PDA

View Full Version : IL2Coop: A co-op lobby for IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

41Sqn_Banks
12-16-2011, 08:36 AM
Edit:

Here we go:
Download: http://code.google.com/p/il2coop/downloads/list
User's Guide: http://code.google.com/p/il2coop/wiki/UserGuide

Simply unzip the archive somewhere below the user missions folder (e.g. "C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\missions\Multi\Co-Op"). Load the mission, start the battle and choose a army.
You are placed into a dummy aircraft. By default the dummys are some Blenheims and Heinkels without guns and fuel, just in case some idiots try to start a riot while waiting for the mission start ;). If you like you can edit the IL2Coop.mis within the FMB to choose different aircraft types.

Now you can open the mission order menu and select a mission. Use menu entry 8 or 9 to scroll the list.
After a mission was selected you can select an aircraft and position (pilot, gunner, ...). Again use menu entry 8 and 9 to scroll the list.
Now you can start the mission.

Client players only can select an aircraft and position.

Known issues:
- I'm not sure if it is working for clients already, there was no one around to test it ;)
- Not all dummy aircrafts are destroyed when mission is started
- So far I didn't convert the group and aircraft names to more pretty text.
- The army selection doesn't influence the list of available aircrafts. This means you can choose RAF but can select a LW aircraft for the mission.

Source code of course in the archive but also available online here: http://code.google.com/p/il2coop/source/browse/trunk/IL2Coop/IL2Coop/IL2Coop.cs

Initial post before edit:

Ok I have an idea.

It is not possible to build a ingame COOP GUI ourself at the moment (really I know what I'm talking about). But it would be possible to create a web-base coop lobby that allows users to register for one of the aircrafts of the mission and that will force the user into that aircraft once the mission is loaded and the player is connected.

Here's how it goes:

1. The host has to upload the mission file to a web service (via browser). The web service parses the mission file and creates a coop lobby for this mission that shows all available aircraft.
2. Users can access this lobby via browser (the host has to distribute the url of the lobby) and register their steam-callsign to one of the aircrafts.
3. When everyone has registered the host gets a .cs script from the web service that contains all necessary scripting to force the user with the particular steam callsign into the registered aircraft.
4. The host has to place the .cs file into the folder with the mission file.
5. The host then opens the server and loads the mission.
6. The users connect and are forced into their aircraft by the script.
Option: The host loads a dummy map until all users connected, he then post-loads the actual mission. Again the script forces all connected users into their aircraft. This guarantees that the mission is in it's initial state.

I'm open for sugguestions.

Ataros
12-16-2011, 09:32 AM
I'm open for suggestions. I will start working on it if the next patch doesn't solve the coop issue on the large BOB map.

Thank you for suggesting help with this.

Is such a web service available or who will maintain it? I am sure hosts will not bother finding or creating such a service because everyone in this thread wants an easy solution.

I have 2 suggestions if you do not mind:
1) in case such a web service is easily available (it can work only if there is one central service for everyone like HL was imo)
Can the procedure you described be automated? I.e. host loads his main mission via TAB-4 menu like in Mission Loader here http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=28056 . Players can connect to the host at the same time. Then host loads actual COOP submission. The mission script itself does all the rest (contacts web service, etc.) E.g. stillborn's statistics is uploaded to a server by his mission automatically (web-address end password are included into the script).

2) no web service
Maybe it would be much less complicated just to improve naryv's coop script to meet all the demands mentioned above. Yes, there will be no GUI, but it can be still easier then going to a web-service every time before starting a mission .
It is possible to make naryv's script more user friendly I think, e.g:
- not force players into an unwanted aircraft (actually place them into it but then remove them from it next second)
- make plane selection in menu more logical and simple: fighter/bomber, type, location, mission type, etc. But not airgroup long-names like in naryv's example.
- maybe combine the script with the Mission Loader mentioned above. A host will just have to put all coop missions into a specific folder. Actually such a script with a set of coop missions can be installed on a dedicated server and players themselves will select/vote which coop to fly next. Community can create a mission library for such servers.
- include briefing and debriefing functionality

The only issue with naryv's script I see is it has no support or clear readme because it is only an initial example that needs to be improved further. That is why it frightens some players/hosts. If you could improve it, it will have much more credibility and trust.

Can some sort of a coop script become a part of your DCE online mode?

edit: It would be great if squads can join a server running your DCE and select a coop to fly through the menu. Coops may be scheduled to every 30 minutes to have more people participating in each one.
Small_Bee plans to add ordering bomber missions possibility for fighter squads into his R1 mission. Probably the opposing side will have some intel on incoming flight and can launch an intercept mission. This is better than strictly limited coop in old IL-2 style imo. I prefer WWII Online system when officers (experienced players) post missions (coops if you like) in a dogfight server environment and players can select which mission (coop) to join within the server itself.

41Sqn_Banks
12-16-2011, 09:50 AM
Oh wow, didn't think about that. Improving navyrs coop script would be even easier.

The host has to load the "coop lobby mission". There the host can preselect the mission he want's to open via the TAB-4 menu (the script offers all folders and missions within the regular "missions" folder).

Now the connecting clients are forced into a dummy aircraft that is part of the "coop lobby mission" where they can choose their aircraft for the preselected mission via the TAB-4 menu.

When everyone is ready the host then loads the preselected mission via the TAB-4 menu.

The script post-loads the mission and forces the users into the aircraft they have selected.

It would be very easy to set up: The host only has to have the "coop lobby mission", which he only needs to download once. No scripting required for the host.

I thinks thats the way to go. It should be possible to create a "coop lobby mission" in a few hours of work.

Untamo
12-16-2011, 09:56 AM
Excellent bumping of heads happening! "Proceed" ;)

Ataros
12-16-2011, 10:30 AM
I thinks thats the way to go. It should be possible to create a "coop lobby mission" in a few hours of work.

Great! Thank you very much!

41Sqn_Banks
12-16-2011, 09:48 PM
I just did a successful test of the lobby mission. It's not finished though, I need to handle large amounts of mission files and aircrafts as the TAB+4 menu is limited to 10 entries.

41Sqn_Banks
12-17-2011, 03:53 PM
Ok almost done. Works very nice so far.

ACE-OF-ACES
12-17-2011, 11:41 PM
Ok almost done. Works very nice so far.keep us posted! I know alot of folks that would kiss you for this!! ;)

41Sqn_Banks
12-17-2011, 11:52 PM
Here we go: http://code.google.com/p/il2coop/downloads/list

Simply unzip the archive somewhere below the user missions folder (e.g. "C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\missions\Multi\Co-Op"). Load the mission, start the battle and choose a army.
You are placed into a dummy aircraft. By default the dummys are some Blenheims and Heinkels without guns and fuel, just in case some idiots try to start a riot while waiting for the mission start ;). If you like you can edit the IL2Coop.mis within the FMB to choose different aircraft types.

Now you can open the mission order menu and select a mission. Use menu entry 8 or 9 to scroll the list.
After a mission was selected you can select an aircraft and position (pilot, gunner, ...). Again use menu entry 8 and 9 to scroll the list.

Known issues:
- I'm not sure if it is working for clients already, there was no one around to test it ;)
- The army selection doesn't influence the list of available aircrafts. This means you can choose RAF but can select a LW aircraft for the mission.

Source code of course in the archive but also available online here: http://code.google.com/p/il2coop/source/browse/trunk/IL2Coop/IL2Coop/IL2Coop.cs

41Sqn_Banks
12-18-2011, 12:53 AM
Thank you, must have missed the list :)

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=362618&postcount=1

Ready Room Check (0.1.0.5)
Clients
1. Select aircraft Check (0.1.0.5)
2. Arm aircraft
3. Ready up Check (0.1.0.6)

Host sees clients Check (0.1.0.6)
1. Selected aircraft Check (0.1.0.5)
2. Ready status Check (0.1.0.6)
3. Launch mission (start battle) when all ready. Check (0.1.0.5)

With the proviso.
All aircraft ready for take off as mission is launched with All pilots starting at the same time. Check (0.1.0.5)

Debriefing Room
1. Pilots mission results points or shared kills.
2. Pilots status , captured landed killed etc etc
3. Mission results territory or red/blue won

Close mission

Also the option to reload a mission without closing the Coop Server, all the Mission Load does is continue the current mission. Check (0.1.0.5)

I'd like to add:

- Read Mission briefing
- Host can kick client

41Sqn_Banks
12-18-2011, 01:41 AM
New version 0.1.0.6 available: http://code.google.com/p/il2coop/downloads/list

The new version allows to "ready up" and features a overview over the players to see the ready status and the selected aircraft of each player.

LoBiSoMeM
12-18-2011, 02:55 AM
I really hate co-op because i always felt that all AI in TODAY standards regards home computers are really stupid in combat flight sims.

But voted YES, because some like it!

;)

KG26_Alpha
12-18-2011, 12:43 PM

The new version allows to "ready up" and features a overview over the players to see the ready status and the selected aircraft of each player.

Testing.............

I really hate co-op because i always felt that all AI in TODAY standards regards home computers are really stupid in combat flight sims.

But voted YES, because some like it!

;)

Not all CooPs have AI.

Its the CooP interface and mission handling that make CooP preferred choice for online wars and squads.

Ataros
12-18-2011, 02:34 PM

Thank you very much! Could you please include a readme.txt explaining how to use the coop lobby into the archive?

EDIT. In case a mission-maker forgets to put AI on idle, could the host-script do this itself? E.g. prohibit AI takeoff before all players are ready?
Is it possible to join a mission in progress and take a seat in one of AI planes? This should be a server-side option I think configurable in some sort of .ini or .txt file.

Tigertooo
12-19-2011, 09:27 AM
Here we go: http://code.google.com/p/il2coop/downloads/list

Known issues:

Hi Banks,
2 questions
-Can you telll why there are some 12 or more dummy's? Can't it be done with
one dummy?
-what do you mean with "use menu entry 8 and 9 to scroll the list" ? don't have a clue.
I'm very interested in your project. S!

41Sqn_Banks
12-19-2011, 09:50 AM
Hi Banks,
2 questions
-Can you telll why there are some 12 or more dummy's? Can't it be done with
one dummy?
-what do you mean with "use menu entry 8 and 9 to scroll the list" ? don't have a clue.
I'm very interested in your project. S!

One dummy is not enough as the host and every client needs a free place to be able to access the mission order menu. It would be possible to create the dummy aircraft on demand, i.e. create a dummy if a new client connects that needs a place. For simplicity I used a reasonable amount of fixed dummys to support a large number of clients. To support the displaying of the briefing I think I'll need to create the dummy aircraft on demand to assign them the correct briefing. But this will be in a later release.

The mission menu is limited to 9 entries per "page". For example if you want to select the aircraft, however the mission features 10 aircraft the list of aircrafts has to be split into 2 "pages" to be able to access all aircraft. Therefore the "select aircraft" and "select mission" menu have the entries "8. Page up" and "9 . Page down" to scroll betwenn the different pages. The entry "0. Cancel" is the default entry to go a level up in the previous menu.

Example:

-- Page 1 --
1. Aircraft A (Spitfire)
2. Aircraft B (Spitfire)
3. Aircraft C (Spitfire)
4. Aircraft I (Ju 87)
5. Aircraft J (Ju 87)
6. Aircraft K (Ju 87)
7. Aircraft L (Ju 87)
8. Page Up
9. Page Down

0. Cancle

-- Page 2 -- (displayed if you pressed "9. Page Down")
1. Aircraft M (Ju 87)
2. Aircraft N (Ju 87)
3. Aircraft O (Ju 87)

8. Page Up
9. Page Down

0. Cancel

41Sqn_Banks
12-19-2011, 10:44 AM
http://code.google.com/p/il2coop/

Download:
http://code.google.com/p/il2coop/downloads/list

5./JG27.Farber
12-19-2011, 10:48 AM
Interesting! :-p

41Sqn_Banks
12-19-2011, 01:28 PM
Thank you very much! Could you please include a readme.txt explaining how to use the coop lobby into the archive?

EDIT. In case a mission-maker forgets to put AI on idle, could the host-script do this itself? E.g. prohibit AI takeoff before all players are ready?
Is it possible to join a mission in progress and take a seat in one of AI planes? This should be a server-side option I think configurable in some sort of .ini or .txt file.

Yes readme will be included in future. I think I may even create a installer.

About setting the AI on idle: Definitly possible with really small effort. However ... setting the group on idle is not a good idea if it has airstart and is used by human pilots. The AI will circle around the first waypoint, but the human pilots will already fly around. Thats why the aircrafts are selected in the "lobby mission" before the mission starts. So there is no need to set them on idle.

To join in progress could be made possible. Maybe I can read the values from the difficulty setting to determine if it is allowed. I think I also could make it possible to be able to rejoin into the same aircraft if a client disconnected due to timeout/launcher crash.

I also have some ideas how to make it possible to read the briefing from within the "lobby mission".

But well ... it's time to fly some coops first :)

Tigertooo
12-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Thanks Banks,
a bit enlightenent so far but standing by for further progress
thanks again,

Tigertooo
12-19-2011, 07:02 PM
btw, what server are you flying in?

41Sqn_Banks
12-19-2011, 08:19 PM
I tested today and found some strange behavior after the players were moved into the mission aircraft, e.g.:
- Host: Prop pitch and Radiator didn't work until I activated the autopilot for a second
- Client: Autopilot was enabled initialy, if deactivated the engine couldn't be started (oil and water temp. was at 0°C, not ambient temp)

Can anyone confirm this? Or even better has someone an idea to solve this?

@Tigertooo: Not much public online flying in the last weeks. The launcher crash is really annoying ... hopefully after the next patch I'll be at ATAG or III/JG27 more frequently.

Tigertooo
12-19-2011, 08:54 PM
thnx Banks

41Sqn_Banks
12-20-2011, 07:37 AM
I compared my code with that of Navyr and I assume the reason for the mentioned problems is that I call the Player.Place() method in the OnActorCreated method, which could be to early.

I will delay it by some seconds to see if it helps.

Ataros
12-20-2011, 09:10 AM
I remember there was a bug in naryv's script. Either a player could not take control if joined in progress, or AI did not take control is player ALT-F2 from the aircraft or a player could not take control after re-enter the aircraft again after ALT-F2. The bug depended on whether autopilot or plane switching was enabled in difficulty settings. Sorry, do not remember more precisely. I think naryv said that autopilot must be disabled on the server to fix it.

41Sqn_Banks
12-20-2011, 09:26 AM
I remember there was a bug in naryv's script. Either a player could not take control if joined in progress, or AI did not take control is player ALT-F2 from the aircraft or a player could not take control after re-enter the aircraft again after ALT-F2. The bug depended on whether autopilot or plane switching was enabled in difficulty settings. Sorry, do not remember more precisely. I think naryv said that autopilot must be disabled on the server to fix it.

Thank you, that sound reasonable. I had autopilot enabled, not sure about plane switch. I will test with autopilot disabled and report back.

KG26_Alpha
12-20-2011, 05:29 PM
IIRC

You needed Auto enable with that script.

Pato Salvaje
12-20-2011, 05:54 PM
Awesome work!
I´m going to test this scrip and also the mission loader script in our server for coop missions.
Keep it coming!

41Sqn_Banks
12-21-2011, 11:59 PM
New version available: http://code.google.com/p/il2coop/downloads/list

IL2Coop-0.2.0.15 fixes the host and client problems, no strange behaviour any more:
- Controls (Prop pitch, radiator) now work correct for the host
- Clients can start the engine as regular (engine temp is also normal)

The script finally works as intended.

There is no need to have AI control enabled in realism settings.

The reason for the strange behaviour was timing related. Obviously there has to be some time between mission loading that contains the aircraft, aircraft creation and the assignment of a player to that aircraft. I added a delay after the mission loading and the assignment of 3sec. which solved all the problems.

Tigertooo
12-22-2011, 08:33 AM
thnx Banks,will try

Ataros
12-22-2011, 10:41 AM
Thank you!

I think it is worth to copy here

Originally Posted by robtek View Post
And when the mission has a airstart?
Wasn't that what starfire missed.Absolutely no problem. The actual mission is loaded when the host starts the mission from within the "lobby mission". At this time the players have already selected their aircraft. When the mission finished loading they are placed into the flying aircraft. Also gunners and and other positions are working fine.

So when he actual mission is loaded it is in it's initial state, all air groups and ground groups are at their intial position.
Thus this lobby allows to run missions with airstart.

Should a mission-maker put all aircraft on idle or the script does it for him?

41Sqn_Banks
12-22-2011, 10:59 AM
Thank you!

I think it is worth to copy here

Thus this lobby allows to run missions with airstart.

Should a mission-maker put all aircraft on idle or the script does it for him?

Yes airstart is possible. No need to put them on idle or any other adjustment in the mission is necessary, for example you can use any single player mission. The mission commences when the host selects the "Start mission" from mission menu, at this time the players have preselected their aircraft and are ready to go.

Note that the support of delayed spawning of player air groups will be supported later (a feature that was not possible in old IL2).

*In fact the script sets every air group on idle until all players are placed into their aircraft to prevent the AI from starting the engine.

41Sqn_Banks
12-22-2011, 11:07 AM
A rudimentary User's Guide is now available: http://code.google.com/p/il2coop/wiki/UserGuide

Ataros
12-22-2011, 11:11 AM
What happens between COOPs if players want to fly several small training coops one by one? Should there be a 'Stop coop' command that brings everyone back to dummy planes?

Another case is if the same mission is loaded again there should be options maybe to quickly fly it without reselecting planes and with reselecting planes if anyone wants to change something.

These are smaller details however. I think more feedback is needed from people who actually like to fly COOPs: KG26_Alpha, BPickles, furbs and others from this thread http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=28429 (if they really want to fly COOPs).

PS. Another question I have if this script is compatible with HyperLobby? If yes, maybe some of COOP fans will announce a COOP-night in HyperLobby to gather 16+ people to fly missions once a week at least?

41Sqn_Banks
12-22-2011, 11:27 AM
What happens between COOPs if players want to fly several small training coops one by one? Should there be a 'Stop coop' command that brings everyone back to dummy planes?

Yes this is a problem at the moment. For example if the host player dies he cannot access the order menu and thus cannot restart the mission. Dead players or newly connecting should be moved into dummy aircraft again. Also players that had a timeout should be able to reconnect and be placed into their aircraft again.

Another case is if the same mission is loaded again there should be options maybe to quickly fly it without reselecting planes and with reselecting planes if anyone wants to change something.

This is already included. See the post here: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=372163&postcount=138
Yes no loading time between the mission. Also as long as the host doesn't change the selected mission the aircraft selections of the players stay the same. So when you finished the mission the host simply can "Stop mission" and "Start mission" again and it restart with the same same selection. So a takeoff crash doesn't cause any much delay anymore, the host simply starts again and everything is like before.

The only drawback is that the time and weather is not used from the loaded mission but from the lobby mission and the briefing is not available from within the lobby.

These are smaller details however. I think more feedback is needed from people who actually like to fly COOPs: KG26_Alpha, BPickles, furbs and others from this thread http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=28429 (if they really want to fly COOPs).

I think the really basic features are now included but as always there is room for improvements :) Thinks like:
- Limit available missions to the map of the lobby (using a "steppe" coop on "channel" map is not a good idea)
- Briefing
- Reconnect
- Restart
- Delayed spawning
- Dead host
is not handled at the moment but can and will be solved.

PS. Another question I have if this script is compatible with HyperLobby? If yes, maybe some of COOP fans will announce a COOP-night in HyperLobby to gather 16+ people to fly missions once a week at least?

I don't see any problems with the use of hyperlobby.

Ataros
12-22-2011, 12:15 PM
A rudimentary User's Guide is now available: http://code.google.com/p/il2coop/wiki/UserGuide

Maybe it should include recommendation to switch "Show flight path" ON in difficulty settings while there is no briefings.

Naryv mentioned that briefings are loaded with every submission. They can be accessed via ESC >> briefing or inflight in the Map >> RMB click >> Show briefing. There are different types of briefings and the Group one is airgroup specific and overwrites side briefing if available.

Maybe the lobby should just display "Open Map >> RMB click >> "Show briefing" to see mission objectives" OnMissionLoaded. However if it is possible to pause loaded submission right after load it may say "Hit ESC and switch to briefing screen to see mission objectives".

BH_woodstock
12-22-2011, 03:02 PM
has anyone tried to host coops in hyperlobby?would it change anything when u use lobby coop settings?maybe worth a try,I dont know.

Ataros
12-23-2011, 10:12 AM
Thanks guys for this, I'm going to spend some free time designing some historic missions over the next week. Hope to see some interest in the lobbies when complete. I'll post here when I'm ready.

~S! :)

If there is a way to run this script on a dedicated server we can try running your missions on Repka #2 I think.

Let's say if there are no players on the server, a new mission will be loaded every hour. Thus players would know that 5 minutes to an hour they can connect, select planes and get ready. If 1 or more persons are ready for the mission on each side, the mission starts. Join in process should be allowed though. Instead of host selecting a mission, players may vote for one. When one mission is over players will vote for a new one and start it not waiting till the end of an hour.

Just some ideas for future possibilities.

Buster_Dee
12-23-2011, 01:16 PM
I just downloaded and tried it out as a host. I can navigate to the Coop mission in the MP/Coop menu. But, in the Orders Menu, I can't select Mission. It is "greyed out." Me and my old brother are salivating for some coop expressly dumbed down for our old reflexes :)

Thanks for this.

41Sqn_Banks
12-23-2011, 04:11 PM
I just downloaded and tried it out as a host. I can navigate to the Coop mission in the MP/Coop menu. But, in the Orders Menu, I can't select Mission. It is "greyed out." Me and my old brother are salivating for some coop expressly dumbed down for our old reflexes :)

Thanks for this.

You did:
- open load the IL2Coop.mis (check that the IL2Coop.cs file is in the same folder as the .mis file)
- started the battle
- selected an army and
- were placed into a Blenheim, right?

If you did the following steps and the mission menu is "greyed out", can you please provide the log.txt so I can see what kind of error occurred.

Which language version of Windows and CoD are you running?

Buster_Dee
12-23-2011, 04:53 PM
I'm running "English" version of current (patched) CoD on Windows 7 Ult 64 bit. Both .cs and .mis files are in My Docs/1CSoftClub/IL2 CoD/missions/Multi/Co-Op. I was able to access the mission by starting Server or creating in Lobby (not sure which I was supposed to try it through). In both cases, I can find the coop mission, load it up, pic a side, spawn in a "dummy" plane (Blenheim of HE-111), and Tab to the Menus. Then, everything BUT Missions seems to cause something to happen (radio calls seem to jive with action). But, selecting 4 (Mission) doesn't do anything, and the color of that selection is darker than the others having the same color (so I assumed it is greyed out).

I see lots of log.txt in Steam logs. Is it one of those?

41Sqn_Banks
12-23-2011, 05:03 PM
I'm running "English" version of current (patched) CoD on Windows 7 Ult 64 bit. Both .cs and .mis files are in My Docs/1CSoftClub/IL2 CoD/missions/Multi/Co-Op. I was able to access the mission by starting Server or creating in Lobby (not sure which I was supposed to try it through). In both cases, I can find the coop mission, load it up, pic a side, spawn in a "dummy" plane (Blenheim of HE-111), and Tab to the Menus. Then, everything BUT Missions seems to cause something to happen (radio calls seem to jive with action). But, selecting 4 (Mission) doesn't do anything, and the color of that selection is darker than the others having the same color (so I assumed it is greyed out).

I see lots of log.txt in Steam logs. Is it one of those?

I'm listing all .mis files within or below this folder: "My Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\missions", however as the mission menu is already greyed out there must have gone something wrong.

To get the log:

First check your conf.ini in your ""My Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\" folder, there must be the following entries:

LOG=1
LOGTIME=1
LOGFILE=log.txt
LOGKEEP=1

Then after you've player a file "log.txt" in the same folder contains the log entries. Maybe it enable by default and already there.

The entries from the last test are enough, check the time of the lines.

Thanks for your help :)

Buster_Dee
12-23-2011, 10:15 PM
It was not enabled, so 1st and only log. Looks like it did not even log the mission select command. I tried the other commands after no effet loading mission (seems to have only logged the radio silence command):

------------ BEGIN log session -------------
[18:15:28] Loading mission ...
[18:15:30]
[18:15:30] =================================================
[18:15:30] System.Exception: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Users\Buster\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache\9529813873818143684.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
[18:15:30] at LB33FuQ4EXuxyJPZ68D.GrT31TQ99wLitevXpuS.Xi734IyswC Q(String , Int32 )
[18:15:30]
[18:15:30] System.Exception: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Users\Buster\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache\9529813873818143684.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
[18:15:30] at LB33FuQ4EXuxyJPZ68D.GrT31TQ99wLitevXpuS.Xi734IyswC Q(String , Int32 )
[18:15:30] at 4YQguDGg7WLABsU9pm3.T8Lw4SGw95gwTxUSs13.ySFG6YYvRQ bIruAHfae(Object , Int32 )
[18:15:30] at 4YQguDGg7WLABsU9pm3.T8Lw4SGw95gwTxUSs13.sWbmrit6GT (dL3MgPdYLnmRhd1hBIK )
[18:15:30] Load landscape...
[18:15:39] Load bridges
[18:15:39] LongBridge: wrong width. (3)
[18:15:40] Load static objects...
[18:15:51] Mission loaded. time = 22.842
[18:15:55] Battle starting...[18:15:55] Server: Battle begins!
[18:15:55] ok
[18:15:57] Server: buster_dee will fly for the Red forces.
[18:16:38] Order 'Maintain_Radio_Silence' RUN
[18:17:27] Server: The battle ends.
[18:17:32] NOT Destroyed actor: e40nRumWubHfA3gPCiI.h7LahLmVcZuiZk94t4i
[18:17:32] NOT Destroyed actors = 9
[23/12/2011 18:17:32] -------------- END log session -------------

41Sqn_Banks
12-23-2011, 11:12 PM
There is no reason visible why the menu is not shown.

Could you delete your cache? All files in "C:\Users\Buster\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache" except the "shaders" folder.

Also worth a try would be to load the IL2Coop.mis from the single player menu.

If all of this doesn't help I'll add some debug message to the script to see what is happening (or better what is not happening).

41Sqn_Banks
12-24-2011, 07:03 AM
Has anyone else used tested it so far? Is it working or are there similar problems like Buster_Dee has?

Ataros
12-24-2011, 11:15 AM
Has anyone else used tested it so far? Is it working or are there similar problems like Buster_Dee has?

It works for me. I think it is worth including installation readme into the archive. I followed the instructions carefully step by step and could fly even offline missions in coop-mode (as host).

Some inconveniences I experienced:

- long lists of aircraft. Is it possible to add a structured submenues, e.g. first select Bf-109/He-111, then select airgroup and then aircraft (or airfield location and then aircraft)

- long missions list. Same as above, folder structure would help I think. Or do not list all the mission but only those placed in missions/IL2COOP/coop_missions/... (subfolders possible).

- confusing aircraft names. Internal BoB aircraft names are frightening to users I think (or airgroups names - whatever shows in menu now is less user-friendly even than CloD GUI :) ).

- "stop battle" did not stop the flight, but then "start battle" started a new mission (after selecting one). Thus it is possible to fly multiple coops without the need to exit to 2D GUI and reload the map again then.

- "3. Not ready" is not consistent with above 2 points which show status, not command. Maybe change to "3. Status: Ready. Select again to change."

What happens if 2 players select the same aircraft simultaneously? Can the script handle it?

Thank you for your hard and careful work.

@ All Could you please upload your favourite coop missions or offline missions that are more or less balanced and therefore can be played as coops for testing. maybe in a new separate thread.

The fact that any offline mission can be flown as coop with this script is very encouraging.

Ataros
12-24-2011, 11:19 AM
I can navigate to the Coop mission in the MP/Coop menu. But, in the Orders Menu, I can't select Mission.

What mission do you mean? IL2Coop.mis or other? Provide step by step details of what you did to start the mission please and we can track the missing step I hope. It is really easy if follow the readme.

Buster_Dee
12-25-2011, 03:43 AM
I unzipped IL2Coop.cs and IL2Coop.mis and placed them both in Docs/1CSoftClub/IL2 CoD/missions/Multi/Co-op.

In game, I select:
Multiplayer,
Server,
Options to: Security unchecked, 32 players, Core.100, bob.100 > hit ok
Double click yellow "circle/wings" icon
Double click Multi
Double click Coop
Highlight IL2Coop.mis, then click Select
In map, no airfield symbols active, so I click Start Battle
I pick a side (Brit last time)
I try to select a position from list, but my name stays below list. so, I double click one of the Blenheim Pilot slots.
In Blenheim 'pit, I wait for graphics to settle down, then press TAB
Press 4, nothing happens.

Steam started breaking connection, so I'll try again later.

Oh, I tried clearing cache and single player as well. No change. Please don't think I'm assuming problem is yours. I'm well aware it may be operator error. Thanks for the help.

41Sqn_Banks
12-25-2011, 07:41 AM
I try to select a position from list, but my name stays below list. so, I double click one of the Blenheim Pilot slots.

Hello, I think there is the reason why the menu is not working. You should not need to select a position yourself, the script is supposed to do that for you after you've selected a army (the menu should actually close and you'd see the cockpit after you've selected a army). As there is no script error in the log I assume that the script is not running at all.

Unfortunatly I have no idea how this can happen. Maybe download the files again and place them in a different folder (there is no need to place them in the Co-op folder, only somewhere below the missions folder).

Ataros
12-25-2011, 10:31 AM
I agree. Make sure the .cs file is in the same directory as .mis file and has the same name.

Also try playing with difficulty settings. Especially try autopilot and ground start allowed/disabled. Then plane switching and other switching options in the same square should be unchecked (allowed). I guess if plane switching is prohibited, the script may not work.

BTW does the script work if planes in a host's submission are located outside of 20 km. radius from a player's dummy plane?

Buster_Dee
12-25-2011, 01:02 PM
Ok, problem is on my end. I remember now that I've never been able to run missions that I downloaded that used scripts. For whatever reason, my AV or my system settings won't allow it. Can this game be run as an administrator?

41Sqn_Banks
12-25-2011, 01:22 PM
I agree. Make sure the .cs file is in the same directory as .mis file and has the same name.

Also try playing with difficulty settings. Especially try autopilot and ground start allowed/disabled. Then plane switching and other switching options in the same square should be unchecked (allowed). I guess if plane switching is prohibited, the script may not work.

BTW does the script work if planes in a host's submission are located outside of 20 km. radius from a player's dummy plane?

There is no need to enable plane switching or any of the switching options. Also the selected aircraft can be outside of the 20km radius.

Ok, problem is on my end. I remember now that I've never been able to run missions that I downloaded that used scripts. For whatever reason, my AV or my system settings won't allow it. Can this game be run as an administrator?

Never heard of this before. Would be interesting how this can be solved as I'm sure there are many other players with that issue.

Buster_Dee
12-25-2011, 01:26 PM
Running as Administrator didn't change anything.

41Sqn_Banks
12-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Which Windows version do you have?

Ataros
12-25-2011, 07:41 PM
Can it be an anti-virus feature? I have both Steam and Documents/1C Softclub folders added to all exclusions lists (for various real-time filters) of my Avast to speed up performance.

41Sqn_Banks
12-25-2011, 09:00 PM
Can it be an anti-virus feature? I have both Steam and Documents/1C Softclub folders added to all exclusions lists (for various real-time filters) of my Avast to speed up performance.

If it is blocked by anti-virus tool there might be a entry in the log of the anti-virus tool about the blocking.

Buster_Dee
12-28-2011, 05:56 AM
Which Windows version do you have?

Sorry. Windows 7 Ultimate.

ATAG_Bliss
12-28-2011, 08:23 AM
I'd try reinstalling NET framework from windows.

LeadTurn_SD
12-31-2011, 08:39 PM
Thank you, must have missed the list :)

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=362618&postcount=1

I'd like to add:

- Read Mission briefing
- Host can kick client

A quick THANK YOU!! for this script, 41Sqn_Banks!

We (our small coop group) just discovered this, wow!!

1.) Being able to read the Mission Briefing would be terrific, if possible
2.) Having the host able to choose time of day and cloud amount would be fantistic (if possible!).... I've made a work-around for our small group by making several versions of the IL2Coop script with different time & cloud amount, and this does work fine.

Again, thanks for this!

Best wishes.

LeadTurn

41Sqn_Banks
01-01-2012, 08:21 AM
A quick THANK YOU!! for this script, 41Sqn_Banks!

We (our small coop group) just discovered this, wow!!

1.) Being able to read the Mission Briefing would be terrific, if possible
2.) Having the host able to choose time of day and cloud amount would be fantistic (if possible!).... I've made a work-around for our small group by making several versions of the IL2Coop script with different time & cloud amount, and this does work fine.

Again, thanks for this!

Best wishes.

LeadTurn

Make the briefing readable after plane selection is technically possible.

I think so far there is no way know how to change time and weather from a mission script. I have some ideas but I can't quarantee that they will work. But the work-around with the different versions of the lobby mission was also in my mind.

Anyway your post motivates me to put again some effort in it. I didn't know that someone was using it :)

Pato Salvaje
01-02-2012, 07:30 AM
Yes, we are testing it!
I´m testing it in a dedi server for a next mission coop. In the next days I´ll post my thoughs.

Please Banks, Keep the work in it, and thank you very much for your efforts.

41Sqn_Banks
01-04-2012, 12:19 PM
I've completely rewritten most of the code in the last days and not all features are completed so far. However this is that the next release will feature:

- It allows to run several missions at the same time. Players first select the mission and then one of the aircraft of the mission.

- When a new mission is initiated by the host the aircraft of the missions are preloaded, this means they are idle and without fuel on the airfield (aircraft with air start are spawned on a random airfield, aircraft that spawn by script are also spawned). When a player selects an aircraft he is placed in the preloaded aircraft. This allows him to read the briefing.

- When one of the preloaded missions is started the preloaded aircraft are removed and the mission is loaded. The players are placed into the preselected aircraft. Of course aircraft with air start are supported. Also aircraft that spawn delayed by script are supported, the players are placed as soon as the aircraft is spawned.

- Players can select missions that are pending (the mission is only preloaded) and running (the mission normally loaded). This allows players to jump into a mission that is already in progress because they were late or to continue a mission after a game crash.

I will also include a automatism that allows to run a dedicated server that loads for example to preload a random mission from a folder every 15 minute and starts the mission after 15minutes. So you have always several missions in progress and one mission that is pending.

Pato Salvaje
01-04-2012, 01:58 PM
Great news Banks!!!

I´m waiting for this release!!

Thank you for your Work!!

Ataros
01-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Great news! Thank you.

LeadTurn_SD
01-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Thanks for all of the work you are putting into this, 41Sqn_Banks!

I (and our small coop group) don't frequent the forums that much, so we were lucky to have "stumbled" across your work. As an FYI, our core squadron has flown together in a variety of combat sims since meeting on JCN in Janes Fighters Anthology, 14 years ago!

We (our group), and others like us who prefer pure coop missions over "dogfight arenas" may be a quickly shrinking minority, but "we" are still out there!!

So for us, having a somewhat-functional coop experience (thanks largely to your work!) is a very BIG deal, and will help keep CoD on our harddrives.

Best wishes.

[URU]BlackFox
01-05-2012, 10:24 AM
Great job!

Nitrous
01-05-2012, 03:54 PM
Great Job Banks.

Anyone got any coops for this mod?

LeadTurn_SD
01-05-2012, 07:51 PM
Great Job Banks.

Anyone got any coops for this mod?

I have several that will work. All for the Channel Map. I'm beginning work on a "historical" mission set that can be flown for either side, based on the daily reports at the official RAF historical site.

Having said that.... most any mission should work with 41Sqn_Banks' "IL2Coop" mission. Remember, his mission is acting as a "portal" to allow the Clients to join the Host in the 3D mission "world", then the Host can select the mission that is actually going to be flown, then Host and Clients can pick the aircraft they wish to fly from a list....

I've only tested missions that do not have any other scripts attached to them so far; but any basic mission should work, as long as there are flyable planes in it for humans to enter....

We've confirmed that in addition to flyable planes, spawn points can be placed, and humans that are "killed" can choose to either respawn into another surviving aircraft, or can spawn into a new aircraft at a spawn point (but the mission designer needs to correctly place the spawn points).

I'll look into posting the coop missions we've tested with 41Sqn_Banks' lobby when I get home from work this evening.

NOTE: This wonderful work by 41Sqn_Banks does not "fix" any of the current problems with CoD, solve world hunger, or fix the economy... but it has the potential to make coop-nuts like me very happy :D

Best wishes.

Ataros
01-06-2012, 10:07 AM
solve world hunger, or fix the economy...

Can we add this to a wishlist?

LeadTurn_SD
01-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Here are two links for missions our small group has been flying recently:

Here are several missions:

http://www.sdsquad.com/index.php?topic=2437.msg2952#msg2952

And here are several variations of the basic "IL2Coop" lobby mission, that allow flying at various times of day and with various levels of cloud cover:

http://www.sdsquad.com/index.php?topic=2439.0

Here are the instuctions I have regarding the variations on the standard "IL2Coop" lobby mission:

The standard "IL2Coop" lobby mission has 12:00 and Light Clouds as the default "atmosphere" that gets passed to the missions you launch from the "Lobby" mission.

A temporary work-around is to make variations of of the IL2Coop lobby with different times and cloud levels.

I've made "lobbies" with the following times and weather conditions:

0600 Clear, 0600 Light, and 0600 Medium clouds
0900 Clear, 0900 Light, and 0900 Medium clouds
1200 Clear, 1200 Light, and 1200 Medium clouds
1500 Clear, 1500 Light, and 1500 Medium clouds
1800 Clear, 1800 Light, and 1800 Medium clouds

To keep these Lobby missions from cluttering up your regular coop mission folder, I recommend (thanks Cirrus) a separate folder just for the lobby missions. As Cirrus pointed out to me, once CoD is finally "fixed", you can just delete that folder.

I've uploaded the variations on the standard Lobby mission, and if you want you can just remove the entire folder from it's "zipper" and place it in your missions directory.

Mine looks like this:

C:\Users\Ed\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\missions\Multi\CoopLobby

Best wishes.

Ataros
01-07-2012, 11:26 AM
Here are two links for missions our small group has been flying recently:

Thanks for sharing. Did you manage to start a mission via HyperLobby? I am sure some would prefer to do it this way. If it is possible we can announce a coop night in HL for everyone to join.

LeadTurn_SD
01-08-2012, 09:07 PM
Thanks for sharing. Did you manage to start a mission via HyperLobby? I am sure some would prefer to do it this way. If it is possible we can announce a coop night in HL for everyone to join.

Our small group does not use Hyperlobby, just the in-game multiplayer connection (for all of the flight sims we fly together).

I tried downloading & installing Hyperlobby (the current non-beta version) and CoD does not seem to be supported.

There does appear to be a beta version supporting CoD, but with some "issues"???

Someone who is more "fluent" in Hyperlobby might want to test the concept.... I have not used Hyperlobby in years, and any errors I find could easily be "user errors" due to my lack of knowledge.

Again, 41Sqn_Banks' lobby has worked for us when we connect via the in game multiplayer screen... I don't know enough about Hyperlobby to be able to test it properly there.

Sorry!

Best wishes.

Dai-San
02-18-2012, 08:51 PM
Could someone please post up an idiots guide to what the HOST has to do, then what the CLIENT has to do to use this mod please.

We are new to COD and as the host I am unsure if you need to start a server or a lobby from the MP screen.

If you are the client do you have to DIRECT connect or should you see the server/lobby?

The user guide unfortunately isn't idiot proof and i must be an idiot :razz:

So a step by step guide would be great.

Cheers

41Sqn_Banks
02-18-2012, 09:01 PM
This is more a general question and not "mod" related, however this is what worked for me: The host opens a lobby and waits till a couple of player entered the lobby. Then the host starts the server and loads the mission. The clients obviously can enter the lobby or use direct connect if they know the ip address of the server.

Dai-San
02-19-2012, 09:29 AM
This is more a general question and not "mod" related, however this is what worked for me: The host opens a lobby and waits till a couple of player entered the lobby. Then the host starts the server and loads the mission. The clients obviously can enter the lobby or use direct connect if they know the ip address of the server.

Thanks for the reply Banks but I know how to start a lobby or server in COD, I mean once I have done that we are having problems starting YOUR mod.

I don't actually understand the correct sequence to start a CO-OP game.

WHEN do the CLIENTS join (at what stage) etc.

41Sqn_Banks
02-19-2012, 01:13 PM
Clients can join as soon as the server is running. After the host has chosen a mission ("Select Mission") the clients and the host can use "Select Aircraft" to choose one.

After all players have chosen an aircraft the host calls "Start Mission".

daduck
03-09-2012, 05:21 PM
having similar problem, can start server players can join but cant select aircraft.
any ideas what im doing wrong

41Sqn_Banks
03-09-2012, 05:24 PM
I will look at the issue in the next days and release a new version soon. It's almost ready, basically needs some more testing.

LeadTurn_SD
03-10-2012, 01:26 AM
41Sqn_Banks,

Thanks for your continued work with this lobby.

I can confirm that an occasional mission will not allow clients to join. However, most of the missions I've built (with the lobby in mind) have worked just fine.

So, at least in my case, it seems to just be something in the mission that interacts with the lobby.... I have no idea what, since there were nothing really different in how I built the missions. Most worked, one or two did not.

Again, thanks for your hard work.

Best wishes.

BH_woodstock
03-27-2012, 03:46 PM
think about this,what does il2 1946 have that Cliffs of Dover dont??A meeting place!!!A community where pilots can talk, chat, and compare fps,settings,etc..If i dont see pilots in servers just like most are saying here.i either play single player or join the most populated one i can find and usually will fly for a bit, get bored and move on to another game.CloD does NOT have a meeting place!!
Il2 would NOT have survived 10 years without it.1st we had UBI lobby wich was an ok starting point for muiltyplayer experience.Then one day I found Hyperlobby and never looked back, not even once.In my opinion and this is "just" my opinion with all the support that HL has with the community CloD would be far more advanced and fixed and a lot more players if everyone would use a lobby or meeting place such as HL.Am i trying to endorse Hyperlobby? Yes i am.Lets give credit where it is due.Il2 would not have survived this long with out a community.Cliffs of Dover NEVER should have went with "Steam"...It "should" have went to the place where it belongs with a more dedicated community.And i am NOT just saying this because of myself being part of HL staff. "CloD" should have had hyperlobby on the box cover NOT steam.What it all comes down to is that CloD needs more than just a "server" list.it needs friends a common meeting ground, a place to thrive!

can i get an Amen??

BH_woodstock
HYPER/STAFF

amd dual core 5400+
6gb ram
gtx460se
Win7 Ultimate
MSSWFF2 (stick)
Trackir

FYI:Hyperlobby is up and ready to fly Dover

BH_woodstock
03-27-2012, 08:00 PM
@ 41Sqn_Banks

very sorry sir,did not intentionally mean to step on your post here with your coop lobby project.

Nephris
03-28-2012, 12:03 PM
What is the deal about Hyperlobby & Banks Coop Script?
It is meant to be sth complete different.
The script is just about to start a Coop ingame, load different misisons etc pp.

The HL is on a differnent track, the Hyperlobby serves to find players, and to create a game in a working coop envirenment.But atm we dont got a working coop envirenment like in Il2.At that point the Coop-Lobby by banks hops in.

BH_woodstock
03-28-2012, 02:14 PM
What is the deal about Hyperlobby & Banks Coop Script?
It is meant to be sth complete different.
The script is just about to start a Coop ingame, load different misisons etc pp.

The HL is on a differnent track, the Hyperlobby serves to find players, and to create a game in a working coop envirenment.But atm we dont got a working coop envirenment like in Il2.At that point the Coop-Lobby by banks hops in.

exactly why i apologized Nephris.clean your glasses

Nephris
03-29-2012, 01:13 PM
exactly why i apologized Nephris.clean your glasses
No reason to offend. Maybe you should clean ya ones first.
There wasnt either a reason to apologize for ya, as i guess ya just misundertood the sense of the lobby,but well dont let us the thread go offtopic.

Palex
04-15-2012, 09:17 PM
Hi, I cant see "Army select" when load IL2Coop.mis....any ideas what im doing wrong??
Salute!!!

Ataros
04-15-2012, 11:33 PM
Hi, I cant see "Army select" when load IL2Coop.mis....any ideas what im doing wrong??
Salute!!!

Make sure you allow Side switching (and other settings in the same box) in difficulty/realism settings in game control panel.

Ataros
04-17-2012, 06:49 PM
Initial post before edit:

Ok I have an idea.

It is not possible to build a ingame COOP GUI ourself at the moment (really I know what I'm talking about). But it would be possible to create a web-base coop lobby that allows users to register for one of the aircrafts of the mission and that will force the user into that aircraft once the mission is loaded and the player is connected.

Here's how it goes:

1. The host has to upload the mission file to a web service (via browser). The web service parses the mission file and creates a coop lobby for this mission that shows all available aircraft.
2. Users can access this lobby via browser (the host has to distribute the url of the lobby) and register their steam-callsign to one of the aircrafts.
3. When everyone has registered the host gets a .cs script from the web service that contains all necessary scripting to force the user with the particular steam callsign into the registered aircraft.
4. The host has to place the .cs file into the folder with the mission file.
5. The host then opens the server and loads the mission.
6. The users connect and are forced into their aircraft by the script.
Option: The host loads a dummy map until all users connected, he then post-loads the actual mission. Again the script forces all connected users into their aircraft. This guarantees that the mission is in it's initial state.

I'm open for sugguestions.

Banks, it appears you were right with your original idea. It seems players can not be bothered with more work than a couple of clicks in a GUI.

However an idea of a web-service seems complicated to me too. Can it be a server(host)-side add-in instead?

In case new patch introduces server-side add-ins this should not be a problem at all. In case it does not maybe a small host-side program can serve as a web-server for clients, e.g.:

1. Host stores all coop missions under a certain folder and runs the program.
2. The program parses the missions and creates a copy of COOP-script for each mission :)
3. Host starts one of coop missions.
4. The program checks which mission is started and creates a web-page with aircrafts list, briefing, etc.
5. Clients connect to this web page with a browser @ http:\\host_ip\current_coop.html (is this possible?)
6. Clients select aircrafts, loadouts, fuel etc. on a web-page and click ready.
7. Here a host may need to reload the mission again if players changed loadouts or fuel level, etc. (or the script can do this?) but this is an optional step.
8. Clients connect to the host mission by clicking a Steam link on the web-page (e.g. steam://connect/216.52.148.29:27016 - link to DC to ATAG server) This brings players inside the mission bypassing game menu.
9. Host checks list of players and selects "FLY" command from the Mission Menu.
10. When mission ends the program creates a web-page current_results.html with debriefing/statistics.

This method could be compatible with HyperLobby if HL would send COOP players to the host's web-page for aircraft selection. Should not be a problem.

The advantages are: only host needs the program and only he has to use the mission menu. No need to separately host a web-service, upload and download missions to/from it. Creation of a coop-script is automated. Coop missions can be created without C# scripting.

Optional: The program may be able to parse offline missions/campaigns and save them as coop missions (removing "player" and putting AI on hold).

Possible future developments:

For use with "dogfight" dedicated servers :
Step 1) The program is installed on top of a dedicated server like ATAG and parses submissions run on a server. Players see a list of upcoming submissions at a web-page and can register for a submission as if it is a coop, join the server and fly it as a coop.

Step 2) Squad-leaders registered with the server can select mission type, target, etc. from a set of pre-defined missions and targets (before a dynamic generator is available). Community can contribute new missions to the server which are parsed by the program automatically.

Step 3) When DCE is installed on a server the program may serve as an interface between squad-leaders and the DCE allowing mission planning, etc.

For use with online wars:
The program may communicate with the main war server/engine for current frontline status or download complete generated missions and feed mission results back. Both dedicated "dogfight" servers and individual coop-hosts will be able to run "coop" missions of the same online war synced via this program and main server. Dedicated servers will provide more dynamic environment: 3-4 coops running in the same airspace.

When server-side add-ins are allowed in the game this program can become a part of the game and program GUI will be integrated into the game GUI (made on standard WPF according to the devs).

Does it make sense?

41Sqn_Banks
04-18-2012, 06:58 AM
Yes I think basically this should work. Especially I like the idea to use a steam link to start the game and connect to the mission.

However development effort is greatly increased.

The "good news" is that I desperately need a convenient solution for IL2DCE. Even if the aircraft selection is fixed one day, it's to inflexible for my demands (I have to be able to add additional information to each aircraft that include the current state) and could only server as a temporary solution. The last days I thought about using chat messages for IL2DCE instead of mission menu (if I ever find a way to react on chat messages in script), but chat is again text based without fancy buttons.
Serverside addin has the problem that even if I would get them working they wouldn't work on the dedicated server (at least I have no clue at all on how to activate them).

So good that you bring up the idea with the webinterface again, actually this should solve the remaining problems of IL2DCE. The new ideas for IL2DCE already feature a webinterface anyway for commander/planer and as a map overview, the new requirement is now that it servers as a login mechanism for pilots.
The solution for regular coop should be a side product.

Ataros
04-18-2012, 08:31 AM
Serverside addin has the problem that even if I would get them working they wouldn't work on the dedicated server (at least I have no clue at all on how to activate them).

One of the devs, Mihanik, once mentioned that creation of a server-side add-in that overwrites interface of connecting clients should not be a problem "because interface is done using standard WPF".

Then there was info from Small_Bee who work on SeaLion mission for R1 (dedicated server), stat and commander that MP add-ins do not work yet.

Then Small_Bee said that he was in touch with naryv about this via PM and MP add-ins should come with a patch.

Let's hope the patch brings server-side add-ins. If not maybe you would want to PM naryv or Small_bee about this @ sukhoi.ru .

It is a pity not many C# literate people are helping you with DCE and coop projects. Maybe it is worth trying to form a small dev team asking for volunteers in the FMB section. Even original IL-2 online wars were a joined effort of several people usually. Some worked on statistics, some on generator, some on web interface, parsers, etc. (BTW Small_Bee's statistics is almost ready, he will make it publicly available hopefully in a couple of months.) I mean it may be good idea if you join forces with Kodiak, salmo, hc_wolf and others active in the FMB section. I am sure at least someone will be eager to help if you ask. There could be even some newcomers who will be glad to learn from you while working on DCE projects I guess.

SG1_Lud
04-19-2012, 07:35 AM
Ataros, do you think that a new project in Redmine can be a solution? I mean, for gathering the FMB team together. With the help of albx, it could be tuned to meet the specific needs, and I see advantages as now the devs are fully aware of the Il2 bugtracker.

Ataros
04-19-2012, 08:12 AM
Ataros, do you think that a new project in Redmine can be a solution? I mean, for gathering the FMB team together. With the help of albx, it could be tuned to meet the specific needs, and I see advantages as now the devs are fully aware of the Il2 bugtracker.

Banks is one of admins there and can create a new project. It is more difficult to gather 3 - 4 C# literate volunteers who can participate on regular basis I guess. Anyone? :)

adonys
04-19-2012, 01:51 PM
I can do it.

I've also suggested that the IL2COOp code should be merged with the IL2DCE, both on the il2bugtracker and on IL2DCE's project developer forum.

The reasons for this are in there.

Ataros
04-19-2012, 02:45 PM
I can do it.

Thanks for offering! I hope you can get in touch with Banks and work out something together. Hopefully others join later.

Edit:
Added this to the tracker coop entry:
Additional functionality suggestion:
COOP menu may be as well a part of ordinary MP menu (a separate screen of it available in 'dogfight' environment too).

- player joins a standard 'dogfight' server
- within this server the player switches to COOP menu screen
- the player sees a list of upcoming submissions (COOPs) scheduled by the server script, selects one, registers for it, selects aircraft, loadout, etc.
- while waiting for the COOP to start the player may switch back to dogfight menu, spawn an aircraft and fly a quick sortie
- 3 minutes before coop start the player sees a notification with a countdown, lands or bails out and enters coop menu to join the mission. If he is late for the mission he can be forced into the aircraft he was registered for by the game (server side setting).

Squads flying training missions can use it too: join the host, switch to coop menu, select the mission and fly.

UPD: To summarise, both 'dogfight' and 'coop' GUI screens should be available on all servers. If a host/server loads a mission with spawnpoints, the 'dogfight' screen will be the main menu screen but 'coop' menu screen will be accessible as a separate page. If a host loads a mission without spawnpoints, the 'coop' GUI screen will be the main screen, but 'dogfight' screen will be accessible as a separate page (in case spawnpoints are created by script at a later stage).

JG5_emil
05-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Hi Banks

I am playing around with your coop lobby in the hope that I will be able to make some simple 4v4 or 8v8 coops to fight against another squad.

Am I right to assume there is no way for the players to change their loadouts or fuel amount once they pick their aircraft?

If so I guess I can get them to email me the load outs and I can build them in to the mission in FMB?

Cheers

E

Ataros
05-11-2012, 08:14 PM
As far as I know loadouts in coops and well as in SP missions and campaigns are built in a mission file (to have historically accurate loadouts).

41Sqn_Banks
05-12-2012, 03:40 AM
No its not possible. As said the loadouts are defined in the mission file. It would technically be possible to let the "squadron leader" edit the mission through the menu before it is loaded. I would have to extend the menu for this, which would be in case of loadouts a lot of work (I would have to add any loadout options for every aircraft type). However even this wouldn't allow individual loadouts per aircraft, only for the whole air group.

JG5_emil
05-12-2012, 04:04 AM
Thanks for the replies.

I could get a standardised load out for both squads and build it in to the mission instead.

Cheers

[J4F]Thunder666
10-06-2012, 03:58 PM
thanks for the great script!

have just tested it in the lobby. For the server, it works fine.
The client sits in the same dummy as the host only as a shooter. But he has no radio menu. So he can not select aircraft.
I see it but in the player list in the radio menu.
Tells you that something?

regards