PDA

View Full Version : Theme Games

Vipership
11-15-2011, 10:58 PM
Well, I have done the impossible, no loss, timed, with no KB scanner strategy a few too many times for it to be too much fun, so now I play theme games only. I, of course, try to minimize losses, but I don't stress too much if I lose a few units anymore. I only play on Hard now.

These are the ones I've done so far. They were tons of fun and more dramatic because I didn't use spells like Time Back (defies the law of nature that one), and only thematically relevant spells; like my Templar only used suppression spells. I also limited myself to the appropriate equipment. No cheese like single invisible stack.

So, here are some of my themes that I have played. So far just basically Dragon Age Origins themes heh - not sure I am done with them yet.

1) Grey Warden (Dragon Age flavour) (they used Griffon's in the olden days), can work with any class - can't use blood magic like spells or summoning demons or undead

Royal Griffins, Griffins, Witch Hunter (like the Templars), Archmage, Knights. Where is the rez you may ask? With me, and like I said, it is not a no loss game.

2) Apostate - Blood Mage class - can use sacrifice and summon demons and undead, can't have them in party though

Demonologist, Rune Mage, Necromancer, evil beholder all spiders and snakes.

3) Druid - Nature Apostate - Human Flavour

Druids, Dryads, Any Fairies, Any Fireflies, Snakes, Ents, Ancient Ents, Unicorns, Black Unicorns, Any non-undead Spiders, Werewolf Elf

4) Wild Mage - Rune Mage (have to get to 2k leadership really fast), Green, Red and Black Dragons

5) Zealous Templar - Chantry edition - Paladin

Paladins, Witch Hunters, Inquisitors, Priests, Assassins and Bowmen - this one was tough because of spell limitations heh

6) Rogue melee edition

Assassins, Robbers, Marauders, Pirates and Sea Dogs - also tough but fear and invisibility helped a lot

7) Rogue pew pew edition

Bowmen, Hunter, Elf, Cyclops (Shale), Hyena or Wolf (Dog)

Think of some others, don't forget to restrict your spell and item and companion selection. Like I said this is not no loss and I do not kite maps or any other static enemy. I kind of forget if you could run away from enemies in DAO but I didn't mind doing it here but only if it was a patrolling creature. Oh, I also didn't do every quest, like there was no way my mages were going to accept that quest to hunt down other mages and my Chantry Templar did not help pirates find their smuggled cargo.

Have fun.