PDA

View Full Version : Please make a copy of your old version for backup.

Jaws2002
10-17-2011, 04:49 PM
For those that didn't instal the new official version, make a copy of your game folder just in case.
I didn't and now it looks like I'll be stuck on a game that I don't like anymore. :(

RCAF_FB_Orville
10-17-2011, 04:55 PM
I did Jaws, fortunately, otherwise in its current form I would not touch it again....no exaggeration. Great advice. Do it.

Jaws, did you buy the DVD Rom? If so, it will only go up to a certain stage, maybe you can then quickly stop any attempt at upgrading it by steam, (possibly disable auto update quickly or abort it) then install a patch that worked for you? Worth a try I suppose.

adonys
10-17-2011, 04:56 PM
you can have any of the betas back just by applying them on your game.

if you want an older official version, then you need a backup of it. I don't know if anyone kept a backup of the official versions.

I will make a backup of the latest official v1.02.14821 Release (which is also the NA release), and we should also have the original RU/EU release (I don't know which version number had that, if anyone else knows, please tell me).

What we don't have anymore (if no one kept them backed up) are the v1.01.14550 Retail and v1.00.13954 Release..

All the rest were beta's, and we have them as archives.

So.. anyone with the above two v1.01.14550 Retail and v1.00.13954 Release version backups, please?!!

JG52Krupi
10-17-2011, 04:58 PM
Whats so bad with this patch?

From what I have heard so far its all good apart from the cockpit reflections.

Jaws2002
10-17-2011, 05:10 PM

The new "streamlined" lighting engine, that deals with the colors pretty much blows.
The game looks three years older now and it runs quite a bit worse than the last official version.
When I get clouds in view my fps drops down to single digits, with two planes in view, in the middle of the chanel.

I'll try a bit more, but honestly, I have no use for the game as it looks and runs now.

CaptainDoggles
10-17-2011, 05:49 PM
Decrease your graphics settings maybe.

A lot of folks forget what it was like when the original IL-2 was new, and the engine was so demanding that we couldn't fly over cities without getting severe frame rate hits.

Trooper117
10-17-2011, 06:20 PM
lol.. yes, I remember.. I was so frustrated at the time then as well! :)

LoBiSoMeM
10-17-2011, 06:20 PM
Decrease your graphics settings maybe.

A lot of folks forget what it was like when the original IL-2 was new, and the engine was so demanding that we couldn't fly over cities without getting severe frame rate hits.

+1000. I'm uploading a small video with settings in "Very High" and with "custom" settings. The game visual is almost the same, but with MUCH BETTER performance!

gelbevierzehn
10-17-2011, 06:56 PM

I made no backup and WOW... the first impression:

109 Proppitch bug is history :)
and the reflections of the instruments are back... :)

That will be a nice testing session tonight...

robtek
10-17-2011, 06:56 PM
Just remember the cache was deleted and has to be filled again.
That might lead to stutters and low fps when objects appear for the first time.

But its a childish overreaction imo anyway.

CaptainDoggles
10-17-2011, 06:59 PM
Just remember the cache was deleted and has to be filled again.
That might lead to stutters and low fps when objects appear for the first time.

But its a childish overreaction imo anyway.

I thought it was common knowledge that after an update you start the game, then quit and restart it so that the cache is built before you play?

albx
10-17-2011, 07:02 PM
I have no problem with the patch, and the spit Ia got the CSP prop pitch :D

LcSummers
10-17-2011, 07:04 PM
I have no problem. I like it. Sure, have to test more but my first impression is good

Bokononist
10-17-2011, 08:08 PM
The new "streamlined" lighting engine, that deals with the colors pretty much blows.
The game looks three years older now and it runs quite a bit worse than the last official version.
When I get clouds in view my fps drops down to single digits, with two planes in view, in the middle of the chanel.

I'll try a bit more, but honestly, I have no use for the game as it looks and runs now.

I had quite a hit when I installed the last beta so I tried changing a few things, in the end changing to 'psuedo' fullscreen mode did the trick, smooth as butter now...

fruitbat
10-17-2011, 08:10 PM
working for me quite nicely,

http://www.dangerdogz.com/forums/uploads/gallery/album_5/gallery_607_5_197827.jpg

T}{OR
10-17-2011, 08:14 PM
I dunno, sounds are awesome, and colors look "darn right" now.

But, my FPS is down in the drain. In particular when flying through a cloud - drops down to 15 FPS!

In comparison with the latest official patch, I lost some 20 frames - that is with OC-ing my rig in the process!

Specs:

i52500k @ 4.5 GHz
Asus P8P67 EVO
GTX 580 Lightning (driver v. 275.33)
2x4 GB RAM

Res: 1920x1200

And no, I don't have Epilepsy Filter on.

fruitbat
10-17-2011, 08:17 PM
hi thor, i've got a similarish system, but with my 580 overclocked i'm using the 285.38 beta drivers, and there working good.

T}{OR
10-17-2011, 08:38 PM
hi thor, i've got a similarish system, but with my 580 overclocked i'm using the 285.38 beta drivers, and there working good.

Thanks, will try that and report back.

T}{OR
10-19-2011, 02:34 PM
No change. Few FPS more, but nothing to write home about. Flying through clouds still murders my FPS.

With last official patch I had 30-40 FPS almost constant with everything on max except textures. Not anymore. Seems this patch was intended for ATI users.

Back to the shelf with this one. Perhaps the next official patch makes it playable again.