PDA

View Full Version : Are random system failures modeled?

salmo
10-22-2011, 09:05 AM
I've seen C# scripts randomising various sytem failures, but can anyone tell me if random system failures are modeled in the game?

salmo
10-22-2011, 09:09 PM
They supposedly were, in previous versions of the game, you had both Visual Weathering and Physical Weathering on sliders in the plane selection menus. The physical was supposed to represent how "worn" the plane itself was, and introduce random failures to it. I can't recall anyone ever mentioning using it, especially online, and it was removed without complaints from the community (one of the few things no one ever griped about!)

There are a number of aircraft "wear" parameters in-game (See parameter list http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=342338#post342338 ). I'm interested in:
(1) whether the game code for part failure if "wear" is gets too high is implimented.
(2) Presumably "wear" would not increase too much in a new plane on single mission, so I'm wondering if there is scope for introducing persistent aircraft states. ie. The same aircraft "wears" over a number of missions, until serviced.
(3) I've not experienced any spontaneous system failures (broken hoses/hydrolic lines, failed electrics etc). Has anyone else had any spontaneous sytem failures?

VBF-12_Gosling
10-24-2011, 10:36 PM
There are a number of aircraft "wear" parameters in-game (See parameter list http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=342338#post342338 ). I'm interested in:
(1) whether the game code for part failure if "wear" is gets too high is implimented.
(2) Presumably "wear" would not increase too much in a new plane on single mission, so I'm wondering if there is scope for introducing persistent aircraft states. ie. The same aircraft "wears" over a number of missions, until serviced.
(3) I've not experienced any spontaneous system failures (broken hoses/hydrolic lines, failed electrics etc). Has anyone else had any spontaneous sytem failures?

I think I might have. I was night flying in a Hurricane over France (So it might have been flak). I started getting a little vibration for no apparent reason. Then, as it was dark, I could clearly see yellow flame from the rear right exhaust. No amount of Mixture / Prop pitch / Throttle adjustment could get rid of it and all the others were "humming along" blue. Also, there were no engine instrument anomolies to indicate a snag. Needless to say, I took the aircraft home, handed it back to the Chief Tech and left him to it.... Blown Cylinder I reckon.

Gosling
VBF-12

322Sqn_Dusty
10-25-2011, 11:54 AM
Cruising over the Channel on the ATAG server I throttled up, saw the oil pressure drop and the engine went rough. The engine flames turned orange and the Spit didn't like to fly on after 2 mins. Before jumping I checked the temperatures and they were only slightly higher (with the rad opened up even when it happened).

SEE
10-26-2011, 01:42 PM
No ac/flack nearby, cruising mid channel with my usual PP - Throttle - Rad settings - no indications of any problems then - 'Governor Failure'! No idea why it happened but what the hell....just get a new one!