PDA

View Full Version : Young friend with install problems

Richie
01-25-2012, 04:30 AM
I'll just put up what he wrote in an email..That should be best.

i have been trying out your gamemil-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover that you sent my dad and it did not seem to work the first time round... but... it did work the second time... and it worked like a charm!!! atleast,that is,untill i tried to fly... the hole game was in rusian. now of coarse i do not know rusian so i could not find language options in the menu after searching for about five hours... so i gave up and went on to flying it all in rusian. the only word in rusian i understood was missions. so i got into the game and i tried to bank left... it didnt move...so yanked back and forth on it and nothing happend...then i tried to use the throttle... and suprisingly that was the only thing that worked... so then i thought "Oh no problem ill just fix it in the options"...then i then i thought about it... i do not know Options in rusian... so i looked it up and surly enuf there it was in the menu. then i came to another problem... i did not understand any of the words in the options pannle. pleas reply i need help to set this up...
================================================== ================

See if you can figure it out for him.

FS~Phat
01-25-2012, 05:00 AM
You can maybe try this option here > http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=24886&highlight=change+language+russian+english

If that doesnt work then likely he will need to get the registration key changed by Steam from a russian key to english through steam support.

KG26_Alpha
01-25-2012, 05:14 AM
I'll just put up what he wrote in an email..That should be best.

i have been trying out your gamemil-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover that you sent my dad and it did not seem to work the first time round... but... it did work the second time... and it worked like a charm!!! atleast,that is,untill i tried to fly... the hole game was in rusian. now of coarse i do not know rusian so i could not find language options in the menu after searching for about five hours... so i gave up and went on to flying it all in rusian. the only word in rusian i understood was missions. so i got into the game and i tried to bank left... it didnt move...so yanked back and forth on it and nothing happend...then i tried to use the throttle... and suprisingly that was the only thing that worked... so then i thought "Oh no problem ill just fix it in the options"...then i then i thought about it... i do not know Options in rusian... so i looked it up and surly enuf there it was in the menu. then i came to another problem... i did not understand any of the words in the options pannle. pleas reply i need help to set this up...
================================================== ================

See if you can figure it out for him.

You have the Russian version installed.

You need the EU version.

If you made a mistake in Steam with the local language Steam would be in Russian.
The Russian version is a single language installation only.

@ Richie if you have the English version you can send your maddox file to them, it will convert it to English till the next patch is out, obviously the EU versions a better permanent solution.

It is still legitimate with Steam as the games been purchased with it own license key, the file converts the Cyrillic to English text.

Richie
01-25-2012, 05:17 AM
He should register on here. Thanks very much you two.

jimbop
01-25-2012, 06:15 AM
Worth checking this old thread about converting Russian version by replacing maddox.dll (at the end).

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19604

Ataros
01-25-2012, 07:21 AM
If he purchased the Russian version by mistake he should try to return it and get an international one. Otherwise he has to replace maddox.dll after each patch. I do not think it is 100% legal or ethical because Russian version is cheaper as it is published by 1C, not by UBI.

Maybe the maddox.dll solution will not work one day at all as UBI probably fights piracy to get more $$$.

Richie
01-25-2012, 08:16 AM
We'll find out when he reads it tomorrow.

jimbop
01-25-2012, 08:20 AM
Can't guarantee it works either. I bought the EU version by pre order but got the Russian version when the epilepsy filter fiasco was revealed. Ended up being a wasted purchase after the epilepsy filter was made optional anyway...

Ataros
01-25-2012, 09:05 AM
BTW how does he know it is Russian? Some European countries also use Cyrillic alphabet IIRC. In this case he can just switch language in Steam probably.

Richie
01-25-2012, 11:57 AM
I don't know yet. This is pacific time in BC Canada still only 4:55am lol. What I don't understand is where he would get a Russian game?

KG26_Alpha
01-25-2012, 03:48 PM
I don't know yet. This is pacific time in BC Canada still only 4:55am lol. What I don't understand is where he would get a Russian game?

Well.............

If he has an Illegal copy downloaded from somewhere... which is possible,
it would/could be in Russian as it bypassed the Steam installation process as the Steam interface detects the installation language,
Russian DVD copy = Russian Steam language at installation point.

If Downloaded through Steam the same applies also.

Could be has an Illegal copy installed straight from a rar file to his PC, but I'm speculating of course.

JG52Uther
01-25-2012, 09:38 PM
Richie did you send the copy to him? It seems to read like that in your first post. If you sent him an 'international' version I can only guess at a steam localisation problem.

Ataros
01-26-2012, 01:15 AM
There is a chance of Steam error also. Both installations are present on Steam and it can mix them up. IIRC all Russians received the English version with one of previous patches and were mad about it.

However I think it is more probable that it is not in Russian but in some other Eastern-European language using Cyrillic alphabet. Then it can be changed in Steam.

Richie
01-26-2012, 04:55 AM
Richie did you send the copy to him? It seems to read like that in your first post. If you sent him an 'international' version I can only guess at a steam localisation problem.

No I couldn't have sent him a copy I think what he means is the information about the game that I've been sending to him via his Dad. Screenshots videos etc. I may have given him a UBI-SHOP link but he wouldn't have downloaded anything weird there.

Richie
01-26-2012, 10:07 PM
I found out that he just found it. I think I may have sent him a link months ago so it probably is my fault in the end. I forgot about it.

JG52Uther
01-27-2012, 05:34 AM
I would guess then he has the Russian version.