PDA

View Full Version : Logitech G940 Force FB

Whiski
10-14-2011, 06:48 PM
Is anyone having issues with the force feedback with this stick in CLoD? Has anyone found a way to get the FFB to work with CLoD?

I read some of the threads regarding this stick and not sure if anyone has actually got the FFB to work yet.

Whiskey

Kankkis
10-14-2011, 06:50 PM
Works for me ok, i must admit, shaking effect is way too strong, my table moves when my 109 is shaking.

ATAG_Dutch
10-14-2011, 07:09 PM
Mine works fine, but there can be quite a long delay from the start of a mission to the FFB 'kicking in'.

For instance in the Quick 'Free Flight Dover' Mission it can take up to 30 seconds to start working.

In a mission involving take-off, it often only kicks in as I leave the ground, and this is after full warm-up procedures with CEM.

However it's nowhere near as bad as the problem I have with FSX, where FFB has stopped working properly altogether.:(

Dafunkn
10-14-2011, 07:12 PM
Hey all,

I use a G940 as well.

You might need to check that Force Feedback is enabled.

Look in (depending on your setup):

C:\Users\Computer\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\conf.ini

What you are looking for is:
[rts_joystick]
FF=1

The "1" initializes this function.

================================================== ================================================== ================================================== =========

Oh, Kankkis,

Not sure if you are running Win 7, but you can control the amount of Rumble by trying the following (THIS IS FOR WIN 7):

Go to: "Start"

Right side of popup window:

Go to: "Devices and Printers"

There you will see your G940's three components.

Right click on: "Logitech G960 Joystick (HID)"

Select: "Game Controller Settings"

Make sure the G940 Joystick is highlighted, then;

Select: "Proprieties"

The Select: "Settings"

It is there that you can control the amount of rumble and other various settings.

I hope this helps

Peace Out

Kankkis
10-14-2011, 07:20 PM
Mine works fine, but there can be quite a long delay from the start of a mission to the FFB 'kicking in'.

For instance in the Quick 'Free Flight Dover' Mission it can take up to 30 seconds to start working.

In a mission involving take-off, it often only kicks in as I leave the ground, and this is after full warm-up procedures with CEM.

However it's nowhere near as bad as the problem I have with FSX, where FFB has stopped working properly altogether.:(

Yes, i got this problem too, forgot to mention. My g940 is working with fsx.

Kankkis
10-14-2011, 07:22 PM
Dafung, thanks but i know that, but if i lower ff settings, aal other ff effects goes too small, so effects are not balanced right. I know i can modify it with external program, but too lazy for that, it's wrong balanced effect in game.

Sven
10-14-2011, 07:22 PM
Working here with zero issues ;)

Qpassa
10-14-2011, 07:32 PM
Working here with zero issues ;)

+1

robtek
10-14-2011, 09:49 PM
+1

mazex
10-15-2011, 09:56 PM

(

+ 1 works fine after a while...

/mazex

senseispcc
10-16-2011, 01:36 PM
I have one also and it works fine. Thanks for asking.;)

Whiski
10-16-2011, 02:02 PM
I have one also and it works fine. Thanks for asking.;)

:grin: Np, I asked because a friend was having issues with his FFB in game. I do believe it works after a while, as stated previously. Thanks gents.

Whiskey

Jotaele
10-17-2011, 02:06 PM
You dont have to wait for a wile, if you force a stall, the spring force will start to work.

I like a lot ffb in clod, it is curious that a game that started without ffb, currently have a very good ffb programing. I like specially when your plane are damaged like loosing a wing, you will notice the forces in the stick like the wires are cutted , so there anre no force. But shakes from damaged engine are overdone.

I hope the sospring at start will be focused in the future.

Kankkis
10-17-2011, 02:32 PM
You dont have to wait for a wile, if you force a stall, the spring force will start to work.

I like a lot ffb in clod, it is curious that a game that started without ffb, currently have a very good ffb programing. I like specially when your plane are damaged like loosing a wing, you will notice the forces in the stick like the wires are cutted , so there anre no force. But shakes from damaged engine are overdone.

I hope the sospring at start will be focused in the future.

Yep shake FF is really too strong versus other forces.

robtek
10-17-2011, 05:52 PM
Yep shake FF is really too strong versus other forces.

But it is adjustable! with a little program. Did id once, don't find it anymore cause i didn't need it anymore.

Bobo
10-17-2011, 06:30 PM
I have a Logitech Force 3D Pro and since the 950 patch I have lost all FFB. Worked fine before. Anyone else have this problem?

robtek
10-17-2011, 07:07 PM
deactivated in conf.ini?

fruitbat
10-17-2011, 07:55 PM
deactivated in conf.ini?

the FF=0/1

doesn't seem to work, although not tried since this new patch

ACE-OF-ACES
10-17-2011, 08:16 PM
But it is adjustable! with a little program. Did id once, don't find it anymore cause i didn't need it anymore.
That and you can pick-n-choose what you want wrt FF

That is to say, if you just want 'the force' feedback, but none of the 'shake' due to what ever.. Than just del the 'corsponding' files in the FFB directory and it will disable those aspects.. Me personally, I just want the force feedback.. the shake stuff, as with most games, is just way over the top

As for the G940.. WORST game controller made in the past ten years!

Note I said game controller and not joystick! Because the G940 is more of a 'system' in that you get a joystick, throttle, and rudders.. Well the throttle and rudders are worthless! All the pots on them are way too noisy/buggie and a year later LogiFec has not produces a firmware patch to address these issues

Thus joystick itself is actully pretty nice.. But the rest blows, blows so hard that I have allready replaced the rudder pedels with the new Saitek rudders.. As for the throttle.. i.e. one of the main reasons I bought it was it has split throttles.. Well I trashed them too and went back to my CH throttle

So.. if you want a FF joystick.. the G940 has a nice 'stick' but if your buying it as a 'system' to repalce your joystick, rudders, and throttle.. DONT COUNT ON IT! I urge you to go to the Logitec forums and read the hundreds upon hundreds of post from people who bought the G940 only to find that the throttler and rudders are junk.. Worst yet Logitec has no plans on fixing these problems!!

Bobo
10-17-2011, 09:35 PM
Just noticed the little blue power light isn't on...hmmm... a loose wire recconnected and all is well, except my lameness :P