PDA

View Full Version : Limited planes not possible

Wolkenbeisser
01-24-2012, 08:15 PM
Hi Guys

I have a problem since 4.10m. But it disturbs me only since 4.11m is here (with its possibility to use static planes as spawnpoints).

Situation:
FMB, building a dogfight mission, red homebase

Problem:
If I clear the checkbox "unlimited" in the settings of, lets say, the P-51D-5NT and put the number "1" in the field "amount", only one player shoud be able to take a P-51D-5NT. All the others should be forced to use another aircraft type. But this does not work. All players can chose a P-51D-5NT.

Does someone know how this works?

Thanks in advance
Wolkenbeisser

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
01-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Check also general plane limitation in the homebase setting!

Wolkenbeisser
01-25-2012, 06:30 PM
I think I did this Caspar.

What I want is:

There are many planes in the list of that airfield (training map of our squadron). Now, for testing, I wanted, that there is only ONE P-51D-5NT for the players to pick. If it's picked by a player, the other pilots should be forced to take another plane (btw. Pilots should NOT be limited on this airfield). As soon as the P-51D-5NT is destroyed (or the player landed and hit 'refly') this single P-51D-5NT shoud be back in the pool of the planes.

The problem is, that it does not work, no matter how I tried. I know, it's my problem, because I already saw maps with this feature.

Let me show you some pictures of the settings I use. Maybe someone can tell me, where the error lies.

TheGrunch
01-25-2012, 07:20 PM
If I remember correctly from a vague recollection, you could always choose the limited plane, but you would spawn into nothing and be forced to refly? Have you checked that all players can actually fly the aircraft at once? Don't remember too well, haven't played on a server with limits for a long time.

Wolkenbeisser
01-25-2012, 08:34 PM
Hi Grunch

Yes, with this settings (see screens in post above) more than one player can fly away with a P-51D-5NT. I don't understand the way this works...:confused:

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
01-26-2012, 06:34 AM
As for now, I suggest to try it with a static spawnpoint for the P-51 only. Is it the same then? Otherwise, I have no idea currently.

JtD
01-27-2012, 02:48 AM
There is a total plane limit, not a in-use limit.

So if you set it to 1, 1 player can take it and no one else will get to choose the plane. If the player lands the plane intact at the same base, he (or someone else) can use it again. If the plane gets destroyed, damaged or is landed on another base, it is no longer available.

It has always worked like that for me. Maybe if you posted the mission file it would be possible to take a closer look.

Wolkenbeisser
01-28-2012, 02:06 PM
There is a total plane limit, not a in-use limit.

So if you set it to 1, 1 player can take it and no one else will get to choose the plane. If the player lands the plane intact at the same base, he (or someone else) can use it again. If the plane gets destroyed, damaged or is landed on another base, it is no longer available.

It has always worked like that for me. Maybe if you posted the mission file it would be possible to take a closer look.

Aha! That's it. The Checkbox "Flugfeld verliert Flugzeuge, wenn sie zerstört werden" (on the first of my screens) has to be checked!

Now I understand how it works. Thanks JtD!

:grin: