PDA

View Full Version : Old patch v1.05.15950 is now live! What to expect next.

Pages : [1] 2

luthier
10-17-2011, 02:58 PM
Hi everyone,

The patch has gone up to steam. It should autoupdate your game version in a few hours once it propagates down to the world. As long as autoupdate is enabled in your steam (Library – Cliffs of Dover – RMB – Properties – Updates – Always keep this game up to date) you do not to take any further actions.

Patch notes can be found below.

And here’s where we are in terms of plans. We obviously remain hard at work on the series. We will continue to improve the game up until the eventual release of its sequel.

Our main priorities now are:

1. Physics and FM. This means plane behavior in the air, brand new landing gear model on the ground, collision modeling including tree collision (if performance allows), and improved vehicle physics.
2. AI. Currently working on everyone’s favorite controls flutter and AI wingman behavior. Also working on improving radio comms, getting your crew to be more verbose on the intercom, and lots of other changes. Coupled with #1, this should give us quite a dramatic change in how air combat looks and feels.
3. Performance. We are in final stages of testing a thorough overhaul of the game’s graphic engine. It won’t look any different but it will be much more streamlined. It’s too early to say what the FPS increase will be in the final version, but it shouldn’t be less than 50%.
4. Sound. The sound in the v15950 is considered a beta. We will continue to improve existing sound, and to add new ones to the aircraft and to the world around them.
5. SDK. As promised earlier, still planning to release a map-making SDK in the near future. More details will be released when we are ready for them.

I won’t put an ETA on any specific feature at this point. We will go through the same general process as before: internal testing first, then open external testing, and then finally the release. Generally, releases should follow at about the same pace as they have with the current patch.

Thanks everyone, and we hope you enjoy the game!

v1.05.15950 patch notes:
The latest patch adds an entirely new sound engine , new multiplayer maps, and new aircraft. It contains the following changes:

MAIN
* Drastically reworked graphic algorithms dealing with in-game color;
* Rewrote the sound engine from scratch;
* Added three new multiplayer maps: Steppe (medium), Fields (small), and Scimitar (small), as well as a few basic online missions for them;
* Updated multiplayer GUI to allow users to easily select a position in an existing plane, and to see the number of planes within each side before selecting it;
* Added two new aircraft - Bf. 109 E-4 and Bf. 109 E-4/B. These two are equipped with MG/FF-M cannons and so make use of the famous Minegeschoss;
* Spitfire model Mk. Ia has been reequipped with a constant-speed airscrew.
* Some changes to the internal structure of Bf. 110s and Spitfire Mk. Ia may cause records created with previous versions of the game to play back with with animations that differ from what was recorded.

AIRCRAFT
* Bf. 109 E-4 has been equipped with Komandgerat airscrew automation;
* Reworked routines for gyro bombsights;
* Removed allusion to Engine 4 from He 111 model;
* Improved memory consumption for multi-crew aircraft;
* Airborne status is now checked correctly even if the aircraft in question departed prematurely;
* Landing status should be applied correctly when ditching in water;

VISUALS
* Reworked bombardier cockpits in aircraft so affected (He. 111 and Ju. 8 to accomodate new Lotfe gyro routines;
* Small caliber bullet hits on the ground now show difference in material being hit;
* Modifications in Blenheim's damage visuals;
* Added a range of visual SFX for higher-caliber guns;
* New bombsight visuals in Blenheim bombardier's cabin;
* Returned the famous Il-2 stall sound effect;
* Doubled the distance at which the tracers can be seen;
* You will no longer see engine exhaust fires when viewing in a HUD-only cockpit mode;
* Reversed movement of throttle and mix in D.H. 82;
* Fixed distance input error in gunsight for Spitfire and Hurricane;
* Fixed glitch with Bf. 110's prop hub tactical colour band;
* Added spinner colouring to Ju. 88.

PHYSICS & A.I.
* Increased Lotfe bombsight gyro operational limit to 15 degrees of aircraft roll / pitch;
* Lotfe type bomb sight now stabilizes aiming platform to horizontal plane;
* Removed sudden jump in view angle when viewing through Lotfe ocular and moving bomb sight elevation for the first time in the flight;
* Increased side slip input limit to +/* 30 degrees for the Lotfe bomb sight;
* Made Kurssteuerung mode 2 for level bombers. This mode will also stabilize the aircraft in level flight;
* Reworked motor startup routines to accomodate new options available in the new sound engine;
* Adjusted ricochet angles on firm surfaces;
* Redesigned bomb sight in Blenheim and made it easier and more realistic to use;
* Blenheim bomb sight plane is now adjustable to reflect changes in plane AoA in level flight. Correction is applied automatically over a period of sustained flight and can compensate up to 3 degree changes in plane attitude;
* Fixed issue where overstress would inflict damage to airframe regardless of the Vulnerability difficulty setting;
* Fixed an issue where D.H. 82 could retain traction when the engine part was shot off;
* Adjusted head shake level for overspeed effects;
* Increased critical airspeed for Bf. 110 to 650 kph;
* You will no longer suffer certain control difficulties below critical airspeed;
* Removed velocity threshold for leading slats operation;
* Decreased default harmonizing distance for G.50's guns to 200 meters;
* Reworked the way altimeter reacts to pitot icing;
* Lowered the speed at which airframe is defrosted;
* Fixed stuttering movement of He. 111 P's propellor pitch and indicator;
* A.I. artillery gunners will no longer commit suicide by shooting the concrete wall of the bunker they are stationed in;
* Bf. 110 fuel reserve warning light recalibrated to turn on at 100 liters remaining for all 4 tanks.
* Reworked the Bf. 110 fuel system. Please refer to the manual for operational instructions.

NETWORK
* Changes to bombs' detonators setup will now be carried over once applied without the need to rejoin the server;
* Increased Lotfe bombsight gyro operational limit to 15 degrees of roll / pitch. This will give more tolerance to aircraft maneuvers as strict limits put too much obstacle to communication between bombardier and pilot while playing on-line;
* When flying as a bombardier, you should now use "Aircraft - Drop Ordnance (Bombs)" key (instead of "General - Fire Current Weapon" key) to drop bombs.
* Added new server settings that determine the message format for new air group creation.

MISC.
* Decreased bombsight altitude indents by ten times. This will give you more control of the altitude input and make bomb sight aiming more precise;
* You can now switch off the boost cut-out control in Spitfires;
* Corrected a typo where propellor and oil radiator controls for separate engines had increase and decrease key bindings swapped in controls setup panel;
* Fixed keyboard propellor pitch controls getting jammed into a narrow range;
* Directional controls feedback will no longer disappear from info windows every time you reenter the game.

susw
10-17-2011, 03:01 PM
thank you luthier for the next patch...

Manu22
10-17-2011, 03:02 PM
Great, thx Luthier

Fjordmonkey
10-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Looks good! Now to wait for Steam's silly butt to get the patch downloaded :D

JG52Uther
10-17-2011, 03:04 PM
Thanks Luthier. Has anything changed from the beta?

David198502
10-17-2011, 03:05 PM
thx luthier!!!
thank you for the patch and thank you for the roadmap....what about the surprises you mentioned??is it still top secret?

Towarisch
10-17-2011, 03:07 PM
hello luthier.

Thank yo so much for your work and for this information.

YES.......we enjoy this great Sim

With Best Regards

Towarisch

JG52Krupi
10-17-2011, 03:09 PM
By sequel do you mean addon or will Moscow be a standalone!!

Edit: thanks for the info great news, should keep everyone happy :) for an hour or two ;)

Oh and thanks for the correction scavenger.

Jaws2002
10-17-2011, 03:12 PM
Thanks Luthier and team for the updates.

I'm really scared now.
I hope the reflections and beauty lost in the last beta are back.:eek:

skouras
im curious to see if the reflections in the planes come back..
thanks team for the work
great news

Tree_UK
The Patch notes haven't changed, can you post the new patch notes up please Luthier, ie. what as changed from the beta to the official patch??

Jaws2002
By sequel do you mean addon or will Stalingrad be a standalone!!

It makes no sense to make it just stand alone.

Scavenger
10-17-2011, 03:15 PM
By sequel do you mean addon or will Stalingrad be a standalone!!

Il-2: Battle of Moscow, winter 1941-1942

Krt_Bong
10-17-2011, 03:15 PM
Played the latest Beta online yesterday and I was seeing two dots for every aircraft even when I got closer to the aircraft there would be an aircraft shape followed closely by a dot making it appear as though two planes were in tight formation, once I closed to a reasonable distance to identify the plane in question the dot would disappear. I'm wondering if this could be an ATI issue or does everybody get these regardless?

Lolsav
10-17-2011, 03:16 PM
Who has beta installed can just turn the update on?

Scavenger
10-17-2011, 03:16 PM
The Patch notes haven't changed, can you post the new patch notes up please Luthier, ie. what as changed from the beta to the official patch??

your magnifying glass is useless, huh? :-P A constant speed air screw for spitfire 1a, for example

JG52Uther
10-17-2011, 03:17 PM
Who has beta installed can just turn the update on?

Yes, you can overwrite.

LcSummers
10-17-2011, 03:19 PM
Thanks, GREAT!!!

Tree_UK
10-17-2011, 03:19 PM
I just remembered didn't Luthier say that FSAA will be fixed in this patch?

Tree_UK
10-17-2011, 03:20 PM
your magnifying glass is useless, huh? :-P A constant speed air screw for spitfire 1a, for example

Its not a real one, you do know that dont you. :grin:

JG52Uther

No soup for you!

Tvrdi
Yes, you can overwrite.

do we need to clear cache files from my docs, first?

Guys who already updated..is (ingame) FSAA working now?

T}{OR
Thansk for this, re-downloading the game and will try it tonight.

JG52Krupi
10-17-2011, 03:21 PM

No next I thought!

JG52Uther
10-17-2011, 03:21 PM

I would clear cache first personally mate. Some people even verify game files to go back to standard and then update.

JG52Krupi
10-17-2011, 03:22 PM

FYI delete the shader folder only, that way you don't have to get the skins all over again :D

Scavenger
10-17-2011, 03:22 PM

nope, he said that a true AA will come with new version of graphic engine.

el0375
10-17-2011, 03:23 PM
any link for the patch?
did somebody start getting the update from steam?

Thank you Luthier and Team!!

JG52Krupi
10-17-2011, 03:28 PM
any link for the patch?
did somebody start getting the update from steam?

Thank you Luthier and Team!!

Steam does it all for you dude. Just verify cache in steam before the patch downloads.

Just clear cache folder in documents area.

el0375
10-17-2011, 03:31 PM
still on 1.02
and no download has started, yet

Scavenger
10-17-2011, 03:31 PM
Steam does it all for you dude. Just verify cache in steam before the patch downloads.

it will be the same result, if you'll do it after, I think

JG52Krupi
10-17-2011, 03:34 PM
still on 1.02
and no download has started, yet

Steam will be reviewing the patch to make sure it meets there requirements etc

MoGas
10-17-2011, 03:37 PM
cool stuff, we moving on...

Jaws2002
10-17-2011, 03:40 PM
To be honest, I'm worried with this changes we got in last the beta.:(

addman
10-17-2011, 03:41 PM
Cool! Thanks luths! Will be interesting to see what has been improved/added since the beta.:)

AMVI_Superblu
10-17-2011, 03:50 PM
Thanks Devs.
Will be testing this ASAP :D

Scavenger
10-17-2011, 03:54 PM
That's what they have just spent a month doing.
Ref the OP's post, they only thing they regard a beta still is the sound.
no he describes their plans about future/
http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=71828&page=7&p=1694992#post1694992

also translate it with google.

droz
10-17-2011, 03:56 PM
I remember you mentioning something secret that hasn't been done in Sims before, and will leave other Sims drooling. What is it, and is it in game now?

Flanker35M
10-17-2011, 03:56 PM
S!

So instead of tapping F5 everyone is now staring at Steam if it starts to download something?:razz:

addman
10-17-2011, 04:00 PM
S!

So instead of tapping F5 everyone is now staring at Steam if it starts to download something?:razz:

Correction! Everyone else except me are staring at Steam whilst I do something else, then everyone else will notify me when the patch has arrived.:cool:

Ze-Jamz
10-17-2011, 04:00 PM
Downloading for me, lets see whats porked then

ATAG_Dutch
10-17-2011, 04:01 PM
'Spitfire model Mk. Ia has been reequipped with a constant-speed airscrew.'

I actually feel like dancing a can-can. Shame I have sciatica!:grin:

addman
10-17-2011, 04:04 PM

J*sus! Jamz, that just HAS to be the most annoying/distracting signature picture in internet forum history. Congratulations I guess.

Flanker35M
S!

Seems it does..some 760mb. Was reading etc. and noted the update :) And Shaun The Sheep on DVD rolling..one of best kid proggies :)

KeBrAnTo
Thanks very mouch Luthier, but I also would love to know about if you plan to release some kind of "official" DeviceLink or similar interface to link external gauges for the people who play in a home-made cockpit or similar.

Thanks.

mazex
10-17-2011, 04:05 PM
Thanks a lot Ilya!

The road map looks really promising!

Mazex

onchas
10-17-2011, 04:05 PM
Patch just started downloading off Steam for me.

what was the big surprise? Anyone know yet?

Jaws2002
10-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Coming down the pipes from Steam.

Oh the horror!!!:lol:

mazex
10-17-2011, 04:07 PM
J*sus! Jamz, that just HAS to be the most annoying/distracting signature picture in internet forum history. Congratulations I guess.

I recommend using Tapatalk on a tablet to browse this forum... No sigs and no banana yellow ;)

Mazex

el0375
10-17-2011, 04:07 PM
download just started :grin::grin:

Ze-Jamz
10-17-2011, 04:08 PM

Haha, and now it will stay even longer :cool:

ATAG_Dutch
10-17-2011, 04:08 PM
I'm sitting here with my trackIR cap on, waiting for the end of the download.

How sad is that? :rolleyes:

addman
10-17-2011, 04:09 PM
I recommend using Tapatalk on a tablet to browse this forum... No sigs and no banana yellow ;)

Mazex

Oh yeah, I saw some pop-up about that whilst I was browsing in Dolphin HD the other day, maybe I'll give it a gosh then.

=XIII=Shea
10-17-2011, 04:09 PM
Should i uninstall the game and reinstall,as since i got CLOD i have been putting on beta patches,

Froddi
10-17-2011, 04:10 PM
Good work thanks!!

Flanker35M
10-17-2011, 04:10 PM
S!

Shea, just verify the game content, clear cache and let it update :) SHOULD work...

archer11
10-17-2011, 04:12 PM

Always with the negative waves, Moriarty. Always with the negative waves... :-P

mazex
10-17-2011, 04:15 PM
Oh yeah, I saw some pop-up about that whilst I was browsing in Dolphin HD the other day, maybe I'll give it a gosh then.

Use dolphin too for web browsing , but Tapatalk rules for forums. Worth every penny. The trick is just to find this forum ;) Search for 1cpublishing - no space...

Mazex

Jaws2002
10-17-2011, 04:27 PM
Reflections are gone, just like in the last beta. They just dumbed it down.

I would understand if I was getting better frames, but i get now very bad drop in FPS when the clouds come into view.

Now. Is there a way to restore the last one?

jf1981
10-17-2011, 04:33 PM
Least beut not last !

So thanks !

By the way, CoD is getting marvellous, so that's pretty clear that CoD was on the way, it has been released not yet finished, for myself, as long as devs keep doing a great job, I'm absolutely fine with it.

Flanker35M
10-17-2011, 04:41 PM
S!

Worse performance on my rig compared to beta for some reason, lot of stutter and lower FPS. Also when compared to last official patch the "3 blue lines" are back and the squareish flickering area around you :( And conf.ini has no resolution data etc.

RCAF_FB_Orville
10-17-2011, 04:44 PM
:)

smink1701
10-17-2011, 04:44 PM
Great, great news. Luthier, you get this game sorted in a timely way and I will buy the sequel, and the next and the next.

PS...so what's the new "Mystery Game Element? :grin:

Strike
10-17-2011, 04:55 PM
so what's the new "Mystery Game Element? :grin:

+1

Also thanks for releasing patch and telling us something about the road ahead! But you really have us at the edge of our seats about this new feature! I'd like a sneak peek :P

either way, off to testing patch now! I hope multiplayer memleak/launcher.exe crash is fixed cause it was ruining my day. (I had fluid gameplay initially after client connect then degrading performance starting at 60fps going down to 6 fps at worst then launcher.exe crash.)

Good luck guys! Already "feel" like I'm there when I see those beautiful smoke tracers from the MGFF M roaring towards the spits, tearing them up!

SEE
10-17-2011, 04:56 PM
'Spitfire model Mk. Ia has been reequipped with a constant-speed airscrew.'

I actually feel like dancing a can-can. Shame I have sciatica!:grin:

OMG.....I couldn't believe my eyes when I read that.....yipee!

JG52Uther
10-17-2011, 05:01 PM
Downloading now.I'm more worried than excited TBH...

adonys
10-17-2011, 05:01 PM
oh well, the Radio Comms are still badly broken, as from the launch day.
AI ignoring you being part of their flight too.
And also the wrong player flight aircraft numbering bug is still present.

Thanks for the patch and for the info, though :(

PS: the land and cockpit colors are much better now in v1.05.15959 (rather close to v1.03.15527 (beta patch 1) than v1.04.15866 (beta patch 2), which is good), and the reflections are back (again rather close to v1.03.15527 (beta patch 1) than v1.04.15866 (beta patch 2), which is also good) :)

addman
10-17-2011, 05:03 PM
Downloading now.I'm more worried that excited TBH...

Don't tell me you're "squirming" *giggles*

JG52Uther
10-17-2011, 05:06 PM
Don't tell me you're "squirming" *giggles*

No mate, more fed up than anything else, and worried that this patch might be worse than the last one...

ACE-OF-ACES
10-17-2011, 05:06 PM
Dang.. wonder if I can duck out of work early today? ;)

Thanks Luither!

Ze-Jamz
10-17-2011, 05:07 PM
Always with the negative waves, Moriarty. Always with the negative waves... :-P

....Really?

41Sqn_Stormcrow
10-17-2011, 05:09 PM
I am highly pleased with two things:

- Spit1a has now CSP
- FM will be worked on. This is currently my top priority after some performance issues.

Ze-Jamz
10-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Has the PP been fixed on the e-4?

addman
10-17-2011, 05:12 PM
Who will be the first to find the awesome new addition? *chukles*

archer11
10-17-2011, 05:12 PM
....Really?

From what I've read so far, you were right. Question now is: because of them negative waves? ;)

I really, really hope, it's only because of not emptied cache-folders. But I fear, that's not the cause...

slm
10-17-2011, 05:14 PM
After one test mission:
+sounds
+gfx performance seems good, sometimes very good. But haven't flown over cities yet

old bug:
the 2 big rectangles over the map bug which I've mentioned in bug threads of 2 previous patches is still there.

new bug:
while chasing a Spitfire with Bf109-4, I accidentally rammed it. My plane exploded immediately, but the Spitfire continued flying as if nothing had happened. There is a piece of tail missing, but I'm not sure if that was caused by the crash or my firing earlier. Anyway, the plane kept flying even though I think its tail would have been pretty much destroyed by my propellor and the explosion.

Here's how the plane looked:

Ze-Jamz
10-17-2011, 05:14 PM
Just seems to me its always 1 step forward, 2 back now..

Yes we have a CSP for the SPit, brilliant..but i think we need the orig lighting effects back, the better FPS back and the ORIGINAL cockpits back too while were there..

MD_Titus
10-17-2011, 05:21 PM
oh you optimist...

oh wait

Yes we have a CSP for the SPit, brilliant..but i think we need the orig lighting effects back, the better FPS back and the ORIGINAL cockpits back too while were there..

hmm, not tested yet. sounds a mixed bag from the posts so far though...

is it an idea for all to clear cache files etc as with applying the beta patch?

skouras
10-17-2011, 05:24 PM
Has the PP been fixed on the e-4?

yes
yeahh we've got the reflections in cockpit back
also the orange gauges in the BF 110 is back

ATAG_Bliss
10-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Ok - for MP - This patch is AWESOME so far!

Been playing with between 40-60 players and haven't had a stutter from a spawn, connect, or disconnect yet. I've only had 1 or 2 very very small micro stutters on the deck thus far. (And I'm talking milliseconds)

This is by far the smoothest it's ever been. Now time for more testing!

Thanks fellas :D

yakaddict
I've been running the patch for about an hour now and the performance is actually improved on my system (i7 920 OC @ 3.72ghz, 12gb ram, gtx570 OC). I can actually fly at low level properly now, there are still stutters but they dont compare to how bad it was before, the water looks fantastic compared to before, and the sound is incredible. Overall I think this is a very evolutionary patch, I'm pretty happy with it. If we keep seeing development like this by mid 2012 we should have a truly spectacular game on our hands.

Jaws2002

Agree.

I really hope I can somehow restore the visuals from an older version. I tested and I can revert to the first beta, just in case, but I'd like the looks of the older official versions.:(

Kankkis
10-17-2011, 05:26 PM
i disabled hyperthreading from BIOS, it reduced a LOT of stuttering from my game.

Same problem with this patch than allways from launch. i fly first Crosscountry and get constant 60fps and game is really smooth, then i goto other missions and i got reduced performance, i goto back to crosscountry and i get 30-40fps.

only way i can get my smooth 60fps is relaunching the game.

Kankkis

Raggz
10-17-2011, 05:26 PM
Thanks to the team. And finally an official statement on the radio comms and AI wingmen behavior. Can't wait to get the next patch so i can play singel player as it should be played :)

the Dutchman
10-17-2011, 05:28 PM

1. Physics and FM. This means plane behavior in the air, brand new landing gear model on the ground, collision modeling including tree collision (if performance allows), and improved vehicle physics.
2. AI. Currently working on everyone’s favorite controls flutter and AI wingman behavior. Also working on improving radio comms, getting your crew to be more verbose on the intercom, and lots of other changes. Coupled with #1, this should give us quite a dramatic change in how air combat looks and feels.
3. Performance. We are in final stages of testing a thorough overhaul of the game’s graphic engine. It won’t look any different but it will be much more streamlined. It’s too early to say what the FPS increase will be in the final version, but it shouldn’t be less than 50%.
4. Sound. The sound in the v15950 is considered a beta. We will continue to improve existing sound, and to add new ones to the aircraft and to the world around them.
5. SDK. As promised earlier, still planning to release a map-making SDK in the near future. More details will be released when we are ready for them.

In short;

Developing a sim.........

Vengeanze
10-17-2011, 05:28 PM
I just wet myself.

Shouldn't be less than 50%??? MY FRIGGIN LORD!! That means close to 60 for me.
Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you v

310_cibule
10-17-2011, 05:29 PM
What the hell...? Yesterday I played CoD. No problem. Today I wanted to play/download patch, clicked on launcher.exe, cursor spinned for a while and then... NOTHING. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I had cleared cache folder only, nothing else (and yes I have a purchased official version from the Steam).

Desprit.

Any idea?

Raggz
10-17-2011, 05:38 PM
What the hell...? Yesterday I played CoD. No problem. Today I wanted to play/download patch, clicked on launcher.exe, cursor spinned for a while and then... NOTHING. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I had cleared cache folder only, nothing else (and yes I have a purchased official version from the Steam).

Desprit.

Any idea?

Uninstall the game, Delete the Il2 folder manually in your steamapps folder. Then clean up the settings folder (backup your controls settings, paint-schemes, missions and so on before deleting) "1c Softclub" in "my documents". Then reinstall. I found out i had a lot of leftovers from earlier betas and so on. This might be your case?

310_cibule
10-17-2011, 05:43 PM
Thx Raggz. I thought this would be the last thing to be considered.

But I am coming to conclusion this is the only one ;-)

Tavingon
10-17-2011, 05:54 PM
I read new aircraft then I got excited... then realised it was the later versions of the bf109 and felt sad

Frequent_Flyer
10-17-2011, 05:55 PM
It would seem the " surprise" feature is not very obvious or was not included within this patch. I do noty see any mention of it in any post to this point?
Anyone figure it out?

Insuber
10-17-2011, 06:05 PM
WOW! 82 players on ATAG now! Great!

Ataros
10-17-2011, 06:05 PM
Thx Raggz. I thought this would be the last thing to be considered.

But I am coming to conclusion this is the only one ;-)

No need to reinstall. You can verify cache(files) integrity in Steam and Steam fixes the setup for you if it is corrupted. You may wish to reset all settings though. You can backup your Documents/1C etc. folder in this case and delete the old one. The game will create default settings files for you. Copy the file with your keyboard commands from the backup folder to the newly created folder. It is also useful to backup info-windows positions which are located in the bottom of confUser.ini.

Ataros
10-17-2011, 06:08 PM
It would seem the " surprise" feature is not very obvious or was not included within this patch. I do noty see any mention of it in any post to this point?
Anyone figure it out?

It is supposed to be in the next patch, not this one. This is a 3rd version of the same patch because we had betas, not official releases.

Tacoma74
10-17-2011, 06:11 PM
Just flew for several hours on the ATAG server. Game no longer crashes for me online like it did with v15866. Got my first online kill today as well now that it runs more smoothly. It's turning out to be quite a good game.

Das Attorney
10-17-2011, 06:15 PM
Thanks to 1C team for continuing their hard work on this title

LoBiSoMeM
10-17-2011, 06:18 PM
Better performance here. Can we see "dots" through montains as in last beta?

Bloblast
10-17-2011, 06:25 PM
Great news, thanks!
Looking forward to the next updates.

41Sqn_Stormcrow
10-17-2011, 06:26 PM
Alas, for me I now have some stutters occasionally when offline and medium height (did not yet test it offline).

system:

vista 64
i7 920
GTX275
6 GB RAM

310_cibule
10-17-2011, 06:29 PM
No need to reinstall. You can verify cache(files) integrity in Steam and Steam fixes the setup for you if it is corrupted. You may wish to reset all settings though. You can backup your Documents/1C etc. folder in this case and delete the old one. The game will create default settings files for you. Copy the file with your keyboard commands from the backup folder to the newly created folder. It is also useful to backup info-windows positions which are located in the bottom of confUser.ini.

Too late :(

I have cleaned all the files already (back up conf and keyboard settings).

Then I wanted to install the game from the DVD but it reads "Gameuxinstallhelper.dll is missing, you may redownload it". No idea what it means.

So I have started downloading from the Steam again - a couple of hours left to the moment I can start testing :evil:

Kankkis
10-17-2011, 06:31 PM
Alas, for me I now have some stutters occasionally when offline and medium height (did not yet test it offline).

system:

vista 64
i7 920
GTX275
6 GB RAM

Try turn off hyperthreading for i7 920, reduces my stutter a lot.

41Sqn_Stormcrow
10-17-2011, 06:36 PM
Uhmp. Isn't Vista supposed to have problems with this turned off? Actually I hesitate to twitch that deep in my system just for some stutters that should not be there in the first place.

III/JG53_Don
10-17-2011, 06:37 PM
A Collision model for trees sounds pretty awesome. I really hope that its possible in the nearest future. For me its the worst issue in terms of atmosphere
Just imagine you're sitting in a plane with dead engine and you're desparately trying to find a spot to land with a ground full of trees etc :-)

Kankkis
10-17-2011, 06:41 PM
Uhmp. Isn't Vista supposed to have problems with this turned off? Actually I hesitate to twitch that deep in my system just for some stutters that should not be there in the first place.

No problems, many of new prosessor doesen't even have that feature anymore.
You can allways turn it back to on if you need to, many gamers turn it off from bios because of problems with games.

RCAF_FB_Orville
10-17-2011, 06:49 PM
*Holds hands up* I had a dodgy download. From 25 FPS earlier,it is now excellent (50 plus)

Ok, did a complete reinstall (year zero) wiping out all traces of CoD from system (registry the lot). I would recommend trying this if you are having serious problems too, and nothing else is working for you.

Can confirm the framerates are now superb, performance is generally good barring slight microstutters at low level. Still not a fan of new landscape and different pits look (though the reflections are now back after my corrupt download and complete reinstall).

Overall, fairly happy thus far. Have yet to test new Spit prop addition. I apologise for playing funny buggers and being a sarcastic gimp prior, lol (have removed the post). :grin:

My performance was horrific prior to the complete reinstall though, in mitigation. Also remember (very important) to check that 'Stereomode' for 3d in confi.ini has not reset itself (it does) with a long string of numbers (6 figures or so I think beginning with '3') and keep it to 0 (your 1c SoftClub folder, not the other).

Much better now. Yours penitently, Orville.

Cheers. :grin:

Insuber
10-17-2011, 07:03 PM
tested online, no issues at all (though ATAG server crashed afaik before I could enter, at around 82 players), AI still behaving crazily, the next patch will be welcome for that.

TheSpitfirePilot
10-17-2011, 07:20 PM
My Game has just got the patch. I must tell you IT'S WORTH IT!!!! :grin:
You will see what I mean ;)

ATAG_Bliss
10-17-2011, 07:21 PM
tested online, no issues at all (though ATAG server crashed afaik before I could enter, at around 82 players), AI still behaving crazily, the next patch will be welcome for that.

Wish I knew why it acted that way. Here's a little perspective:

I captured the dedi server's cpu usage with 70 people on.

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/1369/dediusage.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/694/dediusage.jpg/)

And the bandwidth:

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/2103/bandwidth70.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/bandwidth70.jpg/)

I've raised netspeed again just incase the server wanted to use more. 20mbps of upload isn't really much with a 10gbps line. We'll see if it helps :rolleyes:

But so far, for performance online is very very good.. Best ever IMO.

BRIGGBOY
10-17-2011, 07:29 PM
thank you very much for the patch and csp for spit

von Pilsner
10-17-2011, 07:34 PM
And here’s where we are in terms of plans. We obviously remain hard at work on the series. We will continue to improve the game up until the eventual release of its sequel.

I won’t put an ETA on any specific feature at this point. We will go through the same general process as before: internal testing first, then open external testing, and then finally the release. Generally, releases should follow at about the same pace as they have with the current patch.

Thanks everyone, and we hope you enjoy the game!

That is great news! :D

Qpassa
10-17-2011, 07:38 PM
thanks for update and for telling us what are you going now to do

Osprey
10-17-2011, 07:39 PM
Dear Luthier,

I would consider little more important than a Spitfire with a constant speed propeller. The RAF has already foregone 100 octane fuel and are suffering with the two-stage prop.

FM and AI fine, but still not the actual Spitfire type which was in battle?

Welshman
10-17-2011, 07:40 PM
the spit 1a may have a cs prop but its still a slow ass POS

Osprey
10-17-2011, 07:43 PM
That'll teach me to assume.... I saw the readme and didn't wat to read it a 3rd time! Apologies to Luthier. Looking forward to the Spitfire CSP :)

NLS61
10-17-2011, 07:46 PM
Well downloaded this beta.
I like what I see a lot
No stutters its all smooth, untill i get a launcher.exe crash every time some times quick sometimes after 10 minutes never later.
The first installment of the game dint have this problem.
So unplayeble because of launcher crash.

Niels

kestrel79
10-17-2011, 07:48 PM
Sounds good. Can't wait to finally get on the ATAG server now that there's an official patch.

JG4_Bendwick
10-17-2011, 07:54 PM
JU 88 no High Stabilisation
and Kreiselcompass dosent work .

NedLynch
10-17-2011, 08:08 PM
Well downloaded this beta.
I like what I see a lot
No stutters its all smooth, untill i get a launcher.exe crash every time some times quick sometimes after 10 minutes never later.
The first installment of the game dint have this problem.
So unplayeble because of launcher crash.

Niels

There is nothing to download, steam does it for you. This is the official patch. Or did you download the last beta patch and did not apply the hotfix?

T}{OR
10-17-2011, 08:12 PM
Runs more stable, sounds and colors are amazing, FF seems better as well.

But... I lost some 20 FPS compared to the latest official patch. And I OC-ed my system in the mean time!

Specs:

i52500k @ 4.5 GHz
Asus P8P67 EVO
GTX 580 Lightning (driver v. 275.33)
2x4 GB RAM

Res: 1920x1200

EDIT: And no, I don't have Epilepsy Filter on.

Osprey
10-17-2011, 08:34 PM
What cooling do you have on that rig Thor?

CWMV
Update your drivers to 280+, huge difference.

utu
The greenish windshields for the hurry and the spit are back :) More perfomance compared to the previous beta, in terms of smoothness. Added damaged engine noise, be careful to your ears... Now the enemy gunners are snipers, if you chase a 110 for more than few seconds in the same position, the gunner will kill you. The Ai doesn't seem improved, crazy rolling rates for the enemy planes. The crazy shaking head when the engine is damaged, simulating a vibrating cockpit now is less epileptic, the same when you push forward your stick inside a spit or a hurry and the engine starts to cough.
This is my first look, in general the Devs made a very good work this time.

NLS61
10-17-2011, 08:37 PM
There is nothing to download, steam does it for you. This is the official patch. Or did you download the last beta patch and did not apply the hotfix?

Sorry team did update but i was so dissapointed that i called the update a beta.
Whatever I try i always get a launcher crash.
Also with the official patch ;)

T}{OR
10-17-2011, 08:40 PM
What cooling do you have on that rig Thor?

NH-D14 Temps don't go over 60-65° C. Best air cooler on the planet.

Update your drivers to 280+, huge difference.

I'm on it.

Bonkin
10-17-2011, 08:41 PM
All downloaded from Steam and ready to go. Not had a chance to check it out yet but some of the comments on here make it sound promising. Also - and something I'm quite pleased about - it looks like the multiplayer servers are getting busier!

scrope
10-17-2011, 08:48 PM
[QUOTE=utu;350434]The greenish windshields for the hurry and the spit are back :) More perfomance compared to the previous beta, in terms of smoothness. Added damaged engine noise, be careful to your ears..

Same here, absolutely no probs, love the new sounds, Spit taxis a lot better,
guns more effective, shot down 6 109s in mission, [ sorry about that blue's]
could'nt be happier. Big thankyou to Luthier and team.

skouras
10-17-2011, 08:48 PM
new reflections on propellers when you see the aircraft outside
it depends the light of course
i notice this on STUKA
love the reflections on the pit now
the orange colour style on the gauges in the BF110 return:(
the AI is crazy
no AA
new COMMANDS ON RADIOS BUT DOESN'T WORK
waiting for the next patch
big hit on fps with clouds
new sounds in some details[on engine fail..]
loadouts still not working on SP
good performance overall
BF-109E4 PP fixed,also not automatic radiators anymore:grin:
please keep them coming....:grin:

Osprey
10-17-2011, 08:50 PM
NH-D14 Temps don't go over 60-65° C. Best air cooler on the planet.

Wierd. I have a Noctua cooler, twin fan but only the single block (yes it's fantastic, and quiet too) and a 560Ti card but when I OC to 4.3 ROF/COD will freeze requiring a hard reset the moment it has to do anything hard. Now, I'm no OCer but it dented my confidence in the whole thing :( I'm running stock right now, need to have another crack at it.

Fansadox
10-17-2011, 08:51 PM
Anti Aliasing

where when what....

?

Osprey
10-17-2011, 08:54 PM
All downloaded from Steam and ready to go. Not had a chance to check it out yet but some of the comments on here make it sound promising. Also - and something I'm quite pleased about - it looks like the multiplayer servers are getting busier!

Time to get on Vent Bonkin - 501 have had a few shot down lately and we need to get you strapped in ;)

skouras
10-17-2011, 08:54 PM
Anti Aliasing

where when what....

?

hopefully next patch
if we are lucky

T}{OR
10-17-2011, 09:06 PM
Wierd. I have a Noctua cooler, twin fan but only the single block (yes it's fantastic, and quiet too) and a 560Ti card but when I OC to 4.3 ROF/COD will freeze requiring a hard reset the moment it has to do anything hard. Now, I'm no OCer but it dented my confidence in the whole thing :( I'm running stock right now, need to have another crack at it.

We should continue this over PM's.

Noctua ain't your problem there. :) More likely you didn't run Prime after OC'ing. I too have had similar experience with CloD - nothing crashed my rig except CloD first time I took it to 4.5 GHz lol. The (quick) mission in question is something with allies attacking a column, e.i. lots of ground objects and planes. Now that I have done my homework, run several days of different Prime stress tests with highest priority it all works like advertised.

ChwyNiblet
10-17-2011, 09:08 PM
Would it be possible for someone to upload the maddox.dll for those of us with the russian version of the game? =]

41Sqn_Stormcrow
10-17-2011, 09:21 PM
Anyone noticed if the proppitch of the 109E1 to E4 (manual) have now correct speed?

Qpassa
10-17-2011, 09:31 PM
Would it be possible for someone to upload the maddox.dll for those of us with the russian version of the game? =]

buy european version :rolleyes:

322Sqn_Bbird
10-17-2011, 09:32 PM
Wow!!! Works like a charm here. Thanks!!!

BH_woodstock
10-17-2011, 09:36 PM
Thanks you for all the hard work in getting these patches out!:grin:

your dedication is appreciated.

~S~

peace.

BH_woodsotck
HYPER/STAFF

amd dual core 5400+
6gb ram
gtx460se
Win7 ultimate

CWMV
10-17-2011, 09:39 PM
buy european version :rolleyes:

Tool says what?
ChwyNiblet, there is a thread at SimHq that is updated regularly with them, soi Id suggest you check there. ;)

klingklang
10-17-2011, 09:41 PM
my graphics all corrupt \1 nvidia 580 re installed drivers etc i think ill have to uninstall and reinstall .

Winger
10-17-2011, 09:56 PM
Really good patch. Now most things seem to work again. I am back to Clod:)
Hopefully the new graphics engine brings SLI along and also Anti Aliasing. Long needed Features!!!

Winger

Dano
10-17-2011, 10:09 PM
Patch seems good so far, but can we get the severe fps drop with dust and clouds sorted please.

41Sqn_Stormcrow
10-17-2011, 10:41 PM
Feedback after some testing:
Thanks for giving reflexions back. The cockpit now looks really good!

Thanks for giving the 109 realistic proppitch rates now (manual proppitch. Haven't checked for automatic).

Sounds are really great now (and luckily removed sinking-ship-sound-during-tight-turns)

Thanks for CSP for Spit 1a.

Not so good:
The almost-as-crazy-as-before roll rates are back. Was much better before. My hope is that they rework the AI more in-depth in the future than just adding some additional features to old IL2 AI combined with unrealistic roll rates

Radio com still does not work and is still almost inaudible for RAF side.

Testing the speed of the 109E3: No change (I have not given up hope yet).

There's a graphical glitch when zooming out in external view of a Spit 2a (did not check for the other spits). I would post the screens if I hadn't lost them right now (must have pushed the wrong button). I try to reproduce it soon and post them. Meanwhile I try to describe:

From middle range looking from outside on the black side view of a Spit 2a the lower nose part and the oil cooler look wrong. The side of the oilcooler is white but should be black. And just a little more towards the spinner on the rim of the camouflage engine cover (left side) and the black bottom side there is a gab. Both disappear when zooming in further.

Rjel
10-17-2011, 11:25 PM
Frame rates seem pretty much the same as I run with vsync on, but the sim seems much more fluid now. Even down low buzzing airports, forests and such. I hope this is good omen for what is planned for the future patch.

Insuber
10-17-2011, 11:29 PM
Anyone noticed if the proppitch of the 109E1 to E4 (manual) have now correct speed?

Yes since two patches ago.

McFeckit
10-18-2011, 12:10 AM
A.I. artillery gunners will no longer commit suicide by shooting the concrete wall of the bunker they are stationed in

Finally I can sleep at night!:rolleyes:

katdogfizzow
10-18-2011, 12:42 AM
Thanks for your continued work...looks like an improvement during first tests. Cockpits look sweet. Cheers!

undpilot87
10-18-2011, 02:15 AM
Every time I try to update the game after I've installed a patch it doesn't seem to work. I will double click on the game and it will act like its going to start but then just stop. I click on it and the small gray box shows up telling me that its launching and then there is the blue loading wheel and then nothing. This happened last time too and I've had to uninstall CLOD and then reinstall it in order to update. Anyone have this problem or have a fix?

GF_Mastiff
10-18-2011, 02:20 AM
I'm seeing texture going invisible again and no buildings.
Their there, but invisible. I can see the building shadows,
and the cockpit is also dark shadow when inside a invisible hanger

Frequent_Flyer
10-18-2011, 02:48 AM
How do I verify the cache in steam ?

He111
10-18-2011, 03:27 AM
ok, just downloaded patch .. thanks for the effort all.

initial findings, created a scenario with E4's bombing a airfield in the 'fields' map, with 6 Ansons circulating around ...

(1) why do the E4's sound like they have a jet engine externallly and a lawn mower internally .. did the E4 have a new engine compared to the E3?

(2) game froze with my aircraft hanging in mid air while everyone else (AI) fought it out.

... additional ....

Ok, fixed the unstability a bit with a cache verify.

But sounds are still a problem, are they historically correct? emil don't sound right, as well as the defiant. And the Defiants guns have lost their 'Bang' replaced with minor pops ? I hear the engine more that the guns ? is this correct ?

.. additional 2 ....

and the night missions are VERY dark .. even with a full moon. Funny thing, game clock says 4PM, should be 11PM

.. additional 3 ....

Flying a 110, I couldn't hear the engines (internally) but could hear the the wind ? I LOVE the sound of the airframe straining when pushed to the limit!

.. still testing ..

kakkola
10-18-2011, 03:30 AM
@Flyer
open steam,library,right click on il2 cod,properties,local files,verify integrity of game cache!

Cheers!

Frequent_Flyer
10-18-2011, 03:56 AM
@Flyer
open steam,library,right click on il2 cod,properties,local files,verify integrity of game cache!

Cheers!

Thank You Sir!!

Figura
10-18-2011, 05:40 AM
Gratifying surprise, thanks Luthier ;-)

FFCW_Urizen
10-18-2011, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the patch. Just took the E4 for a quick spin over london, definitely less stuttering, fps average around 25-30 at 100m, with min fps never lower than 23. I also love the new sounds, keep it up.

Col.Flanders
10-18-2011, 11:08 AM
For various reasons my game has been shelved for quite some time now but I must say that although I've only had a chance to do one early morning quick mission over the coast of France, the experience has been greatly improved since when I last played on my old rig. Immersion factor greatly enhanced! Good work, guys! Keep it up.

Kankkis
10-18-2011, 01:53 PM
Yeah, performance is really rised for new level, good job guys.

What is weird i sometimes when playing got better performance than othertimes, if not getting 60fps, launching game again and it smooth.
Same for when chancing missions.

Overall stuttering is reduced VERY MUCH.

Kankkis

Col.Flanders
10-18-2011, 02:23 PM
And those sounds...lovely! I wouldn't be able to say whether they're lifelike or not but they do sound very nice. Reminds me of IL2 of old when we could clearly hear the bullet hits and the wind rushing past -- only much better.

Widow17
10-18-2011, 02:34 PM
I have I5 750 , 4GB RAM, 460Gtx and Win7 and i wonder how anyone ever got a performace boost. I still am unable to fly without horrible performance (unplayable) and i tried to change sooo many things in BIOS, Nvidia controlpanel etc etc.

FFCW_Urizen
10-18-2011, 02:52 PM
Widow, are all your drivers up to date? i´ve read somewhere that for geforce u need driver version 280+ for an actual improvement, also have u disabled unnecessary background processes? Is CloD on the exception list of any realtime anti-virus software?
btw. what type of ram are you using?

Vonte
10-18-2011, 03:29 PM
As Launcher exe sufferer (I'm not alone), I eagerly awaited to see what the "official" 1.05 download would bring. Having listened to the Dev's and moderators telling us to wait for the update and not to judge the Sim by the Beta's. I launched the Sim with bated breath. Hooray, I've got onto a server other than Doom Island, took off over The Channel, what's that, 4 Gladiators, I shot 3 down, whoopee. What the *&%$, stutter, stutter, crash (that's the Launcher exe type). So what's happened, loads of eye candy but no progress on what is still a fundamental problem. So Luthier, do you and your Dev's actually know what the Launcher exe problem is, and if so, when is a fix coming out. I don't know why I put that last sentence in, I've never had a reply to my other posts to Luthier. And to the Smart Alec who suggested that "yesterdays" PC owners shouldn't be playing the game, I say this. "Your todays PC will tomorrows yesterday PC".

C'est la vie

Vonte JS109

yakaddict
10-18-2011, 03:42 PM
I have I5 750 , 4GB RAM, 460Gtx and Win7 and i wonder how anyone ever got a performace boost. I still am unable to fly without horrible performance (unplayable) and i tried to change sooo many things in BIOS, Nvidia controlpanel etc etc.

What are your in game graphics settings?

IamNotDavid
10-18-2011, 03:43 PM
I say this. "Your todays PC will tomorrows yesterday PC".

The only difference is that tomorrow's yesterday PC will probably still run the game, while yours still won't.

jamesdietz
10-18-2011, 03:51 PM
Many thanks for keeping up with improvements ...really appreciate it.
I always know when Steam has been at work because the 'splash Screen " is back after I had disabled it.I may be wrong but this screen does seem to affect my already low FPS & I always disable it after a new Steam automatic patch.My question is :am I kidding myself & should I bother?
Hope eventually you will figure a way to boost FPS on lower end machines, 7 graphic cards & radio ,loadouts & mirrors will all be workable some day soon?
Thanks again.

Vonte
10-18-2011, 04:26 PM
The only difference is that tomorrow's yesterday PC will probably still run the game, while yours still won't.

With an unhelpful comment such as yours, to me, you're nothing. Boom, Boom

Fjordmonkey
10-18-2011, 04:36 PM
Just did a quick testrun. Every thing was fairly smooth, except when I managed to hit the fueltank of a Hurricane which left with a face-full of fireball and smoke. Apart from that, little to no stutters, even low down. Don't have an fps-count (I've forgotten completely how to activate it), but I'm running the 11.9 driverset for my 6870, and everything ingame maxed out (yep, I'm silly like that).

Sounds are simply AWESOME! Got shot down twice because I was too busy doing flybys to notice the Spit that came in behind me. Also like the colors, and also really don't understand the negativity that's come up in regards of the cockpit colors. Then again, I spend most of my time with eyeballs outside of the cockpit apart from the reglementary half-eye on RPM, Boost and temp-gauges...

ATAG_Doc
10-18-2011, 04:40 PM
I have to say that I was airborne for over 2 hours last night without a hiccup or disconnect so whatever you guys did to fix that big thumbs up for you guys for this.

Now when can we get an F-4?? :)

FFCW_Urizen
10-18-2011, 04:42 PM
@fjordmonkey: type "fps START SHOW" without the "" into the console ;) .
btw its case sensitive ;) ;)

Vonte
10-18-2011, 04:47 PM
What are your in game graphics settings?

PC Spec: Intel Q6600 2.4 GHz (O/C 2.7GHz) 4Gb MHz Ram MSI N460GTX Hawk 1Gb 870core 1950Mem Vista 32 Mon 22" 1680x1050 (1440x900)

Game Settings:
Everything medium except: Forest-Low Texture-High Grass-Off Shadows-On
Roads-On All 3D graphics settings done on GPU, turn off in games graphic setting. Turn Spit/Hurri mirrors to off.

Hope this helps.. What racks me off about this sim is that my PC is well within the published spec. I'm not bothered about having waving grass/trees etc, if I'm that low to the ground, I'll join the Tank Corps.

Regards

Vonte

mdgtmstng
10-18-2011, 05:26 PM
Has anyone else noticed the RGB color reflections on the instrument panel and also on the external views, since updating with the new patch? Any fix for this?

Thanks,

Ed

Wintergoose
10-18-2011, 05:39 PM
Noting downloads.
Checking on steam it says : there is nothing to download for this play
The old version has stopped to work so now I cant play anything.
Nothing new are downloaded ale files are dated 01.09.2011

Is there differt time on differet places the download is awaylabel from?
Can I set up steam where to to download from. Wher is so that menu.

FFCW_Urizen
10-18-2011, 05:39 PM
@mdgtmstng: turn off the epilepsy filter in the settings menu ;)

mdgtmstng
10-18-2011, 05:40 PM
Has anyone else noticed the RGB color reflections on the instrument panel and also on the external views, since updating with the new patch? Any fix for this?

Thanks,

Ed

Never mind... turned off the anti-epilepsy filter, and all is good again. :)

Wintergoose
10-18-2011, 05:41 PM
To do that the IL2cod has to start.

mdgtmstng
10-18-2011, 05:43 PM
Noting downloads.
Checking on steam it says : there is nothing to download for this play
The old version has stopped to work so now I cant play anything.
Nothing new are downloaded ale files are dated 01.09.2011

Is there differt time on differet places the download is awaylabel from?
Can I set up steam where to to download from. Wher is so that menu.

I saw that too, but on the same screen was a thin blue progress line showing a download in progress. I waited til it was done, then tried to start COD, and it worked.

Hope this helps.

Ed

jctrnacty
10-18-2011, 05:48 PM
I must say, that performance is great , although i miss old cockpit reflections.

This sim is becoming better and better, the announced 50 percent performance boost is incredible, is it using DX11 engine????

And can we expect 64 bit support like dcs a-10???

Wintergoose
10-18-2011, 05:50 PM
There is no thin blue line on my property screen- menu DLC

Fergal69
10-18-2011, 05:59 PM
Thanks to everyone involve in getting the latest patch to release.

Steam downloaded update yesterday sometime.

mdgtmstng
10-18-2011, 06:05 PM
There is no thin blue line on my property screen- menu DLC

I went to 'Steam-Library', IL2-COD. On the left side of the screen, you should see the game listed. Right click on the game title, then click on "View Downloadable Content". A new window pops up, saying "You have no downladable content for this game". On the bottom of this window, click on "View Available Downloadable Content for this game". It should bring you to the "Downloadable Content for IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover" window, and at the bottom of this screen is where I saw the blue progress bar line.

Ed

Wintergoose
10-18-2011, 06:16 PM
Yes I looked in that window but it also say : nothing to download, and there is no blu line on my window
My downlod region is sat to sweeden. Tryed to switch it to london but it did not help

Kobold10
10-18-2011, 06:29 PM
Thanks a lot! Congratulation to your effort, and to the performance ot your team!

BadAim
10-18-2011, 10:51 PM
Tool says what?
ChwyNiblet, there is a thread at SimHq that is updated regularly with them, soi Id suggest you check there. ;)

LOL, and thank you.

MegOhm
10-19-2011, 02:20 AM
And to the Smart Alec who suggested that "yesterdays" PC owners shouldn't be playing the game, I say this. "Your todays PC will tomorrows yesterday PC".

C'est la vie

Vonte JS109

I have a "today PC" and have the Launcher crashes after 30-45 mins of a mission...so that theory is not valid. For me the last beta was more stable from what I have seen so far

Torian
10-19-2011, 02:39 AM
PC Spec: Intel Q6600 2.4 GHz (O/C 2.7GHz) 4Gb MHz Ram MSI N460GTX Hawk 1Gb 870core 1950Mem Vista 32 Mon 22" 1680x1050 (1440x900)

Game Settings:
Roads-On All 3D graphics settings done on GPU, turn off in games graphic setting. Turn Spit/Hurri mirrors to off.

Hope this helps.. What racks me off about this sim is that my PC is well within the published spec. I'm not bothered about having waving grass/trees etc, if I'm that low to the ground, I'll join the Tank Corps.

Regards

Vonte

Hi Vonte,
Your system is pretty basic for such a demanding game. With a 32bit version of Windows u are limited to how much Ram u can utilise and this game definitely benefits from 8gb of system memory or more under a 64bit windows.
I would definitely turn trees and shadows OFF as both of these will stress your graphics and eat your framerates.
You may benefit from setting Textures to medium as well.
Be careful what u let your nVidia gpu settings do as they may be trying to force settings that also are sucking up your gpu processing power. I would personally set most of them to application controlled and then set whatever want in the game settings.
Hope this helps.

jimbop
10-19-2011, 03:12 AM

Game Settings:

Try epilepsy filter off and shadows off. Shadows still give a major fps hit which is a shame since they add so much. I think you would be CPU limited with your rig.

Edit: what Torian said...

He111
10-19-2011, 03:22 AM
I must say this version seems more stable than the stock release!

Thanks all!

Brainless
10-19-2011, 06:35 AM
Hi Vonte,
Your system is pretty basic for such a demanding game. With a 32bit version of Windows u are limited to how much Ram u can utilise and this game definitely benefits from 8gb of system memory or more under a 64bit windows.
I would definitely turn trees and shadows OFF as both of these will stress your graphics and eat your framerates.
Be careful what u let your nVidia gpu settings do as they may be trying to force settings that also are sucking up your gpu processing power. I would personally set most of them to application controlled and then set whatever want in the game settings.
Hope this helps.

I think that this game is still 32-bit application, and this preventing it to use more that 2GB ram (4GB RAM is enough for it).
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Pluto
10-19-2011, 08:03 AM
... now the sim slowly comes closer to what it was supposed to be on release day.
:mrgreen:

AMVI_Superblu
10-19-2011, 09:11 AM
Yesterday evening had a 2+ hours mission over the channel with my virtual wing in 2 formations (4 ship each) patroling Dover - Calaise route on Repka full real with 109 E3s and i (we) have to say:

THANK YOU DEVS FOR THIS AWESOME UPDATE!!

Perfrmance increased a lot,i havo 60 frames constantly (vSync ON), going to 50 when something explodes around but.. Who Cares :D

Sounds are awesome, graphics too (flying with everything maxed out except for buldings and trees set to low) and there's a lot of immersion while in close formation earing all 4 A/Cs engines :D

Keep on this way, this sim is growing up in the best way.

S!

pateador
10-19-2011, 09:46 AM
Believe or not: today as I was trying the new patch, flying a single quick mision on a Spit, I got a brunette sitting on my lap !!!!!
So far I've been unable to duplicate as to print the screen,but she was lovely in her summer dress....Is that a kind of Easter Egg of the dev team? How can I get it again?
By the way...GOOOD JOB and GREAT SIM

FFCW_Urizen
10-19-2011, 10:03 AM
simply choose the Heartbreaker model ;)

He111
10-19-2011, 12:02 PM
As most PC games released these days are bug cities, I think we should create a new date - PRD - "Playable release date" or RRD etc, usually 6-8 months after.

Of course this is bad news for developers as no-one will buy on the RD, they'll wait for PRD, smashing their profits. Although DLCs will be more valuable?

justme262
10-19-2011, 12:41 PM
The first beta patch would run the black death track at 55-60 fps.
The second beta patch dropped to 25-30fps.
This patch also runs at 25-30fps. :(

Epilepsy filter was off. driver was 285.27
I rolled back to 280.26 and changed resolution. Now getting 55-60 fps again.
Strange thing is I had the rez really low at 1360x and truned it UP to 1600x and fps went up! Or at least back to normal. Don't know what is causing these big dropps in fps for some of us but try changing your rez and drivers. It got nothing to do with epilepsy filter anyway.

T}{OR
10-19-2011, 02:38 PM

Strange thing is I had the rez really low at 1360x and truned it UP to 1600x and fps went up! Or at least back to normal. Don't know what is causing these big dropps in fps for some of us but try changing your rez and drivers. It got nothing to do with epilepsy filter anyway.

Went from 275.33 to 285.38 and didn't see a difference at all. Minimal, but nothing to write home about.

This patch is for ATI/AMD owners, Nvidia performance is terrible. Back to the shelf with this one and waiting for the next official patch.

Specs:

i52500k @ 4.5 GHz
Asus P8P67 EVO
GTX 580 Lightning (driver v. 275.33)
2x4 GB RAM

Res: 1920x1200

EDIT: And no, I don't have Epilepsy Filter on.

justme262
10-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Well it is working with great fps now. usually 50-60fps.

I have everything on high except trees and land lighting and can fly full power at tree tops at 50+fps with almost undetectable stuttering. abet with low rez 1360x768

I really don't know what was causing my fps to drop to around 30 but it sucked bad! And I'm glad it stopped. I couldn't play at that rate.

Anyway the game is now working better than ever and the smoothness is probably worth the cost in pretty graphics. The bf109 cockpit just doesn't look as good IMO. Still over all very happy.
Great game we have here now!

Wintergoose
10-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Flying again, just wants to tell you.
The "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" made the download start. (on the game lib-property-local files menu.
Thanks to Tully_

justme262
10-19-2011, 02:58 PM
Went from 275.33 to 285.33 and didn't see a difference at all. Minimal, but nothing to write home about.

This patch is for ATI/AMD owners, Nvidia performance is terrible. Back to the shelf with this one and waiting for the next official patch.

Did you trying changing your resolution?
Just change it, load a mission and change it back. That's all I did and it seemed to fix the FPS issue I was having.

T}{OR
10-19-2011, 04:14 PM
Did you trying changing your resolution?
Just change it, load a mission and change it back. That's all I did and it seemed to fix the FPS issue I was having.

Changing resolution down and up helped. Now I can play again. Still not as fast as in the last patch, but playable.

Vonte
10-19-2011, 04:22 PM
Hi Vonte,
Hope this helps.
Hi Torian
Hear what you said about GPU settings, but you are contradicted by PC Pilots excellent article on "how to improve fps". Their tests proved that letting the application tell the GPU what 3D settings it required was grossly inefficient. Still I'm, no expert, I just want to fly combat missions. From all the sufferers of Launcher exe failures on forums, I know I'm not alone. My "crap" PC flies Gaijins Beta "World of Planes" just fine!!
Thanks for replying anyway.

T}{OR
10-19-2011, 04:38 PM
No luck. It works now, but on a quick mission "Allied column attack" or smth. every time I get on 109's 6 OC I get CTD. At first I thought I might have an unstable OC but the same happens with stock settings.

Shelving it until the next patch. There are other simulations out there to play until this comes out of beta.

desigabri
10-19-2011, 05:06 PM
about your post, I wrote e long report here some days ago, intended as feedback about driver or bug troubles, but when I was very next to the end of the report, I closed the page for mistake and then warried thinking to rewrite it again :( :( :(

So I take this your post and add my results only:
I get better results at 1920x1080 resolution then 1600x1200, 1372x???, 1024x768.

To semplify it I got at the higher quality settings possible:

17fps for 1920x...
15fps for 1600x...
11fps for 1372x...
7fps for 1024x...

on the London mission flying among 50mt and down to the houses level.

I think it is a problem of COD and not about drivers but I'm not sure. What about it?

I would like to try the acclamated "black death" track, but I can't find it anywhere. could you post a link to download the track?

Trooper117
10-19-2011, 05:08 PM
The track is included in your game mate..

GOZR
10-20-2011, 07:38 AM
desigabri
"I get better results at 1920x1080 resolution then 1600x1200, 1372x???, 1024x768."

Well what CPU do you have? it sound like a CPU bottle neck..

GOZR
10-20-2011, 07:43 AM
Getting smoother fps on this patch.. the sounds are a joke and we can hear the samples so well.. and where are the bass gone?. New sounds= misery well actually all sounds of the IL2 line is bad..

Insuber
10-20-2011, 08:11 AM
@kakkola: you are free to do whatever you want: the respect of laws is a free choice. But I can't stand people coming here and arguing about performances about a cracked copy of the game.

kakkola
10-20-2011, 03:04 PM
@insuber

I agree with that!

Redroach
10-20-2011, 03:09 PM

You mean: CoD will see a transition into a full-fledged WWII Combat Flight Simulation, rather than still being little more than a demonstration software. Right?
Sigh, I wish I had such marketing skills :rolleyes:

kestrel79
10-20-2011, 03:47 PM
Getting smoother fps on this patch.. the sounds are a joke and we can hear the samples so well.. and where are the bass gone?. New sounds= misery well actually all sounds of the IL2 line is bad..

I agree GOZR in a quick test the sounds to me lack bass, they are very tinny. But I DO like the sound, I just need more low end then I'll be happy.

I'm really looking forward to some AA and more performance improvement in the next coming patches.

GOZR
10-20-2011, 06:02 PM
True kestrel79 the sounds seems to respond quite quickly and this is very good..
In an aircraft of that caliber pilots are wearing headset that muffled the sounds and actually cut the high range band of the sounds. all the squirks sound from a boat are complitly not there.. just on a glider.
I'm perplex if ClOD programmer or sounds design techs dev effects did actually flew or test ride inside an WW2 aircraft or even something modern high powered Pistons engine or Turbine. ( it should be mandatory for them to do so )
All the crackles sounds should be replace by buffets winds ( Props or actual winds ) sounds.
+When a plane change direction you should be able to feel it in the sounds around the fuselage wings/canopy .

There is a good reason why the microphone of a pilot is not place away on the dashboard.. ;)

Wearing an headset also can give you a perfect perception of your engine sounds and really actually tune it in flight.
Remember the headset is not made to let you fly soundless.

Redroach
10-20-2011, 07:05 PM
but, you know, I don't wear such a headset. Right? Whining about bass in the sound at this point is borderline physical assault. Those Darts of 'intelligence' really hurt...

GOZR
10-20-2011, 07:14 PM
Well.. " I don't wear such a headset" If you fly the sim you should be like if you were.. simple..

Anyway The sounds need tuning and i guess it will be very good.

=CfC= Father Ted
10-20-2011, 10:59 PM
So...fire up the game to see what the patch is like...Quick mission, Hurris v 109s...Planes in air still look fab...Tracers seem to be improvement...Approve the sun glare. Anyway, I avoid being shot down and head for home. Once over Blighty I'm disappointed with the new ground colours - at once both faded and dirtied up. Still, nothing game-breaking. Land the old hurribus at Hawkinge, taxi to a halt and open the canopy. What happen next I'm gobsmacked by...

I hear a growl in the distance, which soon becomes recognizably Merlin-like. I see my wingman approach and proceed to do a victory roll over the field. He does this a couple more times, but what really amazes me is that I could almost be at an airshow in terms of the engine-sound. It's not quite a proper Merlin, but just the way the note changes as the plane manouevres is very evocative and unlike anything I've heard in a sim to date.

It may not have an impact on the way the game plays, but I just wanted to give the devs the thumbs' up for this enhancement

flyingblind
10-20-2011, 11:22 PM
Very pleased with latest patch. I did get an initial very noticable fps hit and more stuttering but did all the usual routines plus I found the Launcher.exe had gone from nVidia control panel and had to be added again. Now have an increase in fps and very few stutters. Great to see the cockpit reflections again. One thing that has always been missing and although not important would be nice to see is objects reflected in the water especially trees at the waters edge as in IL-2 Classic. They were in the early CloD screen shots, certainly from ships but like quite a few things have dropped by the wayside. Maybe after the important stuff is sorted they will come back.

Frequent_Flyer
10-21-2011, 02:49 AM
Flyingblind- what do you mean by:
"I found the Launcher.exe had gone from nVidia control panel and had to be added again. Now have an increase in fps and very few stutters. " ?
I have a Nvidia card, is there an adjustment I can make to increase framerates and remove stutters?

pupaxx
10-21-2011, 07:07 AM
Flyingblind- what do you mean by:
"I found the Launcher.exe had gone from nVidia control panel and had to be added again. Now have an increase in fps and very few stutters. " ?
I have a Nvidia card, is there an adjustment I can make to increase framerates and remove stutters?

+1 Please explain better, I'm curious too.
Thanks

tintifaxl
10-21-2011, 08:30 AM
+1 Please explain better, I'm curious too.
Thanks

You can set options for quality via the nvidia cpl for every single application, if you like. So you can add a custom profile for CloD (here you must select the launcher.exe in you steamapps clod dir as application) where you can set various options to enhance either quality or performance.

Ask google about a step-by-step howto.

pupaxx
10-21-2011, 10:37 AM
Ok thanks, I thought about some command line to add to the.exe by the property panel.

flyingblind
10-21-2011, 01:05 PM
Up untile recently Launcher.exe wouldn't stay in nVidia control panel. You could add it and use the various settings but when the control panel was closed it would lose Launcher.exe from the list of applications. It would be gone on restarting the panel. Plus any settings used had no effect on CloD.

I suddenly found that Launcher.exe was being retained in my control panel even after a complete system shut down and restart although the settinbgs still seems to be having a limited if any effect on the game.

It has always seemed to me that the code put out by the developers is exactly the same for everyone so if one person has good, smooth fps and another has rubbish fps with stutters then the problem must lie somewhere on the computers software, hardware or both. I was getting good and reasonably smooth fps prior to the last official release but afterwards had quite a hit on both. Other people were reporting an improvement so it seemed a bit pointless blaming the game or the developers.

I spent a bit of time going through all the various suggestions and ideas that have been posted on the causes of poor fps and one of the last things I looked at was my nVidea control panel. The Launcher.exe was no longer listed so I added it again. On restarting CloD again I found my fps were now better that they have ever been.

Now I am not saying that having Launcher.exe in the control panel is the reason my fps improved. It may have been or it may just have been a coincidence but it seems reasonable to think that the update installation had changed some settings on my system for the worse and it was a case of trying everything possible, obvious or obscure, in the hope of solving the problem.

As it happens, I succeded, or I could have just said, 'This game sucks, I'll just shelve it untile the developers fix my problem'.

Vengeanze
10-21-2011, 01:31 PM
@flyingblind
Most settings on the card (i.e. the controlpanel for the card) has proven to be non functional. V-sync does nothing AA does nothing.
Perhaps you had AA applied in the games video settings. Then when adding launcher to your cards controlpanel the settings for the AA was "override games settings" thus effectivly turning off the games AA while applying the nonexisting card AA!?
Just a thought. Hope you understood what I wrote.

jayrc
10-21-2011, 02:34 PM
I have vsync working in nvidia control panel global settings, no AA though

Redroach
10-21-2011, 06:27 PM
Well.. " I don't wear such a headset" If you fly the sim you should be like if you were.. simple..

belly-shut. I'm wearing a pointed cap and slim headphones, like the american bomber pilots. See the flaw?

GOZR
10-21-2011, 11:17 PM
Did you fly before in RL ? just a question.. i'm having some hard time understanding the sens of this..

Tiger27
10-22-2011, 04:54 AM
@flyingblind
Most settings on the card (i.e. the controlpanel for the card) has proven to be non functional. V-sync does nothing AA does nothing.
Perhaps you had AA applied in the games video settings. Then when adding launcher to your cards controlpanel the settings for the AA was "override games settings" thus effectivly turning off the games AA while applying the nonexisting card AA!?

Vsync works for me I have it on in control panel and off in game and it works fine.

flyingblind
10-22-2011, 08:35 PM
@flyingblind

Yes, thanks, I see what you are saying. I actually use those FXAA file thingys dropped in my root folder to get AA.

I was more trying to point out that I, like a number of others, found the official patch seemed like a backwards step performance wise. What I actually found was the download had changed some of my settings and after a bit of tinkering the performance made an increase over pre patch. Adding Launcher.exe back into the control panel was the last thing I tried but I cannot say for sure how much of an effect this had or if any settings helped or even worked. It just might be worth a try for others.

The big problem for PCs and games as complex as CloD is that there are so many variables it is impossible for a developer to guarantee his game will run the best it can on every system or how it will interact. You just have to research and experiement rather than simply blame the code. As someone else said in a post - if you weren't a computer expert before buying CloD you'll probably become one after.

Redroach
10-22-2011, 10:37 PM
Did you fly before in RL ? just a question.. i'm having some hard time understanding the sens of this..

yes I did. I'm not holding any pilot's licence but I did fly in a cessna once or twice. It was not very 5.1 surround hyper-bass-boost, to say the least. Also, I didn't wear a leather cap.
I propose that if you want to muffle your sound to leather-cap level, do it yourself...

robtek
10-23-2011, 07:19 AM
It could be programmed according to your pilot-figure, headphones or cap with headphones :)

dhasdell
10-24-2011, 01:41 PM
When I started up today, Steam helpfully installed an update, changing my installation from V1.02.14821 to V1.05.15950. There may well be improvements, but so far the main difference is that the graphics are now hopeless.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=50584&d=1319463913&thumb=1
Any suggestions, please?

wilmamiller32
10-24-2011, 02:40 PM
I m really interested to see the name of the forum. !!
Very nice Posts..
http://www.cuinsurance.org/7.jpghttp://www.cuinsurance.org/2.jpg http://www.cuinsurance.org/3.jpg

Insuber
10-24-2011, 03:24 PM
When I started up today, Steam helpfully installed an update, changing my installation from V1.02.14821 to V1.05.15950. There may well be improvements, but so far the main difference is that the graphics are now hopeless.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=50584&d=1319463913&thumb=1
Any suggestions, please?

Check the epilepsy filter in the graphics option, sometimes it activates itself. If it doesn't work, empty the cache under 1C SoftClub folder. If nothing else works, then wipe out and reinsall the game from scratch.

dhasdell
10-24-2011, 04:40 PM
:) Thank you. Unchecking the epilepsy filter did the trick.

TomcatViP
10-25-2011, 06:37 PM
A vault where we can play online MP scenarios without the constant strain of cheating.

FFCW_Urizen
10-25-2011, 07:05 PM
when did that happen?

robtek
10-25-2011, 07:09 PM
A vault where we can play online MP scenarios without the constant strain of cheating.

Proof that there is/was cheating or take it back, this sim had enough bad-mouthing!

TomcatViP
10-25-2011, 08:58 PM
No wall of smokes guys.

I love this sim and even more the freedom of speech.

SO y'd better roll away !

robtek
10-25-2011, 10:13 PM
No wall of smokes guys.

I love this sim and even more the freedom of speech.

SO y'd better roll away !

I take that as: there is no proof, only imagination.

Thanks for the clarification.

TheGrunch
10-25-2011, 11:23 PM
Assuming VAC actually works as advertised, I find the whole setup hilarious.

"YEAH, I'M RUINING THE SHIT OUT OF THIS GAME, LOOK AT THESE CHUMPS HAHA"

<two weeks later>

"WHAT?!!?! I can't play this game online EVER AGAIN?!"

Then again, I don't think we have any idea whether it does work properly. It's not like anyone is going to sacrifice their account to find out.

TomcatViP
10-26-2011, 12:05 AM
I think it's funny you put that on devs. That was not in my mind.

Even the best written code will be ever ... crackable. It's more on ppl mind. And sadly nothing can be done for that outside of education and exemplary behavior.

So I am just asking for some improvement in that field: strengthen the weak parts and setup some highly secure zone were outside third party softwares won't be available or get any plugs on the code online (there it will be possible to ctrl every lines without dispersing efforts outside of alrdy limited ressources (no HL, no Ventrillo etc...).

Cheating is a plea for online gaming. The steam approaches was good but needs some results now that users have swallowed that pill. There is no easy result with concession there.

[VAC IMHO can't work with HL the way I see that only on basic strategies grds]

TomcatViP
10-26-2011, 11:57 AM
I take that as: there is no proof, only imagination.

Thanks for the clarification.

Rob with much respect I wonder what's in your mind that you can draw such a conclusion with only the 3 lines of text I had just wrote :confused:

Trumper
10-26-2011, 01:08 PM
Rob with much respect I wonder what's in your mind that you can draw such a conclusion with only the 3 lines of text I had just wrote :confused:
And in fairness he asked you for proof of which is ?????
I too value freedom of speech which should go along the premise of innocent until proven guilty.
If there is provable cheating going on surely you should be posting the details to the developers and the server hosting.

TomcatViP
10-26-2011, 11:19 PM
No track no proof. How funny you are.

And by any standard no one (no players, no devs) will loose as much time as a cheater to build its own trick. That's why cheating will always prevail or be part of any sim. And as CoD is mature enough today that's why I think they shld build a coherent strategy against it.

That's all I said. no finger tipping. No howling at the full moon or staring at a dumb apple pretending I saw it lifting in the air.

Ohh but maybe you want to discuss the FM of such an apple ? ;)

Masi67
10-27-2011, 12:13 AM
I have had the game since the day it was released, and actually today was first time I had time to really play it.

Wov I am hooked now:)

-Masi

CharveL
10-27-2011, 12:30 AM
No track no proof. How funny you are.

And by any standard no one (no players, no devs) will loose as much time as a cheater to build its own trick. That's why cheating will always prevail or be part of any sim. And as CoD is mature enough today that's why I think they shld build a coherent strategy against it.

That's all I said. no finger tipping. No howling at the full moon or staring at a dumb apple pretending I saw it lifting in the air.

Ohh but maybe you want to discuss the FM of such an apple ? ;)

So...without any evidence of cheating do you still think it should be a priority to put resources now into something that may not even become a problem or is it better to work on more pressing matters then deal with an exploit with a patch when they actually know what to fix?

If I recall correctly it took many years before any useable cheats (beyond gaming-the-game exploits like the RayBanJockey trim-on-a-slider type) to be used in IL2. IL2 was probably the most secure online game I've ever encountered up until somebody managed to de-compile the code, and even then it was mostly limited to play-at-your-own-risk servers.

Sure it's gonna get hacked eventually but I'm not so sure it will be much less manageable than IL2 was. And with VAC it should be even harder.

Insuber
10-27-2011, 07:04 AM
:) Thank you. Unchecking the epilepsy filter did the trick.

De nada! :)

Insuber
10-27-2011, 07:06 AM
I have regular freezes with CTD, and the common factor is that the RAM is filled up at 80% (6.4 GB out of 8 GB). After terminating the game, the memory goes suddenly down to the usual 25%.

Cheers,
6S.Insuber

TomcatViP
10-27-2011, 11:19 AM
So...without any evidence of cheating do you still think it should be a priority to put resources now into something that may not even become a problem or is it better to work on more pressing matters then deal with an exploit with a patch when they actually know what to fix?

If I recall correctly it took many years before any useable cheats (beyond gaming-the-game exploits like the RayBanJockey trim-on-a-slider type) to be used in IL2. IL2 was probably the most secure online game I've ever encountered up until somebody managed to de-compile the code, and even then it was mostly limited to play-at-your-own-risk servers.

Sure it's gonna get hacked eventually but I'm not so sure it will be much less manageable than IL2 was. And with VAC it should be even harder.

Yes I do. The fact that some cheat mod of old Il2 are seen now on CoD is the sigh that it's time to act.

End of arguments here for me. This is not a thread opened for that kind of conversation.

jg27_mc
10-27-2011, 01:31 PM
...We are in final stages of testing a thorough overhaul of the game’s graphic engine. It won’t look any different but it will be much more streamlined. It’s too early to say what the FPS increase will be in the final version, but it shouldn’t be less than 50%...

I'll pay for this one! After several months with the game shelved I had a go with the new patch, and it was a complete disappointment in terms of performance/stability. :confused:

~S~

addman
10-27-2011, 02:42 PM
I'll pay for this one! After several moths with the game shelved I had a go with the new patch, and it was a complete disappointment in terms of performance/stability. :confused:

~S~

I'm sorry to hear you have performance issues, it's also very surprising considering your PC's specs. It's running fine on my system, better not upgrade LOL! Seriously, maybe you should check all your systems' parts or something.(?)

JG52Uther
10-27-2011, 03:50 PM
Its strange when you see people having problems on 'high end' rigs. My computer plays CoD pretty good on lower settings.

TomcatViP
10-28-2011, 09:41 AM
I'll pay for this one! After several months with the game shelved I had a go with the new patch, and it was a complete disappointment in terms of performance/stability. :confused:

~S~

Yeah MC. I don't see how your syst can't run CoD. Sad to read it btw. Perhaps you shld hve a close look at your backgrd program list.

jg27_mc
10-28-2011, 12:59 PM
Thanks for all the inputs.

Although I am not a computer expert, I am what I would call a computer optimizer freak…

My system comes from a clean install (3 weeks ago) with all Win updates and drivers (Intel, soundcard, GPU, controllers, etc.)

All I can say is that my system runs every single game I own at very high or full details with great playability.

e.g. Empire Total War, CoD, Crysis 2 and recently BF3... I can run FSX with very high settings and tons of add-ons @ 30 fps average. Black Shark, FC2 and A-10 also run terrible good in my system.

After the last patch I am experiencing terrible stutters/freezes (3 secs +) along with computer lockups (need to hit the reset button) and CTD’s. I guess I can wait a few more months… :(

Regards.

addman
10-28-2011, 03:12 PM
Thanks for all the inputs.

Although I am not a computer expert, I am what I would call a computer optimizer freak…

My system comes from a clean install (3 weeks ago) with all Win updates and drivers (Intel, soundcard, GPU, controllers, etc.)

All I can say is that my system runs every single game I own at very high or full details with great playability.

e.g. Empire Total War, CoD, Crysis 2 and recently BF3... I can run FSX with very high settings and tons of add-ons @ 30 fps average. Black Shark, FC2 and A-10 also run terrible good in my system.

After the last patch I am experiencing terrible stutters/freezes (3 secs +) along with computer lockups (need to hit the reset button) and CTD’s. I guess I can wait a few more months… :(

Regards.

Well, of course it runs "bad" compared to other games, it's not finished yet. Luthier has basically confirmed this by havin the team rebuild the whole graphics engine. I run metro 2033 on high settings, empire total war, a-10 warthog and so on. Only Clod is struggling for me and many others, that pretty much says it all. You also have to consider what good performance means, for me it means a game thats running in 30 fps or more during 96% of the time I'm playing the game. I don't like games with rollercoaster performance, 7 fps here 102 fps there, that's a sign of sloppy programming, all IMHO of course.

Sent from my MID using Tapatalk