PDA

View Full Version : Kings bounty crossworlds: GOTY edition changing save?

UnknownAir
01-23-2012, 01:33 PM
So I recently got this in my local store as the game came with Armoured princess as well.

One issue i've just realised is that I didn't know before is that crossworlds is exactly the same to kings bounty armoured princess, just with more content? I didn't know this originally so I just started on armoured princess first. Is there anyway I can move over my save to crossworlds? Though there could be a chance I am in fact playing crossworlds somehow seeing as all the loading screens are for crossworlds (though I have to restart the game to play armoured princess and theres no saves on the orcs campaign.).

Thanks for any advice.

Fatt_Shade
01-23-2012, 05:00 PM
@UnknownAir Sorry to disappoint you man, but it`s not possible to move save game files from AP to CW. Same goes for different modes, when you start game and check out some islands and see nice items/units available there is no way to use same save file in other mod :-(
So only option is starting new game in CW and hope for nice unit/item/reward placement in game world. Good luck :-)

UnknownAir
01-23-2012, 05:24 PM
Really? Awh man I wish I had known that from the start now as I just assumed crossworlds was a sort of large add on to it. Though I can't believe that when crossworlds came out everyone had to restart their game again? That's a pity.

I get now that it's more of a "directors cut" than anything and the two new campaigns are what alot of people were there for. I mean armoured princess is alot more enjoyable that the first game to me seeing as most of the skills make sense now. But I might finish armoured princess and then have a go at it after (such a time burner though! xD).

Thanks again.

Fatt_Shade
01-23-2012, 07:10 PM
Not so many ppl started restarted their AP game since almost everyone playing this game already done at least 3 whole playthroughs before CW come out :-P
2 new short campaigns are interesting to play but they are just that : short.
CW bring some new skills/items/spells/quests . . . But biggest change is completely remake of Orc race and how it effects old campaign; possible builds, tactics and unit combinations.
I dont know how far you got to current play in original AP, but remember it and after starting new game in CW you`ll see big difference.
As for save game files, if you download any mod for this game from this forum, you`ll have to start new game again and pick that mod to make changes. This doesnt mean for all mods, for example battle camera mod, or mana regeneration mod, silent digging mod and such will change already started game.
But any mod that change/add some unit, or object in game will have to start new game : all units on debir mod, adventure mod, red_sands mod . . .
So if you want to play again original campaign in CW before starting it check mod part of this forum and decide is there any you`ll like to try.