PDA

View Full Version : New skills?

Locane
10-28-2011, 06:15 PM
Ok, maybe I'm stupid but can someone point out to me where the new skills are in KB: Crossworlds?

I was really pissed off when I realized that the second playthrough I had done of the KB: AP was a waste of time because "Crossworlds" is not an "expansion" it's a re-do of the same game. I had thought that I would be able to use the character I spent so much time working on in the original game, but no, apparently not.

Anyway, I read in a different post that there are 3 new skills in the trees, one for each class. I started a new game for Orcs on the March, and my skill trees look exactly the same as they do in KB: AP. What am I missing here? Can someone point it out?

Fatt_Shade
10-28-2011, 09:54 PM
You need to finish quest given in battle academy, for every class different but here it is :
mage you need to kill 20 mage units (archmage, necromancer,demonolog. . . )
paladin 20 holy warriors (priest, inquisitor, paladin)
warrior 20 fighters (knight, horseman,assassin??? wtf why assassin i have on idea, but there he is). After you finish quest you need to go back to debir to get reward in battle academy and youll get new skill available in your skill tree.
As for not being able to use `old` playthrough it`s impossible to copy save ifles form 1 mod to other. Every new mod to game need new game started so tough luck with that. If you`r interested here is nice savegame i got on this forum (i think it`s bladeking`s but i`m not sure it`s early save mage impossible) , i wont spoil game but in the end i managed 91 int build, and all dragon items are available (hearth, drakonix). So you can go draogn support or high spell dmg.
So have fun :-)

Locane
10-28-2011, 10:03 PM
Wow, thank you.

You're very helpful.

I won't be using the save file (thank you anyways), and for the record every major expansion for games I've played hasn't been like this - where it was only a remix of the original game that didn't allow you to transfer your character or heighten the stakes a lot. When I saw the list of things that were added (50 new spells and skills!) I was excited because I thought that meant (like every other game I had a persistent character in) I would transfer my already powerful hero to an expansion with more challenges and more spells and skills.

I didn't know I was getting the original game, with some orcs added, and only 3 new skills on the skill tree.

It was just sold to me as different than what I got, and there wasn't any further information available about it, so naturally I'm a little burned.

ckdamascus
11-07-2011, 11:19 PM
If you are a fairly hardcore player, it is a lot more than that. Stategically, there is a lot more depth to the new units, spells, new rules for previous spells.

Also, there is another add-on which adds quite a bit more, but it is still under translation. It is called the "Red Sands" mod which is actually developed/worked on by the original KB:Crossworld's team, but the problem is it has not been fully translated.

It adds another continent and even more units.

Metathron
11-08-2011, 02:16 AM
developed/worked on by the original KB:Crossworld's team,

Really? I thought it was just a fan-made thing.