PDA

View Full Version : Initial impressions of 15950

RickRuski
10-17-2011, 08:43 PM
For me nothing much has changed, maybe the sounds have improved very slightly but the micro stutters are still there. Had hopes that there would be some Sli/crossfire support, not yet it seems. Game play is ok up high but not down low when chasing an escaping bomber or fighter. In fact down very low I think the stutters have got worse (need some more testing).

Rick

322Sqn_Dusty
10-17-2011, 09:03 PM
Initial impression for me.
Better AVG FPS.
Still micro stutters.
On playing Black death, first run goes ok, when getting out of track, entering menu and going back, playing the track again gives horrible stutters and freezes.

SNAFU
10-17-2011, 09:09 PM
Is this a bug report thread? :)

Well, so far so good, as the beta, a step into the right direction. I hoped the with the beta brought back blue ATI lines would have been fixed with the official patch and the RAF radio bug in combination with the custom menu had been an issue of the beta, but well, lets hope for the next patch. Netcode lag causing the ghostcons is still present. ;(

Were the cockpit glas shadows already in the beta? I didnĀ“t miss them...;)

I have no performance problems since the first beta anymore, but still the launcher.exe crashes after about 2hours on our server with 30-40 AIs in air on the channel map.

machoo
10-17-2011, 09:27 PM
Well for me it's the same as the Beta. It's just official. Moving the ball forward though ;)

ChwyNiblet
10-17-2011, 09:30 PM
Still haven't gotten the update from Steam yet..humm.

ush
10-17-2011, 11:46 PM
Big change in the 109s' engine and weapons sounds, much weedier. Gunnery seems easier, does'nt feel like your banging away with mk 108 canons anymore :grin:

NedLynch
10-18-2011, 12:50 AM
I do believe the manual prop pitch issue in the E4 is fixed now, didn't try auto pitch, but I flew for about 90 minutes now and I cannot see the dial continuing to advance by itself when I put the prop pitch to the middle position, dial speed seems to be ok now as well.

Other than that maybe the sounds are a little better, no performance issues here, can't tell yet if performance is better (got to try my test mission with lots of planes and clouds)but it's certainly not worse.

Oh and maybe I can mention this here, we not only got an official patch but IL2DCE has gotten an update today as well :grin:.

ACE-OF-ACES
10-18-2011, 01:34 AM
For me nothing much has changed, maybe the sounds have improved very slightly but the micro stutters are still there.I just finished playing a couple of hours worth online.. And I did not notice too much difference in how it looked from the beta patch..

But the sound.. much Much MUCH better wrt planes nearby.. I can actully hear them now when they next to me

As for the micro-stutters.. I think that means differnet things to different people.. There will allways be a stutter here and there in any game! As in IL-2 when someone joins online, you get that stutter (pause).. Than there is the slide show pause/stutter you get over the highly detailed ground objects.. But that is an easy fix! And there are two ways to fix it! one get a new video card, two turn down the detail. Its that simple! Hopfully once they optimise the code you will be able to turn the detail back up a bit.

Had hopes that there would be some Sli/crossfire support, not yet it seems.
True

Game play is ok up high but not down low when chasing an escaping bomber or fighter. In fact down very low I think the stutters have got worse (need some more testing).
See above, two ways to fix that.

ATAG_Dutch
10-18-2011, 01:42 AM
Just had a great night on ATAG server.

As soon as I started my engine at Hawkinge, a 109 came howling down strafing the airfield, including me. I was so gobsmacked with the sound of the attack, with the whistle and growl of the DB overlayed by the rattle and chug of the guns, I wasn't even upset about having to start over.

First impressions?

Bloody marvellous.

If they've sorted the track editor too, I'm good (I'll try that tomorrow).;)

ACE-OF-ACES
10-18-2011, 01:44 AM
Just had a great night on ATAG server.

As soon as I started my engine at Hawkinge, a 109 came howling down strafing the airfield, including me. I was so gobsmacked with the sound of the attack, with the whistle and growl of the DB overlayed by the rattle and chug of the guns, I wasn't even upset about having to start over.

First impressions?

Bloody marvellous.

If they've sorted the track editor too, I'm good (I'll try that tomorrow).;)

LOL! I think that was me! There was another Hurri rolling as I hit the Hurri stationary (you).. That rolling Hurri was quick.. As I straifed and passed over the stationary Hurri I flew right into the gunsites of the rolling Hurri.. Who pulled the trigger and rittled me good!

RickRuski
10-18-2011, 06:57 AM
Tried all those and more Ace, even tried turning off anti-virus plus all settings to low in options. I'm getting good frame rates and Sli is working reasonably well for me (have even tried disabling Sli), tried v/s on and off, tried no cockpit, reducing clouds, no difference. I can run this sim at full settings with good frame rates (30--45 over land) but no matter what I try these damb stutters remain. I was not getting them over water but the 15950 patch has started them there as well. I will just have to do some more testing and isolating. Had some mods installed thought it might be the culprit so isolated them, no difference. I only play off line so I can't put it down to internet connection. Getting to the stage where I don't know what to try next. I know that unoptimised Sli can cause problems so will just have to see what the team comes up with.

cheers

Rick

AMD M4N98TD-EVO
AMD Phenom2 965 x 4 3.4gig
8gig DDR3 Ram
2x GTS 450 Sli (1gig each)
1Tb HDD Partitioned x 5
700w Coolermaster single rail P/S 52a
19" Samsung 931BW monitor
1280 x 960 Resolution

EAF51/155_TonyR
10-18-2011, 07:44 AM
The horizon blue lines are still here. But i like the new sun. Much better now.

I took this track on ATAG some days ago.

Track with 15866 patch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMSwPvPvwvc

And same track with 15950:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chprM5RuX5w

Im happy. :-)

Flanker35M
10-18-2011, 08:05 AM
S!

Just remove those annoying STATIC reflections on gauges. Really do not understand why people think they make the sim more atmospheric when they do not change at all no matter how you maneuver. But matter of preference I guess ;)

McFeckit
10-18-2011, 08:41 AM
+1

Reflections look naff and seeing an empty seat reflection kicks the immersion in the puppies.