a good aircraft to start with - I've almost always used the Hurricane, because I like it.

Even better, is there someone who could teach me the ropes online? Even better if you have a mic!:)

Thanks for your time guys,

SuperSpit

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to mention I'm on PS3.

Hi SuperSpit.......................:)

What country are you based in ....?......what time zone...... ?

The hurricane is a very good plane, good damage and very manouverable, the spit II is a favoured choice, good allround and faster than a Hurri , no reason why you cant get good success in a Spit II as well. The Me109 is a poor turner in arcade, La5/7 are decent though.

just keep about 25 hours reserve time.... just forget the win factor...just use it all as "training".... it will come with time.

Play with the best you can.....best way to learn. ! :cool:

If you UK based...... just let me know... Good luck Ace !

Ratman91101
02-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Your name is awnser to the question.SpitMKIX airlons 100% -1 tick elevators 50% +1 tick ,But Master the spit before you move to Hurry.Also when you fly the 109.It flies and turn allot differently.But is a formitable advisary to the Spit in the right hands.C'ya in the clouds!