PDA

View Full Version : Washed out ground colours, looks really odd

Mysticpuma
12-07-2011, 06:32 AM
Why is the ground so 'washed out' in appearance? It looks like a Pastel sketch.

http://s11.postimage.org/9i5b430yb/image.jpg

Is this the current terrain colour and if so, is it expected to be changed again for the next patch?

Cheers, MP

namroob
12-07-2011, 02:37 PM
I think it's OK - I've flown a lot on fine days in the UK summer (and fine weather is the standard at present for Clod) and it's nearly always hazy. Colours of the ground are usually bright and clear on wet and windy days!

kakkola
12-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Everytime i fly with WOP and than i fly with COD i think.......
Oh my god colors in COD are horrible!!!!
I know that WOP is no that realistic(cem)and also that greenish filter but its still fun to fly and nice to look around from cockpit!
I hope with new patch for COD will have better colors

This is just my opinion.

Cheers!!

reflected
12-07-2011, 03:50 PM
MP, that's my screenshot, and I adjusted it in photoshop. The whole look of the game needs a lot more contrast though.

Mysticpuma
12-09-2011, 02:08 PM
agree completely reflected. I started the RAF campaign the other day and was disappointed by how dull the ground looked. I don't expect Wings of Prey lusciousness but currently the ground in CloD looks like someone has painted ith with a brush of depression and taken away all life from it.

Cheers, MP

TomcatViP
12-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Flying high with the sun at the zenith, the UK landscape look like more of a northern Arabic countries than around teh channel.

I completely agree with you MP. What' is funny s that at sunset the color are perfectly fine (unless a way to clear visibility)

Jaws2002
01-23-2012, 05:34 AM
Most of the beauty in this game was killed off. There's no more water reflections, no more beautiful sun sets, just a washed out grey, murky, buggy mess.
:(

kestrel79
01-23-2012, 02:32 PM
In the last patch they seemed to wash out the terrain colors a little more during the day, to give more of that haze effect you see from the air. While it's not perfect, I think is a step up from the Shrek ground we used to have during the day. The downside to this is the really pretty sunsets and sunrises are now gone, as well as the cockpits look a little washed out as well.

recoilfx
01-23-2012, 02:38 PM
France side looks pretty good though , so i think they bunked the England textures - the lighting is improved but textures still need some work.