PDA

View Full Version : Bf-109 CEM, what's it?

150GCT_Veltro
10-17-2011, 07:59 AM
It's because it an half finished CEM, is a bug or what else?

Fuel pump and magnetos are not needed at all to start the engine. Is not much different from IL2.......

What's going on with CEM?

The same with 110.......
CEM is one of the most interesting and immersive feature in this game but really is there something finished here?

I've worked with magnetos and pump because i was sure they were needed, but they are not with my big surprise and (again) disappoint.

7 months from realese.

JG53Frankyboy
10-17-2011, 08:18 AM
in no CoD plane you have to activate the magnetos manually to start the engine.
As soon you hit "ignition" , they are set on on automaticly....

robtek
10-17-2011, 09:32 AM
Thats because too many people whined about a complicated cem!

From the beginning i hoped for a full working clickpit, but it was dumbed down to cater the arcade-mob :)

150GCT_Veltro
10-17-2011, 09:34 AM
Thank Franky....i hope for the future to have a real CEM, as for a shake in cockpit when engine is on. Engine starting need more details.

Sorry to say this here but i need more time to start a Sopwith Camel than a Bf-109 or a Bf-110.

SNAFU
10-17-2011, 09:41 AM
Yes, I hope the not functioning the magnetos, primer pumps will be finally fixed and were not taken out intentionally. A simple overcooling feature should also be considered. This is a kind of simplified minimum, otherwise the word CEM is nothing more than a faint joke as it was in IL2.

150GCT_Veltro
10-17-2011, 09:42 AM
Thats because too many people whined about a complicated cem!

From the beginning i hoped for a full working clickpit, but it was dumbed down to cater the arcade-mob :)

What i was afraid about......the best way to kill this game is the arcadish game mode. Sound strange to me we still have the option "realistic".

Actually this game looks too much similar to IL2 for me. If people want an arcadish game to shoot down the "nazi" with a Spitfire, please play with Wings of Prey.

This beauty need more details and realism than a simple quick to start! The same for Emil, first of all after the new DB601 sound (wonderfull).

Another complain, the cockpit window doesn't work in 110 while in 109 does. This kinde of not standard quality is really bad.

http://www.150gct.it/users/150GCT_Veltro/COD-110-01.jpg

VO101_Tom
10-17-2011, 10:17 AM
I agree, i would also like this simulator is so complex and accurate as possible. :cool:

just a note: Fuel pump is not in the game. That pump is modeled as hidraulic pump, should be used at Landing Gear Emergency opening. Which of course completely wrong, manual hydraulic pump was not in the 109 (and Stuka also have this one. I have no idea what is the function :rolleyes: )

Friedric
10-17-2011, 10:23 AM
Thank Franky....i hope for the future to have a real CEM, as for a shake in cockpit when engine is on. Engine starting need more details.

Sorry to say this here but i need more time to start a Sopwith Camel than a Bf-109 or a Bf-110.

+1

SNAFU
10-17-2011, 10:25 AM
Mmh, are you sure about that? I remember WoVII and did a short google search and found this, what fits my knowledge of the 109 and the start-up procedure (is also described a little below the picture).

http://www.a2asimulations.com/store/solo/bf109/

Engine Starting

Cockpit Check - COMPLETE
Hold brakes.
Turn the battery switch ON.
Recheck fuel supply ON.
Turn the magneto switch on BOTH.
Set fuel cutoff control to ON.
Use manual fuel pump to pressurize the fuel lines.
Prime engine if cold using priming pump (3-4 shots).
Turn master ignition switch ON.
Engage starter switch until the engine starts.
Check engine instruments to confirm oil pressure rises to at least 4 kg/cm2 within 30 seconds.
Fuel pressure should rise to 1-1.8 kg/cm2.
Idle at 700 RPM until the oil temperature reaches 30 degrees C.
Turn ON generator.
Turn ON avionics.
Check all instruments for proper function.
After warm-up, idle at 800 RPM or slightly less.

PS: For the German reading members:
http://www.deutscheluftwaffe.de/Flugzeuge/J%E4ger/Me109E/Instrumentenbeschreibung/Bilder.htm
Clearly indicates the fuel primer pump was necessary for start up.

TomcatViP
10-17-2011, 10:35 AM
Veltro : the G50 is the most immersive cockpit we hve so far. Sadly it just for a short walk over the channel as its Cr42's perfs render it useless.

I think we should hve a new option for all that : RCEM for (real ...)

ZG15_FALKE
10-17-2011, 10:43 AM
It looks like the developers try to get more gamers in by simplifiying cem.
Also fuel management especially in airplanes of long range is a mess.

See also:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=27050

JG53Frankyboy
10-17-2011, 10:47 AM
but in the G50 you cant stop its engine at all, because the magnetos AND the fuelcocks dont react on any command (mouse or shortcut)......

Till all the smaller and bigger CEM features will work almost historical/correct in CoD, i guess some more month will pass.
Not few people are only flying the famous fighters...and so dont recognize all the 'strange' things in the other planes in game.

SNAFU
10-17-2011, 11:00 AM
It looks like the developers try to get more gamers in by simplifiying cem.
Also fuel management especially in airplanes of long range is a mess.

That`s ok, but that`s what the option "CEM on/off" is for, but I donĀ“t need to tell you... :rolleyes:

JG53Frankyboy
10-17-2011, 11:08 AM
and IIRC the the "CEM off" has its bugs :D

perhaps they should have these modes:
complex engine management on/off
complex enginestart on/off
temperature effects on/off
prewarmed engines on/off

sure, in all modes the game should work proper.............. :D