PDA

View Full Version : So far...post patch

furbs
10-17-2011, 09:03 PM
2 lock-ups and still missing sounds, this after 45 mins play.
No CO-OPs
No FSAA

lots of other stuff in the patch is GREAT! but lock ups and missing sounds still means its not a good experience for me. :(

Whats worse is i guess its going to be another 4 months before its going to be fixed.

CaptainDoggles
10-17-2011, 09:14 PM
Which sounds are missing?

machoo
10-17-2011, 09:23 PM
Blue lines on the horizon are still a problem for Ati cards I see.

furbs
10-17-2011, 09:24 PM
Im getting no hit sounds on my own aircraft.

Ze-Jamz
10-17-2011, 09:28 PM
Cockpits dont look good imo

E4 PP still really bad auto, surely they could of sorted that?
No stereo sound in the Spit (5.1) but is in 109
Blue lines still there....again
still have micro stutters

FPS OK
colors are...undecided, OK I guess?

Cant hear hits on my AC

322Sqn_Dusty
10-17-2011, 09:28 PM

That is a good thing right ? :-P

furbs
10-17-2011, 09:32 PM
How long has this patch been in the works?

Ze-Jamz
10-17-2011, 09:33 PM

+1

Raggz
10-17-2011, 09:41 PM
I reinstalled the game, even cleaned out the 1C softclub folder only keeping my controls and paintschemes. The game runs and feels extremely smooth for me. No sound problems or noticed any new bugs so far.

robtek
10-17-2011, 09:45 PM
Sounds work for me, anyway sounds are still beta!

Fsaa wasn't planned for this patch!

Co-ops are possible, to make them comfortable in the old il2-style may never happen as that is really low priority.

PP in 109 works fine from E1 to E4 (manual)

When i was shot down in my 110 at the atag server i heard every single hit, and there were quite a lot from the 3 Spits needed to bring me down :D

Ze-Jamz
10-17-2011, 09:50 PM
Sounds work for me, anyway sounds are still beta!

Fsaa wasn't planned for this patch!

Co-ops are possible, to make them comfortable in the old il2-style may never happen as that is really low priority.

PP in 109 works fine from E1 to E4 (manual)

When i was shot down in my 110 at the atag server i heard every single hit, and there were quite a lot from the 3 Spits needed to bring me down :D

couple of things, they must of been noobs cuz your way too easy to take down.. :)

yes PP works but 'AUTO' doesnt hence why i said 'Auto pp' does NOT work properly

NO 'we' cant hear hits on our AC hence why 'we' posted it

that is all

310_cibule
10-17-2011, 10:51 PM
I reinstalled the game, even cleaned out the 1C softclub folder only keeping my controls and paintschemes. The game runs and feels extremely smooth for me. No sound problems or noticed any new bugs so far.

Same procedure here. Same results. Very happy ;)

CWMV
10-17-2011, 11:05 PM
109's seem faster.
Maintains 450kph at sea level (well, less than 10 meters anyway) with 10% fuel and no ammo, lol.
With WEP, maintains 460kph, same loadout.
Better for sure.

CaptainDoggles
10-18-2011, 02:34 AM
I dunno about you guys but I can hear hit sounds on my aircraft.

louisv
10-18-2011, 02:55 AM
Lock ups after 15-20 minutes of play..., never had that kind of problem with CoD before

CWMV
10-18-2011, 03:04 AM
I dunno about you guys but I can hear hit sounds on my aircraft.

Me too.
And the sound of angry spitfires fading in the distance behind me...lol!

Lololopoulos
10-18-2011, 03:08 AM
With the latest patch installed, I still don't have very good fps. What's some good ways to increase FPS? Most of the time I get around 15, with fly-by I get around 25, with explosions and closing in on aircrafts I get about 10 and below.

CWMV
10-18-2011, 03:10 AM
With the latest patch installed, I still don't have very good fps. What's some good ways to increase FPS? Most of the time I get around 15, with fly-by I get around 25, with explosions and closing in on aircrafts I get about 10 and below.

We need your system specs first...

Lololopoulos
10-18-2011, 03:18 AM
We need your system specs first...

I don't know exactly...... is there a place I can look for it in my PC? i have a win7 64bit. I know it's probably a dumb question....

CWMV
10-18-2011, 03:20 AM
Open your start menu
Then right click on Computer, then select properties.
All the relevant information should be there...I think...

Lololopoulos
10-18-2011, 03:29 AM
Open your start menu
Then right click on Computer, then select properties.
All the relevant information should be there...I think...

Ok, here they r:
Intel Core i7 CPU 930 @2.80GHz 2.79GHz
6GB RMA
ATI Radeon 5700
Win7 64bit

Is that enough information?

CWMV
10-18-2011, 03:38 AM
What settings are you running the game at?
Worse case scenario drop everything to low and work up from there till you have a good balance of appearance and performance.

Lololopoulos
10-18-2011, 03:50 AM
What settings are you running the game at?
Worse case scenario drop everything to low and work up from there till you have a good balance of appearance and performance.
with everything set to low and all the options unchecked, I get 25 when flying above sea, below 20 when approaching a bomber, highest was 30 when doing a fly by. i had a freeze while getting close to a bomber.
i guess i'll keep trying. thanks man!

tk471138
10-18-2011, 04:06 AM
with everything set to low and all the options unchecked, I get 25 when flying above sea, below 20 when approaching a bomber, highest was 30 when doing a fly by. i had a freeze while getting close to a bomber.
i guess i'll keep trying. thanks man!
no offense but as a novice with computers (only speculating based on your previous posts), you should start reading about how to "tweak" or "optimize" your computer for gaming in general...i wish i had some good basic sites i could give you off hand at the moment but im afraid that i cant think of any right now....your specs look decent so tweaking your computer would be your next step and something that would be good for you to learn as it would help your computer skills and knowledge...so somethings you might want to search for is "optimize ____insert your operating system here___ for gaming"
or
"___your Operating system here___ gaming tweaks"

and im sure threads exist for CLOD specific tweaks and advice as well...

good luck, and dont be discouraged by the amount of research that might be involved, but the final product should be well worth it

bw_wolverine
10-18-2011, 05:14 AM
So far post patch I'm enjoying the game a lot. Just played on ATAG server and flew with Snapper, Biggles, and a few others. Cockpits look great again with the return of the reflections, the ground looks great (I think the colour has been slightly retinted back to closer to what beta 1 of this patch was). And I had a great flight taking down three 109s (okay, I shot down two and the third crashed into the ground on his own while chasing me at low speed/alt, but it counts - and it was a two on one fight where they both went down and I had busted armoured glass in front of me too!)

Each official patch just makes the game better for me. There's no reason not to put aside your hangups about the game (if you can run it acceptably) and just concentrate on having fun now. Especially if you like to fly online.