PDA

View Full Version : What should the Devleopers be focusing their attention on?

SKUD
10-16-2011, 09:34 AM
I have seen a lot of advice to the devs on this site but haven't seen a formal poll on what the user base would like to see them focues on. So choose one topic that you think is most important.

Get SLI working
Rework Trees
Improve landscape appearnace
Improve clouds
Improve sound
Improve AI
Add/improve missions
Improve Cockpit appearance
Fix the stuttering at low alt
Get multi threading working

machoo
10-16-2011, 09:36 AM
Improve Ai / Get a SDK out

salmo
10-16-2011, 09:54 AM
Improve Ai / Get a SDK out

I'm with machoo on this one. The course AI behaviour needs refining. The map-making sdk is being worked as far I know. IMO the sooner various sdk's are released the sooner the community can progress game development simultaneously with the dev's expanding/developing the game core.

41Sqn_Stormcrow
10-16-2011, 10:00 AM
Should have allowed 3 votes or so.

Here my priorities (highest priority on top of list):

- Fix FM
- Remove bugs
- Fix DM
- Remove stuttering at low altitude
- Improve AI
- Remove sonic radar
- Improve Cockpit appearance
- Get realistic German Revi sights
- Improve GUI
- Improve Landscape appearance

6BL Bird-Dog
10-16-2011, 10:05 AM
Stuttttttttttttttttttters
Sli & Crossfire

Gourmand
10-16-2011, 10:07 AM
- finish cockpit clickable feature ( more option clickable)
- fix mirror
- finish orders
- add rearm refuel repear feature
- add bailout when landing or sea-landing
- fix break on stuka

and after your polls :rolleyes:

SKUD
10-16-2011, 10:13 AM
Should have allowed 3 votes or so.

Here my priorities (highest priority on top of list):

- Fix FM
- Remove bugs
- Fix DM
- Remove stuttering at low altitude
- Improve AI
- Remove sonic radar
- Improve Cockpit appearance
- Get realistic German Revi sights
- Improve GUI
- Improve Landscape appearance

Good points
didn't see a way to enable three votes per/
SKUD

310_cibule
10-16-2011, 10:24 AM
Highest priority - Fix FM (esp. in high alt., blenheim needs it despetately for example)

- Remove bugs
- Fix DM
- finish cockpit clickable feature ( more option clickable)
- fix mirror
- finish orders
- add rearm refuel repear feature
- add bailout when landing or sea-landing

- make wimpy, defiant and Do-17 flyable

mazex
10-16-2011, 11:54 AM
Mmm, and where is my number one - improve multi player?

trumps
10-16-2011, 12:00 PM
The number 1 for me is the coms system, without this I feel that single player is pointless, number 2 is accuracy with flight models and aircraft performance, including giving the spits their correct props if they presently don't have them.

Craig

Feathered_IV
10-16-2011, 01:28 PM
Single player gameplay. An immersive offline experience. As if they would know it, even if it fell on them. :evil:

GF_Mastiff
10-16-2011, 02:03 PM
I voted other= all of it

Get SLI /multi threading working
Rework Trees
Improve landscape appearance
Improve clouds
Improve sound
Improve AI
Add/improve missions
Improve Cockpit appearance
Fix the stuttering at low alt

and one other thing the visuals of the objects for enemy aircraft. i.e. The 109s disappear at less than 500m I lose them when they pull away at that moment they go invisible. The plane silhouette when wing man or other planes disappear in the atmosphere when their only 1km away

pupo162
10-16-2011, 02:26 PM
stutter + performance
FM
trees + landscape
cities, building pop up
AI

that should be done in six months, counting from release date.

Flanker35M
10-16-2011, 02:35 PM
S!

Stutter and performance.

Raggz
10-16-2011, 03:42 PM
AI and Radio Comms so singel player becomes playable. A lot of us actually like playing off line :)

Trooper117
10-16-2011, 04:07 PM
I'm in the single players camp..

Need decent and believable campaigns.
AI needs total overhaul.
A working communication system, with believable ground control.
A dgen campaign within a correct historical setting, (Pilots, awards/medals, skins, etc).
Correct method of accounting for kills, shared kills, probables, damaged etc.

bw_wolverine
10-16-2011, 04:09 PM
Other.

Radio commands! To my mind, these are the most buggy things left in the game. They're utterly broken and unintuitive. Fixing these would go a LONG way. I could go without everything else for a long time if they said this was their next fix.

Bewolf
10-16-2011, 04:20 PM
Uhm...what about realistic aircraft performance?

RickRuski
10-16-2011, 07:25 PM
Fix the stuttering, I have been looking at some of the videos that have been posted on this forum and every one that I have viewed show stuttering. They should be getting the game optimised for smooth play before doing any more work on the eye candy. What is the sense in having a sim that can't run smoothly on low settings with systems that the developers have given as system requirements. Lack of smooth game play is the most disappointing aspect of COD for most users.

addman
10-16-2011, 07:48 PM
AI and Radio Comms so singel player becomes playable. A lot of us actually like playing off line :)

Hear! Hear!

kakkola
10-16-2011, 08:50 PM
Stutters and performance!!

Sven
10-16-2011, 08:52 PM

+ 1

The comms system seems so advanced but we can't use it!

AnttiK
10-16-2011, 09:15 PM
Radio Comms gets my +1. My wingmen are bloody useless at the moment. :mad:

SKUD
10-17-2011, 12:31 AM
Fix the stuttering, I have been looking at some of the videos that have been posted on this forum and every one that I have viewed show stuttering. They should be getting the game optimised for smooth play before doing any more work on the eye candy. What is the sense in having a sim that can't run smoothly on low settings with systems that the developers have given as system requirements. Lack of smooth game play is the most disappointing aspect of COD for most users.

+1
Thats where I'm at too. I wish I could have added more or multi-tiered topics. Poor anti aliasing is starting to really bug me.

speculum jockey
10-17-2011, 03:16 AM
We should suggest that the developers create some manner of group . . . a "development team" if you would. That way they could allocate different tasks to different teammates according to their skills and the priority of the task.

You could have people working on graphics at the same time others are working on the AI or maps. Someone could be updating flight models while another person was creating new aircraft. Someone could be making new textures while another person was fixing bugs in the code.

But alas. . . such an idea would never happen in the real world! :rolleyes:

GOZR
10-17-2011, 03:31 AM
SLI/Xfire/single general Performance FPS improvements smoothness ( stutters etc.. ) for the game to run ok than the rest ..

SNAFU
10-17-2011, 07:52 AM
Worst bugs are not even included in the poll and would be my priority:

-Network-Code
-FM
-DM
-AI
-Radio (RAF Radio fails as soon as there are more AI planes airborne)

[RANT ON]

All these moaning about stutters and performance drives me sick. Go and cry in your coffee if you don´t want to turn down your settings or get actual hardware, but stop dragging down the rest of the players and waste the developers time. You ask for better performance so the developers take out the small features like reflections etc and then you get upset, because you don´t have reflections anymore... I really hope the developers do NOT read to much in this forum.

[/RANT OFF]

tintifaxl
10-17-2011, 09:02 AM
For me AI includes the radio comms. This is the most important bug for me atm.

FM, DM, Loadouts in QM would be the next on my list.

1PL_Lucas
10-17-2011, 09:28 AM
- reworking user interface. Personally, I think that it looks ugly and never finished
- QMB close to the old IL-2. The RoF has a pretty nice one, too.
- putting existing QMB missions together with regular missions
- radio comms
- maybe some tuning the performace while flying close to the clouds. they are huge fps eaters
- some kind of solution with the houses and trees. I like what has been done in RoF - everyone have the same number of trees/houses - people who play on the lowest settings together with the ones with the high graphical settings
- FM/DM/some animations
- I'd cut those huge ground texture into 4 or 16 pieces, so the terrain would look better on the lower texture sizes. Nowadays, it is perhaps 4096x4096 pix. After cutting that, we would get 16x 1024x1024 which would allow the terrain to look better. However, I am not sure how the performance would be after such change.

Skoshi Tiger
10-17-2011, 09:33 AM
Wow! It just goes to show what a diverse community we are.

Maybe posters who have discovered the MOST IMPORTANT issue that needs to be fixed with the sim need to recognise that others may not share their priorities and that they are just a small part of our community.

I am suprised that flight model wasn't one of the options!

Evolution not revolution Baby!