PDA

View Full Version : Totally overflooded land

Foo'bar
11-19-2011, 12:17 PM
The further I look the wider get ponds and rivers. At far distance there's only totally overflooded land left.

Is it just me or is that a question of the graphics engine wich has to be overhauled?

Tte. Costa
11-19-2011, 12:22 PM
Same here, mixed with yellow color land :(

ElAurens
11-19-2011, 12:39 PM
Hmmm...

Never seen that online, and I had my trusty Hurri to 24,000ft. last night on ATAG's server.

Foo'bar
11-19-2011, 12:46 PM
Perhaps a question of video card and driver?

pupo162
11-19-2011, 12:52 PM
this is the result of lowering land shading option. High, only creates this effect on about 60 km onwards. low makes this effect set up at about 5 km. so a small river, 10 meter wide, suddenly turns into a 1 km wide lake.

Foo'bar
11-19-2011, 12:55 PM
Hard to read but I think I've got it :) My settings are already all high ("Hoch").

pupo162
11-19-2011, 01:07 PM
Hard to read but I think I've got it :) My settings are already all high ("Hoch").

sorry for the bad writing. fixed it.

as i "tried to" said, even if you are maxed out this effect happens eventually in the distance. Try to lower and re - increase land shading option ( typical "have turned off and on the device" aid), too see if it fixes.

Robo.
11-19-2011, 01:08 PM
Hmmm...

Never seen that online, and I had my trusty Hurri to 24,000ft. last night on ATAG's server.

Yeah I've seen you but then the map finished. ATAG looks amazing at that time of the day. ;)

Foo'bar - my rig is pretty much identical to yours (285.62) and I didn't see anything like that. Will check anyway and come back here.

Foo'bar
11-19-2011, 03:19 PM
sorry for the bad writing. fixed it.

as i "tried to" said, even if you are maxed out this effect happens eventually in the distance. Try to lower and re - increase land shading option ( typical "have turned off and on the device" aid), too see if it fixes.

Ok I'll give it a try. Will report after.

@Robo.: same driver version here.

l3uLLDoZeR
11-19-2011, 05:06 PM
Why do you have Grass and Tree's turned on?

Foo'bar
11-19-2011, 05:30 PM
Why do you have Grass and Trees turned on?

Because I like it. I love to see the grass while beeing at ground on air field. I have 40-70 FPS so why should I turn it off?

@pupo162: I've switched landscape shader to low and then switched back to high. I think that it went slightly better - but not much.

JG52Krupi
11-19-2011, 06:09 PM
Why do you have Grass and Tree's turned on?

What an earth... why would he not have them turned on :confused:

l3uLLDoZeR
11-19-2011, 08:28 PM
I've always heard people say the Grass makes the game crash..so I've had that off since day one.

The tree's are useless people can fly through them and hide in them so I just recently turned them off, but now have them back on very low. I guess its silly to have trees if you can't run into them in my mind.

pupo162
11-19-2011, 08:38 PM
Because I like it. I love to see the grass while beeing at ground on air field. I have 40-70 FPS so why should I turn it off?

@pupo162: I've switched landscape shader to low and then switched back to high. I think that it went slightly better - but not much.

Im sorry mate, but the setting who changes this is land detail. try the same procedure for that.

the following print show the 3 stages of evolution of this effect, its always there, but your screens look like the medium setting and not high.

its a big image, and i didnt want to compress it to forum, or image sites requirements.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BFI9GB4Q

IvanK
11-20-2011, 01:39 AM
This flooded effect has been with the Sim since Day 1. At longer ranges The Rivers are so wide they join to appear as large inundated areas. Its independent of graphic settings.

Devs are directly aware of this.

Dano
11-20-2011, 07:50 AM
This has been an issue since release, rivers should get smaller at distance not larger and itis probably my main gripe with the graphics engine. It's like somebody inverted the modifier for them that controls how they are rendered at distance and it looks awful.

Foo'bar
11-20-2011, 01:27 PM
Im sorry mate, but the setting who changes this is land detail. try the same procedure for that.

the following print show the 3 stages of evolution of this effect, its always there, but your screens look like the medium setting and not high.

its a big image, and i didnt want to compress it to forum, or image sites requirements.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BFI9GB4Q

After following your advice it instantly went better :) Thank you. Though the fps rate went down by 10-15 now.

TomcatViP
11-20-2011, 02:50 PM
The tree's are useless people can fly through them and hide in them so I just recently turned them off, but now have them back on very low. I guess its silly to have trees if you can't run into them in my mind.

It a sim not RL. Coder are not gods. They can't built a complex world at the perfection. Fairness means that you pretend a flaw is not existing that altogether we can enjoy the game ;)

klem
11-20-2011, 04:47 PM
I get the expanding water problem at a distance too. Always have.
I turn off grass because it causes a fps hit and I can live without it. I turn off ttrees because they are pointless, there's no collision model and a/c hide in them. They are also not very realistic to look at.

pupo162
11-20-2011, 06:15 PM
After following your advice it instantly went better :) Thank you. Though the fps rate went down by 10-15 now.

the fps issue is _"normal" my guess is that you were actually on medium setting tough your in game menu said you are on high. this is one of the msot demanding settings. lets wait for next patch

l3uLLDoZeR
11-20-2011, 06:57 PM
It a sim not RL. Coder are not gods. They can't built a complex world at the perfection. Fairness means that you pretend a flaw is not existing that altogether we can enjoy the game ;)

Yeah I would says flying through trees is a little bit too BIG of a flaw for me to pretend is nonexistent, but thanks anyway!! I didn't ask them to be gods, plenty of other games have trees with a collision model. I really enjoy this game and will happily play with trees when it doesn't give the other players a huge advantage!

You would know better than anyone about that, you cry and accuse people of hacking every time you get : Shot down, out climbed, out turned, out dived, etc.... Maybe you want the advantage so you can hide in the trees.

Back on topic, yea FooBar my rig takes quite a fps hit when I change "Land Detail" from medium to high, but the visibility is much better and worth the fps. Keep grass off and tree's on very low keeps my FPS around 51-55 on average. With a 560ti I have no idea how you're getting 70 fps and everything on high...so share your secret!!

Foo'bar
11-20-2011, 09:26 PM
With a 560ti I have no idea how you're getting 70 fps and everything on high...so share your secret!!

As you can read before I had settings on "high" but in fact setting were just "medium". So the 70 fps over sea werent real high fps but just only medium fps.

When I've managed to switch to real high settings my fps went down by about 10-15 or so.

mazex
11-22-2011, 07:23 AM
This flooded effect has been with the Sim since Day 1. At longer ranges The Rivers are so wide they join to appear as large inundated areas. Its independent of graphic settings.

Devs are directly aware of this.

And this is really my only real "problem" with the graphics engine which I really like otherwise! Maybe the overhaul will fix it as it would be a lot more efficient to not render rivers that you would not see at that distance and angle anyway?

Mazex