PDA

View Full Version : Best conf settings for GeForce GTX550Ti ?

Phabius
02-01-2012, 05:01 AM
I've been dealing with the conf file, trying to dial the best settings for my nvidia GeForce GTX550Ti.

Still, I have some issues like FMB positioned trees with no shadows (shadows=2), and some nasty rendering of airfields and objects in the distance (yes, the two last lines are already added to the conf file), with moving parallel lines...

Windows XP SP3
i7 960
4GB RAM

Any suggenstions for the conf file settings for max visual experience?

Thanks!

KG26_Alpha
02-01-2012, 01:03 PM
I've been dealing with the conf file, trying to dial the best settings for my nvidia GeForce GTX550Ti.

Still, I have some issues like FMB positioned trees with no shadows (shadows=2), and some nasty rendering of airfields and objects in the distance (yes, the two last lines are already added to the conf file), with moving parallel lines...

Windows XP SP3
i7 960
4MB RAM

Any suggenstions for the conf file settings for max visual experience?

Thanks!

Make sure your running OGL not Dx.

[Render_OpenGL]
TexQual=3
TexMipFilter=1
TexCompress=2
TexFlags.UseDither=0
TexFlags.UseAlpha=0
TexFlags.UseIndex=0
TexFlags.PolygonStipple=0
TexFlags.UseClampedSprites=0
TexFlags.DrawLandByTriangles=1
TexFlags.UseVertexArrays=1
TexFlags.DisableAPIExtensions=0
TexFlags.ARBMultitextureExt=1
TexFlags.TexEnvCombineExt=1
TexFlags.SecondaryColorExt=1
TexFlags.VertexArrayExt=1
TexFlags.ClipHintExt=0
TexFlags.UsePaletteExt=0
TexFlags.TexAnisotropicExt=0
TexFlags.TexCompressARBExt=1

TexFlags.TexEnvCombine4NV=1
TexFlags.TexEnvCombineDot3=1
TexFlags.DepthClampNV=1
TexFlags.SeparateSpecular=1
TexFlags.TextureShaderNV=1

HardwareShaders=1

Shadows=2
Specular=2
SpecularLight=2
DiffuseLight=2
DynamicalLights=1
MeshDetail=2
VisibilityDistance=3

Sky=2
Forest=2
LandShading=3
LandDetails=2

LandGeom=2
TexLarge=1
TexLandQual=3
TexLandLarge=1

VideoSetupId=17
Water=4
Effects=1
ForceShaders1x=0

PolygonOffsetFactor=-0.15
PolygonOffsetUnits=-3.0

Phabius
02-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Thank you!
Gonna try it tonight.

Greetings

CadMan
02-01-2012, 11:29 PM
I have 550Ti as well, try these as well:

Effects=2 enhanced effects
LandGeom=3 for 32=>72km land draw distance

swiss
02-02-2012, 01:39 AM
[Render_OpenGL]
TexQual=3
TexMipFilter=3
TexCompress=0*
TexFlags.UseDither=0
TexFlags.UseAlpha=0
TexFlags.UseIndex=0
TexFlags.PolygonStipple=0
TexFlags.UseClampedSprites=0
TexFlags.DrawLandByTriangles=0
TexFlags.UseVertexArrays=1
TexFlags.DisableAPIExtensions=0
TexFlags.ARBMultitextureExt=1
TexFlags.TexEnvCombineExt=1
TexFlags.SecondaryColorExt=1
TexFlags.VertexArrayExt=1
TexFlags.ClipHintExt=0
TexFlags.UsePaletteExt=0
TexFlags.TexAnisotropicExt=1
TexFlags.TexCompressARBExt=0*

TexFlags.TexEnvCombine4NV=1
TexFlags.TexEnvCombineDot3=1
TexFlags.DepthClampNV=1
TexFlags.SeparateSpecular=1
TexFlags.TextureShaderNV=1

HardwareShaders=1

Shadows=2
Specular=2
SpecularLight=2
DiffuseLight=2
DynamicalLights=1
MeshDetail=2
VisibilityDistance=3

Sky=2
Forest=3
LandShading=3
LandDetails=2

LandGeom=3
TexLarge=1
TexLandQual=3
TexLandLarge=1

VideoSetupId=17
Water=4
Effects=2
ForceShaders1x=0

Phabius
02-02-2012, 04:02 AM
Thanks again!

Everything is running smoothly :)

TexMipFilter=3 seems to do the trick and LandGeom=3 enhances the landscape drawing, so far so good.

But I'm still having problems with trees and I don't know if this is normal:

With Forest=3, even so standard map trees look much better, every "FMB placed" tree is invisible, both in FMB and in game.
In FMB, Object 165 appears on the map, but the actual tree set is invisible (2D and 3D views in FMB, and in game).

With Forest=2, the trees I've inserted with FMB are visible as they should, but none of them cast shadows as they use to with my old video card.

KG26_Alpha
02-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Thanks again!

TexMipFilter=3 seems to do the trick and LandGeom=3 enhances the landscape drawing, so far so good.

With Forest=3, even so standard map trees look much better, every "FMB placed" tree is invisible, both in FMB and in game.
In FMB, Object 165 appears on the map, but the actual tree set is invisible (2D and 3D views in FMB, and in game).

With Forest=2, the trees I've inserted with FMB are visible as they should, but none of them cast shadows as they use to with my old video card.

The OGL settings I posted up are my "fail safe" ones.

If you have it running smoothly you can tweak around the effects and distance also texture compressions and AA.

Invisible tree object 165 is an old bug, I've crashed into many of them.

Seems dependant on your video settings if you see them or not.

HOSTIL
02-09-2012, 02:49 PM
I have an old 8600GT 512mb ddr2 128bits to run il2 1946.
I can use opengl at maximun video settings (my FPS are over 70), or I can use directx at maximum video settings (my FPS are over 90).
If my old gpu can run at maximum, yours should run it too (easly).

I think the eyes only can see difference bellow 30 fps. And if your video settings are at maximum, I think there is nothing more to do. Play the game and have fun.

Cordially,

Nicholaiovitch
02-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Thanks again!

The tree issue with object 165 has been a known bug for many years and many requests have been made to fix it. Unfortunately, the only safe way to fly, particularly online is to use "Forest=2" as you have no idea if the mission builder has used this object (until you explode having hit it!).

The setting for "Texcompress" and "TexFlags.TexCompressARBExt" may require changing to "2" and "1" respectively if you get mission loading failure with some of the very large maps (the reduction in image quality is very small)

Nicholaiovitch:)

Phabius
02-12-2012, 03:32 AM
Thanks everyone for your help!
It's running very smooth now, with the best possible graphics. No frame dropping and the immersion was highly enhanced.

I'm just waiting for 4.11.1 so the sky light problems at dusk, dawn, etc. can be addressed.

wuffman
02-26-2012, 01:24 AM
I too have a 550TI, and am experiencing CTD w/ high AI count. Sorry to be so unlearned here, but how do you get this game to run in OGL? I have searched the menu, folders, and Nvidia control panel. Do not seem to be able to find this. Also my "conf" file does not have the same varibles in the same order as your suggestions.

Thank you for your help, as I really see the potential in this piece of software. I just spent $150+ on this card, before learning that it was really nowhere close to the 560. So cannot buy another for awhile. Would like to take advantage of the fine advice on here. - wuffman -

Aviar
02-26-2012, 12:50 PM
Sorry to be so unlearned here, but how do you get this game to run in OGL? I have searched the menu, folders, and Nvidia control panel. Do not seem to be able to find this. Also my "conf" file does not have the same varibles in the same order as your suggestions.

On your Setup screen. (See screenshot)

Aviar

wuffman
02-27-2012, 04:45 AM
Aviar,
Thank you for the reply. That is indeed the screen I am looking for, but have yet to find it??? Can you please give me the big block instruction as to finding it?
I am running XP, so that may be the issue.
Intel Core 2 Duo 6850
Asus p51 mb
Evga geforce GTX 550TI
4GB1600 DDR3
Again, I appreciate your time.

Aviar
02-27-2012, 05:46 AM
It's an application file in your IL-2 folder named 'il2setup'. Just double-click on it.

Aviar

Kittle
02-27-2012, 08:04 PM
I just replaced my old integrated nVidia nForce 430 w/128MB with an nVidia 8400GS w/512MB that I thought didn't work but it does ;) I turned my in game IL2 settings up to max and it's smooth as butter, anyone else out there with an 8400GS wish to share their thoughts/settings for IL2???

Rig Specs are:
AMD 2.5 Ghz Dual Core
3 GB DDR2
8400GS 512MB

Snake
02-28-2012, 03:44 PM
Also, is anybody using a GT430 1GB DDR3 and wants to share their opinion and settings for IL2?

Sandeu
03-27-2012, 02:16 AM
Hi everyone I have a GeForce GTX550Ti,

I cannot get AA to work in OpenGL, it works fine in DX. Just about beating my head against the wall on this one.

I'm pretty sure it is a OGL issue. I think the newer versions do not support the old IL2 very well. I'm about ready to try every GeForce GTX550Ti driver and was hoping what version of drivers are you using, I know this topic is a month old and I am using a newer versions (I'm using 296.10 now).

I'm comfortable with Nvida control panel
As well as with nvidiaInspector (Does this override Nvidia control panel, or fine tune it?)
I've edited more than my fair share of the config.ini file (I've been playing Il2 since its conception, have played this game since before my ATI 9800GT, can't remember what card I had before this, heck my first graphic card was a Mach32, but I digress, so I've been tweaking the Config.ini for sometime)

So if you've had this problem but now you have it fixed. Please post here and share your success.

Thanks for you help.

Update Still no fix after attempting all Geforce Drivers form Nvidia. Now I have no AA in DirectX or OpenGL. I've tried using NvidiaInspector to set the AA to override, enhance but still no effect. It as if the new OpenGL 4 doesn't support this game anymore Any advice or assistance would be greatly apreciated.