PDA

View Full Version : anyone know good tweaks to make the game run better

=XIII=Shea
11-10-2011, 02:08 PM
Hi guys,i would like to get back into playing CLOD but the game isnt running the best on my machine,does anyone know any tweaks that can be made so the game can run better,also what setting in options in grapics settings is most demanding on a pc?also guys by turning off hypertreading does it make the game run much better on i7 920,thank you all:confused::):)

ATAG_Septic
11-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Hi guys,i would like to get back into playing CLOD but the game isnt running the best on my machine,does anyone know any tweaks that can be made so the game can run better,also what setting in options in grapics settings is most demanding on a pc?also guys by turning off hypertreading does it make the game run much better on i7 920,thank you all:confused::):)

I wonder whether something is amiss with your setup? I run the game smoothly on high settings with a similar system. Except;

No ssao (cannot perceive benefit), aa 2x (any more doesn't seem to offer improvement), epilepsy filter off.

I have Catalyst options set to performance.

Reducing textures from original to high helps alot although I am back using original since last patch.

I tried turning off hyperthreading a while ago but perceived no benefit.

I believe you should be able to get good performance with a little tweaking on your system.

Good luck.

jg27_mc
11-12-2011, 05:48 PM
I use a "stupid" tweak that works very well in terms of smothess and slight, more stable, fps boost...

I launch the game with very high settings, SSAO off and Epilepsy off, AA off, everything else on and on max settings.
Once in game (inside cockpit) I hit esc, then go to video options and change texture to medium forest to medium buildings to low and land shading to medium.
This way, I am able to maintain the texture quality (don't know why) and the game is much more smother, with sable fps (between 45 - 60, I have vsync on), except bellow 2k over cities/vilages, where I get (25-40 fps) with bad smoothness.

I using the last ATI drivers/CCC, with all performance options on, and therefore, all quality Options off: I also have HT off, and using the -mod=nossao -mod lowtex -mod=nomipmaps mods, although the nomipmaps is disabled due to laucher crashes.

Cheers.

PS: Is there a way/tweak/fix to prevent airplane warping? I'm experiencing terrible warps over the ATAG server.

whoarmongar
11-12-2011, 07:13 PM
I really cannot believe ppl are saying they are having problems running this game with far superior systems than mine, either they have unrealistic expectations or have serious issues optimising their machines.

look at my sys specs

home premium 64bit
X64-based PC
intel Core 2 Quad cpu Q8300 @ 2.50GHz(4CPU)
4 Gig RAM
DX 11
NVIDIA Geforce GTS 250 (1 Gig RAM)
Saitek AV8R joystick
TrackIRv5

Hardly cutting edge is it.

Yet defragged, cache cleared, latest nvidea drivers and unnecessary applications closed down, it runs beautifully, sometimes I am just gobsmacked by the scenery.

Dont get me wrong, I still have issues with this game, The trees ! The the Blenheim,the Spitfire FM, The object Lod when it goes from black speck to invisible model, NO SAINT PAULS, the lack of churches and other obvious distinctive landmarks, the unrealistic rivers (they just look so random and unreal) no hedges, the levers forward /back, rich/lean, total confusion but who the hell cares just leave it forward issue, the "sticky" grass, the "sonar" sensor (how the hell was this reintroduced) and no aerodynamic loss when flying cockpit open are just a few flaws that come readily to mind, but what the hell it is only a game and the improvements we have seen since the launch are really encouraging.
If only this game had been launched as it is NOW rather than how it was THEN the story would have been so much different, When talking about this game with people who DONT OWN A COPY they are only to willing to tell me how poor it is, yet they have never seen it let alone played it.
I have spent many hrs playing it online multiplayer and its very good, perhaps maybe oneday it will be great, but one thing I do know for certain, theres many a game that has found its way onto the harddrive of my computer that has given me a lot less, but I just discarded them because I really didnt care for them, yet for some reason with this game I really do care.
Damn this has turned into a bit of a rant, forgive me, but keep the faith.

_79_dev
11-12-2011, 08:10 PM
Get your self proper nVidia card... That's my solution.

diveplane
11-13-2011, 03:08 PM
Get your self proper nVidia card... That's my solution.

not the case as i have upgraded cpu ram motherboard,and shortly a new sata 3 hd,
still running a gtx260oc, its a ok card still, yea its not the best , but did see a big improvement over my old wolfdale cpu , cpu ram are the more important factors for performance over video ..imo for this sim, as it eats up cpu cycles and ram big time , even on high end pcs and cpu sets, sim code is all still patch phases and ongoing optimizations, with time we will all see better improvements allround.

triumph1949
11-13-2011, 10:32 PM
I really cannot believe ppl are saying they are having problems running this game with far superior systems than mine, either they have unrealistic expectations or have serious issues optimising their machines.

look at my sys specs

home premium 64bit
X64-based PC
intel Core 2 Quad cpu Q8300 @ 2.50GHz(4CPU)
4 Gig RAM
DX 11
NVIDIA Geforce GTS 250 (1 Gig RAM)
Saitek AV8R joystick
TrackIRv5

Hardly cutting edge is it.

Yet defragged, cache cleared, latest nvidea drivers and unnecessary applications closed down, it runs beautifully, sometimes I am just gobsmacked by the scenery.

Dont get me wrong, I still have issues with this game, The trees ! The the Blenheim,the Spitfire FM, The object Lod when it goes from black speck to invisible model, NO SAINT PAULS, the lack of churches and other obvious distinctive landmarks, the unrealistic rivers (they just look so random and unreal) no hedges, the levers forward /back, rich/lean, total confusion but who the hell cares just leave it forward issue, the "sticky" grass, the "sonar" sensor (how the hell was this reintroduced) and no aerodynamic loss when flying cockpit open are just a few flaws that come readily to mind, but what the hell it is only a game and the improvements we have seen since the launch are really encouraging.
If only this game had been launched as it is NOW rather than how it was THEN the story would have been so much different, When talking about this game with people who DONT OWN A COPY they are only to willing to tell me how poor it is, yet they have never seen it let alone played it.
I have spent many hrs playing it online multiplayer and its very good, perhaps maybe oneday it will be great, but one thing I do know for certain, theres many a game that has found its way onto the harddrive of my computer that has given me a lot less, but I just discarded them because I really didnt care for them, yet for some reason with this game I really do care.
Damn this has turned into a bit of a rant, forgive me, but keep the faith.

totally agree...if it works fine on my system..then all problems i dont have but others do are.NOT software probs.triumph.and if ever the tools become available,i would be happy to build you a ST PAULS..

klem
11-14-2011, 07:49 PM

Your rig isn't that different to mine - i7 950 @ 4Ghz, 6Gb DDR3 RAM, Nvidia GTX570, 850W PSU, Samsung 226BW monitor.

Resolution can be a big fps hit, mine's 1680x1050.

I am hitting 60 fps a lot of the time, typically 50-60, sometimes as low as 40-45 on busy airfields, around 30 fps over London.

I have all settings on High except:
Building Detail: Medium
Forest: Off (a huge hit and pointless having them on)
Buildings Amount: Medium
Grass: Off (big waste of resources)
Shadows: On (can be a big fps hit, try with Off)
Roads: On

Plus:
Full Screen on
Anti Aliasing: x2 (game itself doesn't run that any higher)
Anti Epilepsy: Off (Important!)
SSAO: Off (reflected light from other surfaces, hardly noticeable)
VSYNCH: on

Also in my Nvidia control panel I have
Anisotropic Filtering x16
Anti Aliasing x4 (hmmm.. perhaps that should be "Use Application" or turn off the AA in the game and let the GPU do the work)
Single display

I know yours is ATI but there may be comparable settings, the point is not to overlook - or perhaps overcook - settings in the Video Card manager outside the game.