PDA

View Full Version : DRM in Warriors of the North?

Mygaffer
01-20-2012, 10:15 AM
OK, let me start out by saying I hate DRM. In fact if a game uses too draconian of a DRM scheme I will refuse to pay money for it.

King's Bounty: The Legend was great, in fact I decided to support this wonderful game and the great developer, I bought it on Steam and I bought it on gog.com. Steam has only Steamworks, which I am ok with, and gog.com's version is completely DRM free, which I am even happier about.

So, I bought Crossworlds on Steam, after activation limits were assured to not be there, but it was never released on gog.com. I guarantee you if you guys were to release Crossworlds on gog.com, even today, I would certainly buy a second copy!

Which brings me to Warriors of the North. Please, please to stop me from buying this game. Do not punish your paying customers. If you want to prevent the casual copy with a lic. key and media that is hard to copy, fine. But please no Starfoce, no activation limits, none of this baloney. Use Steamworks, it works very well and is not too restrictive on the end user. Better yet take a stand and release on gog.com. I would pay full price on launch if it was on gog.com DRM free.

So if you can, please tell us what DRM you plan to use, if any.

Thanks

Nike-it
01-20-2012, 10:21 AM
It's early to say about the DRM as this question wasn't discussed yet. Probably there will be some. This info will be available closer to the release.

Roman
01-21-2012, 06:39 AM
For my part, I don't mind some forms of DRM too much, but I loathe others. For example, disc checks are fine by me. What I refuse to pay for is any kind of game with online-based DRM, because then I feel I would be loaning a game with an expiry date, rather than buying it. Online DRM makes the activation of the game dependent on the continued existence/running of the activation server, which is unacceptable to me and I have passed on buying many an otherwise good game for this reason.

Mygaffer
04-03-2012, 03:29 AM
It's early to say about the DRM as this question wasn't discussed yet. Probably there will be some. This info will be available closer to the release.

You guys should look at GOG.com as an outlet. Talk to the CD Projekt guys at least.