PDA

View Full Version : squad logos in 4.11

llama_thumper
01-22-2012, 10:09 PM
dear team daidalos, i noticed there are some custom squadrons in there - is it possible to have another squadron included?

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
01-23-2012, 06:15 AM
Lets hear, what you are thinking about.

llama_thumper
01-23-2012, 07:20 AM
my bad - i had the impression, that, under the patch, new custom, community, squads were introduced via the paintschemes/regiments subfolder. it seems however that the ones i noticed were either from previously or maybe from online play.

anyhow, my idea was to include custom squad patches, on request from the squad, so that they would be part of the il-2 installation as opposed to having to be copied in. minor point, just an idea.

also - can i just tell you a BIG HUGE THANK YOU to you guys for all the work you have done. this is still one of the greatest, and for me, the greatest sim out there, and the updates provided (especially the last one with moving control surfaces!) make the game even better. so thank you again to the entire team.

i wouldn't be myself however if i didn't point out a minor bug that others have noticed as well - i will point toward the right thread though for it (external engine display during multiplayer - see http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=29126).

thanks again for considering, i appreciate that spare time is precious :)

ZaltysZ
01-23-2012, 08:52 AM
It would be great to have skin and logo download separated in server/client settings. I mean, I want ability to disable skin download, but leave regiment logo download possible. This way traffic would be way smaller than allowing skin download, but it would still be possible to customize your plane.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
01-23-2012, 09:22 AM
The visual animation bug with twin eng planes has been acknowledged. Thanks!

It would be great to have skin and logo download separated in server/client settings. I mean, I want ability to disable skin download, but leave regiment logo download possible. This way traffic would be way smaller than allowing skin download, but it would still be possible to customize your plane.

Thats not a bad idea, I will forward it.

llama_thumper
01-23-2012, 09:55 PM
The visual animation bug with twin eng planes has been acknowledged. Thanks!

fantastic, thank you.