PDA

View Full Version : 4-12 wish list (Merged)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

stugumby
01-21-2012, 04:58 AM
1. P-51 ordnance tweaks and remove the fin fillet from the -5. need the rockets on the later -20 series, perhaps as a loadout option? -5 thru -30?
2. Mosquito now has rockets, should it be able to carry mixed loads, such as rockets and bombs at the same time?
3. Hawk-P40 series upgrades with new wings and a P-40N.
4. B-25 upgrades with a dedicated PBJ with rockets/torpedo/depth charge options, even the multi gun strafers.
5. Hud upgrade with Tas and a bomb bay door key setting.
6. Make some of the torpedo planes flyable, TBF may be off limits but Kate,Jill etc.
7. Tropical Hurricanes and tropical filters for the Bf 109s as needed.
8. Ordnance upgrade for FM-2.
9. Me-210/410 flyable
10. Beaufighter variants or upgrade the ordnance on existing model.
11. Send me a bunch of money so I can go to computer school and help to do some of these things!!

Fergal69
01-21-2012, 06:42 AM
As UP3 isn't compatable with 4.11, I too would like a flyable official release of the me410

Also possibly;
ME110 night fighter
BV141
FW189
HE219
ME262 night fighter

_RAAF_Smouch
01-21-2012, 11:12 AM
+1 on the Beaufighter. Rear gunner should be made available.

Map of the Darwin area.

And also agree on the P40N.

_1SMV_Gitano
01-21-2012, 02:23 PM
[...]tropical filters for the Bf 109s as needed.
[...]

- install 4.11;
- go to QMB and select MTO map;
- select any Bf 109 from E to G-6;
- hit fly;
- enjoy...

;)

[URU]BlackFox
01-21-2012, 04:49 PM
Tested the filters and they work fine. Great improvement, nothing to envy from the modded versions of the game in that department really.

Are flight models modified from normal 109s to suit Tropical variants?

_1SMV_Gitano
01-21-2012, 05:10 PM
BlackFox;382791']Tested the filters and they work fine. Great improvement, nothing to envy from the modded versions of the game in that department really.

Are flight models modified from normal 109s to suit Tropical variants?

No, it's just a visual improvement. AFAIK, there is little info on the effect of the filter all over the flight envelope.

Florinm352
01-21-2012, 05:39 PM
Make the 109s look and sound right, PLEASE!

maxim42
01-21-2012, 06:42 PM
My wishes to 4.12m version:

-Widescreen support
-Better resolution of grass runway and other grass plates (if possible)
-Cosmetic thing: You may try to add propeller sound (which you can hear in external view on the left or right side of plane) to cockpit view (now the sounds, especialy in BF-109 are a little bit weak).
-New standard cockpits in BF-109 (which are propably worst of all planes). Cockpits don't have animations of trim, flaps, and quality is weak.
-of course new flyable planes would be great (new Pe-8 is more than best!!!)

Greetings!

JG26_EZ
01-21-2012, 07:55 PM
I know it's not an extraordinary request, but a "damage profile" for the stationary objects "Light" numbers 1 to 4 would be very nice to see.

An example of why...
If we add lights to a hangar (hanging from the ceiling) and that hangar gets destroyed, the lights remain floating in the air.

IvanK
01-21-2012, 09:10 PM
+1 on the Beaufighter. Rear gunner should be made available.

Map of the Darwin area.

And also agree on the P40N.

Navigator in the rear pit rather than rear gunner :) few RAAF beaufighters were ever equipped with a rear gun... . In the MK21 series I think I have only ever found 2 images of MK21's with a rear gun (both of these new build machines over Melbourne straight off the factory floor).

I agree it would be nice to have the rear pit plus occupant.

76.IAP-Blackbird
01-21-2012, 09:25 PM
@ Team Daidalos

can you pls tell us something about those overbended P-40 wings, they are there since the beginning. Many like those birds and I fly them also very often, but those over bended wings looks ... terrible.

You have access to the core files, so could you pls fix it?! Maybe some new P-40 versions?

jameson
01-22-2012, 02:18 AM
Can the 109g6 have it's missing 50-60 kph added in the next patch? So that 1.3 ata @2600rpm =530kph at sea level? At the moment at those settings properly trimmed gets 460kph. Dive to achieve 530 or more at those settings level out, trim, and plane loses speed to 460kph. Finland pilots said there was little difference between G2 and G6 in flight, G6 just had better weapons...

Asheshouse
01-22-2012, 08:49 AM
More functionality for ships.

Working catapult on Tirpitz to use with Arado floatplane.
Animated catapult trolley?
"Land" by taxing to crane position and engaging chocks?

Facility in FMB to create convoy/fleet groups and plot single waypoints for the group.

Introduction of basic AI for ship v aircraft.
Ships to deviate from plotted course to avoid obstructions, like wrecked ships.
Ship response to air attack, course changing, torpedo avoidance, etc

Ship v Ship AI not so important.

ilmavoimat
01-22-2012, 11:37 AM
Does this ring any bells with the wizards at TD?

http://www.ju88.equitatura.de/ju88c6.htm

If so any way of bringing it into 4.12?

Zorin
01-22-2012, 11:55 AM

Second that.

With the new 88s we got lately it should be easy to at least put out the late version with better defensive armament and the field mod version with the 20mm in the lower cockpit glassing.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
01-22-2012, 12:04 PM
@ Team Daidalos

can you pls tell us something about those overbended P-40 wings, they are there since the beginning. Many like those birds and I fly them also very often, but those over bended wings looks ... terrible.

This is currently in rework. Not sure if it will be in 4.12.
We think, a P-40N would also be a good addition, but thats not decided yet.

Pursuivant
01-22-2012, 01:02 PM
Historically, U.S. bombers had safety circuits which prevented guns in turrets from being fired if they were aimed so that they would hit the aircraft. I'd imagine that other countries had similar devices. It would be nice if IL2 could model this. Currently, in IL2 top turret gunners can shoot the tail off their own airplane!

Hunden
01-22-2012, 07:14 PM
Team Daidalos would it be possible to fix the flashing black box that we see in the 3 screen perfect mode setting, if so thank you.......... if not thank you anyways.

redarrows2006
01-22-2012, 08:19 PM
Can we have the Blackburn skua and the Blackburn rock in 4.12?

Fighterace
01-23-2012, 10:39 AM
This is currently in rework. Not sure if it will be in 4.12.
We think, a P-40N would also be a good addition, but thats not decided yet.

Woohoo...cant wait to see the WIP pics of it :)

SPITACE
01-23-2012, 11:32 AM
i like to see some Tropical Hurricanes with the 40mm cannons the mk IID i think [the can opener] in the sim :-P plus new cockpits for the p47 and bf109s

slm
01-23-2012, 08:29 PM
Currently if an online map has an air base in top part of the map and you want to select that base, you first have to make message window (or whatever it is called) smaller so that it doesn't overlap with the base. Could there be some better solution to this? That maybe you could show/hide this message window with a keypress, like you can do with map?

Would be much faster to do it like this than change window height back and forth with mouse. Or is such better trick in the game already? :)

_RAAF_Smouch
01-23-2012, 09:00 PM
If it has been mentioned feel free to ignore this then.

What about a Sea Hurricane variant?

Luno13
01-24-2012, 03:13 AM
Sea Hurricane would be cool. Working catapults from modified merchants would be cooler :cool:

I don't know about the other players here, but I've always had a funny feeling about our He-111 cockpit. Despite the green-house canopy, visibility isn't great, and it's surprisingly hard to land.

I've compared our cockpit to that Clod and photos, and I think there are some real differences. The pilot's viewpoint seems to be too high (so that the instrument panel obscures a lot), and the control yoke seems to be too large.

What are your ideas? I'm not asking for a complete rebuild, but maybe editing camera position and scaling of objects?

http://relojdeavion.es/IMAGENES/M109/he%20111%20junghans.jpg

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae325/rboiko1/IL-2%20Sturmovik/bandicam2012-01-2321-10-50-130.jpg

http://www.aviationartstore.com/images/model_He-111_Cockpit.jpg

I don't own CLOD, so I took some screen-captures from Youtube:

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae325/rboiko1/IL-2%20Sturmovik/bandicam2012-01-2319-46-45-362.jpg

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae325/rboiko1/IL-2%20Sturmovik/bandicam2012-01-2319-45-48-916.jpg

Compared to Il-2:

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae325/rboiko1/IL-2%20Sturmovik/grab0005.jpg

Again, I'm not worried about "quality". I can live with the old model and textures...However, it certainly seems that forward visibility in this bird is severely hampered.

Just something for your consideration. ;)

JG26_EZ
01-25-2012, 03:30 PM
Good point Luno..

I always get into the nose gunner position to land when flying a He111

Made this from the pics that you posted above.
(give it a second, and it'll start to change)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/JG26_EZ/HeinkelVision.gif

Aardvark892
01-28-2012, 07:38 AM
TD, thanks for all the work you've already put into IL2.

May I request some way of picking nationalities in the FMB that doesn't mean scolling through the whole list? For example, when placing static aircraft, you can choose the color and the specific country. However, when placing non-static aircraft, you can only choose the color, and then have to scroll thru the whole list of squadrons to get to the country you wish. That is quite time consuming and frustrating. If you could add the country picker to active aircraft, that would be quite useful!

The pictures in this post show both the static aircraft nat'l chooser and the active aircraft nat'l chooser.

Thank you!

Aardvark892

RegRag1977
01-28-2012, 04:01 PM
My requests:

New pit textures for P47, Bf109. Bf109 view should be reduced by the presence of the dessicant patch (low right corner of the windshield) and by adding the missing metal cover on top of the panzer galland hood (late BFs).

New gunsight position (higher) for P47 earlies and P51B/C

New cowling for Fw190A: at the moment the antons just don't look right: the frontal part of the cowling is way too wide open, and doesn't not look like a Fw190A at all.

Better aux fuel tank for LW would be nice too...

New wings for P40

removing filet on early P51D

Better detailed and colored gunsights would add immersion without costing too much in performance?

New real fov for larger screen

New hit effect for canon shells: there should be no more 3 sec lasting orange yellow fireball but a flash effect when a shell hits. Also 50 cals should produce thin smoke puffs when they hit a target.

P-38L
01-28-2012, 04:27 PM
Hello Team

Thank you again for your new update 4.11. What a beautiful job.

I have been waiting every day to see the Rearm/Refuel/Repair option. Can it be possible?

Since we have more TrackIR options it is possible to be able to move the head out of the cockpit? Why? for taxiing purposes.

What about to put vehicles moving along a square or circle or randomize area? Like the new feature of AI airplanes. That way you in FMB don't have to draw all the movement that you want with vehicles. This idea is for having a "living city", aswell animals in a farm.

Thank you.

Lagarto
01-28-2012, 07:01 PM
removing filet on early P51D

most early P-51Ds were retrofitted with filets, and very few flew without them

dFrog
01-28-2012, 07:56 PM
most early P-51Ds were retrofitted with filets, and very few flew without them

Yes, they were. But this could be a sort of a "cosmetic change". Just take a B or C fin filet and add it to D-5. For a visual difference. It will take a 1 minute of work...

II/JG54_Emil
01-28-2012, 10:23 PM
Engine sounds from the original engines would be great.

CoolHand1970
01-29-2012, 12:55 AM
Thanks to your team for all their great work.

Have to agree on new sounds.

A flyable P-61 Black Widow would make this the best flight sim ever. ;)

Better effects... Smoke and flames...

Luno13
01-29-2012, 02:08 AM
Since you seems to be new, I'll go ahead and say it (this horse has been beaten to death :) )

Daidalos Team and 1C are contractually obliged to not include any hardware that was designed by Northrup-Grumman or any company it bought over the years.

This means no P-61, no Avengers, no further US battleships, and no further Wildcat and Hellcat variants, etc, etc, etc.

It's unfortunate, but there's nothing that can be done about it at this point except to try mods. It looks like World of Planes which will come out fairly soon will have an Avenger at least, but that game, produced by the guys who made Wings of Prey, is likely to have simpler physics, flight-model and damage-model than Il-2. (Pick your poison ;) )

CoolHand1970
01-29-2012, 04:16 PM
My bad, somewhere in the back of my mind, I knew this. I am not new to the game, just recently reinstalled after a few years. Trying to catch up on the latest and enjoying the sim very much. Don't know why I ever removed it...:) S!

Fall_Pink?
01-29-2012, 05:40 PM
Hmm, what about propellor pitch, rpm and radiator position? Is it possible to have those on screen just like the speedbar? Is that also possible for 4.12?

Or am I missing something and is something like this already present in 4.10/11?

Rgs,
FP

WTE_Galway
01-30-2012, 02:33 AM
Yes, they were. But this could be a sort of a "cosmetic change".

But it wasn't a cosmetic change, the changes had structural benefits but also made the P51D inherently more stable.

If you change the look you have to change the FM.

K_Freddie
01-30-2012, 04:05 PM
I thought of something to irritate those who're having problems with obtaining max speed with 4.11

With regard to CEM, how about adding reduced engine power after running too rich for extended periods - IOW having to land and replace the plugs.

So realistically... you'll overheat with too lean, and underpower with too rich.
:cool:

EAF331 Starfire
01-30-2012, 04:11 PM
Thanks for all the lovely work that you have done. It is amazing.

Feeling a bit humbled I have the following idears in mind:

A server ability to fill each side according to a ratio.
Like 2:1, 4:1, etc.

The TBD-1 as flyable.
A flyable Lancaster (or non-flyable)
A B-17 (E or G) as flyable

The ability to stagger aircrafts in 3 rows on the carriers. There was a picture somewhere in one of the othere threads.

Use of catapult on the CVE.

Giving us the ability to se outside aircraft when we have landed was brilliant.

Making certain random historic 'bugs' on the Ki 84. I have some papers documenting them.
Armour plating was often mission on the aircraft due to lack of material. Topspeed and accelleration was often beneith the offical numbers due to poor workmanship.

I would like overheating in accordance with official Pilot notes

:-)

Lagarto
02-02-2012, 05:47 PM
Is there any chance that you introduce support for a true widescreen aspect without cropping edges?

RegRag1977
02-03-2012, 09:34 AM
Is there any chance that you introduce support for a true widescreen aspect without cropping edges?

+1

T}{OR
02-03-2012, 10:19 AM
All in one patch to be installed over 4.07. I don't know why is this being overlooked with every patch that comes out.

Fighterace
02-05-2012, 11:23 AM
I'd like to see the Me-410
Late model Focke Wulf Dora's (D-11, D-13, D-14/15)
Spitfire XVI

DD_crash
02-05-2012, 01:12 PM
+1 for the wide screen :)

zakkandrachoff
02-05-2012, 03:40 PM
put trees in all maps please. ODESSA suks

better and more complete KICK MISSION BUILDER with more groups of planes, maps, stiuations, etc

Gabelschwanz Teufel
02-05-2012, 07:10 PM

+2. If there was built in widescreen support I wouldn't need any "mods" at all.

Ra'Kaan
02-05-2012, 07:39 PM

Ditto

JG27_PapaFly
02-06-2012, 07:52 AM
Please remove the sonar completely. Many folks still use it, turning the volume really loud on their headsets in order to hear nearby planes. Risking ear damage for a game is not cool. Even without headsets, one can still hear other planes when they are real near.

If it's an engine issue, i'd opt for a drastic measure, like disabling ALL sounds not coming from one's own plane when in cockpit view.

With 6DOF everyone's ability to scan the sky for bandits has improved, let's get rid of the sonar.

shauncm
02-06-2012, 12:21 PM
If it's an engine issue, i'd opt for a drastic measure, like disabling ALL sounds not coming from one's own plane when in cockpit view.

i dissagree. seriously, you want to be gliding with a dead engine and have a p47 come past at full throttle within 10 meters of you...SILENTLY!!!...

these wernt car engines on a highway, they didnt have mufflers, they were loud.

i think the jg27 guys fly fw190s...if you want to aproach silently:

1) dive with your engine idled, pitch to maximum feather.
2) try matching your revs to the doppler equivelent of the enemy planes revs.

TD cannot be responsible for irisponsible behaviour of a few, and shouldnt be asked to create 'stealth planes' to aid in sneaky tactics.

JG27_PapaFly
02-06-2012, 01:37 PM
you want to be gliding with a dead engine and have a p47 come past at full throttle within 10 meters

Sorry shauncm, didn't know you're such a gliding fan. 99% of us actually have their enigne on most of the time.

1) dive with your engine idled, pitch to maximum feather.

Thanks for the headsup, been doing exactly that for 6 years. However, it's not at all realistic.

If the game engine does not allow removal of the sonar, developers could eliminate all sounds not being produced by one's plane (read: sounds from nearby planes), as long as the plane's engine is on. If you're into gliding and your engine is off, outside sounds should be enabled.
How does that sound?

Seriously guys, sitting in a plane with a roaring 1000+ hp engine, with a headset on to exclude some of the noise and understand radio transmissions, pilots shouldn't be able to hear any sounds from nearby planes. I'm asking for a basic feature that should have been part of the game from day one. Quite possible the sonar was a feature introduced to make succesful surprize attacks less probable and thus help sell the game. Yet, most pilots shot down in ww2 never saw the plane that attacked them.

T}{OR
02-06-2012, 01:57 PM
TBH, as much as you hate the sonar it is debatable that one can not hear a plane flying near by. Yes, not 1 km away (sonar). But close near by - see above posts.

shauncm
02-06-2012, 04:27 PM
i dont know if the game engine could handle it, but flying through propwash and tip vortexes would make things interesting...

FrankB
02-06-2012, 05:27 PM
I would appreciate several input device profiles.

My default throttle quadrant would be mapped to standard
1st lever - throttle
2nd lever - prop. pitch
3rd lever - mixture

however for bombers I would like to have profile like
1st lever - throttle for left engine(s)
2nd lever - throttle for right engine(s)
3rd lever - combined prop. pitch for all engines

and maybe for german planes with auto prop. pitch I would use the spare axis for e.g. trim...

T}{OR
02-06-2012, 06:02 PM
I would appreciate several input device profiles.

My default throttle quadrant would be mapped to standard
1st lever - throttle
2nd lever - prop. pitch
3rd lever - mixture

however for bombers I would like to have profile like
1st lever - throttle for left engine(s)
2nd lever - throttle for right engine(s)
3rd lever - combined prop. pitch for all engines

and maybe for german planes with auto prop. pitch I would use the spare axis for e.g. trim...

Enable smart axis feature in conf.ini:

[rts]
UseSmartAxis=1

The mixture HOTAS option is missing though.

There is a prop pitch HOTAS option. Just select all engines again after firing them up and it will work for all.

FrankB
02-06-2012, 06:34 PM
Enable smart axis feature in conf.ini:

[rts]
UseSmartAxis=1

Thanks T}{OR, but my issue is not with assigning these functions to the axes, but to have these assignments saved and be able to switch between them without manually remapping.

In one mission I am fighter, so I want my fighter profile (one throttle). In the next one I would like to try some bombing in IL4, so I would like to switch to the bomber profile (left and right throttles) without manually remapping.
Of course I could have one throttle to control both engines, but that is so uncool...

Pursuivant
02-06-2012, 06:36 PM
TBH, as much as you hate the sonar it is debatable that one can not hear a plane flying near by.

It seems to me that with the engines running and pilot helmet on, you'd have trouble hearing anything BUT your engine, your radio and perhaps nearby explosions. Engine noise from other planes would blend in with the noise of your plane.

So, the simple thing to do is just have one set of sounds you can hear with the engine running and one set you can hear when the engine is off.

Alternately, have an server option that allows the host to control sound levels.

fruitbat
02-06-2012, 06:46 PM
Thanks T}{OR, but my issue is not with assigning these functions to the axes, but to have these assignments saved and be able to switch between them without manually remapping.

In one mission I am fighter, so I want my fighter profile (one throttle). In the next one I would like to try some bombing in IL4, so I would like to switch to the bomber profile (left and right throttles) without manually remapping.
Of course I could have one throttle to control both engines, but that is so uncool...

You can create different pilots which you can select depending on what mission you are flying, and these will have there relevant settings saved to them, just select on the main game screen, so you can a have a fighter pilot profile and a bomber pilot profile,

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/thefruitbat1/grab0031.jpg

Also slightly different, you can also have different responses for you joystick and different axis by doing this,

from the arming screen,

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/thefruitbat1/grab0030.jpg

you can then select 1 out of 4 possible,

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/thefruitbat1/grab0029.jpg

FrankB
02-06-2012, 07:46 PM
You can create different pilots which you can select depending on what mission you are flying, and these will have there relevant settings saved to them, just select on the main game screen, so you can a have a fighter pilot profile and a bomber pilot profile,

Ah, interesting trick, but it will work only offline, no? (Which is not a problem for me since I am mainly offliner, but thinking ahead...)

Also slightly different, you can also have different responses for you joystick and different axis by doing this,
from the arming screen, you can then select 1 out of 4 possible,

This is in fact what inspired my question - the possibility to adjust "just" the curves seemed somehow incomplete when it was marketed as a tool to switch between fighter and bomber profiles.

/me is going to create another user after so many years spent with John Doe.

fruitbat
02-06-2012, 07:55 PM
Ah, interesting trick, but it will work only offline, no? (Which is not a problem for me since I am mainly offliner, but thinking ahead...)

No it will work online as well, you'll just have select the relevant pilot before joining the co-op etc....

Of course if you were in the middle of a dogfight mission you'd have to disconnect and reconnect, but that's no big problem unless your a score whore8-)

Luno13
02-06-2012, 10:24 PM
Hi DT,

I noticed that the Il-2 multiplayer feature saves a list of the IP's of servers that the user has joined. Would it be possible to allow the user to enter a name or comment to help remind him which IP goes to which server?

I use Hyperlobby, but because I'm also using a markings replacement program (to get Hakaristi and swastikas), the game starts up and simply goes to the home screen, and I have to join the game manually from there (but the server IP is loaded in the drop-down list).

It would also be useful if hyperlobby ever went down (as it has before).

EDIT - would it be possible for the game to remember gun convergences for each aircraft, or at least, aircraft type? I typically only use 100-150 for early war fighters, 200 for mid-late war fighters, and 1000m for ground attack aircraft (Il-2 and Ju-87 etc). It can be annoying when I've forgotten to change convergence and end up having my AP cannon rounds crossing each other at 100m instead of busting a tank ;) I guess there are bigger issues, but it would be a nice feature.

nic727
02-09-2012, 12:24 AM
I want perfect water
I read a post from 2009-2010 that Il2 1946 requested OpenGL 2.0 and I have OpenGL 2.1, but an Intel HD graphics (PS: It can't be the cause, because I run the game very smoothly).

1. Can you do another graphic card support in the option for Intel HD graphics (not 2000/3000 just normal card) to have perfect setting?
2. You can use this for directX 9.0 or 9.1 for wave support http://software.intel.com/swfinder/prod ... n-sdk.aspx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... AV6LTBlp5A

----------------------------------------------------------------------
WISHLIST

Graphic
- Perfect setting for DirectX
- water=4 from Carmaster
- smoke shadow for DirectX
- Intel HD graphics support for the game
- Antialiasing option in the game
- More option in the option menu (in-game) instead to go into conf.ini
- Forest with seperated trees like COD (need optimization) or just HD trees for forest
- 3rdeye smoke-fire effect
- Realistic cloud
- New texture 4096x4096 pixels (sorry for russian ---http://dispersalfield.ru/main/index.php?PHPSESSID=l03l89cea1rev2gtuqae3s87m1&topic=705.0)
- New ground texture for all default map --- http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25842&hilit=desert
- Moving trees with the wind
- 3D crater decal
- New smoke from crashed plane
- Better effect (smoke, explosion, etc.)
- Try to have grass (lol)
- self shadowing + cockpit shadow
- New real historical roads and railway

- New maps
- Desert online and Sand of time from Redko --- http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,7458.0.html
- Tunisia from Redko ---- http://ultrapack.il2war.com/index.php?topic=3838.0
- Great Britain with campain
- France
- Hawaii/Pearl Harbor from porto72 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSWKCXnIQKc -- download link for you daidalosTeam : http://www.mediafire.com/file/jgt2onmii1n/map.zip
- Retextured Iwo Jima -- http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=125&t=30300&p=344228&hilit=Iwo+Jima#p344228

- New planes
- Do-17
- TBFM Avenger
- TBD Devastator
- SB2C Helldiver
- B-17
- More fyable torpedos : B5N and/or B6N

- New object
- USS Enterprise
- IJN Battleship Yamato
- Wide screen support and more that 4 controllers
- tail warning radar.(for : P-38,P-47,P-51...)

Gameplay
- changeable places of plane spawning on carriers
- Possible respawn in coop mission (take place of AI planes in the list)
- Possibility to have an option under 'Ground control' to rearm/repair/refuel at base with a little animation or not (Multiplayers only) When you do that, you learn your points too, because you land.
- propwash
- Better ship AI, (avoid sunken ships, minor evasive maneuvers as in COD)
- Ship convoys, or task forces.
- An object that generates panicked people when doing low level passes. -- civilian and/or civilian vehicles
- Level Autopilot for Bf110.
- More AI commands: Two options for the AI Bombers / Bombdropping Planes:
1) "Stay in Formation / On Flightpass", so that when the leader gets damages they do not all follow him down to the deck or off to who knows where.
2) "Bomb drop only", so that planes that are capable of strafing won't strafe but go home, after they dropped their bombs, instead.
And also a new AI option for Flighters in FMB:
3) "Target Priority" do define if they should rather engage the Bombers or the escort.
4) The option to set Formations in FMB (this needs to be bound to the waypoints rather than the squad so that you can make planes change formation in some situations)

Other
- correct markings for USAAF fighters/bombers for ETO and PTO
- swastikas on German planes (I know, but it's historical and there is no film, plane model/replica, or even sim without them)
- New map for mission builder
- Creating airport in mission builder + deleting default map trees ot put the airport Instead to put stationnary ship and have trees in the airporté
- Better AI
- Beaufighter backseat
- stepdown for bombers when flying in formation
- Adding killmark on your planes (campain only or if it's possible multiplayer too)
- Recover the project of having an observer over enemy targets, so that it triggers artillery fire over enemy positions. This single thing, could add more possibilities to the game experience than 10 new planes! More so if it is also applied to ship artillery.
- MegaPatch 4.12m for the people who have 4.07m

HundertneunGustav
02-09-2012, 04:59 AM
what is your graphics chipset?
what have you tried to get perfect water?

instead of requesting THEM to GIVE you something - what have you tried to get it yourself in the first place?

And: please, dont tell us your Machine is, like, 8 years old and its a Laptop...?

nic727
02-09-2012, 01:06 PM
what is your graphics chipset?
what have you tried to get perfect water?

instead of requesting THEM to GIVE you something - what have you tried to get it yourself in the first place?

And: please, dont tell us your Machine is, like, 8 years old and its a Laptop...?

I try everything:

1. I Updated my graphics driver and chipset, change the conf.ini but it did nothing to the game (it did not returning to default conf.ini because I did 'Read Only'.
I tried to install mods, but it didn't work or it change the language of my game.
2. I have installer my game in C: in a created folder called Il2 1946.
3. I have OpenGL 2.1 and it suppose to work but I can't put perfect setting, the cloud have some line in them like paper cloud (It just do that when playing but not in the INTRO MOVIE and RECORDED MOVIE from DaidalosTeam.) and the ground just flash each pixel...

The only idea I ahve is to put DirectX perfect mod with the water I post. It's working for DirectX 9.0 too...
I think it can be easy to put smoke shadow in DirectX too.

-------------

Other idea,
- put 3rdeye smoke mod in another patch to have realistic smoke :o
- put Antialiasing option in the game
- Put new water texture from Carmaster (SAS forum) Water=4 with foam, etc.
- New torpedo trails from AllaircraftSimulation
- put new map like new desert online texture from ROKO, great britain (with campain), africa (with campain), tunisia from ROKO, etc.

PS: I can post the link if you want...

--------------
NEW IDEA FOR PERFECT SETTING (NEED HELP TOO):

1. When I installed Il2 1946 in Windows 7 64 bits, I jsut put all the file in a new folder and extract there. After, I copied Il2fb.exe in my new folder to launch the game. Each time I start the game, the Disc start to run, but I don't know if the only thing I can do to run the game is to install the game in another folder or playing by the disc, but it's impossible.
2. TeamDaidalos can test Intel HD grpahics to optimize the game for this graphic card. NO? It's easy no, just buy an Intel HD graphics or a laptop like me (Inspiron 15r N5010) and developp a little bit a version of the game on this card and after, jsut put the same patch for all (not 1 patch for Intel and 1 patch for other lol).

HOSTIL
02-09-2012, 02:52 PM
I wish more maps to use with Full Mission Builder. For example: France, UK, UK Channel, Spain,...

Cordially,

pupo162
02-09-2012, 03:34 PM
wide screen!

thsi is the only pain in the arse this game still has.

look for SANS FOV changer for inspiration

Alien
02-09-2012, 03:39 PM
English Channel areas are banned because of Cliffs of Dover.

I'd like to have even better AI, correct markings for USAAF fighters/bombers for ETO and PTO, swastikas on German planes (I know, but it's historical and there is no film, plane model/replica, or even sim without them), Do 17 (<3), changeable places of plane spawning on carriers, the same DM for static and ordinary planes and finally some better effects (It's 2012, not 2001 anymore!).
Pleeeeaaaase.

FenbeiduO
02-09-2012, 03:52 PM
SB2C! usnavy late time divebomber

USS Enterprise

IJN Yamamoto

tail warning radar.(for : P-38,P-47,P-51...)

Shardur
02-09-2012, 05:40 PM
IJN Yamamoto

Yamamoto was the famous Japanese Admiral, I think you might mean the IJN Battleship Yamato?

DD_crash
02-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Wide screen support and more that 4 controllers :)

nic727
02-09-2012, 06:57 PM
I will try to make this thread up to date all day in my fisrt post.

swiss
02-10-2012, 12:27 AM
Are you raaaids long lost brother?

Pips
02-10-2012, 12:46 AM
Personally I would like to see more flyable torpedo planes; they are such great fun to use. A B5N and/or a B6N would be top of my list, followed by the TBF Avenger and/or the TBD Devastator. Other than the Devastator all were surprisingly versatile, and would add greatly to Pacific campaigns.

Oh and thanks for adding rockets to the armory of the Mosquito. Much more versatile (and realistic) now. :) But you left off the same for the P-51! :shock: Well, perhaps in 4.12.

_RAAF_Firestorm
02-10-2012, 02:11 AM
Beaufighter backseat anyone?

IvanK
02-10-2012, 03:00 AM
I am still pushing for it Firestorm

P-38L
02-10-2012, 03:49 AM
Hello Team

I think one of the updates that could be implemented is the possibility to have Rearm/Refuel/Rearm option. In fact, this will add more realism to the simulator. :rolleyes:

What abou to develop the Curtiss SB2C Helldiver? ;)

Thank you.

FenbeiduO
02-10-2012, 07:12 AM
Yamamoto was the famous Japanese Admiral, I think you might mean the IJN Battleship Yamato?

I'm sorry.I was so agitated:rolleyes:

HundertneunGustav
02-10-2012, 07:47 AM
I try everything:

1. I Updated my graphics driver and chipset, change the conf.ini but it did nothing to the game (it did not returning to default conf.ini because I did 'Read Only'.
I tried to install mods, but it didn't work or it change the language of my game.
2. I have installer my game in C: in a created folder called Il2 1946.
3. I have OpenGL 2.1 and it suppose to work but I can't put perfect setting, the cloud have some line in them like paper cloud (It just do that when playing but not in the INTRO MOVIE and RECORDED MOVIE from DaidalosTeam.) and the ground just flash each pixel...

The only idea I ahve is to put DirectX perfect mod with the water I post. It's working for DirectX 9.0 too...

-------------

Other idea,
- put 3rdeye smoke mod in another patch to have realistic smoke :o
- put Antialiasing option in the game
- Put new water texture from Carmaster (SAS forum) Water=4 with foam, etc.
- New torpedo trails from AllaircraftSimulation
- put new map like new desert online texture from ROKO, great britain (with campain), africa (with campain), tunisia from ROKO, etc.

PS: I can post the link if you want...

--------------
NEW IDEA FOR PERFECT SETTING (NEED HELP TOO):

1. When I installed Il2 1946 in Windows 7 64 bits, I jsut put all the file in a new folder and extract there. After, I copied Il2fb.exe in my new folder to launch the game. Each time I start the game, the Disc start to run, but I don't know if the only thing I can do to run the game is to install the game in another folder or playing by the disc, but it's impossible.
2. TeamDaidalos can test Intel HD grpahics to optimize the game for this graphic card. NO? It's easy no, just buy an Intel HD graphics or a laptop like me (Inspiron 15r N5010) and developp a little bit a version of the game on this card and after, jsut put the same patch for all (not 1 patch for Intel and 1 patch for other lol).

Dell Inspiron 15R-N5010
Ausstattung / Datenblatt
Dell Inspiron 15R-N5010Notebook: Dell Inspiron 15R-N5010 (Inspiron 15 Serie)
Prozessor: Intel Core 2 Duo SU7300
Grafikkarte: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330
Bildschirm: 15.6 Zoll, 16:9, 1366x768 Pixel, spiegelnd: ja
Gewicht: 2.6kg
Preis: 600 Euro

no, your machine can not run perfect water. Try with Water=3 as a last shot. some people have gotten that to run on NEW ATI cards.
and not with the "newest" drivers. the "newest" drivers have caused trouble.
http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,16872.0.html
yours defnitely is not NEW, its a "light" version of a mid-range card thats about 2.5 years old.

Get a new Nvidia Card.
Or keep wishing for the next 5 years.
those are your choices, and those only.

_1SMV_Gitano
02-10-2012, 09:29 AM
I want perfect water

Have you tried to enable Perfect water within the conf.ini file? If not, please search for the HardwareShaders=0 string under the [Render_OpenGL] section and put HardwareShaders=1. I do not remember if it works also for the DirectX.

T}{OR
02-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Here are mine:

all-in-one 4.12 patch for 4.07
self shadowing (not necessary in cockpit)
propwash
stepdown for bombers when flying in formation

FC99
02-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Here are mine:

all-in-one 4.12 patch for 4.07
self shadowing (not necessary in cockpit)
propwash
stepdown for bombers when flying in formation

-Mega patch would be huge, I don't think we will make it.
-Not likely, this game is too old , it's better to improve it in other areas IMO.
-Not simple to make it realistic and easy on PC.
-Prepare the material with bombers formations and attack patterns. Ground attacking will get some attention in 4.12

T}{OR
02-10-2012, 01:19 PM
-Not likely, this game is too old , it's better to improve it in other areas IMO.
-Not simple to make it realistic and easy on PC.

That was a very long shot on my account. I just had to get it out. :)

-Mega patch would be huge, I don't think we will make it.
-Prepare the material with bombers formations and attack patterns. Ground attacking will get some attention in 4.12

-There are files overwritten with every patch right? And vast majority of people uses torrents nowadays. Even if you don't do it, M4T has one huge download, i.e. is doing the job for you IMHO.
-A huge chunk of is is already written down in my manual in the signature. What is missing are complex USAAF formations, from basic 12 ship combat boxes to simple 18/21 ship formations with out step downs (staggering inside elements) to Javelin Down and full 18 ship combat box formation, like this: VIDEO GALLERY / Historic Footage (http://www.b17.org/multimedia/b17flash.html)

Even if a map maker builds this kind of formation, there is no group cohesion or AI. In best scenario it will work until the formation reaches a turning point / waypoint. If TD would really like to pursue this matter, I am willing to help / share my materials.

uradme
02-10-2012, 02:34 PM
I would like to have an option of adding kill marks on your plane

HundertneunGustav
02-10-2012, 02:38 PM
MSpaint... Photoshop... anything.

Pursuivant
02-10-2012, 03:29 PM
MSpaint... Photoshop... anything.

There was a program put out a few years ago which allowed you to edit your skins to add various kill markings. It might still be available on Mission4Today.

But, yeah, if you've got the right clip art, any graphics editor which can handle .bmp files will work.

I'd put in a plea for a tweak to the GUI which changes the kill markings on the "scoreboard" you see at the end of your mission based on the nationality of the plane you shot down and the air force you're flying for.

SPITACE
02-10-2012, 04:02 PM
it will be great to see the Beaufighter backseat in the sim with the rear gun.:-P

RPS69
02-10-2012, 06:17 PM
1) Better ship AI, (avoid sunken ships, minor evasive maneuvers as in COD)

2) Ship convoys, or task forces.

3) Selectable Explosive cargo for when destroying those ships they blow up, instead of just sinking slowly.

4) An object that generates panicked people when doing low level passes. (there was an AAA mod, that have this implemented, but for some reason it was abandoned) like when strafing vehicles columns.

5) Recover the project of having an observer over enemy targets, so that it triggers artillery fire over enemy positions. This single thing, could add more possibilities to the game experience than 10 new planes! More so if it is also applied to ship artillery.

Lagarto
02-10-2012, 06:19 PM
IMHO roads are the ugliest feature of the game’s landscape, made of straight, oddly zigzagging sections. Is there any chance to make them look like real-life roads?

swiss
02-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Level Autopilot for Bf110.

nic727
02-11-2012, 01:54 AM
Bug in 4.11m with hotfix (just for me?)

- When moving the mouse, it's zoom-in or out automaticly, but I don't want that... When I am the gunner, it's annoying
- Bombs are very strange. When I drop bombs, I know that It need to be arm but how? It's have to hit the ground with the front of the bomb? I tried, but I have to be at about 400 m or higher

K_Freddie
02-11-2012, 07:31 AM
- Add a rule in multiplayers that you can just takeoff on the runway (more realistic gameplay)
Not realisitic.. as during scramble season some did use the taxiway (or any long enough stretch) to take off.
I think the ability for the game to determine who rammed who, accompanied by a 5 minute death-kick rule would help here - If you crash on taxiway during take off you're outa there.

Shardur
02-11-2012, 08:28 AM
Two options for the AI Bombers / Bombdropping Planes:
1) "Stay in Formation / On Flightpass", so that when the leader gets damages they do not all follow him down to the deck or off to who knows where.

2) "Bomb drop only", so that planes that are capable of strafing won't strafe but go home, after they dropped their bombs, instead.

And also a new AI option for Flighters in FMB:
3) "Target Priority" do define if they should rather engage the Bombers or the escort.

and finally:
4) The option to set Formations in FMB (this needs to be bound to the waypoints rather than the squad so that you can make planes change formation in some situations)

T}{OR
02-11-2012, 09:20 AM
- Bombs are very strange. When I drop bombs, I know that It need to be arm but how? It's have to hit the ground with the front of the bomb? I tried, but I have to be at about 400 m or higher

Care to explain a bit more?

Korn
02-11-2012, 11:38 AM
-There are files overwritten with every patch right? And vast majority of people uses torrents nowadays. Even if you don't do it, M4T has one huge download, i.e. is doing the job for you IMHO.

The only file of significant size being overwritten from patch to patch is files.sfs (which is around 30MB). So the combined size of patches (from '46 dvd you need 4.09m + 4.10m + 4.11m) would be around 2GB. It's not that is hard to put them together (i can probably do it in 1 minute + archiving time) but there's just not much reason reason to. Especially with the mega patch already available on mission4today.com.

swiss
02-11-2012, 01:40 PM
ZFR3 for Hs129B-3

nic727
02-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Care to explain a bit more?
When I take a spitfire (exemple), I take 2 bombs 250lbs, before the patch, I was able to drop my bombs just when I respawn, but it's ok that they remove the explosion for that, but when I am in the air and I want to drop my bombs, I have to be at 400m in diving for the bombs explode. I can't do tactic bombing like skipbombing, etc.

Luno13
02-11-2012, 05:20 PM
What fuse setting have you selected?

IceFire
02-11-2012, 05:25 PM
When I take a spitfire (exemple), I take 2 bombs 250lbs, before the patch, I was able to drop my bombs just when I respawn, but it's ok that they remove the explosion for that, but when I am in the air and I want to drop my bombs, I have to be at 400m in diving for the bombs explode. I can't do tactic bombing like skipbombing, etc.

Luno is right... if you have realistic bomb fuses on in 4.11 the settings are much different. You have different types of bomb fuses and some are better than others for things like skip bombing and low level attacks. Others are better and more damaging when dropped from higher altitude with an instant contact explosion.

If you are skip bombing fly the run at 100 meters (generally) and at high speed with the low level fuse and a minimal delay (4.0 seconds is usually the lowest). The bombs need a moment to arm which is why you fly at 100 meters rather than 5 meters... but the low level setting will arm them fairly quickly and then the delay timer allows you to escape while the bombs impact the side of the ship and sink just beneath the waterline before exploding.

nic727
02-11-2012, 06:07 PM
Luno is right... if you have realistic bomb fuses on in 4.11 the settings are much different. You have different types of bomb fuses and some are better than others for things like skip bombing and low level attacks. Others are better and more damaging when dropped from higher altitude with an instant contact explosion.

If you are skip bombing fly the run at 100 meters (generally) and at high speed with the low level fuse and a minimal delay (4.0 seconds is usually the lowest). The bombs need a moment to arm which is why you fly at 100 meters rather than 5 meters... but the low level setting will arm them fairly quickly and then the delay timer allows you to escape while the bombs impact the side of the ship and sink just beneath the waterline before exploding.

I think that me, I can't change the bomb fuze, just the time that it will explode, but I have to arm the bombs with another control, or not?

anikollag
02-11-2012, 06:17 PM
My wish: Whatever you do DT, keep updating il2. Everything you do for this game sound perfect for me! I just can't belive this game have such a long life! Thanks in advance!

Juri_JS
02-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Some time ago I had heard rumors that DT might update the map textures. Is it true?
The ugly textures of most stock maps are the main reason I am using mods. Better map textures would be an enormous improvement.

Lagarto
02-11-2012, 10:51 PM
Some time ago I had heard rumors that DT might update the map textures. Is it true?
The ugly textures of most stock maps are the main reason I am using mods. Better map textures would be an enormous improvement.

+1

Also, some seasonal variety would be great, for example the Gulf of Finland map with the so-called patchy winter (early spring, see the attached picture).

Bearcat
02-12-2012, 01:18 AM
Hey TD how about removing the frame from the minimap? I mean... do we really need it?

Phabius
02-12-2012, 03:26 AM
I would like to see a semi transparent mini map, so it could stay opened when needed without blocking the view. It could even be a little bit smaller.

Fighterace
02-12-2012, 06:10 AM
A Gloster Meteor?

JaboMan
02-12-2012, 11:29 AM
Please add the Panzerblitz rockets for FW 190F.

swiss
02-12-2012, 11:31 AM
Sorry shauncm, didn't know you're such a gliding fan. 99% of us actually have their enigne on most of the time.

Thanks for the headsup, been doing exactly that for 6 years. However, it's not at all realistic.

If the game engine does not allow removal of the sonar, developers could eliminate all sounds not being produced by one's plane (read: sounds from nearby planes), as long as the plane's engine is on. If you're into gliding and your engine is off, outside sounds should be enabled.
How does that sound?

Seriously guys, sitting in a plane with a roaring 1000+ hp engine, with a headset on to exclude some of the noise and understand radio transmissions, pilots shouldn't be able to hear any sounds from nearby planes. I'm asking for a basic feature that should have been part of the game from day one. Quite possible the sonar was a feature introduced to make succesful surprize attacks less probable and thus help sell the game. Yet, most pilots shot down in ww2 never saw the plane that attacked them.

Afaik, this bug is related to low quality sound settings. And as far as i am concerned - I don't care.
Do you really feel you get less kills because of this bug? C'mon...

Arrow
02-12-2012, 06:13 PM
Afaik, this bug is related to low quality sound settings. And as far as i am concerned - I don't care.

I think that Papa has a valid point. The sonar is highly unrealistic. I run sound at full quality settings (SB audigy) and I can hear tailgunners from like 500 meters from me. In a real plane you can't here anything unless it is few meters from you. I would implement it as an option - something like realistic sounds on (no sonar, no external sounds)/off (the current state).

SPAD-1949
02-12-2012, 09:02 PM
Since you seems to be new, I'll go ahead and say it (this horse has been beaten to death :) )

Daidalos Team and 1C are contractually obliged to not include any hardware that was designed by Northrup-Grumman or any company it bought over the years.

This means no P-61, no Avengers, no further US battleships, and no further Wildcat and Hellcat variants, etc, etc, etc.

Impossible or just a matter of what price?

csThor
02-13-2012, 05:23 AM
The former ... because of the latter. :-|

Daniël
02-13-2012, 06:50 AM
Hello, in this tread http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=29683 is a conversation about tank damage, which is very simple right now.
I think it would be a good idea to split the damage in two parts, without making the damage model too complex: Damage to the armour and damage to the tracks.
When the armour is destroyed, the whole tank is destroyed, but in some cases it is hard to do. When the tracks are destroyed the tank is useless and I think tracks were much easier to destroy than armour.

What do you think?

Fighterace
02-13-2012, 09:53 AM

Is like millions of dollars that NG wants for licensing?

SPAD-1949
02-13-2012, 04:19 PM

I thought so...
Any hint about the ammount?

Ra'Kaan
02-13-2012, 04:28 PM
Hey TD how about removing the frame from the minimap? I mean... do we really need it?

I am in favor for keeping the frame on the minimap - to me the frame adds to realism.

- A better option would be a frame on/off toggle.

I'm a guy who prefers the IL-2 map to be a simulated piece of paper.

Another wish for the minimap for me is to able to drag it off the primary monitor to one of my side monitors on a triple-head setup kinda like jamming it into the cockpit somewhere. =P

slm
02-13-2012, 04:36 PM
Another wish for the minimap for me is to able to drag it off the primary monitor to one of my side monitors on a triple-head setup kinda like jamming it into the cockpit somewhere. =P

yes!

Kittle
02-13-2012, 05:28 PM
There are enough of us here, perhaps a fund raiser is in order?

Fighterace
02-13-2012, 06:16 PM

+1

SPAD-1949
02-13-2012, 06:47 PM
Well the wish list is nearly endless and I am unpolite enough to express it ;-)
What comes in mind:
Late Hawker Biplanes...
Bf108 (or is this part of CloD?)
Early 109s (C&D models)
The original He111 with regular cockpit on top
Flyable Vought Kingfisher from catapult.
Martin Marauder
Martin Mars (just eye candy)
Lanc
Halifax
Stirling and the little ugly ducklings like Hampden and so (targets)
He 177 (Eye Candy)
Bloch 131 & 174 (Eye Candy/Victim)
Bloch 150er
Dewoitine 520
Breuget 690
Lockheed L-18
Lockheed A28 Hudson
Curtiss C46 Commando
Curtiss Helldiver
Objects with names and content groups for easier Mission Building.
Artillery: Stock Fla-Platoons/ with rangefinder and all the stuff you need to operate a Battery including tow trucks, generators, dug-in barracks (saw this on pictures and here in Vienna remained some of those stock fla Barracks as "small garden" homes in the suburbs, where the batteries were located)
Pov Range increased 10%-105% with smooth zoom.
Command transfer, when leader was killed.
Possibility of commands of subalterns like: "break away" in case of danger for AI teammates.
A larger map of Mountainous area (at least 4 times as large as the Online 4 Map) with a canyon worth its name!
Correct me please, if I forgot something ;-)

SPAD-1949
02-13-2012, 09:33 PM
I dont mean to stress your patience ... I forgot the thing that inflicts the immersion the most:
The smoke columns of damange, may it be ships or crashed aircraft or whatever:
Let them be bend and dispersed with the wind.

SPAD-1949
02-13-2012, 09:35 PM

yup!

Luno13
02-13-2012, 09:40 PM
I would contribute...Say, did DT work out that donation thing yet?

Luno13
02-13-2012, 09:49 PM
I think that me, I can't change the bomb fuze, just the time that it will explode, but I have to arm the bombs with another control, or not?

If you have realistic bomb fuses difficulty option enabled you can select three types for fuses for most bombs:

Instant: Bomb explodes on impact, or almost immediately after. The time you are selecting (0.0, 0.3... etc) is the "delay" after impact. These bombs require a long arming time, and thus altitude.

Delay: Bomb has a moderate arming time, and moderate delay after impact (~4.0 seconds or so). depending on the situation, these are best for mast-height skip bombing (mast-height is 100 m).

Low level or long delay: Bomb has a very short arming time. That means you can drop it from 20 meters (or less in some cases). However, the delay is very long (7.0+ seconds) to allow the aircraft time to escape from the blast.

German bombs have an electric fuse system which allows the pilot to change the parameters in flight. You must assign a key to use this (mine is Ctrl+B).

In any case, you can view the drop parameters for any weapon by pressing the TAB key while in flight. This gives the arming time and drop height (and for torpedoes, drop speed). This assumes you are flying straight and level, and not diving, which would obviously shorten the available arming time for the bomb. Even if you have the same fuse selected (low-level, for instance) the arming time will not be the same for different bombs (ie HE 250kg or HE 500kg).

Hope this helps.

SPAD-1949
02-13-2012, 10:02 PM
I am in favor for keeping the frame on the minimap - to me the frame adds to realism.

+1

I also have a two screen environment. I like to vote for the possibility to move the map as well as the toolboxes of the FMB to the second screen and eventually expand them to full size.

IceFire
02-13-2012, 10:15 PM

I think a viable third option would be to size down the border on the map to something more reasonable. It is unnecessarily thick IMHO.

Ra'Kaan
02-13-2012, 10:50 PM
I think a viable third option would be to size down the border on the map to something more reasonable. It is unnecessarily thick IMHO.

I tried a few google searches to find some reference pictures on the styles of map cases used but the best I could find so far was on e-bay.

Soviet Pilot map case (http://www.ebay.com/itm/RED-ARMY-WWII-Soviet-army-leather-pilot-map-case-/270905120761?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f133417f9)

I'm guessing there were many styles used. If anyone has some good references I'd be kinda curious to see.

lol talk about IL-2 minutiae =)

But hey, were just "talking" right ?!

What really strikes me about this topic is that silly map case was one of the things that really struck me as cool when I first started playing IL-2 for some strange odd reason. LOL

Like it was a WOW!! factor for hyper-detail realism that I still think is very cool.

But I'm all for player options as well!

And by the way, minimap mouse wheel scrolling in 4.11 is totally FTW !!

http://www.rkka.ru/uniform/images/vvs_26_bw.jpg

IceFire
02-13-2012, 11:31 PM
Great photo! I love it!

Yes I agree that the map itself was a nice touch and I think at the time it was not too bad but it just looks fuzzy and stretched out on a big monitor. Something with less of a border (but still looking a bit like the one in that photo) might work. I wish I had the Photoshop skills to put something like that together.

illegalBeagle
02-14-2012, 03:39 AM
How many wishes do we get? :grin:

after 10 years practice, I still have not mastered hitting the radiator key the correct amount of times to open or close, and have to go through the cycle several times to get where I want. I'm not sure I'll be any better at it with another 10 yrs practice. Would it be possible to have a radiator close button? That would be mint.

+1 on new maps textures if possible. It seems to me that would have the greatest impact on the overall look of the sim. Hope something could be worked out with some of the very impressive mod textures out there now.

for my last wish, I want 100 more wishes :-P

Aviar
02-14-2012, 04:27 AM
Not everyone uses mods so I figured I would post some screenshots. It looks like what the modders did was remove the frame and slightly increase the overall size of the map.

Personally, the difference doesn't seem to be that much and the stock map has never bothered me one bit.

However, if time and effort WERE put into changing the map, I think something real useful should be done. Something like making the size of the map customizable by the user...similar to the new feature we have now for the File Save/Load dialog box in the FMB.

So then we would have a map sized to each player's needs and also be able to move and place the map anywhere on the screen (a feature we already have now).

*Another cool idea would be to have a custom key command that would bring up an enlarged view of the map, possibly covering the entire screen. This would simulate the pilot taking his map and bringing it up to his face to look at it. This map would have a default view that was zoomed out so you could instantly get a 'big picture' of the area, similar to what a real pilot would see on his own map.

Aviar

csThor
02-14-2012, 05:18 AM
Just drop the thought. We are not going to touch anything remotely NG-related with a ten-meter-pike.

SaQSoN
02-14-2012, 05:32 AM
Is like millions of dollars that NG wants for licensing?

According to an unverified source ;) 1C paid something like quarter million for all NG products, included into the PF release.

I wonder, if that fund riser would be as successful, as this:

http://www.destructoid.com/double-fine-gets-game-fully-funded-in-a-matter-of-hours-221395.phtml

:grin:

Seriously, though, DT is not in the position to negotiate anything with NG. That should be done by 1C and Ubi, but I doubt, they would want to move a finger for good old IL-2...

AndyJWest
02-14-2012, 06:07 AM
Let's get this straight. Northrop Grumman have made it clear that 1C will have to pay a ridiculous sum of money for the privilege of illustrating the role of Grumman in WWII, and people here are suggesting that we should pay them? Yeah. Like there is nothing better we could do with the money...

Actually, with the sort of money they are demanding, we could probably fund an advertising campaign to point out how they are exploiting a past history funded via taxation to rake in profit, and how they'd rather hang on to their 'intellectual rights' than allow anyone to learn about the realities of WWII, even if only indirectly. In any case, there are plenty of things that IL-2 needs that don't involve paying off sharks - if their shareholders think that writing NG out of history is a sensible policy, let them...

KG26_Alpha
02-14-2012, 06:58 AM
I've merged the 4.12 wish list threads it makes no sense fragmenting the requests :)

So have a careful look for your previous posts before thinking they've been deleted.

Thanks.

Jure_502
02-14-2012, 07:04 AM
Let's get this straight. Northrop Grumman have made it clear that 1C will have to pay a ridiculous sum of money for the privilege of illustrating the role of Grumman in WWII, and people here are suggesting that we should pay them? Yeah. Like there is nothing better we could do with the money...

Actually, with the sort of money they are demanding, we could probably fund an advertising campaign to point out how they are exploiting a past history funded via taxation to rake in profit, and how they'd rather hang on to their 'intellectual rights' than allow anyone to learn about the realities of WWII, even if only indirectly. In any case, there are plenty of things that IL-2 needs that don't involve paying off sharks - if their shareholders think that writing NG out of history is a sensible policy, let them...

+1

JG27_PapaFly
02-14-2012, 08:22 AM

Frankly, yes.
I'm not always in a position that allows me to attack with an idling engine. And a LOT of players use the sonar. I know because those guys never execute kick turns to check their 6, yet you can never surprize them from a deep 6 position approaching on full/combat power. However, if you approach with an idling engine you bag them easily. You don't even need to hide into their deep 6, you can approach their 6 at co-alt, even if they fly planes that have perfect view to the back (LA7, Yak3).

It is frustrating to sneak in on a guy's deep 6 and have him execute a perfect breakturn because he heard you.

It's a ridiculous bug that should be removed.
Players who want a radar can play on servers with open-pit + externals.

S!

Lagarto
02-14-2012, 08:23 AM
I'd rather contribute money to pay 1C for their consent to include the Channel stuff into the IL-2.

nic727
02-14-2012, 02:47 PM
where is my topic of 4.12 wishlist... I had a lot of wish that I updated each day or each 4 days. It disapeared???

Whatever,

I said:
- DirectX perfect setting with the use of software that you integrate in the game to have 3D water or Intel HD graphic compatibility with OpenGL 2.1
- More options in the option list in the game
- New smoke effect from 3rdeye or make your own but it's need to be realistic
- Antialiasing option in game
- Great-Britain battle take this map if you can : http://352ndfg.com/vb/content.php?213vor http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19663
- Retextured default map : http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25842&p=361458&hilit=default#p361458
- Retextured forest to look more realistic than invisible tree when you are near ground.
- New textures ; http://dispersalfield.ru/main/index.php/topic,705.0.html
- New Intermittent Smoke Tracer http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,2491.0.html
- New cloud texture
- New desert texture (Online desert) : http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=29139&hilit=Avala
- Tunisia map : http://ultrapack.il2war.com/index.php?topic=3838.0 check other patch for new link too. http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=5250.144
- New iwo Jima texture : http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=27123&p=310999&hilit=iwo+jima#p310999
- New Hawaii map with new runway texture : http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=32495&p=357477&hilit=hawaii#p357477 -- http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=21776
- Tarmac texture : http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=9433&p=113376&hilit=tarmac#p113376
- New flaks ; http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5056&sid=518d4afa32ded2740f94d7c622221e2a

- http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=600.0

KG26_Alpha
02-14-2012, 03:12 PM
where is my topic of 4.12 wishlist... I had a lot of wish that I updated each day or each 4 days. It disapeared???

Whatever,

I said:
- DirectX perfect setting with the use of software that you integrate in the game to have 3D water or Intel HD graphic compatibility with OpenGL 2.1
- More options in the option list in the game
- New smoke effect from 3rdeye or make your own but it's need to be realistic
- Antialiasing option in game
- Great-Britain battle take this map if you can : http://352ndfg.com/vb/content.php?213vor http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19663
- Retextured default map : http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25842&p=361458&hilit=default#p361458
- Retextured forest to look more realistic than invisible tree when you are near ground.
- New textures ; http://dispersalfield.ru/main/index.php/topic,705.0.html
- New Intermittent Smoke Tracer http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,2491.0.html
- New cloud texture
- New desert texture (Online desert) : http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=29139&hilit=Avala
- Tunisia map : http://ultrapack.il2war.com/index.php?topic=3838.0 check other patch for new link too. http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=5250.144
- New iwo Jima texture : http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=27123&p=310999&hilit=iwo+jima#p310999
- New Hawaii map with new runway texture : http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=32495&p=357477&hilit=hawaii#p357477 -- http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=21776
- Tarmac texture : http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=9433&p=113376&hilit=tarmac#p113376
- New flaks ; http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5056&sid=518d4afa32ded2740f94d7c622221e2a

- http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=600.0

The title of the thread has changed to merged meaning the wish lists have been combined, I have posted in this thread here > http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=390544&postcount=130

I've merged the 4.12 wish list threads it makes no sense fragmenting the requests :)

So have a careful look for your previous posts before thinking they've been deleted.

Thanks.

mmaruda
02-15-2012, 06:37 PM
I think this is the point where some mods could be allowed to the official release. The sounds and effects should be a priority here - UP3 has some nice sounds and HSFX uses the awesome flyby mod, which is the best sounds I've ever heard in a sim. As for effects, the Plutonium package is pretty much the best and most realistic thing out there, with intermittent fire, wind affecting smokes and many more. Plus they're not very system taxing if at all. Anyway the spiralling 2d strings of smoke need to go.

One thing I would like to see is a look at the La-5s and 7s as well as the later Yaks - these planes are just too good. I know the official charts depict them as awesome, but in reality they had many problems due to poor production quality, often failures and bad conditions for the pilot (50 degrees C in the cockpit cooked pilots). The old IL-2 had it right as a 190 could easily own a La-7 at high altitude, now it's the other way around.

FenbeiduO
02-16-2012, 02:50 AM
One thing:We can see in game,when a p-47,fw-190,il-2(some armored plane) get hit----->like fireworks ----bullets were bounced out slowly.Could it be changed in update?

WTE_Galway
02-16-2012, 03:28 AM

+1

Just in case people have forgotten what sort of sleazy disgusting corporate lowlives they are proposing sending money to ...

http://www.wttlonline.com/ht/a/GetDo...ction/id/27283

Northrop Grumman Corporation, the giant defense contractor, has reach a consent decree with State’s Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) under which it will pay $10 million in fines and $5 million for remedial actions to resolve charges that it committed 110 violations of defense trade controls, including the export to Russia of source code for components in Air Force One, the president’s plane.

http://www.crocodyl.org/wiki/northrop_grumman

The first major scandals in Northrop Grumman’s history came in the early 1970s, when the company, then known as Northrop Corp., was embroiled in controversies over illegal campaign contributions to Richard Nixon’s reelection campaign by company chairman Thomas Jones as well as some $30 million in bribes paid to foreign governments to win orders for fighter jets. A few years later, there were revelations that the company regularly entertained Pentagon officials and members of Congress at a hunting lodge on the eastern shore of Maryland. During the 1980s, Northrop was the subject of numerous investigations relating to alleged mismanagement during its work on the MX Missile and the B-2 Stealth bomber.

In 1989, Northrop was indicted on criminal charges of falsifying test results on cruise missiles for the Air Force and Harrier jets for the Marine Corps. Just as the trial in the case was about to begin in 1990, the company agreed to plead guilty to 34 fraud charges and pay a fine of $17 million. Under the plea agreement, federal prosecutors agreed to end the investigations relating to the MX and the B-2. However, the company agreed in 1992 to pay $4.2 million to settle a whistleblower lawsuit—brought without the involvement of the Justice Department—alleging that the company padded its invoices on MX missile guidance system work.

Grumman Corp., acquired by Northrop in 1994, brought with it a history of controversies on issues such as cost overruns in the production of F-14 Tomcat fighters for the Navy, production of defective municipal buses by its Flxible division (sold in 1983) and a bribery scandal involving Iran and Japan.

In 2000 Northrop Grumman paid $1.4 million to settle a whistleblower case alleging that the company overcharged the Air Force for B-2 bomber instruction and repair manuals. In a case inherited through the acquisition of TRW, Northrop Grumman agreed in 2003 to pay $111 million to settle claims that TRW overcharged the Pentagon for work on several space electronics programs in the early 1990s. Also in 2003, Northrop Grumman agreed to pay a total of $80 million to settle two False Claims Act cases, one involving work by Newport News Shipbuilding before Northrop acquired it in 2001 and the other involving the delivery of allegedly defective aerial target drones.

In 2004, Northrop settled for $1.8 million the remaining individual whistleblower case from the late 1980s involving cruise missiles. The following year it paid $62 million to settle the remaining claims relating to overcharging on the B-2 bomber program.

The false claims allegations continue. In March 2008 a whistleblower brought a lawsuit charging that Northrop Grumman’s Melbourne division with hundreds of millions of dollars of overcharges relating to the Joint STARS radar aircraft program.

Soon after the U.S. invasion of Iraq, the company’s Vinnell Corp. subsidiary (acquired as part of the purchase of TRW in 2002) was awarded a $48 million contract “to train the nucleus of a new Iraqi army.” It botched the job so badly that the Jordanian Army had to be brought in to take over.

In 2007 it was reported that guest workers from India employed by Signal International, a Northrop Grumman subcontractor in Pascagoula, were being held against their will.

IceFire
02-16-2012, 03:52 AM
I think this is the point where some mods could be allowed to the official release. The sounds and effects should be a priority here - UP3 has some nice sounds and HSFX uses the awesome flyby mod, which is the best sounds I've ever heard in a sim. As for effects, the Plutonium package is pretty much the best and most realistic thing out there, with intermittent fire, wind affecting smokes and many more. Plus they're not very system taxing if at all. Anyway the spiralling 2d strings of smoke need to go.

One thing I would like to see is a look at the La-5s and 7s as well as the later Yaks - these planes are just too good. I know the official charts depict them as awesome, but in reality they had many problems due to poor production quality, often failures and bad conditions for the pilot (50 degrees C in the cockpit cooked pilots). The old IL-2 had it right as a 190 could easily own a La-7 at high altitude, now it's the other way around.
What changes do you propose and to which aircraft and based on what test information? The La-5 has three versions represented in-game (+1 if you consider the La-7 as part of the La-5 lineage which it is mostly) and the Yak has 17 (+1 if we include the jet based Yak-15).

csThor
02-16-2012, 05:14 AM

DT will absolutely not take any sound samples from "somewhere" and plug them in simply for the fact that there may be a potential for a copyright infringement lurking in the background. What an individual does on his PC is his own problem, but DT has contractual obligations to 1C and has to do things by the book. Just to make that absolutely clear.

And as for the effects - I'm not the one to judge them from a technical POV but I don't think they follow official guidelines and limits so they'd have to be reworked if not redone from scratch to fit the limits DT works with.

Fafnir_6
02-16-2012, 07:26 AM
DT will absolutely not take any sound samples from "somewhere" and plug them in simply for the fact that there may be a potential for a copyright infringement lurking in the background. What an individual does on his PC is his own problem, but DT has contractual obligations to 1C and has to do things by the book. Just to make that absolutely clear.

And as for the effects - I'm not the one to judge them from a technical POV but I don't think they follow official guidelines and limits so they'd have to be reworked if not redone from scratch to fit the limits DT works with.

Could a toggle for "3rd Party Sounds" be added to the sound settings, perhaps with a disclaimer stating something like "By enabling this, you (the user) take full responsibility for copyright infringement in the use of 3rd party sound samples"? When enabled, this setting could make the IL-2 sound engine look to a special user-installed directory for alternative sound samples. DT would not make an alternative sound scheme (my understanding is that they don't have much expertise in sound engineering anyways). Any alternative sound samples would be provided by the user and in conjunction with the disclaimer, transfer all responsibility for copyright infringement to the user rather than DT/1C/Maddox. This would allow the user the freedom to pick the sound scheme of their choice and absolve 1C/Maddox of any legal responsibility that way. I think this is the only way to make the whole IL-2 community happy with sounds.

Just a thought,

Fafnir_6

swiss
02-16-2012, 10:57 AM
Could a toggle for "3rd Party Sounds" be added to the sound settings, perhaps with a disclaimer stating something like "By enabling this, you (the user) take full responsibility for copyright infringement in the use of 3rd party sound samples"? When enabled, this setting could make the IL-2 sound engine look to a special user-installed directory for alternative sound samples. DT would not make an alternative sound scheme (my understanding is that they don't have much expertise in sound engineering anyways). Any alternative sound samples would be provided by the user and in conjunction with the disclaimer, transfer all responsibility for copyright infringement to the user rather than DT/1C/Maddox. This would allow the user the freedom to pick the sound scheme of their choice and absolve 1C/Maddox of any legal responsibility that way. I think this is the only way to make the whole IL-2 community happy with sounds.

Just a thought,

Fafnir_6

No.
Why?
Because you would enable you to turn off your own engine sound - which would lead to the sonar problem-> You'd be flying a glider and hear any enemy planes approaching you from behind.

jermin
02-16-2012, 05:02 PM
TD, please consider modelling the movable horizontal stabilizers for Bf-109s so that "elevator trim" control won't be delayed on them.

uradme
02-16-2012, 06:26 PM
I want better damage model and nice looking cokpits for all the planes available.

Aviar
02-16-2012, 08:43 PM
TD, please consider modelling the movable horizontal stabilizers for Bf-109s so that "elevator trim" control won't be delayed on them.

This person obviously wasn't around during the RBJ 'trim on a slider' days. ;)

(The 1% of players who know what I'm talking about, raise your hand.)

Aviar

Pursuivant
02-16-2012, 08:54 PM
Because you would enable you to turn off your own engine sound - which would lead to the sonar problem-> You'd be flying a glider and hear any enemy planes approaching you from behind.

If you're flying off-line, who cares if you take advantage of the "sonar" bug?

If you're flying on-line, the server administrator should be able to control sound levels, allowing or disallowing "sonar" as he wishes.

I don't see the "sonar bug" as being in any way incompatible with user-customizable sounds.

While I have tremendous respect for TD, I think that they're being unreasonably cautious about allowing user-developed sound packs.

User-created sound packs are perfectly legitimate and legally defensible. Already, IL2 allows you to add in custom music, which is much more of a source of copyright violations and legal action than sound effects.

Should TD be silly enough to produce their own sound pack, consider:

Copyright on sound effects is much looser than copyright on other recorded works. While it's a copyright violation to use sound effects from a copyrighted work (e.g., a movie or piece of music), copyright courts have been very reluctant to allow copyrights on sounds produced by particular types of machinery. For example, a few years ago, Harley-Davidson got smacked down in U.S. court when it tried to copyright the distinctive sound of its motorcycle engines.

The sounds produced by by Axis equipment WILL be in the public domain, as spoils of war. This means that all the sounds of German, Italian, Japanese, Romanian and Hungarian WW2 equipment will be copyright free.

The sounds of any equipment produced by state-run industries, such as Soviet-produced equipment, will be in the public domain. This means that any Soviet equipment sounds will be copyright free, as will the sounds of equipment produced by other governments' state factories (e.g., the sound of the U.S. atomic bomb or the M1 Garand rifle).

Sounds recorded by radio or movie broadcasts which are now in the public domain are copyright free. This means that you can use any sound from old newsreels and training films without infringing on copyright. This goes double for Axis- or state-produced media.

Sound recorded by private individuals and released into the public domain are copyright free. All you need to do is send a few recorder-equipped IL2 fan-boys to some air shows and a some WW2 reenactment events and you have all the airplane engine and machine gun sounds you want.

So, there you are.

Gabelschwanz Teufel
02-16-2012, 08:54 PM

Aviar

Bat Turn.

WTE_Galway
02-16-2012, 09:11 PM

Aviar

ah ... the glory days when RBJ reigned supreme in the skies of HL

Whilst I was never keen on the exact solution implemented, the fact that people actually went as far as mapping the TRIM to their joystick instead of the elevator when flying online was really a sign of a problem.

csThor
02-17-2012, 05:17 AM
While I have tremendous respect for TD, I think that they're being unreasonably cautious about allowing user-developed sound packs.

You, Sir, are unreasonably trusting when it comes to the potential of greed within the human race. ;)

We're playing it by the old maxime "Better safe than sorry" and no amount of bemoaning that will change it. Some of us have signed a contract with 1C which means in the worst case 1C could roast them over a fire if they wanted. But hey, anything's possible as long as you're not responsible, isn't it? :roll:

Pursuivant
02-17-2012, 05:38 AM
You, Sir, are unreasonably trusting when it comes to the potential of greed within the human race. ;)

I've all too wary of copyright trolls, and I understand TD's reluctance to do anything which will get them in trouble with 1C.

But, I still don't understand why 1c allows users to add their own music to the game - and potentially risk the wrath of the RIAA - while they won't allow users to add their own sound effects.

jermin
02-17-2012, 05:44 AM

Aviar
LOL. 109 pilots in WW2 did use "elevator trim" to help with turning. And there wasn't any delay between the movement of the trim wheel and the horizontal stabilizer in real 109s. ;)

SaQSoN
02-17-2012, 06:00 AM

Speaking of which: some years ago, when we were making those add-ons for IL-2 with Ilya, one guy from Poland was threatening 1C with a lawsuit, demanding royalties... Because on one plane from the add-on we had a camouflage pattern, which, apparently was also published in his book. This wasn't some unique paint job, just a standard camo scheme, used on this plane, which was also published in a number of other books and in original government-issued painting instructions for the aircraft type.

Obviously, he had no legal basis under such claim and he was politely asked to f off. But hey, who needs all that crap? So, unless DT would have a permission from every and all authors of a content, this content will not be included.

csThor
02-17-2012, 06:33 AM
I've all too wary of copyright trolls, and I understand TD's reluctance to do anything which will get them in trouble with 1C.

But, I still don't understand why 1c allows users to add their own music to the game - and potentially risk the wrath of the RIAA - while they won't allow users to add their own sound effects.

I don't know about the technical questions pertaining to this issue so I can't say whether that's even possible or not. My reply was to the repeating question why DT won't include "existing soundpacks".

WTE_Galway
02-17-2012, 07:02 AM
LOL. 109 pilots in WW2 did use "elevator trim" to help with turning. And there wasn't any delay between the movement of the trim wheel and the horizontal stabilizer in real 109s. ;)

You clearly have not been playing this game long, or flown a real aircraft (Even in a Cessna you wind on trim to keep a turn level).

There were literally dozens of threads and hundreds if not thousands of posts about the issue back in the early days. It would be stupid to restart the whole ridiculous thing over again now.

Here are the basic facts ...

BEFORE TRIM DELAY WAS INTRODUCED
- tapping the keyboard was reasonable realistic it took a few seconds to get full trim
- trim on a slider was definitely unrealistic as you could instantly go from full up trim to full down trim (whereas in a real aircraft, even with powered trim it takes several seconds to change), furthermore many people claimed in the IL2 flight model full elevator PLUS full trim incorrectly had MORE effect than full elevator alone. If that was true it was clearly wrong.
- players with trim on a slider had a big advantage over players using the keyboard

AFTER TRIM DELAY WAS INTRODUCED
- adjusting trim by tapping the keyboard is now extremely hard as the program stores up "excess taps" and plays them back after a delay. The change was really bad for people without a HOTAS
- the trim delay fixed the online cheating problem and trim on a slider now works reasonably historically. You move the slider and the trim moves about the rate it does with a real trim wheel or electric trim

Two sorts of people where annoyed at the change:
1. online points whores who had been using instant trim change to get an unfair advantage over people with no HOTAS
2. people wanting to do fine trim adjustments (for example offline players doing formation flying) with just the keyboard

Everyone else was happy as the only other alternative seemed to be to remove the capability to put trim on a slider at all.

The whole farce was teh result of a few people exploiting a flaw in the FM, the fact that sliders could change trim instantly.

jermin
02-17-2012, 07:17 AM
BEFORE TRIM DELAY WAS INTRODUCED
- tapping the keyboard was reasonable realistic it took a few seconds to get full trim
- trim on a slider was definitely unrealistic as you could instantly go from full up trim to full down trim (whereas in a real aircraft, even with powered trim it takes several seconds to change), furthermore many people claimed in the IL2 flight model full elevator PLUS full trim incorrectly had MORE effect than full elevator alone. If that was true it was clearly wrong.
- players with trim on a slider had a big advantage over players using the keyboard

I'm curious how come you could overlook the time Russian and USAF pilots spent in moving so many levers in the cockpit during combat while overemphasize the advantage of mapping elevator trims onto a rotary axis. It is also not realistic to map all those lever controls onto HOTAS switches and/or axes.

In the summer of 1943, a brand-new La-5 made a forced landing on a German airfield providing the Luftwaffe with an opportunity to test-fly the newest Soviet fighter. Test pilot Hans-Werner Lerche wrote a detailed report of his experience.[1] He particularly noted that the La-5FN excelled at altitudes below 3,000 m (9,843 ft) but suffered from short range and flight time of only 40 minutes at cruise engine power. All of the engine controls (throttle, mixture, propeller pitch, radiator and cowl flaps, and supercharger gearbox) had separate levers which served to distract the pilot during combat to make constant adjustments or risk suboptimal performance. For example, rapid acceleration required moving no less than six levers. In contrast, contemporary German aircraft, especially the BMW 801 radial-engined variants of the Focke-Wulf Fw 190 front line fighter, had largely automatic engine controls with the pilot operating a single lever and electromechanical devices, like the Kommandogerät pioneering engine computer on the radial-engined Fw 190s, making the appropriate adjustments.

It's the same thing with all USAF fighters. To execute a simple boom and zoom bounce with the P-47 you need to:

lower the turbocharger RPM (this is like a throttle for high altitudes, but it takes time for the turbo to spool up/down and this makes it difficult to judge the fine-tuning of it all)

set the pitch/RPM for the dive

possibly lower the throttle too (if it's a long dive and you want to accelerate slowly)

close the cowl flaps (they can get damaged at high speeds, these control the cylinder temperatures)

adjust the intercoolers for the temperature you expect to meet at the lower altitudes as you dive (these control carburetor temperature: too low and it freezes and stops fuel to the engine, too high and the mixture is too lean to produce power and causes overheat in the cylinders)

adjust the oil coolers in a similar manner to intercoolers (low oil temp means the oil is thick and doesn't flow or lubricate well plus oil pressure gets high and you might burst a pipeline, high oil temp means the oil breaks apart/dissolves, lubrication is bad because the oil runs through the parts too fast and it may even catch fire)

The only help in all this is that oil temps change slower than carburetor temps and cylinder temps so you can afford to make a mistake, plus late war US aircraft usually had automatic oil cooler control.

After you do all this and dive, you can attack your target. When you pull back up from the dive to climb away you need to do all this in reverse.

And please bear in mind that flight sim is not supposed to be played on keyboards. Because no WW2 pilots used keyboards to fly a plane. :-P

KG26_Alpha
02-17-2012, 08:53 AM

I don't know about the technical questions pertaining to this issue so I can't say whether that's even possible or not. My reply was to the repeating question why DT won't include "existing soundpacks".

The whole point of the "sound engine" is to keep the online experience cheat free, there was an early re-write of the sound engine to stop online sound hacking.
Personally the sound engines fine for me.
I have >>> http://uk.store.creative.com/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-recon3d-fatal1ty-champion/1-21093.aspx

With >>> http://www.awd-it.co.uk/logitech-g930-wireless-7.1-surround-gaming-headset.html

I have no gripes with the stock sounds, the mod sounds are repetitive in the cockpit, the flyby's the best part of it but unless your movie making what's the point ?

Most want the modded sounds because they are using cheap onboard sound chipsets, and want the lazy way out (let someone else fix it) rather than make an upgrade.

A sound plugin might be an idea that the user decides what sounds to use offline, but online I would rather the games sound engine handle things,
at least the movie makers get the best of both worlds from a stock install.

swiss
02-17-2012, 11:15 AM
If you're flying on-line, the server administrator should be able to control sound levels, allowing or disallowing "sonar" as he wishes.

You should have mentioned that.

swiss
02-17-2012, 11:16 AM
Bat Turn.

trim.exe :rolleyes:

I know of only one pilot who used flaps(not even trim). He got killed in Africa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcMjhihuuX8

PITA.

T}{OR
02-17-2012, 08:33 PM
Here is one more:

Transferring your loadout / squadron / fuel / fuse etc settings to other players on the server for a joint strike with your friends who wish to have the same loadout as you.

Pursuivant
02-18-2012, 01:21 AM
Most want the modded sounds because they are using cheap onboard sound chipsets, and want the lazy way out (let someone else fix it) rather than make an upgrade.

I've got a cheap sound card and speakers, and it's not the sound quality that bothers me, it's the fact that so many sounds in the game are wrong.

I know what a 0.50 BMG or a Rolls-Royce Merlin engine should sound like. Having poor imitations for those sounds, which sound like a manual typewriter or a lawnmower, grates on me. Even with crap sound equipment I can tell the difference. If I had a $10,000 octupel, immersive, surround-sound, high-fidelity sound system the size of a closet, it would just make it worse.

But, it's dead issue because TD doesn't want it done. I disagree, but I respect their decision. I'll just use the good sounds for when I fly the modded version.

illegalBeagle
02-18-2012, 06:33 AM
Request: smoke for marking ground targets with delay time. We can already place the white narrow smoke object, it looks like a white phosphorus marker, but what would be cool is if it could be timed to appear at intervals after the mission start. I see missions with well concealed/camo'ed objects getting marked by ground troops, or a support plane. At the moment I play lots of games attacking ground units that are, frankly, too easy to spot from the air. I've always wanted to do a Burma mission with camouflaged Japanese targets getting marked for the B-25H's 75mm gun. Regular smoke with delay would be useful too.

Fafnir_6
02-18-2012, 06:45 AM
Sigh....

It is because of sound mods that the community mod packs (UP, HSFX) will always be around - the stock sounds just don't satisfy a large part of the IL-2 community (me included). Swiss, I understand your concern about silent engines. CsThor, I completely understand why DT doesn't want to include community-made sounds mods because of legal concerns. The only people I don't understand are those who are satisfied with the stock sounds - but this is an opinion. Cliffs of Dover shipped with many engine sounds that seemed right out of IL-2. The result, a public outcry resulting in 1C/Maddox redoing a host of engine sounds ( the DB601 is acceptable now methinks). This is clearly a weakness of the IL-2 franchise. This is also an annoyingly difficult issue to address. I suppose we could have the option of having a toggle for selecting user sound samples only for single-player mode. This would somewhat satisfy me because I rarely play online but it still feels incomplete. For multiplayer, I guess the question is why do people care if someone is using silent engines sounds...Doing so means you are a cheater and a loser besides (and you are missing the point of a high-fidelity flight simulator). Are people's egos so tied up in their online performance stats that it is a big issue if a sonar-user kills them a few extra times? It has been stated that you can tell when someone is using sonar in multiplay. You'll know who they are and if they shoot you down, you'll know it was done unfairly. I'm still pushing for a toggle to select alternate sound samples from special location for both single and multiplayer. Everyone seems to have a position in this debate and this is mine. Hopefully a new way can found to make everyone happy with the stock game because I would be all ears.

Cheers and sorry if I seem grumpy,

Fafnir_6

RPS69
02-18-2012, 04:22 PM
I've got a cheap sound card and speakers, and it's not the sound quality that bothers me, it's the fact that so many sounds in the game are wrong.

I can really assure you that an U$S 65 X-Fi, will be a big surprise. I was surprised myself, specially with headphones. From starting the engine to hitting the trigger. Before that, all engines were almost equal, and all canons too.

It also makes a big difference with mods.

Gahab
02-18-2012, 04:50 PM
I wish Do-217 and Do-17 become flyable... And He-111H22 mb...

6BL Bird-Dog
02-19-2012, 11:59 PM
On night missions the Map lighting pays havock with your night vision ,a dimmer key would be a real help.

blowpipe
02-20-2012, 08:08 AM
Possebillity of makng 3 point landings with Me-109 G6:grin:

Fighterace
02-20-2012, 10:14 AM
Is that working radar for nightfighters be available for 4.12 or is that project shelved?

uradme
02-20-2012, 01:40 PM
Please if it possible remove the micro stuttering and the "Memory could not be read "error .....i think "Memory could not be read" error is related to micro stuttering!....Thank you!.Team Daidalos good job!

Zorin
02-20-2012, 09:56 PM
I asked this before without getting an answer from TD.

Can you implement a new bomber version of the Ju88 and He111 respectively?

The He111H-11 or H-16 could be easily created out of the H-6/H-12 models we have in game and would therefor only require little 3D work, mostly swapping of existing gun models, and altered FM to represent more powerful engines.

Same applies for the Ju88-A-4 fieldmods and late variants, which were upgunned and are as easy to create.

IceFire
02-21-2012, 01:25 AM
I asked this before without getting an answer from TD.

Can you implement a new bomber version of the Ju88 and He111 respectively?

The He111H-11 or H-16 could be easily created out of the H-6/H-12 models we have in game and would therefor only require little 3D work, mostly swapping of existing gun models, and altered FM to represent more powerful engines.

Same applies for the Ju88-A-4 fieldmods and late variants, which were upgunned and are as easy to create.

I think if someone is willing to do the modeling work to standards then the new types would be accepted. I'd love to see a Ju88C-6 for some east front train busting and strafing.

Luno13
02-21-2012, 04:10 AM
Possebillity of makng 3 point landings with Me-109 G6:grin:

It's possible in the game to do so. Maybe I don't understand your question. Here's a track:

http://www.mediafire.com/?8dw6bmm7t95z0t2

- New He-111s and Ju-88s are always welcome! I could really look forward to seeing a Ju-88 G-6 or a Ju-188/288/388 series. Older model Do-217s would be cool, as well as solid-nose radar-equipped night-fighters.

- If night fighters become a reality in the game, it would be great to see some exhaust-flames on most aircraft (these were apparently very useful in giving away a plane's position). Exhaust shrouds or blanking strips could be an option on certain aircraft lie the Ju-87, Bf-110, Hurricane, Fulmar, etc. These could be objects tied to a specific skin.

- None of the Ki-46 variants in the game have rear guns. These were optional, and were carried on some aircraft.

- I was wondering if maybe there could be a key for "gunsight on/off", or maybe a couple buttons which allow the user to change brightness. This could also be used to move an iron sight out of the way (A-20, CW-21). There are controls for adjusting the K-14 gyro-sight, so maybe these could be applied to other adjustable sights (wingspan, range).

- It would also be nice to have some control of mixture control in US fighters and others. Currently, we have auto-rich, but the auto-lean would be useful to improve endurance, and idle-cutoff can be used to turn off the engine (in my experience, aircraft engines are usually turned off by starving it of fuel).

- Right now, magnetos are just eye-candy. Maybe a simplified start-up sequence could be implemented (depending on the mission). The player turns on both magnetos, opens the fuel cocks and presses "I". The mags are tested by switching to M1, then both, then M2, then both. If the RPM drops a bit, they're working fine. If the player selects M1, and RPMs don't drop, it's possible M2 isn't grounding, and the engine has been operating on M1 alone. The player can select M2, and if the engine cuts out, it's confirmed that it's not working. If the player is quick enough, he can switch back to M1 and the engine will start up again. It's then his decision as to whether or not to fly the mission, or postpone it.

- Finer mixture control, at least in increments of 5% like power and ppitch, and/or as a slider control. Proper mixture use would allow maximum RPMs as set by the player. Too rich, and RPMs drop and fouling of the spark plugs results. Too lean, and the engine gets hot.

- Implementation of guns reliability could be cool. For instance, early Hispanos apparently had a tendency to jam when fired in a high-G turn. The nose-mounted high-caliber cannons in some Russian tank-busting planes failed, or damaged the engine, due to vibrations. Some planes also had controls to clear the guns in case of a jam. Reliable guns like the Browning .50 cal can really shine, in comparison to other types.

I mention this because we now have a beautifully modeled anti-shipping Mosquito with a gun prone to failure in slips. 8-)

This would, of course, have to be a difficulty option to allow some players to skip the possible frustration of having their guns quit suddenly.

- Addition of drum reloading feature. Defensive guns stop firing unless the player presses a button to switch out ammo drums (the AI can do this too). This could be interesting for airplanes with manually loaded main weapons such as early Ki-45s (single round), early Beaufighters (drums), and early Bf-110s (drums).

- Flyable early Bf-110s: mainly for Eastern front scenarios. I realize that CloD has the Bf-110 D and E which can't be touched, but maybe the C variants could be done?

- Beaufighter Mk.X: it should be a simple change from the Mk.21. Some proper default skins for FAA missions would be welcome instead if this is not possible.

- 3D models for start-up vehicles and personnel. When the user presses "I", a vehicle or person spawns to start the engine, then drives away to a designated spot on the airfield. I-16s had a keyed spinner which was started by truck. Bf-109s had a crank which spun up a flywheel.

Thanks again for the work so far! Can't wait to fly the Ki-45 and B-24 in 4.12 :grin:

WTE_Galway
02-21-2012, 04:29 AM
Historically, the Luftwaffe pilots tended to raise the tail of the 109 early and rotate late and also tended do 2 point landings at a relative high speed (with the corresponding problem of aircraft being damaged in runway overruns). it seems to have been common Luftwaffe practice to fly the 109 that way.

On the other hand the Finish air-force apparently (with different training and operational guidelines) regularly did 3 point landings and takeoffs in their 109s. I am not sure if the lower approach speed caused the Finns any issues.

Luno13
02-21-2012, 06:13 AM
Another little detail:

I've noticed in some CoD videos that some bombs can be dropped individually (In Il-2, these would both be released together).

Skip to 2:35 for an outside view:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA3Wc_apBfU

Also, in Il-2, when using auto-bombsights, the entire stick of bombs is released at once.

It would be great if a salvo selector or some other mechanism could be implemented.

T}{OR
02-21-2012, 07:40 AM
Also, in Il-2, when using auto-bombsights, the entire stick of bombs is released at once.

It would be great if a salvo selector or some other mechanism could be implemented.

+ 1000

Also for manual release if possible.

EinsteinEP
02-23-2012, 05:32 PM
Wishlist:

True Thrust, True Drag, True Weight, True Airspeed, True Altitude to come out in DeviceLink to support performance analysis tools (Specific Energy charts, etc.).

FrankB
02-27-2012, 08:39 AM
Ability to change the HUD text size.

I could do with something smaller - maybe the same text that we have on the console (Shift+Tab)?

Pursuivant
02-29-2012, 08:06 PM
The ability to change the "black screen of death" into something else.

Options:

1) A player- or server-controlled image.

2) The QMB or campaign mission briefing window.

3) Another crew position in the same plane, or another plane, so you can continue the mission.

mcmmielli
03-01-2012, 04:14 PM
That´s my list:
Flyables:
- G-55 (the best italian fighter is not flyable in game)
- Morane-Saulnier 406-410 (we don´t have any french plane flyable in game)
- Hawk-75
- HS-123
- Do-217
- B-24
- B-17

New Planes:
- More versions of Ju-88
and some than whit big guns:

BK 5

http://i11.tinypic.com/2rm06x4.jpg

Pak 40 75mm
http://www.airwar.ru/image/idop/aww2/ju88p/ju88p-2.jpg

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/9908/hhhhhhhhhne6.jpg

Ju-88P-1 III/KG 1, eastern Front November 1942.
http://www.airwar.ru/image/idop/aww2/ju88p/ju88p-c1.jpg

Dusenkanone Duka 88

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/366/dukado7.jpg

two MK 103 in a underbelly pod:
http://www.airwar.ru/image/idop/aww2/ju88p/ju88p-4.jpg

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/9117/ju88p33we0.jpg

Second that.

With the new 88s we got lately it should be easy to at least put out the late version with better defensive armament and the field mod version with the 20mm in the lower cockpit glassing.

- He-177 Greif
http://www.warbirdphotographs.com/LCBW/He177-A5-12.jpg

And some guns in loadouts:

http://i17.tinypic.com/2uiyueq.png

http://i17.tinypic.com/29ojvrs.jpg

- He-111H-20 whit new cockpit and Fieseler Fi 103 V-1
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIj7SOpGznkYKwLWtW67R2ieiQsafEd LC_K4IC98vWJADp-SwFvEIX3GUQ

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3UHShOKg7U9lLhgjShKVa0vyzZ4DOX an12gbiWkXYz7Ad29eZzJw77Sk9hw

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQyiUHnhOmo403oNd83__WvTL5DFgbX k4BhelE4OD0w4QZcK1fPyM0Q7ko

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/562/ajyan8.jpg

Reworked cockpit for:
-BF-109 (the more important german fighter have this terrible cockpit)
-Mig-3
-La´s
-Yak´s
-P.11c
-Ju-87
-He-111
-IL-2

Night fighters:
-BF-110G-4NF
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg76JI8mbzk&feature=player_detailpage

Macwan
03-03-2012, 02:29 AM
My wishlist for 4.12 :grin:

one or two new aircrafts from this list :

D.520
M.B.152
Loire 130
Westland Lysander
Westland Whirlwind
Hawker Typhoon
Bristol Beaufort
Do 18
Do 24
Heinkel Uhu
Hs 126
Curtiss Helldiver
Lockheed Hudson
Vultee Vengeance
Vought Kingfisher
Mitsubishi Nell
Mitsubishi Pete
Aichi Jake
Airspeed Horsa
Waco Hadrian

(question : are Glenn Martin aircrafts allowed ?)

New Features :
-extended DM models for ships
-New effects for ships (oil, fire...)
-submarines escaping/diving ability

one or two new ships from this list :
Dunkerque (with Loire 130)
Lorraine Class
Mogador Class
Vittorio Veneto
Conte Di Cavour
Pola Class
Scipione Africano Class
Yamato
Kongo Class
Prinz Eugen
Ark Royal
Repulse
County Class
City Class
Lexington / Saratoga (allowed ?)

one or two new maps from this list :
Lybia
Tunisia
Sicily, South Italy
Kunming, Yunnan (allowed ?)
Anchorage, Aleutian Islands

Big stuff. But I'm rather realistic, 1 or 2 per categories is enough for me. :grin:
(ok I now, maps..)

Cheers !

Macwan.

SaQSoN
03-03-2012, 06:21 AM
Lexington / Saratoga (allowed ?)

Abracadabra!

Now go to your FMB and check the ship list. Your wish is fulfilled. I am a great magician, am I not?

Macwan
03-03-2012, 09:43 AM
Wooowwww !

You're right, you're a magician. :shock:

:grin: Yeah my bad, I don't now why I didn't remember them. maybe I made a confusion with another ship class. Thx for update and cheers ! :)

Macwan.

IceFire
03-03-2012, 02:25 PM
Abracadabra!

Now go to your FMB and check the ship list. Your wish is fulfilled. I am a great magician, am I not?

Always so talented! :cool:

SaQSoN
Yeah, human nature at it's best: you already have so lot, you don't remember, what exactly you have, but still you want more. :grin:

IceFire
Wooowwww !

You're right, you're a magician. :shock:

:grin: Yeah my bad, I don't now why I didn't remember them. maybe I made a confusion with another ship class. Thx for update and cheers ! :)

Macwan.

The rest of the list is superb Macwan. Very much the kinds of things I'd love to see as future content additions. Definitely lots of work to produce even a bit of that but well worth thinking about.

Stealth_Eagle
03-03-2012, 02:30 PM
Preview of the hinted at new sounds in an upcoming update video.

slm
03-03-2012, 03:40 PM
Is there any idea yet when the next patch will be released?
I assume there will be some bug fix version before 4.12.

ps. no hurry for the people actually developing IL2, your work is appreciated.
Just it would be nice to know something about your planned schedules.
A new version before summer?

Macwan
03-04-2012, 04:10 AM
Yeah, human nature at it's best: you already have so lot, you don't remember, what exactly you have, but still you want more. :grin:

Ah ah, of course, always more ! :grin:
Actually, my main wish is to complete more theaters like PTO/MTO and naval ops. They are at different levels of completion, Eastern Europe Theater being obviously the top one (what's the name ? IL2 Sturmovik ? Hhhmm, ah, yeah, this makes sense :grin:) )

@Icefire
yep, big stuff. The maps are very relevant, but they're such a big piece of work. Let's hope DT to find someone who has skills, time and will to produce maybe one of them. So difficult. :confused:

Cheers !

Macwan.

German@six
03-04-2012, 05:04 AM
Triggers, fmb needs triggers come on it will open up tons of opportunities. Makes me want to ditch il2. I'd rather have Putin over no triggers.

SgtPappy
03-08-2012, 03:08 AM
I don't know if it's been asked for already, but the ability to switch between fuel tanks would be nice.

Also, Il-2 compare for 4.11 says the clipped wing Spitfires are only 2 km/h faster than the non-clipped variants. Books (like the ones by Alfred Price) state they should be at least 5 mph faster (8 km/h). Not too big, but every bit helps when you're Spit isn't the fastest plane in the game.

Derda508
03-08-2012, 09:46 AM
Hi there,
I´m new to this forum, but longtime IL2 offline player.
I could not agree more to those who wish for new maps. Southern and Western Germany would be wonderful (think about the big air raids on industrial complexes, Mannheim, Pforzheim, the JG 44 and, and, and ... and Heidelberg is such a lovely view :)). Also Italy and the Balcans would be a real treat. I can imagine it is tons of work, but ... pleeaaase.
Another thing I would rather have than still more versions of still more aircraft is an updated data base.
But whatever the TD guys do: MANY THANKS FOR YOU WONDERFUL WORK!

baldeagle72
03-09-2012, 11:53 PM
Is there a way you could create a night fighter version of the Me-110 with the radar antenna on the front, and slanting music cannons firing up at an angle?
Plus there is the He-219 night fighter that would be great at night too...
Thanks!

baldeagle72
03-10-2012, 12:04 AM
Is there a way you could create a night fighter version of the Me-110G-4/R3 for us?
It would have the option of the "slanting music" of two 20mm MG FF cannon firing up at an angle from the fuselage aft of the cockpit... plus the Radar antennas would show too.
Then there's the need for the most deadly night fighter made in WW II... the He-219B-3
These two aircraft would complete the night fighter capability in IL2-1946... Thanks!

daidalos.team
03-10-2012, 12:57 AM
Hello,

You can expect the Bf 110 night fighter in our future patches along side more night fighter features. He 219 is not planned.

Kittle
03-10-2012, 02:18 AM
I am curious to know if you have night fighters from other nations planned as well? The Beaufighter and Mosquito have obvious potential. The one purpose built NF for the USA was the P-61, which won't make the game. Perhaps the night fighting version of the F4U? The P-70 (A-20 variant) would make a nice addition as well.

csThor
03-10-2012, 08:53 AM
Corsair and Hellcat NF versions are out for the same reasons as the P-61.

Lagarto
03-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Are there any plans to re-texture the oldest and ugliest-looking cockpits, especially the Bf 109 series? Tx in advance

jermin
03-10-2012, 12:24 PM
+1

Kittle
03-10-2012, 05:01 PM
Corsair and Hellcat NF versions are out for the same reasons as the P-61.

I wasn't aware that Vought was bought out by the folks that are now NG. That sucks. That eliminates every single night fighter the USN fielded in WWII. I guess the only US night fighter left is the P-70. Have to admit, an A-20 with 20mm gun packs on the sides is an attractive thought. :D

Sternjaeger II
03-10-2012, 07:48 PM
guys, I don't know if this has been proposed or it's in the plans already, but have you thought about a general revamp of the effects i.e. smoke, tracers, explosions etc? That would add SO much to your work and would definitely revamp things!
Also fixing 3d models and FMs of at least the most popular planes (i.e. FW190 and Bf109), there's a lot of outstanding work that has been done with mods, I'm sure that if you could implement these improvements you'd do a great job with it! :-)

Pips
03-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Any chance of a de Havilland Hornet being developed in a future patch? I've been in love with this aircraft for years, and flying the Mossie (good as it is) just doesn't do it for me anymore. The Hornet would provide a nice balance against the later German aircraft such as the Do 335 and the Ta 152.

Like the F7F Tigercat, the Hornet really was a supreme example of twin-engined power; and could just about hold it's own (if flown correctly) against any aircraft of the WWII era. Additionally it also was developed for carrier use - a nice addition for the FAA. Here's some info on it's peformance figures against contemporary challenges.

Hornet F.1
Speed sea level: 392mph
Speed at altitude: 472 @ 22,000ft
Initial climb: 4,650ft/min
Normal range: 1,710 miles/with drop tanks 'no data'

Spitfire XIV
Speed sea level: 375 mph
Speed at altitude: 448 mph @ 26,000ft
Initial climb: 4,580ft/min
Normal range: 460 miles/with drop tanks 850 miles

Tempest V
Speed sea level: 392 mph
Speed at altitude: 435 mph @ 17,000ft
Initial climb: 4,700ft/min
Normal range: 740 miles/with drop tanks 1,450 miles

P-47D-22
Speed @ 5,000ft: 363 mph
Speed at altitude: 435 mph @ 30,000ft
Initial climb: 3,120ft/min
Normal range: 475 miles/ with drop tanks 1,250 miles

P-51D-NA
Speed @ 5,000ft: 395 mph
Speed at altitude: 437 mph @ 25,000ft
Initial climb: 3,475ft/min
Normal range: 850 miles/ with drop tanks 1650 miles

F7F
Speed sea level: 366 mph
Speed at altitude: 434 mph @ 22,200ft
Initial climb: 4,530ft/min
Normal range: 1,200 miles/ with drop tanks 'no data'

Do 335A-1
Speed sea level: no data
Speed at altitude: 474 mph @ 21,325ft
Initial climb: no data
Normal range: 1,280 miles/with drop tanks 'no data'

Fw 190D-9
Speed sea level: 357 mph
Speed at altitude: 426 mph @ 21,654ft
Initial climb: 3,120ft/min
Normal range: 520 miles/with drop tanks 'no data'

Ta 152H-1
Speed sea level: 357 mph
Speed at altitude: 465 mph @ 29,860ft
Initial climb: 3,445ft/min
Normal range: 755 miles/with drop tanks 1250 miles

Me 109K-4
Speed sea level: 378 mph
Speed at altitude: 452 mph @ 19,685ft
Initial climb: 4,820ft/min
Normal range: 366 miles/with drop tanks 635 miles

And to finish off I can't think of a better way than with some words from Eric 'Winkle' Brown, who was very impressed with the Hornet. Note that Eric is discussing the performance of the Sea Hornet, which was some 800 kg heavier than the F.1.

"...the next two months of handling and deck landing assessment trials were to be an absolute joy; from the outset the Sea Hornet was a winner!" "The view from the cockpit, positioned right forward in the nose beneath a one-piece aft-sliding canopy was truly magnificent. The Sea Hornet was easy to taxi, with powerful brakes... the takeoff using 25 lb (2,053 mm Hg, 51" Hg) boost and flaps at one-third extension was remarkable! The 2,070 hp (1,540 kW) Merlin 130/131 engines fitted to the prototypes were to be derated to 18 lb (1,691 Hg, 37" Hg) boost and 2,030 hp (1,510 kW) as Merlin 133/134s in production Sea Hornets, but takeoff performance was to remain fantastic. Climb with 18 lb boost exceeded 4,000 ft/min (20.32 m/sec)"... "In level flight the Sea Hornet's stability about all axes was just satisfactory, characteristic, of course, of a good day interceptor fighter. Its stalling characteristics were innocuous, with a fair amount of elevator buffeting and aileron twitching preceding the actual stall"... "For aerobatics the Sea Hornet was absolute bliss. The excess of power was such that manoeuvres in the vertical plane can only be described as rocket like. Even with one propeller feathered the Hornet could loop with the best single-engine fighter, and its aerodynamic cleanliness was such that I delighted in its demonstration by diving with both engines at full bore and feathering both propellers before pulling up into a loop!"

And

"Landings aboard Ocean had been made without any crash barrier... Yet, in the case of the Sea Hornet, I had felt such absolute confidence that I was mentally relaxed... Indeed, there was something about the Sea Hornet that made me feel that I had total mastery of it; I revelled in its sleek form and the immense surge of power always to hand..." "Circumstances had conspired against the Sea Hornet in obtaining the recognition that it justly deserved as a truly outstanding warplane...in my book the Sea Hornet ranks second to none for harmony of control, performance characteristics and, perhaps most important, in inspiring confidence in its pilot. For sheer exhilarating flying enjoyment, no aircraft has ever made a deeper impression on me than did this outstanding filly from the de Havilland stable."

Pips
03-11-2012, 10:17 AM
And for those who may not be familiar with it's appearance, here's a photo.
Such a beautiful aircraft! :)

Ace1staller
03-11-2012, 03:23 PM
I would like to see a flyable B-17/B-24/ or a B-29. Also, I wanted the Throttle system fixed on the Fw-190A-4 because I notice it only reaches up to 88% when it should have been reaching a 100%

DD_crash
03-11-2012, 04:24 PM
B-24D is in build and the throttle on the 190 is correct as the boost is limited. ;)

Jure_502
03-11-2012, 04:41 PM
-further development of nightfighter tehnique and navigational aids
-flyable Ki-45 (or D4Y) :)

Bearcat
03-12-2012, 12:18 AM
1. P-51 ordnance tweaks and remove the fin fillet from the -5. need the rockets on the later -20 series, perhaps as a loadout option? -5 thru -30?
2. Mosquito now has rockets, should it be able to carry mixed loads, such as rockets and bombs at the same time?
3. Hawk-P40 series upgrades with new wings and a P-40N.
4. B-25 upgrades with a dedicated PBJ with rockets/torpedo/depth charge options, even the multi gun strafers.
5. Hud upgrade with Tas and a bomb bay door key setting.
6. Make some of the torpedo planes flyable, TBF may be off limits but Kate,Jill etc.
7. Tropical Hurricanes and tropical filters for the Bf 109s as needed.
8.Ordnance upgrade for FM-2.
9.Me-210/410 flyable
10. beaufighter variants or upgrade the ordnance on existing model.
11. Send me a bunch of money so I can go to computer school and help to do some of these things!!

All of the above...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/thefruitbat1/grab0029.jpg

Per this shot above .. How hard would it be to give us the ability to actually name a profile for joystick 1-4? Even if it were to be done in the config file. That way instead of 1-4, I could name a profile for a specific plane.

I have news for you .. it wasn't just 109 pilots .. I read in several accounts from some well known aces .. that they used trim as well. Your life was on the line .. you used anything available to make sure that you got back home and that you killed the guy trying to kill you before he could do the same whether it was trim or flaps or whatever as long as it was doable. Cycling the throttles to turn better on the P-38s was not in the books .. but guys did t all the time in dogfights to help them turn better..

trim.exe :rolleyes:
I know of only one pilot who used flaps(not even trim). He got killed in Africa.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcMjhihuuX8
PITA.

WOW!!! I had no idea!! What yeah .. PITA is right..

Ace1staller
03-13-2012, 12:51 PM
B-24D is in build and the throttle on the 190 is correct as the boost is limited. ;)

Kay thanks DD (:

Whacker
03-13-2012, 03:39 PM
Cross post for this thread, plus some additions.

My "most wanted".

1. Please please PLEASE give us FOV ranges and options. 20 - 170 in 5 degree increments, and increase/decrease FOV in 5 degree increments is much needed. My three flying FOVs are 60, 120, and 155 as an example. It's totally dependent on the user's setup and resolution. Mods and tools somewhat cover this, but each have drawbacks and there's no substitute for real in-game support.

2. Please make the game more friendly for ATI/ATI Crossfire users. I play different games frequently, and having to manually go into the control panel and turn Crossfire off just for IL-2 is a bit tedious. Also there shouldn't be any reason with modern cards ATI users can't run the same bells and whistles as Nvidia users. Not asking for optimization, just the ability to run same maxed settings.

3. Please incorporate the functionality of the outstanding "Mission Pro Combo" into the game. http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=18353.0 This mini-mod is wonderful, but the menus are always messed up, too small to read, smashed together, etc.

4. Please increase the number of available aircraft slots for modders by a large amount. It would appear some of the larger mods are approaching or at the limit and are having to "prune" some aircraft here and there in order to be able to fit them all.

5. A generic "level autopilot" for every aircraft. Just want something that will hold a plane's altitude and direction (accounting for crosswind as well). Don't want it to touch engine settings, radiator, pitch, try to follow waypoints, or anything. Just straight and level on the heading. If speed drops and it can't maintain altitude, then keep the plane level and same heading, but let it sink at whatever rate it needs to sink at.

My "nice to have but not as badly needed" list.

6. Catapults and specific keys for catapults (NOT chocks in/out). The mini-mod with HSFX that uses chocks is decent, but something officially and built into the game by TD would be wonderful.

7. The ability to 'back up' an aircraft. This one may be a bit controversial, but it's something I've consistently wanted, especially after landing on an aircraft carrier. Maybe think of it logically as the deck crew or ground crew pushing or tractoring the plane around. Maybe make it so that the engine needs to be off and this mode is "toggled", when on the plane moves very slowly and is controlled by rudder and throttle? A logically extension of this idea would be the simple ability to fine tune an aircraft's position when on the ground and power off. I am NOT in favor of a simple "reset position" key combo that puts the plane back into a take off position on the carrier, as again I'd like this to be useable on land as well.

8. Angled-deck carrier with catapults (see pt 5). The models you guys make are second to none. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Antietam_%28CV-36%29 I realize the core game is WW2 specific with the few 1946 "additions", but post WW2/Korean War mods are great and just scream a need for these.

9. Option for "rearm", "repair", "refuel" through comms menu to ground ctrl when landed. I think UP3 has this, and thought it was a great idea. This could potentially be mission specific, only available at one's home airport, at friendly airports, etc. The level of "repair" could be variable, such as quick repairs only, full repairs, etc etc. "Re-arm" could be guns only, bombs only, both, etc. "Refuel" could be the same, 100%, 75%, 50%, external stores, all, etc.

10. A "lean out window" key to angle view to partially see around the nose for tail draggers, like pilot does in this vid here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQxb-V-rZqA
Or make it a function of the 6DOF use, at the extreme left or right side of the cockpit allow for "leaning" out the window when it's on the ground and under certain speeds.

Luno13
03-13-2012, 05:32 PM
2. Please make the game more friendly for ATI/ATI Crossfire users. I play different games frequently, and having to manually go into the control panel and turn Crossfire off just for IL-2 is a bit tedious. Also there shouldn't be any reason with modern cards ATI users can't run the same bells and whistles as Nvidia users. Not asking for optimization, just the ability to run same maxed settings.

Doing things like this to a 10 year-old game are exceedingly difficult. DT would have to write the entire code from scratch. Il-2 just simply wasn't made to run on modern hardware (ironic, isn't it?).

4. Please increase the number of available aircraft slots for modders by a large amount. It would appear some of the larger mods are approaching or at the limit and are having to "prune" some aircraft here and there in order to be able to fit them all.

This is probably another inherent fault of an old game engine that was not anticipated to model more than 20 or so aircraft. DT had to do some serious rework of the code just to get more toggles in the realism settings (the old limit was only 32, I think).

10. A "lean out window" key to angle view to partially see around the nose for tail draggers, like pilot does in this vid here:
Or make it a function of the 6DOF use, at the extreme left or right side of the cockpit allow for "leaning" out the window when it's on the ground and under certain speeds.

It's pretty easy to taxi if your head is to one side or the other and you zig-zag, which is what most pilots do anyway. It could be useful, but not every plane has opening canopies anyway. This feature would be most appreciated in the Yak, which for now has no way of allowing the pilot to see the fuel gauges.

Whacker
03-13-2012, 09:58 PM
Doing things like this to a 10 year-old game are exceedingly difficult. DT would have to write the entire code from scratch. Il-2 just simply wasn't made to run on modern hardware (ironic, isn't it?).

Dripping with irony! The thing is, I don't believe a major re-write or even really any "optimization" is needed at all. I've got dozens and dozens of older games from '99 on up that work with crossfire on, but don't really benefit from it at all because they're so dang old.

Point is, if it's not a lot of effort (relatively speaking), it's something I'm lobbying for.

This is probably another inherent fault of an old game engine that was not anticipated to model more than 20 or so aircraft. DT had to do some serious rework of the code just to get more toggles in the realism settings (the old limit was only 32, I think).Also true and understand, but as above if it's feasible, it'd be greatly and widely appreciated, since all the major mods would benefit from it.

It's pretty easy to taxi if your head is to one side or the other and you zig-zag, which is what most pilots do anyway. It could be useful, but not every plane has opening canopies anyway. This feature would be most appreciated in the Yak, which for now has no way of allowing the pilot to see the fuel gauges.Aye, the zigzag taxi works and it's historically accurate, but it's still a bit of a pain. Short of modeling a ground crew sitting on the wing (sarcasm), having a "lean out" view function with be the next best thing.

Luno13
03-14-2012, 01:03 AM
Having dudes on the wing would be really cool. That would require a bit of AI programming though, as it has to "see" obstacles and intersections and give the right instructions to the player.

wayno77
03-16-2012, 04:53 AM
I try everything:

-------------

You only get perfect in Open GL, don't know if that's been said. No perfect for DirectX.

Whacker
03-16-2012, 05:32 AM
Having dudes on the wing would be really cool. That would require a bit of AI programming though, as it has to "see" obstacles and intersections and give the right instructions to the player.

I will agree to this PROVIDED that TD accurately and in high detail models the sheer, unadulterated terror on their faces when I take off with them still sitting on the wings.

Luno13
03-16-2012, 06:28 AM
Of course! How could I have forgotten?! :-P

310thDiablo
03-16-2012, 01:23 PM
P-47 tweaks

1. auto prop pitch settings. I have tried to set this and it does not work.
http://books.google.com/books?id=Sq5pPTWlbqAC&pg=PA26&lpg=PA26&dq=automatic+prop+pitch+in+a+P-47&source=bl&ots=mH_qX7ZZJJ&sig=-T1uyu8e9joaiN3DZHVXMJoM_8s&hl=en&sa=X&ei=nkhjT7y9N7PksQKG1eCcCw&sqi=2&ved=0CEsQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=automatic%20prop%20pitch%20in%20a%20P-47&f=false

2. API and APIT ammo

3. New cockpits and textures

4. Overheating... the Jug seems to overheat faster than other radial engine planes and takes longer to cool down.

5. Acceleration.....all planes i tested seem to accelerate at the same rate. granted these were rudely done but still might need to be tested.

6. Energy retention for zoom climbs?

did I say API and APIT ammo? hahahaha

Bearcat
03-17-2012, 03:02 AM
I know this was already mentioned.. probably by me , but just to keep it in the mix, can you fix the FFB bug that knocks out the FFB if you WIN Key or ALT+TAB out and come back in? This also happens if .. say you are flying and the sim reverts to the desktop and you have to bring it back.

If you turn off FFB in the sim no problem .. you have stick forces and even if you WK or AT out and come back in you still have them.... but if you have FFB turned on and you do tat you loose everything .. stick forces, gunshake, stalls & buffets .. all of it.

~BeoWolf~
03-17-2012, 11:33 PM
FMB option to set the type of formation your flights will form in. As of right now you can't do that. You can change "Your" flight but not any others. Being able to set a finger four right or left for a flight of 16 would be nice. It would look natural, instead of the whole flight being in right echelon or left echelon. Diamond formations for Bombers would be nice to set up a Box. It seems like it should be an easy fix since the player can set his formation once airborne.

You'll have to wait on the Force Feed back crap Barry, this is much more important.................

IceFire
03-17-2012, 11:44 PM
P-47 tweaks

1. auto prop pitch settings. I have tried to set this and it does not work.
http://books.google.com/books?id=Sq5pPTWlbqAC&pg=PA26&lpg=PA26&dq=automatic+prop+pitch+in+a+P-47&source=bl&ots=mH_qX7ZZJJ&sig=-T1uyu8e9joaiN3DZHVXMJoM_8s&hl=en&sa=X&ei=nkhjT7y9N7PksQKG1eCcCw&sqi=2&ved=0CEsQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=automatic%20prop%20pitch%20in%20a%20P-47&f=false

2. API and APIT ammo

3. New cockpits and textures

4. Overheating... the Jug seems to overheat faster than other radial engine planes and takes longer to cool down.

5. Acceleration.....all planes i tested seem to accelerate at the same rate. granted these were rudely done but still might need to be tested.

6. Energy retention for zoom climbs?

did I say API and APIT ammo? hahahaha
Some good stuff there! I'd love to see API and APIT (some sort of late war loadout option?) as part of the belting.

I did want to say that Acceleration I tested online with a few guys using a couple of different methods and it was definitely different between types of aircraft. It wasn't a huge difference between them but I sometimes think that my reading in a book about acceleration difference and actual differences were actually quite small.

T}{OR
03-20-2012, 09:05 PM
Bomb salvo option and the info on which angle will the automated bombsight release start releasing the bombs once on the bomb run. Simple. :)

Grach
03-21-2012, 02:59 AM
Some good stuff there! I'd love to see API and APIT (some sort of late war loadout option?) as part of the belting.

I did want to say that Acceleration I tested online with a few guys using a couple of different methods and it was definitely different between types of aircraft. It wasn't a huge difference between them but I sometimes think that my reading in a book about acceleration difference and actual differences were actually quite small.

I'd like to see three .50 cal "types" modelled based on when the aircraft type entered service. E.g. F4F3 & F4F4 have "early" guns, P-47D-10 has "mid" guns, P-51D-20 has "late" guns and so on. (To try and keep it simple.)

Pre & early war - belting: (AP ~ I ~ AP ~ I ~ T x repeat), RoF 750rpm (480rpm synch)

Mid war - belting: (API ~ AP ~ I ~ API ~ T / alternating with APIT x repeat), RoF 780rpm (540rpm synch)

Late war - belting: (API ~ API ~ API ~ HI ~ APIT x repeat), RoF 840rpm (540rpm synch).

Where:
'AP' is the M2 Armour Piercing round
'I' is the M1 Incendiary round
'T' is the M17 Tracer round
'API' is the M8 Armour Piercing Incendiary round
'APIT' is the M20 Armour Piercing Incendiary Tracer round
'HI' is the M23 'enhanced' Incendiary round

For details of the composition of these rounds, see this post (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=354995&postcount=12)!

Don't get me started on rifle calibre weapons! They need serious fixing up too! ;)

HOSTIL
03-21-2012, 12:06 PM
I wish weapons more efficient. I feel the callibers are so weak.
Other day, I spent all 7mm ammo to destroy a truck ( fw190 a4).

Cordially,

Ace1staller
03-21-2012, 12:50 PM
I wish weapons more efficient. I feel the callibers are so weak.
Other day, I spent all 7mm ammo to destroy a truck ( fw190 a4).

Cordially,

10000+ I agree more than a 100 percent. It seems like that I have to hit the enemy plane with all my ammo. I remembered one time I had used all my ammo on one buffalo MK and it didn't go down (Ki-43 is the plane I used).

Luno13
03-21-2012, 02:57 PM
Not every pilot scored ten kills in one sortie ;) Even the top aces managed only one kill in ten sorties on average. The vast majority of pilots never got kills.

Aerial gunnery shouldn't be too easy. With small caliber weapons you're only poking holes in the plane. You must be able to hit specific points within the plane, such as the pilot, fuel, coolant, and oil lines, etc. Don't expect to shred wings off with rifle-caliber rounds!

Anton88
03-21-2012, 09:54 PM
As UP3 isn't compatable with 4.11, I too would like a flyable official release me410.

+1 for that one ->

Please include drop-tanks for the Fw-190A8 & A9

http://www.clubhyper.com/reference/ra5cimages/dortenmannprofilett_1.jpg

and also include drop-tanks for the Ki-43 II & III

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/Pixilater/oscar/oscar026.jpg

IceFire
03-22-2012, 12:59 AM
10000+ I agree more than a 100 percent. It seems like that I have to hit the enemy plane with all my ammo. I remembered one time I had used all my ammo on one buffalo MK and it didn't go down (Ki-43 is the plane I used).

I'd like to see some tracks of you shooting that much in an enemy aircraft and it not going down.

That said... there are many stories from WWII that support the notion that light calibre machine guns were insufficient to bring down the better constructed and better armored aircraft. Here's one:

One of the 56th's worst setbacks occurred on June 26, 1943, when 48 P-47Cs left a forward operating base at RAF Manston late in the afternoon to provide escort for B-17 Flying Fortress bombers returning from a mission against Villacoublay airfield in the Paris suburbs. As the P-47s approached the rendezvous point near Forges-les-Eaux, they were jumped from above and behind by 16 Focke-Wulf Fw 190s of II Gruppe, JG 26. The first pass scattered the Thunderbolts, and Johnson's aircraft, flying at the rear of the 61st Squadron's formation, was seriously damaged by a 20 mm shell that exploded in his cockpit and ruptured his hydraulic system. Burned and partially blinded by hydraulic fluid, Johnson tried to bail out, but could not open his shattered canopy.

After pulling out of an uncontrolled spin and with the fire amazingly going out on its own, Johnson headed for the English Channel, but was intercepted by a single Fw 190. Unable to fight back, he maneuvered while under a series of attacks, and although sustaining further heavy damage from both 7.92mm and 20mm rounds, managed to survive until the German ran out of ammunition, who, after saluting him by rocking his wings, turned back. His opponent has never been identified, but Johnson could have been one of three victories claimed that day by the commander of III/JG 2, Oberst Egon Mayer.[2] [N 1] After landing, Johnson tried to count the bullet holes in his airplane, but when he passed 200, including 21, 20 mm cannon shell impacts, without even moving around the aircraft, he gave up.

While Johnson made it back to crash land at Manston, damaging his fighter beyond economical repair, four other pilots of the 56th FG were killed in action. A fifth, able to extend only one of his plane's landing gear struts, had to bail out over the English Channel and was rescued north of Yarmouth. Five other Thunderbolts suffered battle damage. Johnson suffered shrapnel wounds and minor burns to his face, hands, and legs, and was awarded the Purple Heart. He resumed flying missions on July 1.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_S._Johnson

Exceptional but not entirely unheard of.

The Buffalo Mark I which I presume you were flying against was one of the better protected Buffalo models (also one of the heaviest) and in general it was fairly well constructed. I'm not surprised that it would take a significant number of bullets to bring down. Particularly if the shooter were engaging from dead 6 and firing into the fuselage instead of aiming for the engine or wing roots where the more vulnerable components are.

What does shortchange the lighter calibres are some of the smaller finely detailed damage model components. The kind of thing they did right away with Cliffs of Dover but just weren't part of the original IL-2.

Phil_K
03-22-2012, 03:10 PM
Could DT change bomber formations so that when a number of flights are "set" together, they are stepped slightly (by about 15-20 metres)?

This would:

1.) Make the formations look much more realistic, and

2.) Reduce the number of silly-looking collisions that occur when the bombers are forming up.

hafu1939
03-22-2012, 07:49 PM
Could the Ju 87 and Ju 52 be able to tow gliders?
Could there be 900 l drop-tanks available for Do 217 and Bf 110?

Pepek
03-24-2012, 09:09 AM
Flyable me 410/210! And as much western single player campaigns as possible!

Aardvark892
03-24-2012, 08:55 PM
I'm sorry if this has been posted already; can't find it through searching the forums:

Some way of setting the speed bar permanently so I don't always have to hit the correct key three times to get rid of it completely? Or at least set it to the type of measurement I prefer, i.e. MPH instead of KPH?

Regardless, Thank You to TD for your current, past, and upcoming work on IL2!

Whacker
03-24-2012, 11:33 PM
I'm sorry if this has been posted already; can't find it through searching the forums:

Some way of setting the speed bar permanently so I don't always have to hit the correct key three times to get rid of it completely? Or at least set it to the type of measurement I prefer, i.e. MPH instead of KPH?

Regardless, Thank You to TD for your current, past, and upcoming work on IL2!

Had the same thought earlier today, and I'll take it one step further. I set the speed bar to whatever measurement system my current plane uses.

If the game could remember speedbar settings per aircraft, like it remembers which loadout you selected in the quick mission builder, that would be most excellent.

Lagarto
03-25-2012, 07:40 AM
Some way of setting the speed bar permanently so I don't always have to hit the correct key three times to get rid of it completely?

+1!

harryRIEDL
03-25-2012, 12:05 PM
Had the same thought earlier today, and I'll take it one step further. I set the speed bar to whatever measurement system my current plane uses.

If the game could remember speedbar settings per aircraft, like it remembers which loadout you selected in the quick mission builder, that would be most excellent.
Like that idea a lot so simple and straightforward

-=MadCat=-
03-26-2012, 01:45 PM
Some small objects for the FMB
- Lights in blue and yellow
- Pylons such as those at the Reno Air Races

SaQSoN
03-26-2012, 02:17 PM
- Pylons such as those at the Reno Air Races

What's wrong with the existing ones?

-=MadCat=-
03-26-2012, 03:51 PM
The reno pylons stand only about 50 ft tall (Home pylon little taller).

IIrc the game's race pylons are somewhat about 160 ft tall.
They work, no doubt, but as I work on a reno race course for several years now (little tweaks here and there, continueing to put in more detail, and the lack of time, and with very much time inbetween, thus the "years"), it always bugged me to not have the correct pylons.

It's a little detail and in no way "needed" for the game, besides that there might be VERY few others who'd like to see such an object.

But its "4-12 wish list", so why not express this little wish ^^

Luno13
03-26-2012, 08:40 PM
A Reno map to go with them would be pretty sweet :)

Bearcat
03-26-2012, 09:25 PM
This may already exist .. but how about a way to set the default speedbar (as in mph,kph,tias etc) in the config file. At one time there was a mod for this.. I think it was either FC or the guy who made the by directional radiator mod ... I can't remember his name to save my life.. but there was a HUD mod I think it was called.. that allowed you to do that and you could set it in the config file.. That would be another great feature that shouldn't be too much trouble to add.. also how about the openable canopy thingy on more planes. There was one that conflicted with some other mods.. but if it were added to the stock sim .. I know that is a small thing that to many may seem inconsequential but those are the nice little touches that keep this sim so great IMO.

fruitbat
03-26-2012, 10:58 PM
I'm guessing that this will be next to impossible to do, but it would be great if when you are flying western allied planes, the maps/grids were in miles and the icons (if using) in yards.

Be a real nice touch, its a bit of a pain when flying in a SEOW or something similar, your gauges are in mph, but the grids are in km, especially doing blue water nav.

Just a dream i know.....

_RAAF_Smouch
03-26-2012, 11:47 PM
Not sure if it has been mentioned before,

In FMB have the ability to make AI aircraft be placed in/near hangars, spawn points and then taxi out to the runway to take off.

HOSTIL
03-28-2012, 06:31 PM
Link to videos about guncameras. Images are better then words. Please, watch the video and see il2 weapons are weak for destroy.

Against airplanes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ec4tz1awEQ&feature=related

Against ground:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x13uGSD-5k&feature=related

Cordially,

Flanker1985
03-28-2012, 09:07 PM
Wow!! This company is opening ask their fans for wish list?!!!
YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!! I hope Bioware can do the same for Mass Effect 3 endings.

OK, I'll participate here too. OK, here it goes.
My wish for later version of the game are:

1: Since the current game already has 6 axis for the TrackIR, I hope Developing team can consider to give us the realistic bombsight for Pe-2

2: Realistic Mixture control

3: Tu-2 flyable

4: Realistic bomber crewman option for multiplayer. So we can let the forward gunner to be the bombardier.

5: The Soviet DGen campaign is not complete, after you take the Lvov back, the next campaign is Berlin. What about the liberation of Poland? Hungry? Romania? Yugoslavia?

6: The 3 Axis power, Italy is the only one which does not have a DGen Campaign of its own. Can we have a Italy campaign, please?

7: Full Britain DGen Campaign, from North African to Operation Touch to Sicily landing to Liberation of Italy.

8: Beaufighter flyable, I mean the version with defencive gunner.

9: New high resolution detailed Lavochkin fighters models and cockpit models.

Thanks for consideration. Thanks a lot, much appreciated.

Katier
03-29-2012, 12:00 AM
The area I feel is lacking is UK/USA fliable bombers.

So my wishlist is pretty simple.

Mosquito BIV
Wellington MKX and GR Mark XIV
Avro Lancaster BI BI/III(special - Bouncing and Earthquake configurations)
B17 (any)
Ju88 C/G NF

Ace1staller
03-31-2012, 02:21 AM
The area I feel is lacking is UK/USA fliable bombers.

So my wishlist is pretty simple.

Mosquito BIV
Wellington MKX and GR Mark XIV
Avro Lancaster BI BI/III(special - Bouncing and Earthquake configurations)
B17 (any)
Ju88 C/G NF

Actually the B-24 is being built actually so there is a flyable bomber US bomber in 4.12 and also I agree that we would need to strength the weaponary stuff. To me, it seems it takes a hundred to a million bullets to take down a plane.

IceFire
03-31-2012, 02:42 AM
Actually the B-24 is being built actually so there is a flyable bomber US bomber in 4.12 and also I agree that we would need to strength the weaponary stuff. To me, it seems it takes a hundred to a million bullets to take down a plane.

You keep saying that... lets see a track of it taking that many :)

Pershing
03-31-2012, 05:25 AM
1) More options for ground AI-units (tanks and vehicle's platoons). Especially for distances between units in formation, type of formation, open fire range, speed, attaching/detaching units (to each other) and so on.

2) Triggers for ground units (for advanced battle logic)

3) Some new ground units
- Platoons, companies and other smaller groups of infantery (to get them into "trenches")
- Self-propelled artellery (like Wespe, Hummel, Priest & other).
- Platoons of APC (for example SdKfz 251)

4) Night fight things like "Lichtenstein", "Ground service - Pilot" communication system, flare bombs and everything..

5) More maps
- Poland
- Belorussia
- Northern Germany with Denmark and Norway
- Holland

P-38L
03-31-2012, 06:37 AM
Hello pilots
I have a few good ideas to be implemented on the next update.

1. The R/R/R (Rarm/Refuel/Repair) option will give to the game a more "life" and realism.

2. Weather or climatology:
2.1.Variable random weather in the middle of a mission.
2.2. The wind is a very important fact in the game. Wind can change any time no matter the weather.
2.3. When raining, the runway should be slippery.
2.4. Since you can have mirror (inside the cockpit), this could be a very good idea to have puddles on the runway reflecting the objects (e.g.: airplanes, trees, building, etc.).

3. Pilot head movements:
3.1. With the new options that you can see the head movements of your colleagues, the gunners should have the same effect. I fly with 7 friends in a local network, some of them are my gunners (B-25), others are my wing men and the rest my "enemies". The gunners don't have this privilege.
3.2. Since you can "move" your head (mouse, TrackIR or other devices), should be implemented the possibility to put your head outside your cockpit to taxi in a better way and realism.

4. Vehicles:
4.1. When you area in FMB and want to have vehicles (cars and/or trucks) they should be put in randomize movement within a specific area to have more "life" and realism and at night they turn on their lights.

5. The AI Aircraft doesn't are affected by torque, the only one to have this great effect is the TB-3 (the bomber with four engines). In take off, is beautifl to see this lady dealing with torque and is very good effect. The rest of the AI airplanes doesn't have it.

I think some of this ideas can be implemented on the next updates or give a new ideas to develop other good stuff.

Thank you.

Katier
03-31-2012, 01:16 PM
To me, it seems it takes a hundred to a million bullets to take down a plane.

*chuckles* bit off target.. but seems about right to me...

Hit the right parts and down she goes, which is how it was in the war, especially with .50 and .303 bullets which relied on either hitting something vital ( crew/engine/turning the tanks to sieves) than blowing the thing apart. Shoot a B17 with 20mm or 30mm and if it takes more than half a dozen your doing it wrong!!!

Ace1staller
03-31-2012, 01:53 PM
*chuckles* bit off target.. but seems about right to me...

Hit the right parts and down she goes, which is how it was in the war, especially with .50 and .303 bullets which relied on either hitting something vital ( crew/engine/turning the tanks to sieves) than blowing the thing apart. Shoot a B17 with 20mm or 30mm and if it takes more than half a dozen your doing it wrong!!!

Thanks Katier :)

Also I would like to see some german projects like:

the Me-328 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_Me_328

The Me-264 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Me_264

The Fw-300 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focke-Wulf_Fw_300

The Junkers 290 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junkers_Ju_290

magot
03-31-2012, 10:09 PM
@Katier
- Wellington early version is on the way, but only AI is planned
- B-17 as flyable is in wip, but still more work to do
- Lancaster not started, I hope that will be later
rest nope

@Pershing

3) I had wip a Nashorn anti-tank hunter, never finished, maybe one day (it´s a type Hummel but with other AT gun)
4) who know :)
5) Western Europe map in future ...
(Bohmen und Mahren - Czech map is on the way, near Poland)

rest nope

@P-38L

- Refuel&Rearm one day can be, repair no.

Luno13
04-01-2012, 04:05 AM
Thanks for the update!:grin:

Anton88
04-01-2012, 06:14 AM
Team D: :shock:

What is the update status on Torpedo planes like B5N, B6N, TBF-1, TBM...
Will we ever have them as flyable?--

also how hard is it to incorporate new planes into the dynamic campaign, does that involve creating a new Dgen?
(I tried adding your new planes, [like the Fokker, Pe-8, Il-4, Hs-129] to the game campaign but was not able to get this to work :()

:!::!:

one more question: - Can ships be sunk by gunfire - and if not, can you add this to the Simulation?

thanks ---