PDA

View Full Version : The developers why write the Sukhoi.ru page and why does not official forum?

V.4_Pogi
10-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Why must Sukhoi.ru is needed to discover the next patch infos?

Trooper117
10-14-2011, 05:19 PM
lol.. maybe because they are Russian?

V.4_Pogi
10-14-2011, 05:24 PM
Yes they Russian,but not Official...lol

robtek
10-14-2011, 05:36 PM
Russia got the game first, so they get the infos first too!

We should be glad that we dont have to wait a few week, as for the release :D :D :D

kotka5
10-14-2011, 05:42 PM
Because this game seems to be one big f...ing BETA, and they don't have the guts to say it here.:mad:

Lololopoulos
10-14-2011, 05:42 PM
so what did they write on the sukhoi forum today??

V.4_Pogi
10-14-2011, 05:54 PM
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=26704

The 3rd and 4th pages.

V.4_Pogi
10-14-2011, 06:00 PM
Yust dont understand,we bought this game likewise,we do not deserve this much?

Trooper117
10-14-2011, 06:04 PM
C'mon Pogi.. does a couple of days here and there make a big difference?
All the while you are sitting here fretting you could be playing the game, or another game, or doing real life stuff!

V.4_Pogi
10-14-2011, 06:13 PM
C'mon Pogi.. does a couple of days here and there make a big difference?
All the while you are sitting here fretting you could be playing the game, or another game, or doing real life stuff!

You know it on a whole week I do a real thing,I work hard! I would like to know what there is with this only f..king patch,if I paid a lot of money for him already.

Gamekeeper
10-14-2011, 06:40 PM
The posts on Sukhoi are not official announcements, these are made by Luthier and he posts on both forums. Also as Russian is the first language for most of the developers it is only natural they post on a Russian forum.

Not everything is a conspiracy

ZaltysZ
10-14-2011, 06:45 PM
Keep in mind that sukhoi.ru is Russian forum dedicated to aviation, and devs, who post there, do not use it solely for communication with players. They participate in other topics too. Naturally, they drop some replies regarding the game as they pass by.

albx
10-14-2011, 07:04 PM
Mostly due to the excessive whining and abusive posts directed at the dev team for the first couple of months after release...

How can you say this? translate the sukhoi.ru forum and see what people say there, do you think they are nice with devs?

VO101_Tom
10-14-2011, 07:13 PM
Why must Sukhoi.ru is needed to discover the next patch infos?

Jogos... :rolleyes:

JG52Uther
10-14-2011, 07:25 PM
Mostly due to the excessive whining and abusive posts directed at the dev team for the first couple of months after release...

The Russian speaking forums were much worse...

pupo162
10-14-2011, 07:40 PM
The Russian speaking forums were much worse...

yeah they only spoke gibberish :grin:

Vengeanze
10-14-2011, 08:24 PM
Where's our Community Manager?

Qpassa
10-14-2011, 08:30 PM
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=349304&postcount=37

Chivas
10-14-2011, 08:36 PM
Here is some info that should be fairly accurate:

They are working on the beta, its not finished yet, but should be done in the next minutes, days, or weeks.

p.s. If they aren't working on it, then we should be seeing some forum posts from development members who are looking for work.

JG53Frankyboy
10-14-2011, 09:21 PM
i 'like' this idea of endless betas.....a way to circumvent STEAM :D

just wondering about the poor costumers not reading the related forums, but, there might be not many

FrostGuru
10-14-2011, 10:43 PM
Where's our Community Manager?

never went into business, the money ran out for this job position and Beta community managers will not be released to the public

Skoshi Tiger
10-15-2011, 12:39 AM
never went into business, the money ran out for this job position and Beta community managers will not be released to the public

No they put out their feelers but they couldn't find anyone that would put up with us and our behaviour!

Hard to live with but I guess we've only got ourselves to blame, But hey! It's easier to live in denial!
;)

Madfish
10-15-2011, 11:28 PM
The posts on Sukhoi are not official announcements, these are made by Luthier and he posts on both forums. Also as Russian is the first language for most of the developers it is only natural they post on a Russian forum.

Not everything is a conspiracy

Maybe. But to programmers English IS a native language. I never understood how you could begin trying to code without even understanding and more importantly express content in English. :confused:

Icebear
10-16-2011, 12:21 AM
I never understood how you could begin trying to code without even understanding and more importantly express content in English. :confused:

ROFL ! Take a look at IL2 CLiffs of Dover. Nice try.... ;)

hiro
10-16-2011, 01:14 AM
Patch info is needed by sukhoi.ru because true
developers why must they write because coder blue
In Mother Russia, the forum posts you.
That is why they post and patch sukhoi.ru cuz its a sim too
They do not write official forum because its moo
and not official, it is trivial to do

B patient R U?

AndyJWest
10-16-2011, 02:48 AM
to programmers English IS a native language

Really? Here's a random bit of Java (probably with added bugs.. I wrote it)

public boolean importCAGraphicLattice(CAEngine engine, File file) {
if (!file.exists() || !file.canRead() || file.isDirectory()) {
showErrorMessage(importTitle, "Unable to read " + file.getName());
return false;
}
try {
image = ImageIO.read(file);
} catch (Exception e) {
showErrorMessage(importTitle, "Error reading " + file.getName() +
":\n" + e);
return false;
}
if (image == null) {
showErrorMessage(importTitle, "File " + file.getName() +
" is not a known graphic format");
return false;
}
System.out.println("File: " + file.getName());
System.out.println("Image: " + image);
int cCols = countImageColors();
System.out.println("Colours: " + cCols);
if(cCols > 8) {
" has too many colours for a valid lattice");
return false;
}
if(cCols > engine.getRule().getNumCellStates()) {
" has too many colours/states for the current rule");
return false;
}
if(!readStateColors(engine.getRule().getNumCellSta tes())){
" does not define colour/state correspondance\n" +
"(see Help for further information)");
// I could add a dialog box to sort out correspondances...
return false;
}
for(int c = 0; c < cCols; c++)
System.out.println("Colour " + c + ": " + stateColors[c]);
try {
int w = image.getWidth();
int h = image.getHeight() - 1; // exclude state color row
engine.setLatticeSize(w, h);
CACursor.setCursor(Cursor.WAIT_CURSOR);
for(int y = 0; y < h; y++)
for(int x = 0; x < w; x++) {
int c = image.getRGB(x, y);
int v = 0;
for(int t = 0; t < cCols; t++)
if(stateColorRGBs[t] == c)
v = t;
engine.setCell(x, y, v);
}
} catch (CAException e) {
CACursor.setDefaultCursor();
showErrorMessage(importTitle, "Error loading " + file.getName() +
":\n" + e);
return false;
}
CACursor.setDefaultCursor();
return true;
}
How many non-programmer English-speakers would consider that to be written in English? I've used vaguely-English names for variables, methods etc, but I could just have easily used any language compatible with the recognised character set for the language. Arbitrary labels are just that - arbitrary. And programming 'languages' aren't languages in the normal sense at all, any more than '6 x 7 = 42' or 'R = S/C+V' is.

EDIT: - just to clarify, the smiley character isn't normally used in Java, and I do actually indent code when I write it - the formatting seems to have got slightly screwed up when I pasted it here...

Vengeanze
10-16-2011, 04:09 AM
Have to agree with Madfish.

As an example, not knowing russian and programming in russian would be...very если!

общественного логический Ошибкапричтении(попробуйт двигателя, если файл) {
если (если.прочитать () | |! если.Поймать () | | если.изображение ()) {
определяетцвет (прочитать, "Невозможно прочитать" + если.прочитать ());
вернуться ложным;
}
}

ZaltysZ
10-16-2011, 07:14 AM
Maybe. But to programmers English IS a native language. I never understood how you could begin trying to code without even understanding and more importantly express content in English. :confused:

No, it is not. Even if programming languages borrow keywords from English, it does not mean that they are more than keywords for programmers.

Gourmand
10-16-2011, 08:49 AM
it's not normal that information in a russian forum is not automatiquely reported on the official forum...
i can believe that developpeur don't succeed to write english, even if it's a "bad-english" ( like me ) :grin:

And finally, in the darkest corner of the office, is Gennady.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6038/5891153338_0acdbd450b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/64714588@N04/5891153338/)

No one knows what he does.
Gennady can write english ? there is a job to take : community manager ;)

310_cibule
10-16-2011, 09:07 AM
I want all the info in Czech first. It is mÿ right 'cause I purchased the game here, in the Czech Republic. It cost me fortune (699 CZK, to be exact ie. some 30 €)

Ilya, how you even dare to publish it in Russian or English and not in Czech at all for the God sake?

How you even dare... whatever.

V.4_Pogi
10-16-2011, 09:24 AM
I want all the info in Czech first. It is mÿ right 'cause I purchased the game here, in the Czech Republic.

Ilya, how you even dare to publish it in Russian or English and not in Czech for the God sake?

How you even dare... whatever.

According to me, you a little too complicated this question. :)

The English language is international,and the Czech or Russian?

The ironcurtain collapsed already ;)

310_cibule
10-16-2011, 10:14 AM
According to me, you a little too complicated this question. :)

The English language is international,and the Czech or Russian?

The ironcurtain collapsed already ;)

You mean Russian is not international? Wow ;)

Russian is the 8th most spoken language in the world by number of native speakers and the 4th by total number of speakers. The language is one of the six official languages of the United Nations. And Czech is the nicest :)

Learn Russian, man, it is usefull (at least you can read sukhoi.ru ;)

I only want to say (maybe in a bit complicated way) that it is up to Luthier where he publishes his remarks. The same it is up to you if complaining about his publishing or not. This simple ;)

V.4_Pogi
10-16-2011, 11:16 AM
You mean Russian is not international? Wow ;)

Russian is the 8th most spoken language in the world by number of native speakers and the 4th by total number of speakers. The language is one of the six official languages of the United Nations. And Czech is the nicest :)

Learn Russian, man, it is usefull (at least you can read sukhoi.ru ;)

I only want to say (maybe in a bit complicated way) that it is up to Luthier where he publishes his remarks. The same it is up to you if complaining about his publishing or not. This simple ;)

I would not mention the two languages on a sheet. Then already why not in Chinese,most speak this though(1.2 billion people). Learn Chinese, man, it is usefull:confused:

"And Czech is the nicest" ? From what? Because of those many consecutive consonants?;)

310_cibule
10-16-2011, 12:51 PM
I would not mention the two languages on a sheet. Then already why not in Chinese,most speak this though(1.2 billion people). Learn Chinese, man, it is usefull:confused:

That's correct. In general. And I probably will ;) But they haven't produced many flight sims so far thus no need to hurry :eek:

"And Czech is the nicest" ? From what? Because of those many consecutive consonants?;)

You are right again. And not only :)

Mad G
10-16-2011, 01:32 PM

S!

I have to disagree, sorry. If Luthier were just another forum member, he could post whatever and wherever he wants, but after Oleg bail out from COD, Ilya is the man in charge, charging for his yet unfinished promissing product.

As this sim is a commercial one, there are some postures and attitudes to be expected from serious professionals selling their product worldwide. This is what customers want. Basic 21st Century communication! :)

Luckly we have Google Translator!

SP!

310_cibule
10-16-2011, 07:10 PM
S!

I have to disagree, sorry. If Luthier were just another forum member, he could post whatever and wherever he wants, but after Oleg bail out from COD, Ilya is the man in charge, charging for his yet unfinished promissing product.

As this sim is a commercial one, there are some postures and attitudes to be expected from serious professionals selling their product worldwide. This is what customers want. Basic 21st Century communication! :)

Luckly we have Google Translator!

SP!

Copy that. And agree. More or less ;)

Still it is up to Ilya where he publishes whatever he wants to publish (basic common right for all of us) :o

You and I may call it a wrong 21st Century communication's strategy 'cause we are much happier with English than Russian, complain about, it erase CoD from the HD and never buy enathing from this company. We can do anything we find meaningful. (basic common right for all of us).

If I were Luthier I would have let info out exactly the way he does (sometimes in Russian at a Russian forum since the market there is huuuuuuuge. Sometimes here 'cause this is the official forum). No problem.

:cool:

nearmiss
10-16-2011, 07:22 PM
Luthier lives in Russia. He has friends in Russia and I'm sure he can be contacted directly in most instances. If you lived in Moscow you might even walk over to the the developer offices and have a few words most anytime, if you didn't make a nuisance of your self.

Luthier shares information here very quickly so don't be disillusioned about not getting the full story. We are getting constant updates and patches, along with information.

Nothing changes for anyone unless we get some kind of technical explanation or a patch. (even in Russia)

JG52Uther
10-16-2011, 08:20 PM
I think Luthier (Ilya) actually lives in California. In the age of the internet, you don't have to live in the same country that you work in! ;)

Chivas
10-16-2011, 08:31 PM
Luthier has lived in California, but I think his home base now must be Russia. Personally I could care less that they post more in the Russian forums. We get the important information in a timely manor. Plus I get a kick out of the English interruptions of a Russian Post, although peoples interpretations of the English forums are sometimes just as funny.

nearmiss
10-16-2011, 08:32 PM
I think Luthier (Ilya) actually lives in California. In the age of the internet, you don't have to live in the same country that you work in! ;)

I understand he is US citizen that has family in US and learned game programming US. He moved to Moscow working on IL2 and COD projects.

He speaks English and Russian.

JG52Uther
10-16-2011, 08:38 PM
I understand he is US citizen that has family in US and learned game programming US. He moved to Moscow working on IL2 and COD projects.

He speaks English and Russian.

Yes I've met him, he's a nice guy.

Ataros
10-16-2011, 08:53 PM
This forum is owned by 1C. If you are an 1C employee (I am not talking about luthier's level but rather if u r an ordinary programmer) you do not want your bosses to fire you because you said something what they consider wrong on the official forums.

Unofficial forums like sukhoi or simhq are the places where you can express personal opinion only.

It is logical that no one wants to take risks in the time of the financial crisis. On the official forums you can get only sterile official information.

adonys
10-16-2011, 09:52 PM
ok. What about ALL of us moving there, then?!!

Mad G
10-17-2011, 11:26 AM
That´s a good idea!
I´ve already hired a russian language teacher (photo). We´re going to make an exchange. She will teach me russian and I´ll teach her how to fly IL2-COD. I think it will be a very rewarding experience for both!

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/5954/olesyarulin.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/692/olesyarulin.jpg/)

albx
10-17-2011, 11:34 AM
That´s a good idea!
I´ve already hired a russian language teacher (photo). We´re going to make an exchange. She will teach me russian and I´ll teach her how to fly IL2-COD. I think it will be a very rewarding experience for both!

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/5954/olesyarulin.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/692/olesyarulin.jpg/)

well, I already have mine, my wife :grin:

kalimba
10-17-2011, 12:47 PM
well, I already have mine, my wife :grin:

Oh....too bad for you....:cool:

salute !

recoilfx
10-17-2011, 12:55 PM
Russian wives be crazy man. I got one myself, they are of something else... Love her though :-D

tintifaxl
10-17-2011, 01:14 PM
A friend of mine is married to a Russian woman, too. He never complains. :mrgreen:

Tvrdi
10-17-2011, 01:26 PM
"western world" women are spoiled...

Skoshi Tiger
10-17-2011, 01:30 PM

Ask them about their men and they'll say the same thing! ;)

Cheers!

JG52Uther
10-17-2011, 01:31 PM

Western world is new third world. The good times are gone!

Trooper117
10-17-2011, 01:35 PM
''wer'e all DOOMED!''

Tvrdi
10-17-2011, 02:19 PM
Western world is new third world. The good times are gone!

yes and know....they are still standing (way) better than we are (and we are NOW somewhere between them/you and third world)

what goes around comes around

JG52Krupi
10-17-2011, 02:26 PM
Just bow down to China's might, we effectively gave them the power by giving them so much of our manufacturing.

Tvrdi
10-17-2011, 02:28 PM
Just bow down to China's might, we effectively gave them the power by giving them so much of our manufacturing.

well your/their companies wanted cheaper workers huh?

we are off topic now...

so...are we gonna see some info soon (maybe on sukhoi hehe)

Scavenger
10-17-2011, 03:00 PM
topic starter is so jealous.

V.4_Pogi
10-17-2011, 03:49 PM
topic starter is so jealous.

Why I would be jealous,or onto who?

You thought of the timid one possibly?

Scavenger
10-17-2011, 04:03 PM
because the devs on sukhoi is better than nowhere.