PDA

View Full Version : Minor UI/Control Improvements I'd like

Shardur
12-03-2011, 08:48 AM
Hi I have a few minor improvements that I would like to have in Game for convenience, however they are not essential and I'm not sure how much work it would be to implement them:

1) A second toggle view button that toggles in reverse direction: wide-mid-close-wide. [This I suspect should be fairly easy to do]

2) The option to define axis directions as buttons, so i could for instance set flaps down to -ZZ (ZZ standing in for all possible axis) and flaps up to +ZZ or something like that. Not limited to obvious things like flaps but also the option of setting sunshade to -ZZ and divebreaks on +ZZ (yes for some joysticks that would actually make sense for instance if you have axis that snap back to the 0 position).

3) A seethrough cockpit or external view option that only works on the ground so you can deactivate the normal seethrough cockpit and the external views and still be able to taxi well.

4) I know there was something else but i can't think of it right now... can't have been all that important...

FrankB
12-03-2011, 04:05 PM
Hi I have a few minor improvements that I would like to have in Game for convenience, however they are not essential and I'm not sure how much work it would be to implement them:

1) A second toggle view button that toggles in reverse direction: wide-mid-close-wide. [This I suspect should be fairly easy to do]

Instead of cycling back and forth, isn't it better to simply hit the button that switches you exactly to the view you want to get to?

Anyway, since 4.10 it is possible to have the zoom on a slider (e.g. mouse wheel in my case), which allows you go back and forth as you like...

3) A seethrough cockpit or external view option that only works on the ground so you can deactivate the normal seethrough cockpit and the external views and still be able to taxi well.

I believe this is already implemented - please see the development updates thread:

No Players Own View option:
When this options is enabled, the player cannot view his own plane in external view. However this has one exception. When player is on ground, he still can access the external view for easier taxing. As soon as the player gets airborne, he is forced back to cockpit view.

Pursuivant
12-03-2011, 06:02 PM
No Players Own View option:

This is realistic, as long as you assume invisible ground crew riding on your wing or standing on the ground and signaling.

Shardur
12-04-2011, 02:26 AM
Instead of cycling back and forth, isn't it better to simply hit the button that switches you exactly to the view you want to get to?
[/INDENT]

I need 3 Buttons on the Joystick for that and if i had two cycle buttons that cycle in opposite direction i would only need two.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
12-04-2011, 01:49 PM
There is such option available, 'zoom in' and 'zoom out'... each one has its own key. It does smaller steps of course and isn't directly related to the three default views.

Artist
12-04-2011, 03:16 PM
Shardur,

if you have at least the meanest understanding of programming (such as knowing what If... else... is for ;)), I can recommend Autohotkey (http://www.autohotkey.com/). With that you can easily solve (1) and probably (2), too.

Artist

Shardur
12-06-2011, 09:26 AM
Shardur,

if you have at least the meanest understanding of programming (such as knowing what If... else... is for ;)), I can recommend Autohotkey (http://www.autohotkey.com/). With that you can easily solve (1) and probably (2), too.

Artist

Well my programming knowledge is limited to a bit of rudimentary basic but I'll give it a try. Thanks for the Info about that Program.

As for the IL-2 key binding: Ideally it should look like the ARMA2 key binding. ARMA2 has the best key binding options i have ever seen anywhere.