PDA

View Full Version : Game will not launch!

HMantoo
12-18-2011, 02:59 PM
RE; Cliffs of Dover:
After a grueling 18 hour download (Steam), the game will not launch. All I get is a graphic of an orange aiming reticle with a plane in the sight for a few seconds and then nothing happens. I think I have all the correct specs re: RAM and CPU, but maybe it's my VCard which is a robust NVidia 5600 FX which runs all my other IL 2 games just fine. Any answers for me, please?

Thanks

HMan

PS The game doesn't even show up on the Ubisoft support site

JG52Uther
12-18-2011, 06:54 PM
Can you post your full system specs please.

5./JG27.Farber
12-21-2011, 05:16 PM
RE; Cliffs of Dover:
After a grueling 18 hour download (Steam), the game will not launch. All I get is a graphic of an orange aiming reticle with a plane in the sight for a few seconds and then nothing happens. I think I have all the correct specs re: RAM and CPU, but maybe it's my VCard which is a robust NVidia 5600 FX which runs all my other IL 2 games just fine. Any answers for me, please?

Thanks

HMan

PS The game doesn't even show up on the Ubisoft support site

Fisrt initialisation takes a good few minutes, not being funny but are you giving it time before ctl alt del?

ATAG_MajorBorris
12-26-2011, 06:17 PM
I bought that card 10 years ago to replace my "aging" GeForce 4600 Ti, as it turned out, the 4600 ti was better...$300 down the tubes...oh well

I hated its performance with il2 and later got a 7900gt that worked ok.

Im not sure 5600fx is supported in cod though.

prouha007
12-29-2011, 09:38 AM
sorry for my bad english...french!
help me ,the game stay locked every time on the target golden
with Version 1.0.14072 and 1.0.14380 (I really do not remember the numbers) works perfectly ubisoft logo video and game launch!.
after this version ( the v1.04.145... v1.05.15...) logo golden cpu locked to 25% after 20 minutes nothing :confused::confused::confused:
tryed install the v1.03.15527 bug the same!
compile the beta patch 1.03.15527 with maddox.dll and gamepages.dll of the version v1.0.14380...game launch but say in game 1.04.14380 strange no?
since 14380 this 2 versions of .dll block my game on logo :evil:
.net ok
drivers ok
seven64 ,i7 8 giga ram, crossfire hd6870 ect...
deleted "files documents" idem reinstall the game 3 times..idem reinstall .net vcredist ect...(microsoft .com) directx ect...idem :evil:
other version is in steam v1.05.15950..install reinstall idem :evil:
what is happening?????
help help help please.

silvirus
01-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Hi everyone,

Unfortunately I experience the same problems as the thread starter. I recently bought CoD during the Steam sale and I'm not able to start the game. The only thing I get to see is that yellow plane logo (and that only for a part of a second - the launcher then stops working and disappears from the task manager).

I already installed manually all included redist packages (at least .NET and DirectX - the included VC redist was already outdated and a newer one installed).
I also deinstalled/reinstalled CoD at least three times. After every reinstallation I let Steam check the game cache integerity (which seemed to be ok).
I tried to start the launcher.exe in compatibility/admin mode.
I deleted all xxx.ini in the accordant My documents folder as well as I emptied the shader folder.
And so on ... nothing worked so far.

Honestly, I am at my wits' end (I can't remember, even in nearly 25 years of PC gaming, that something like that happened before - not that there never were problems with other games before, but at least after a while I was always able to figure out what the problem caused). So hopefully, one of you or the C1 guys could help me with my problem (actually our problem, since, though apperently not very common, a few more gamers are affected by this problem (if you're googling)).

My system:
Windows 7 (64bit)
Intel i7 920
NV GF 480GTX
18gb RAM

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,

RickRuski
01-13-2012, 12:51 AM
Have just had a similar problem myself. CoD has been running fine but after a M/S update "Launcher.exe" failed and program shut down to D/T. Tried re-instal of Cod and Steam with no effect. Then tried system restore and every thing came right again. Looks like a faulty M/S update had caused the problem. Waiting now to see if M/S sends down another up date and if that causes the same problem.

Rick

Ataros
01-13-2012, 09:23 PM
@ silvirus
Try reinstalling all (4?) programs from the /redist/ folder, video drivers (try earlier versions for your card), chipset drivers. Your system should run it with Win7-64 at least.

Try set default clocks if you overclocked anything. Make sure your PSU is not dying and provides adecuate power to your video card. CloD loads your card at 100%.

Try changing conf.ini to run in a window for testing.

Disable Steam ingame overlay in Steam and change Steam hotkey fror overlay to something else, IIRC 2 keys should be fine like Shift-Tab or Ctrl-Tab. Default key may cause crashes.

RickRuski
02-14-2012, 06:32 PM
Here's a copy of my reply to another post regarding re-install of CoD, hope this helps others.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm one of those that has unistalled and re-installed CoD mainly because I had "Launcher" problems that a lot of us have been troubled by. Everything going ok so I decided to remove some nolonger required programs from my PC then I started having "Launcher not working" when trying to get CoD started. Tried to get suggestions to fix it from steam support but everything they suggested didn't work. A re-install of SP1 with W7 finally got every thing working again ok. My only assumption is that during the unistall process of the unwanted programs that some shared Dll's were removed and the re-install of SP1 fixed the missing Dll's. Supprisingly I now seem to have slightly smoother game play and a small fps increase.

Rick