PDA

View Full Version : Warbirds of Prey Server Starting up

wildwillie
01-02-2012, 01:39 PM
All -

I have finally got the new server commander software in a good enough shape to run missions and track stats. (Will post it all later in the week for everyone to use)

Server is: Spits vs 109s - Clod

The objective of the server will be the same as our other servers (Objective based missions)

I am looking for missions to run on the server, and mission builders to help out.

Currently I have 3 missions

Bof - Early mission from the list of missions from Alteros(?) maybe
Dunkirk - Basics of a mission, still needs work
BoB - More advanced mission

WildWillie

Otto_Bann
01-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Great! Thanks WW

Ps: No 109 Jabo flyable on the 1st map tested? And in the two others missions???

Red Dragon-DK
01-02-2012, 09:09 PM
1+

Sounds great.

CaptainDoggles
01-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Is GunRunner still adminning your servers?

5./JG27.Farber
01-02-2012, 09:31 PM
Welcome aboard the Cliffs of Dover Express! - finally... :-P

wildwillie
01-02-2012, 10:58 PM
Is GunRunner still adminning your servers?

Yes he is admining the IL2 European theatre servers(Spits vs 109s and Spits vs 109s Mods). Not sure how much admining he will be doing on our Cliffs of Dover server though.

WildWillie

5./JG27.Farber
01-02-2012, 11:27 PM
Sounds good.

CaptainDoggles
01-02-2012, 11:40 PM
Yes he is admining the IL2 European theatre servers(Spits vs 109s and Spits vs 109s Mods). Not sure how much admining he will be doing on our Cliffs of Dover server though.

WildWillie

Sounds good.

Yeah, if GunRunner administrates the CLOD server I won't be flying there.

28_Condor
01-02-2012, 11:57 PM
S!

Very good news, Willie!

The stats will be managed by FBDj?

5./JG27.Farber
01-03-2012, 12:49 AM
Yeah, if GunRunner administrates the CLOD server I won't be flying there.

WW said he wont be doing the Cliffs of Dover server... Im not informed to why this is bad..

SYN_Repent
01-03-2012, 09:22 AM
now this is a piece of good news

BGs_Ricky
01-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Looking forward to fly there :grin:

Ataros
01-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Congrats!

Please find attached latest BoF and Steppe missions. Feel free to use and edit if you like them.

Looking forward to server commander.

SYN_Jed
01-03-2012, 09:57 AM
Might even try and reinstall the damn thing for this!

jojovtx
01-03-2012, 10:52 AM
WW said he wont be doing the Cliffs of Dover server... Im not informed to why this is bad..

It's not bad. He is a good person whom I've know from WoP for quite a long while. If you do not follow the rules, grief, or generally be an ass then he without hesitation handles the situation. A man of the rules, for the rules, by the rules. Sometimes it is not handled in the most personable manner but it at least gets handled.

And awesome news about WoP joining us over here at CloD. An excellent addition to the community.

Vyper
01-03-2012, 04:53 PM
Now this is good news. Look forward to joining your server. Your Il2 servers are the only ones I've found enjoyable.

kestrel79
01-03-2012, 10:19 PM
Now this is good news. Look forward to joining your server. Your Il2 servers are the only ones I've found enjoyable.

This. My brother and I only flew Spits vs 109s and Zeke vs Wildcat servers in IL2 on Hyperlobby. Great missions, lots to do for bomber and fighter pilots. I hope you still have the full switch realism settings?

wildwillie
01-04-2012, 12:09 AM
Yes we still have full switch settings.

Also as for our Admins go, RAF238thGunRunner has been with Warbirds of Prey longer than I have and that has been a while. Like him or hate him, he is a fixture there. He does his best to be fair and level headed in his decisions. As mentioned earlier, if you follow the rules and don't mouth off too much there is no problem.

The Engine management takes some getting used to. (The Ground crew for my Blenhiem is about to frag me for frying sooo many engines...)

We have just posted the Stats pages (Part of the IL2ClodCommander program)

http://www.warbirdsofprey.org/index.php?page=codstats

there are still some issues to be worked out. And I need to write up some documentation on the whole works, but it is finally getting into use. I should have the program posted here later in the week.

Also we are just starting out with our missions. A few of you have already given me some Missions that I am incorporating into the rotation (Thank you Ataros and 5./JG27.Farber!!)

Some of the other missions (Any of them done by me at least) are not up to par with the missions we have been producing for years on Spits and Zekes. It will take us a little while to get the hang of things. Blue has already figured out how to win the Bof Mission easily. The game itself still has some limitations on which objects are reported being destroyed so there is a learning curve.

~S~

WildWillie

Richie
01-04-2012, 10:11 AM
Thanks Willie for pulling this off.

StkNRdr
01-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Congrats on the new addition!! May it be healthy and grow.

_VR_Stick