PDA

View Full Version : Re-Installing from CE Disc?

SEE
02-01-2012, 02:30 PM
My install has a developed a serious problem - verifying cache hasn't worked despite showing 20 files in need of replacement and replacing them - I still have serious gameplay issues that have suddenly appeared and I cannot resolve them.

I need to re-install CloD but what is the correct procedure, the threads I have found also relate to re-installing Steam which I don't think is necessary for me.

I have backed up my custom missions/campaigns/folders etc, config/User ini files,etc. Thanks for any help!

VO101_Tom
02-01-2012, 02:45 PM
What issues? Are you sure, the reinstall will solve that, if the verifying don't?

SEE
02-01-2012, 03:02 PM
The game has gone into slow motion and the sound has become a mess - Engines are a awful drone, character voices are slow,distorted and jumbled in with the monotonic sound of what is supposed to be the engine. There is a two second lag from my Stick inputs and it takes about 20 seconds for the game to render at the start of a mission.

I don't think its a hardware problem as IL946 maxed out using missions on Cannons Map play perfectly well and uses 1.6Gb of Vram.

VO101_Tom
02-01-2012, 03:36 PM
The game has gone into slow motion and the sound has become a mess - Engines are a awful drone, character voices are slow,distorted and jumbled in with the monotonic sound of what is supposed to be the engine. There is a two second lag from my Stick inputs and it takes about 20 seconds for the game to render at the start of a mission.

I don't think its a hardware problem as IL946 maxed out using missions on Cannons Map play perfectly well and uses 1.6Gb of Vram.

1946? That's a 10 year old game, a totally different level of details, and system requirements.

Sadly, I think this is a CPU performance issue. Two member of my squad had similar problem (input lag), the only workable solution was the PC upgrade (they didn't want to wait till the next patch).
What you can do, pull down the graphic settings: the epilepsy filter, ssao, trees and land shaders. It this is not help, you have to wait till the next patch (performance gains promised).

SEE
02-01-2012, 03:49 PM
Its been fine, this has suddenly started today.

5./JG27.Farber
02-01-2012, 04:31 PM
Right click the game in steam library and delete local content. Delete the folder in Steam/apps/common for the game.

Delete the folder in documents - 1csoftclub.

Use a problem Like like Ccleaner - its free!

reinstall via steam and or disc.

Give that ago. NOW, before you put your folders back in the game, run it and see if everything is ok. This will isolate them from the problem solving. If all is well you can put your files back in.

SEE
02-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Many thanks, I wasn't sure wether to delete CLoD using control Panel or using Steam. Will give it a go!

5./JG27.Farber
02-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Hope this solves your problem, Please PM me if it doesnt, we will get it fixed. :-P

You can delete a Steam game using any method.

SEE
02-02-2012, 06:29 AM
It's not the game! The fault seems to be hardware or BIOS related, possibly the new GFX card.

After exiting Windows (but not switching the PSU off) and then later boot my PC, the moniotor does not display anything. I doubt its the GFX driver because it isn't active untill Windows loads. If I do a soft re-set the display works during the re- boot but CloD runs very badly and the sound is a total mess.

But, if I exit windows -switch the PSU Off then re-boot its fine and CloD runs perfect. It's happened a few times now......:confused:

5./JG27.Farber
02-02-2012, 07:25 AM
Have you checked all cables are plug in properly.

Ataros
02-02-2012, 11:25 AM
There is a number of free hardware test/monitoring programs. Try running them to see if something is broken. Check processor and video card clock speed, etc.

If both video and sound are effected than it can be DirectX or .Net issue.

It may be a case that your old PSU is dying or can not handle the new video card.

SEE
02-02-2012, 12:30 PM
Its a realtively new PSU (650W 12v/40A supply) but I will check the voltges anyway next time it happens. I don't think it could be anything to do with windows or software code. The monitor fails to display the BIOS messages at boot-up or the OS selection screen to select XP/Win 7 partion - no OS system is actually loaded but no display.

I will return the GFX card just as a matter of elimination. It may be something to do with the GFX BIOS and Nvidea Adapative Power Management but I'm guessing. It seems odd that IL1946 works perfect but CloD is a total mess - that seems to indicate that the GFX card is not adapting to the new GPU loads placed on it unless I drain power from the Mobo by switching the PSU off and restarting all the BIOS routines.

Not to worry, if the problem remains with a replacement GFX card installed I have the perfect excuse to upgrade to a i5 2500K..............:grin:

Thanks for all the help and interest guys!