PDA

View Full Version : English Grammar / Spelling Patch

MattCaspermeyer
11-12-2011, 08:42 PM
Not to steal thunder from my HOMM3 Babies mod, but I'll be posting shortly a patch for King's Bounty: The Legend that fixes the numerous grammatical and spelling errors in the game.

This project easily took a month or too during the time I was working on my HOMM3 Babies mod, but I think it was worth it!

By the way, I probably haven't caught all the errors and so if you find additional grammar / spelling errors after applying this patch that you think should be fixed then follow this procedure:

1. Reply in this thread and paste a screenshot of the grammar / spelling error to your message.
2. State where the error is.
3. State how the error should be fixed.

Here's an example:

[SCREENSHOT Showing My Post with spelling error]

Line1 ...

This project easily took a month or too during the time I was working on my HOMM3 Babies mod, but I think it was worth it!

Line2 ...

Line3 ...

[END SCREENSHOT Showing My Post with spelling error]

The word "too" should be changed to "two" on line 2.

That should do it! If you want to get fancy, you can also edit your screenshot and highlight the error, but that might be too much work. After a sufficient number of additional changes, I'll update this patch to include your new changes.

Also, this project is not for improving the dialog in the game, just for fixing grammatical and spelling errors.

I'm also hoping that someone will start a similar project for Armored Princess and Crossworlds. If not, I'll eventually get to those games...

Matt

P.S. I'll post this patch shortly (I needed to create this thread first so I can put the link in my README.TXT file).

MattCaspermeyer
11-12-2011, 08:50 PM
Okay, here's the patch! Download and enjoy!

There's a newer update, get it here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=14739&d=1407916768).

Lex
11-12-2011, 11:27 PM
Thank you. :)

MattCaspermeyer
11-16-2011, 09:02 AM
Change had to has.

I'll add this to the next version after I get a good list of more changes...

MattCaspermeyer
11-16-2011, 09:05 AM
Add "of" between "name" and the Player's name.

MattCaspermeyer
11-16-2011, 09:08 AM
Change "Do" to "Did".

MattCaspermeyer
11-16-2011, 09:11 AM
Change "the" to "your".

MattCaspermeyer
11-16-2011, 09:14 AM
Either change "several thousands years" to "several thousands of years" or "several thousand years".

MattCaspermeyer
11-16-2011, 09:18 AM
Change "Ovein" to "Owein". I've tried to find the name issues, but v's and w's look similar late at night! ;)

There might be other places where this is misspelled, too!

MattCaspermeyer
11-16-2011, 09:20 AM
Insert "it" before "found" and "yet".

MattCaspermeyer
11-16-2011, 09:29 AM
Change "Leonar" to "Leonard" - I've struggled over this one, but I saw both references in The Legend, but only saw "Leonard" in AP from what I remember. So I tried to change them all to Leonard. Looks like I missed this one.

Change "but" to "when" although that is a little weak as well. The word "that" might be better than "when". That whole sentence just doesn't sound quite right.

MattCaspermeyer
11-16-2011, 09:34 AM
Change "inhabited" to "inhabit".

MattCaspermeyer
11-16-2011, 09:37 AM
Delete the word "the".

MattCaspermeyer
11-16-2011, 09:40 AM
Change "I imagine" to "imagine" or "I can imagine".

MattCaspermeyer
11-16-2011, 09:45 AM
Change "got" to "gotten".

Ok, that's the latest batch that I've noticed so far through my current playthrough.

Note that if you crop the pictures like I did, don't cut off the name at the top - I need that to determine which file I need to edit.

MattCaspermeyer
11-16-2011, 09:51 AM
Delete the word "the".

MattCaspermeyer
12-21-2013, 06:50 PM
Okay, I finally managed to implement all the changes I found through the previous posts.

There's a newer update, get it here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=14739&d=1407916768).

Dohi64
05-26-2014, 05:02 PM
sorry for bumping, just wanted to say, awesome job! I've noticed a couple mistakes myself but I'm only a couple hours into the game so they're probably fixed already.

what also bugged me - and it's not corrected with the mod either - is the intro text being very different (same meaning but still) from the spoken one but I'm not gonna see it again, so no big deal.

but my biggest gripe is the double spaces at the end of almost every line, before the last word. tried several resolutions and it's still there but it's probably related to it because of the justified text (I also looked into the files and didn't notice double spaces).

MattCaspermeyer
05-26-2014, 06:05 PM
sorry for bumping, just wanted to say, awesome job! I've noticed a couple mistakes myself but I'm only a couple hours into the game so they're probably fixed already.

Thanks! :)

If you see errors, post them like I did above with your preferred correction - it seems like every time I play I find more.

I've got a handful of screen captures post V1.1 that I'd like to implement in the future...

what also bugged me - and it's not corrected with the mod either - is the intro text being very different (same meaning but still) from the spoken one but I'm not gonna see it again, so no big deal.

but my biggest gripe is the double spaces at the end of almost every line, before the last word. tried several resolutions and it's still there but it's probably related to it because of the justified text (I also looked into the files and didn't notice double spaces).

You know, I guess I haven't listened to the introduction in such a long time I hadn't even realized the spoken text was different than the written words. I'll check into that - not sure what you mean about the double spaces, but if the text is justified (I honestly don't remember since I usually just skip the intro) then that is automatically handled by game code and there is nothing that can be done there.

Well, anyway thanks for the comments! :)

I wish they would have the person that actually gets paid to do all this translation stuff continue to work on fixing grammar errors or they should also hire an editor to polish the text before initial release, because it should not be up to us, the fans of the game, to fix these issues. Oh well...

/C\/C\

Dohi64
05-26-2014, 06:42 PM
well, I've just run kbscanner on my save file, just to see what to expect, and saw that there's only 3 mage artifacts in my game and 2 of those are in the gray wasteland, so I'm gonna restart and maybe catch a couple of typos. the camera mod I've tried didn't work unfortunately, so I'll have to double check if this makes any difference (though it's not a mod, it replaces another file, so it has to work).

I've noticed that your file is about 100k smaller than the original but it turns out my version has some german and french text in the .kfs file, that's why.

the double spaces are not in the intro text but in-game, unfortunately. it looks as if the game justifies the lines by putting extra spaces before the last word only, which looks weird. here's an example taken at 1152x864 but it's there in some form at 1024x768 and 1280x960 as well.

MattCaspermeyer
05-27-2014, 04:47 AM
Oh, right! Gotcha on the justification picture.

This is part of the game text formatting functions - there is some dialog with really long words and then the spacing will be really far. I think I've seen it once or twice. There's nothing we can do about that (well except change the dialog to better optimize a line - pretty impractical).

/C\/C\

Dohi64
05-29-2014, 09:34 PM
managed to find a few small mistakes.

also, thanks to this thread I found out you can do stuff with the princess dummy during training :)

1st pic: King Kerus instead of king Kerus
2nd: comma after wonderful + demon's instead of demons
3rd: managed/manage or falls/fell
4th: comma after well
5th: 'an' instead of 'the' would be better

and there was a first of all without a comma after it somewhere but I forgot to take a screenshot of it.

MattCaspermeyer
06-01-2014, 05:29 AM
Thanks for pointing these out! :)

I implemented all the pictures per your suggestions and went with manage / falls on the 3rd one.

I'm not sure where the "first of all" is so I'll need a screenie of that one...

I have some more to review on my end and will work on getting a V1.2 out soon...

/C\/C\

P.S. Yep - that's cool with the dummy!

managed to find a few small mistakes.

also, thanks to this thread I found out you can do stuff with the princess dummy during training :)

1st pic: King Kerus instead of king Kerus
2nd: comma after wonderful + demon's instead of demons
3rd: managed/manage or falls/fell
4th: comma after well
5th: 'an' instead of 'the' would be better

and there was a first of all without a comma after it somewhere but I forgot to take a screenshot of it.

Dohi64
06-01-2014, 12:10 PM
no problem. although if you went with manage/falls, then the whole thing should be in present tense (turns out, slips).

and here's some more.

1, Freedom, with a capital 'f'
2, 'no, I don't remember' and 'so, what's your name' (2 missing commas)
3, the apostrophe
4, 'take poison damage' instead of 'takes...'
5, alright, comma and 'now, let me...' (missing comma)

Dohi64
06-01-2014, 12:11 PM
and the last one (only 5 attachments are allowed per post).

6, 'a mage' instead of 'the mage' (twice)

oh yeah, I did a search in the .lng files, this is the file with the 'first of all' missing the comma:
eng_chat_1481693153_1875701420.lng

MattCaspermeyer
06-01-2014, 06:04 PM
no problem. although if you went with manage/falls, then the whole thing should be in present tense (turns out, slips).

Oh, yah, good point. Here's how I ended up changing it (present tense seemed to work better for me):

qmsg_rage_0=The chest, which the mage gives to you, turns out to be pretty heavy and slips out of your hands. You manage to catch the artifact before it falls to the floor, but you badly hurt your hand as it strikes against the sharp edge.<br><br>After this sharp pain, everything grows dark before your eyes, and you feel dizzy and disoriented. You seem to hear some voices! And they are coming from the chest...

So let me know if you think that's okay or change the above to how you think it should go and I'll paste it in there...

and here's some more.

1, Freedom, with a capital 'f'
2, 'no, I don't remember' and 'so, what's your name' (2 missing commas)
3, the apostrophe
4, 'take poison damage' instead of 'takes...'
5, alright, comma and 'now, let me...' (missing comma)

Okay - I implemented all those - #3 was strange as it had a special character instead of the apostrophe...

and the last one (only 5 attachments are allowed per post).

6, 'a mage' instead of 'the mage' (twice)

oh yeah, I did a search in the .lng files, this is the file with the 'first of all' missing the comma:
eng_chat_1481693153_1875701420.lng

Okay, got those two, too!

Thanks for posting these - it is nice to have another set of eyes looking at all this and helping find errors!

:)

/C\/C\

MattCaspermeyer
06-01-2014, 07:05 PM
Okay, I've implemented these:

"get in this" should be "get into this" and "serve the powers" should be "serve powers"
"horse even doesn't" should be "horse doesn't even"
"given us" should be "given to us" and "not to be" should be "not be"
"Not a very" should be "Not very" and "me at first" should be "me first"
"You dreaming" should be "You're dreaming"
More coming...

/C\/C\

MattCaspermeyer
06-01-2014, 07:39 PM
Okay, I've implemented all of these:

"The is item" should be "This item"
"and the hollow" should be "and hollow"
"are still sometimes still" should be "are sometimes still"
"Draghen" should be "Dreghen" (okay Draghen is actually in 4 places in the file, but EN(G)_ACTORS.LNG has it as Dreghen so I made it Dreghen)
"you'v come" should be "you've come"
"don't have boat" should be "don't have a boat"
(I combined 5 & 6 into one picture)

Okay, that's all I got for now!

@Dohi64, I'll wait for you to get through your current play through before I post V1.2 in case you find some more...

/C\/C\

Dohi64
06-01-2014, 08:22 PM
@Dohi64, I'll wait for you to get through your current play through before I post V1.2 in case you find some more...

happy to help, just be warned that it's gonna take a long while, judging from my progress so far.

edit: come to think of it, it might be better to release 1.2 sooner rather than later, that way I won't run into the same mistakes others have already found. or you could send over your updated file and I'd use that for the rest of my playthrough.

oh, and one more thing. the intellect tooltip is misleading, as I found out yesterday. it's not 10% spell damage increase after every 7 points but after every point. maybe it'd be a good idea to fix that as well.

MattCaspermeyer
06-02-2014, 12:26 AM
***EDIT 2014-08-13*** Newer version available - see below ***END EDIT***

Okay, why not - here's V1.2 with all updates through post #28.

If you find more, please post 'em!

Thanks!

:)

Matt

There is a newer update - get it here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=14739&d=1407916768)

MattCaspermeyer
06-02-2014, 12:37 AM
happy to help, just be warned that it's gonna take a long while, judging from my progress so far.

edit: come to think of it, it might be better to release 1.2 sooner rather than later, that way I won't run into the same mistakes others have already found. or you could send over your updated file and I'd use that for the rest of my playthrough.

Don't worry - when I play it literally takes me half a year to finish (although most of that is because I'm modding as I'm playing).

I did put up V1.2, though, since I figured why not.

I'll wait, though, for all your comments before I do the next one...

oh, and one more thing. the intellect tooltip is misleading, as I found out yesterday. it's not 10% spell damage increase after every 7 points but after every point. maybe it'd be a good idea to fix that as well.

I've been avoiding the can of worms of errata since it opens up a whole new level of effort. So I'll be sticking with just grammar errors.

Technically, the tooltip is correct, except that it omits the fact that you also get +1% for each point in Intellect (so once your Intellect reaches 7, for example, you'll have 7 + 10 = 17%).

However, if someone else wants to pick up the ball of fixing game errors in the *.LNG files, don't let me stop you.

/C\/C\

Dohi64
06-02-2014, 10:01 AM
thanks! I understand about the tooltip thing, I was just surprised when I was looking up info on whether 0 int and 6 int make a difference (because according to the tooltip it doesn't) and found out that it does, a lot. I haven't noticed anything else in this repartment, but I was never one for formulas and stuff.

Dohi64
06-04-2014, 10:06 PM
here's some more.

1: I'd put a comma after turned into a werewolf.
2: that he may -> so that he may
3: comma before the names.
4: a pain -> pain

Dohi64
06-04-2014, 10:10 PM
and the rest I couldn't fit into the previous post.

5: I have now -> I have not
6-7: spiders underground -> Griffins' Underground (spiders' underground is in the forest)
7: begs -> begs for

Dohi64
06-06-2014, 05:52 PM
1: please forgive me (comma) I will never steal again
2: I will fight the Keepers...
3: deserved -> deserve
4: taking -> having (it's in the forest)
5: a special -> the special

Dohi64
06-06-2014, 05:56 PM
6: very dangerous -> a very...
7: designed -> was designed (or: 'a light and comfortable helmet, designed...')
8: nobleman -> a nobleman

Dohi64
06-09-2014, 05:31 PM
a few more.

1, bosses combat -> boss combat
2, swear in the sunrays -> swear on + in the currents -> on the currents
3, in the waters -> on the waters (also, hunters-ships would be hunter-ships, I think)

and another one in eng_chat_0774567462_0173604358.lng, forgot to take a screenshot: the redbeard -> redbeard

Dohi64
06-13-2014, 10:15 PM
the next batch.

1, the hoarse -> hoarse
2, do you -> can you + weird characters after the apostrophe
3, crown -> Crown (or Crown -> crown) to be consistent + attack duke's castle -> attack the duke's castle
4, griffins' -> the griffins'

also, in eng_quest_0435602476.lng it's supposed to be mano riveres, not rivers. at first I thought riveres was a typo and made a screenshot of that at another place but it turns out it's the other way around.

Dohi64
06-14-2014, 05:00 PM
some more.

1, weird characters after apostrophe
2, the roast -> a roast
3, (when right clicking on lucky james' castle) the real -> a real
4, suggest -> suggests
5, allow to -> allow

Dohi64
06-15-2014, 12:20 AM
1, signed _by_ the...
2, captain -> Captain (also in the same file, eng_chat_1825948338_0942664360.lng, Follow captain Wetbelly's ship... -> Captain)
3, didn't seen -> haven't seen
4, alright, comma

Dohi64
06-16-2014, 09:09 PM
1, anything -> something
2, marshan swamp -> the marshan swamp (twice)
3, and once more here
4, cast -> casts
5, ok, comma

Dohi64
06-16-2014, 09:12 PM
6, the kordar -> kordar
7, ardan's peak has some extra characters
8, enter arena -> enter the arena

MattCaspermeyer
06-17-2014, 05:02 AM

You know, I struggled with this at first - I was in the midst of changing all the "Marshan Swamp" texts to "the Marshan Swamp", but then I thought about it and it is like "Sherwood Forest".

We don't say "let's go to the Sherwood Forest", we say "let's go to Sherwood Forest". So even though at first it sounds better, "let's go to the Marshan Swamp" it is meant to be "let's go to Marshan Swamp".

So take both responses and put Sherwood Forest in place of Marshan Swamp:

"I think there's a place... the Temple of Deceased Souls in Sherwood Forest"

and

"The only temple I know is in Sherwood Forest, and..."

So even though at first it seems like "the" should go in front of Marshan Swamp, apparently it shouldn't.

At least that's my opinion, anyway...

/C\/C\

Dohi64
06-17-2014, 09:54 AM
yeah, I've been thinking about the swamp thing for a while myself, then decided to mention it because in all other cases in the game it has 'the' before it. (and still, in the case of sherwood forest, it'd never occur to me to put 'the' before it but marshan swamp has a different sound to it I guess.) anyway, up to you.

the other thing bothering me is ha-ha vs. ha ha. I think it should be the former but it's usually the latter in the game - except in the first encounter in the dwarven lands (also pictured above because of another typo). it's just too much work to check everywhere, so I decided to ignore them.

Dohi64
06-22-2014, 03:31 PM
next batch, part 1.

1, the -> a
2, so comfortable as it here in the mines -> as comfortable as it is here (50 hour and 60 hour should also be 50-hour and 60-hour)
3, submit -> submitted (I'd also leave out the second which and the comma before it)
4, well, comma + am I trying -> I am trying
5, no not -> no, not

Dohi64
06-22-2014, 03:43 PM
part 2.

6, show me, what -> no comma + only in complete solitude _do_ people reach
7, where are we -> where we are
8, kronberg -> I think castle kronberg would be better. I actually had to think if kronberg's even a real place in the game, I was sure they meant greenwort. (sure, it's written in the top left corner when I'm at the main castle but it's not that obvious.)
9, same as the unsigned: the kordar -> kordar
10, king Kerus -> King Kerus

Dohi64
06-22-2014, 03:47 PM
part 3.

11, two-handled -> two-handed + dragons blood -> dragons' blood
12, any apology -> an apology
13, to say goodbye -> say goodbye
14, more than thousand -> more than a thousand

Dohi64
06-28-2014, 12:57 AM
1, dozen of -> dozen
2, make me -> made me + come, comma
3, in searching -> searching for
4, captain -> Captain + its -> it's
5, Of couuurse nooo -> of couuurse nooot

Dohi64
06-28-2014, 01:05 AM
6, islands of freedom -> the islands of freedom (line 4)

there also seems to be some inconsistency with gizmo/gismo, one of lina's powers. I was pretty sure it's gizmo but in one of the battles I noticed it was called gismo (see 7.jpg). I checked the game files and it looks like it's called gizmo in the code but the in-game name's supposed to be gismo, though in one of the conversations it's also gizmo. I'd personally go with gizmo.

Dohi64
07-03-2014, 09:21 PM
1, in hands -> in the hands
2, the huge -> a huge
3, the highlighted text could be one paragraph
4, no need for a comma after but
5, brave men as you -> like you

Dohi64
07-03-2014, 09:25 PM
6, a women -> a woman
7, magic tower -> the magic tower
8, here there lives one artist -> there lives an artist

Dohi64
07-03-2014, 10:30 PM
a few more before I move on to the elven lands.

9, the griffin's -> the griffins'
10, could -> can
11, to this -> with this
12, griffin's king -> the griffin king or the griffins' king
13, a picture -> the picture

Dohi64
07-03-2014, 10:33 PM
14, will observe -> observe (although
15, the huge egg -> a huge egg (right click on the griffin egg found in the cave)
16, magic power -> the magic power

Dohi64
07-05-2014, 02:11 PM
1, world of death -> land of death
2, if I got -> if I get
3, necrocom castle -> castle necrocom
4, will listen -> listen

and one more in eng_chat_1660253872_1032973069.lng. I forgot to take a shot and couldn't get the conversation to appear again.
What kind of a Tree it is? -> is it?

Dohi64
07-13-2014, 04:05 PM
a ton of stuff but I'm at haas' labyrinth now, so only 2 areas left (that and murock).

1, recipe -> the recipe (in the highlighted text)
2, it -> It
3, happy, comma, princess
4, orinoko castle -> castle orinoko
5, tree of Life -> Tree of Life

Dohi64
07-13-2014, 04:11 PM
6, lady -> Lady (although it might not be her title, it still looks better this way), house of -> House of
7, lady -> Lady
8, elves -> the elves
9, run out -> runs out
10, that Tree's life -> that the Tree's life

Dohi64
07-13-2014, 04:18 PM
11, one of many where it says dragon's labyrinth instead of dragons' labyrinth
12, the same, twice
13, orcs -> the orcs (twice) + to demons -> to the demons
14, same as #11-12
15, by this key -> with

Dohi64
07-13-2014, 04:21 PM
16, sixth -> the sixth
17, Close -> close (also, Key might be key)
18, labyrinth. -> labyrinth (there's a period after the name)

Dohi64
07-15-2014, 01:50 PM
final batch, I've finished the game (it was awesome).

1, dragon's -> dragons' (as mentioned previously)
2, even won't -> won't even
3, titan/Titan inconsistency
4, what -> what's (2x)
5, bagud, comma (in the highlighted text)

Dohi64
07-15-2014, 01:53 PM
6, no one other -> no other (yeah, he speaks broken english but this somehow still bugs me :))
7, of the huge, huge turtle -> of a huge...
8, made -> makes

the end, as far as I'm concerned :)

MattCaspermeyer
07-17-2014, 04:02 AM
I'm glad you finished the game!

Thanks for providing all these fixes!

I'll work on the fixes you provided hopefully during the coming weekend...

/C\/C\

MattCaspermeyer
08-11-2014, 03:11 AM
Okay, I've implemented all changes, except those identified below (or I elaborated on what was changed where necessary).

and the rest I couldn't fit into the previous post.

7: begs -> begs for

And fixed spiders underground to be Griffin's underground.

4: taking -> having (it's in the forest)

I don't think there's anything wrong with saying "Wonderful place for taking a rest". I would say "I'm going to take a rest in the forest", rather than "I'm going to have a rest in the forest". The word "take" here seems more assertive than "have".

a few more.

1, bosses combat -> boss combat
2, swear in the sunrays -> swear on + in the currents -> on the currents
3, in the waters -> on the waters (also, hunters-ships would be hunter-ships, I think)

Since it is a department, they can call it whatever they like. I have no problem with Bosses Combat Department.

I implemented 2 as:

"I swear this on my blood and all the suuunrays, wind cuuurrents, and sea splaaashes of Endoria!"

This wording seemed to work better and be more consist with the turtle's speech.

For 3, I used:

"That's what I call my special hunter-ships, which maintain order of the coastal waters."

Went with "hunter-ships" and I could actually see the governor using "in the coastal waters" instead of "on" like you suggested, but I went with "of" to be more generic and mean both "in" and "on" just in case he's interested in order on the surface and below (which is perhaps why they chose "in" originally). I also changed "keep" to "maintain" since it just sounded better to me.

the next batch.

3, crown -> Crown (or Crown -> crown) to be consistent + attack duke's castle -> attack the duke's castle

I went with "Crown" and also capitalized the "k" in "the King of Griffins" to make it more regal so: "I need the Crown of the King of Griffins".

1, signed _by_ the...
2, captain -> Captain (also in the same file, eng_chat_1825948338_0942664360.lng, Follow captain Wetbelly's ship... -> Captain)
3, didn't seen -> haven't seen

1. Fixed all "signed by the" errors as well as there was "the the ownership" changed to just "ownership".

2. Fixed two other "captain" -> "Captain" as well in the same file.

3. "didn't seen" -> "didn't see" also in another file as well (eng_chat_0167650531_1463280583.lng).

3, and once more here
4, cast -> casts

2 & 3. Okay, all "the Marshan Swamp" references are now just "Marshan Swamp" and also all "the Verlon Forest" references are just "Verlon Forest".

4. "cast fears" -> "casts fear"

next batch, part 1.

2, so comfortable as it here in the mines -> as comfortable as it is here (50 hour and 60 hour should also be 50-hour and 60-hour)
3, submit -> submitted (I'd also leave out the second which and the comma before it)

2. "50 hour" / "60 hour" changed to "50-hour" / "60-hour" also in eng_chat_2089187752_0572642348.lng

3. "A competently composed document, which contains a great number of demands, which the striking dwarves submit to their chief." -> "A competently composed document, which contains a great number of demands the striking dwarves submitted to their chief."

part 2.

6, show me, what -> no comma + only in complete solitude _do_ people reach
7, where are we -> where we are
8, kronberg -> I think castle kronberg would be better. I actually had to think if kronberg's even a real place in the game, I was sure they meant greenwort. (sure, it's written in the top left corner when I'm at the main castle but it's not that obvious.)

6. Hmmm...

"You see, my theory is based on the fact that only in complete solitude people reach a higher understanding of themselves and the world around them"

vs

"You see, my theory is based on the fact that only in complete solitude do people reach a higher understanding of themselves and the world around them."

The word "do" seems implied by the conversation and omitting it seems more natural during conversation even though it may be grammatically incorrect, there should be a period at the end, though. I left "do" out since omitting it seems more natural in a conversation to me.

7. Interesting comment about this one - it is sometimes natural for someone to respond with the same phrase as asked, for example: "Where are we?" may be responded as "You asked where are we?" or "You said where are we?", but I think Umdar is intelligent enough that he would change the words as you suggest (and it probably is more natural to say it that way when using the present tense of "ask").

8. There are two other places where they refer to Kronberg like this, so I think it's okay.

part 3.

11, two-handled -> two-handed + dragons blood -> dragons' blood

I also changed "specially" -> "especially".

4, captain -> Captain + its -> it's

I also searched all files for "captain" and tried to capitalize the "c" where it was being used as a title or as a proper name when talking to the various captains of the game.

2, the huge -> a huge
4, no need for a comma after but
5, brave men as you -> like you

2. "The huge heavy chest, decorated with gold and jewels, the emblem of the royal family emblazoned on the lid." -> "A huge heavy chest, decorated with gold and jewels and emblazoned with the emblem of the royal family on the lid."

4. Comma moved to before but, where it should be.

a few more before I move on to the elven lands.

12, griffin's king -> the griffin king or the griffins' king

12. Went with "the griffin king".

1, world of death -> land of death

1. They seem to use Land of Death and World of Death interchangeably so I didn't change it.

a ton of stuff but I'm at haas' labyrinth now, so only 2 areas left (that and murock).

2, it -> It

2. Also "them a good health" -> "them good health".

6, lady -> Lady (although it might not be her title, it still looks better this way), house of -> House of
7, lady -> Lady

6. & 7. Went through and found one other place where it was just lady Beaulla - I followed your advice and made it "Lady Beaulla".

11, one of many where it says dragon's labyrinth instead of dragons' labyrinth
12, the same, twice
14, same as #11-12

11., 12., and 14. Okay fixed all occurrences: "Dragon's Labyrinth" -> "Dragons' Labyrinth".

final batch, I've finished the game (it was awesome).

3, titan/Titan inconsistency

3. Okay replaced all "titan" -> "Titan" (and variants).

Okay, that's it - release soon to follow!

Thanks for providing all these fixes - they really helped!

/C\/C\

Dohi64
08-11-2014, 11:58 AM
Okay, that's it - release soon to follow!

looking forward to it :)

MattCaspermeyer
08-11-2014, 08:54 PM
Here are some I found during my last playthrough:

1. "Not a very good either way." -> "Not very good either way." and "Catch up with me at first." -> "Catch up with me first." Both in eng_chat_0931157929_1730928058.lng
2. "and the hollow" -> "and hollow" in eng_items.lng
3. "Now you will rob my castle?", probably should omit "will" -> "Now you rob my castle?" in eng_chat_0863230716_0555851334.lng
4. "Let's ask fast-fast." -> "Let's act fast-fast." in eng_chat_0939210550_1308953381.lng
5. I also fully capitalized "Griffin's Underground".

Unfortunately, right now I can't post any attachments so I can't attach any pictures or upload my latest update.

I'm hoping the moderators will get this fixed on my account shortly (I'm using a total of ~39MB and my quota has been set to ~1MB - obviously way too low for my needs!) so that I can once again post attachments.

/C\/C\

MattCaspermeyer
08-13-2014, 08:06 AM
Thanks to @nearmiss for fixing the issue with my account!

Here's info about V1.3 taken from the included readme file:

Version: 1.3
------------

Implemented all fixes described through post #60 of this forum topic: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=27813
Thanks for all @Dohi64's comments - they were really helpful!

Any exceptions are mentioned in this post: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=705670&postcount=62

I also added a few more identified here: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=705678&postcount=64

Okay, that's it!

If anyone finds any more issues, please post them here and we'll work on a V1.4.

Thanks again to @Dohi64! :)

Matt

/C\/C\

Dohi64
08-13-2014, 11:51 AM
thanks for putting it all together. we should do this again, I'm planning on playing crossworlds next year :)

MattCaspermeyer
08-13-2014, 05:58 PM
thanks for putting it all together. we should do this again, I'm planning on playing crossworlds next year :)

That would be great! There is a lot of work to do there!

/C\/C\

krippmenot
02-24-2015, 06:20 PM
Hey guys, how's it going? Krippbugmenottarian here. Today I want to let you guys know I really appreciated your work and I want to thank you with my click and download. :cool:

Thanks!

PrincePlatypus
10-14-2023, 02:34 AM
This is many years later, but I'm so glad you took the time to make this patch. Love the game, but the original translation was rough. Thank you for taking the time to make this, I hope you know it's still helping people years down the road.

Dohi64
10-14-2023, 09:55 AM
This is many years later, but I'm so glad you took the time to make this patch. Love the game, but the original translation was rough. Thank you for taking the time to make this, I hope you know it's still helping people years down the road.

I still have screenshots and notes from crossworlds (from 2017, not 2015 as planned above) but op was gone by then, so no patch for that. and I didn't even take notes while playing wotn last year for the same reason.