PDA

View Full Version : just switched back to beta 15527-waoh!

David198502
10-14-2011, 11:11 AM
i just switched back to the previous beta patch because i wanted to fly the E4 again....man after some days with 15866 i totally forgot how beautiful the cockpits were.all the nice reflections and not that contrasted looks way more convincing.
and also the performance is way more smooth again with 15527.although i have pretty much the same fps average(a small increase of 2fps with 15527), i have way less stutters!also the crosshair is much better visible in the bf again!
i will stick with it until another beta or the official patch comes out, and pray that they will get back to good things the game once had...

EDIT: after a second try i realised that flyby sounds from inside the cockpit sound is different as well with 15527. realistic or not if,whether you should hear other engines or not, the flyby sounds in 15527 are much more convincing, because the doppler effect is more noticeable!another feature which in my view should COME BACK!!

Ze-Jamz
10-14-2011, 11:13 AM
Have to say I flew last night for a while, haven't done much since the last Beta and the cockpits look shyte..real bad

1 sortie, finished flying

Plt Off JRB Meaker
10-14-2011, 11:45 AM
Yeah,I can't see how the recent poll on cockpit colours came out in favour of the latest patch,I too personally agree the latest cockpit colours are crap,but unfortunately Luthier has stated they will remain this way!

What we had initially was fine,perfect even,if you like and yet the devs in their infinite wisdom decided to spend time on changing their look,when they could have used that time to sort out the blessed comms:rolleyes:

So there you go,it would seem we're stuck with them.

David198502
10-14-2011, 11:55 AM
i think the poll on the cockpit colours had that outcome, because many people didnt even recognize the sudden lack of reflections on the gauges...but thats only an attempt to understand their vote.going back to 15527 really shows me that the latest beta patch is nothing but cr..
sorry for beeing negative but thats the way i see it.i just cant get it why the devs did such changes...really frightening

skouras
10-14-2011, 02:14 PM
totally agree
the previous beta was just in the right direction about the pits;)
I told ya..

seaeye
10-14-2011, 02:25 PM
i think the poll on the cockpit colours had that outcome, because many people didnt even recognize the sudden lack of reflections on the gauges...but thats only an attempt to understand their vote.going back to 15527 really shows me that the latest beta patch is nothing but cr..
sorry for beeing negative but thats the way i see it.i just cant get it why the devs did such changes...really frightening

+1

Old cockpits please Luthier

Stefem
10-14-2011, 02:32 PM
i just switched back to the previous beta patch because i wanted to fly the E4 again....man after some days with 15866 i totally forgot how beautiful the cockpits were.all the nice reflections and not that contrasted looks way more convincing.

Try with no beta patch at all, cockpit color are noticeably better than with the past beta patch

David198502
10-14-2011, 02:47 PM
The E-4 is in 15866, why did you roll back again?

because of its bugged prop pitch!

Hunden
10-14-2011, 03:01 PM
Didn't realize they had taken reflections out. Compared the 2 betas and I agree that the first beta had a much better look to it. I knew something was missing just thought it had something to do with the drastic colors and contrast change.

Plt Off JRB Meaker
10-14-2011, 05:17 PM

No need to apologise mate,there's a lot of us that agree with you;)

Heliocon
10-14-2011, 08:05 PM
and also the performance is way more smooth again with 15527.although i have pretty much the same fps average(a small increase of 2fps with 15527), i have way less stutters!also the crosshair is much better visible in the bf again!
i will stick with it until another beta or the official patch comes out, and pray that they will get back to good things the game once had...

EDIT: after a second try i realised that flyby sounds from inside the cockpit sound is different as well with 15527. realistic or not if,whether you should hear other engines or not, the flyby sounds in 15527 are much more convincing, because the doppler effect is more noticeable!another feature which in my view should COME BACK!!

100% agree

Skoshi Tiger
10-14-2011, 11:39 PM
all the nice reflections and not that contrasted looks way more convincing.

There are reflections in the instrument guages in the beta patch. Not as pronounced but there.

Cheers!

NedLynch
10-14-2011, 11:58 PM
I don't mind the contrast really, but I have to agree on sounds, they are better in the previous beta.

capt vertigo
10-15-2011, 03:26 AM
I don't mind the contrast really, but I have to agree on sounds, they are better in the previous beta.

I think the new cockpits are rubbish compared to earlier versions.. I hope they return soon.. :(

justme262
10-15-2011, 05:20 AM
It is scary that anyone could think the second beta is an improvement and undermines my confidence in the devs.

I even wonder if it just doesn't work properly on my rig and I'm not seeing what they are seeing.

I've never complained about any of the patches or glitches. I've stayed positive and given them the benefit of the doubt through it all. But if what I'm looking at on my screen is an improvement in their opinion then they must be drunk.

SKUD
10-15-2011, 05:50 AM
What is the most painless and straightforward way to roll back. I never loaded the first beta just went straight to 15866 but would like to see what I missed. I agree the original cockpit was nicer.

David198502
10-15-2011, 08:27 AM
open your steam account,right click on cliffs of dover and click on properties.then go to the local files tab and verify integrity of game cache-this brings you back to the official version.
after doing that start the game once(dont know if you actually need to) and exit again.after that go to your 1c folder and clear the cache folder(delete all files in it except the subfolder, but delete the files in it as well)
after that you can install the previous beta and you are ready to go.

machoo
10-15-2011, 09:22 PM
I like the 866 patch better. Apart from a few minor things it's overall alot nicer to look at. and for screenshots.

robtek
10-15-2011, 10:38 PM
Agree 100% OP.
I would go even so far to say that the new sounds feel and sound like nothing more than a user made mod.
I feel that the 2 months of work have produced not much in the way of substance. More than likely the team is focusing on the next DLC. I'm speculating that all major code fixes will come with that as it will probably overwrite the borked code in this game when you merge them.
Here's to hoping existing customers get a discount because of this mess.

Anyhow, Game for me hinges on this offical patch, if it doesnt radically improve the game to the point where we can have at least AA then I'm out. My time is limited enough and i CBA with making such a massive effort to try to enjoy a game.

Typical reaction of someone missing information about Software in general and programming especial.
Most things are happening below the surface, like a iceberg!

sorak
10-16-2011, 02:34 AM
Didn't realize they had taken reflections out. Compared the 2 betas and I agree that the first beta had a much better look to it. I knew something was missing just thought it had something to do with the drastic colors and contrast change.

The reflections are not out.. They are less noticeable.. which is better.. Plus the reflections in the cockpit was never really anyway.. Look at the reflection closely.. its just a static picture that never changes no matter what really is the reflection.. Its been like the whole time...

New Cockpit color and all colors in the new patch is so much more BETTER...

I got some breast milk ready to go if needed

cellinsky
10-16-2011, 10:21 AM
"New Cockpit color and all colors in the new patch is so much more BETTER... "

Never been negativ here, but I really wonder what some of you guys look at !??
As a graphics designer, I have my monitor set to defaults. Cockpit graphics look exactly if someone has its gamma settings way to dark and therefore did overcorrect the gradation. A common mistake with beginners, as I often see at school.
And the colrrs on the terrain look like uncorrected sattelite-images pre 1995. Abosolute horrible and unnecessairy changes here. Went back to the previous patch, wich is much more balanced overall IMHO. Hope it will turn out thr good way, cause I really like the sim
Cheers, Marcello

philip.ed
10-16-2011, 10:53 AM
"New Cockpit color and all colors in the new patch is so much more BETTER... "

Never been negativ here, but I really wonder what some of you guys look at !??
As a graphics designer, I have my monitor set to defaults. Cockpit graphics look exactly if someone has its gamma settings way to dark and therefore did overcorrect the gradation. A common mistake with beginners, as I often see at school.
And the colrrs on the terrain look like uncorrected sattelite-images pre 1995. Abosolute horrible and unnecessairy changes here. Went back to the previous patch, wich is much more balanced overall IMHO. Hope it will turn out thr good way, cause I really like the sim
Cheers, Marcello

+1, well said.

Hunden
10-16-2011, 05:26 PM
The reflections are not out.. They are less noticeable.. which is better.. Plus the reflections in the cockpit was never really anyway.. Look at the reflection closely.. its just a static picture that never changes no matter what really is the reflection.. Its been like the whole time...

New Cockpit color and all colors in the new patch is so much more BETTER...

Lactating are we? Thanks but I don't like fat chicks...............

addman
10-16-2011, 07:50 PM
Typical reaction of someone missing information about Software in general and programming especial.
Most things are happening below the surface, like a iceberg!

This iceberg is melting faster than Al Gores' predictions....

robtek
10-16-2011, 10:17 PM
This iceberg is melting faster than Al Gores' predictions....

Oh, you know what is hidden in the program-code?

Tell us more.

But then, i bet it was a guess, not even educated :D

ParaB
10-17-2011, 12:18 AM
I couldn't care less what's hidden in the program code, I'd just finally love to play the game I paid 66.99€ for than more half a year ago.

6+ months after release and the devs STILL haven't managed to implement basic features like working FSAA, radio commands, non-ludicrous AI and correct FMS.

If I sound a tad bitter, then so be it. I've followed the Il2 series since the days of Bluebyte's involvement, but even my patience is running out eventually.

Jaws2002
10-17-2011, 01:31 AM

Is that the only line you have? It's getting old, you know.:rolleyes:

The reflections are not out.. They are less noticeable.. which is better.. New Cockpit color and all colors in the new patch is so much more BETTER...

The reflections are not less noticeable, they are pretty much gone.
You are the only one around here that finds the latest beta better when it comes to looks.

Here are two very similar screens taken in the curent official version, first beta and the latest beta:

Official version:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/<FA>Jaws/Screenshot2180.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/<FA>Jaws/Screenshot1517.jpg

first beta:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/<FA>Jaws/Screenshot1275.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/<FA>Jaws/Screenshot1015.jpg

and the last beta:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/<FA>Jaws/Screenshot550.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/<FA>Jaws/Screenshot1538.jpg

Jaws2002
10-17-2011, 01:44 AM
As you can see in the last beta the reflections are gone, the water looks flat and has the color of a stormy sea. Remember, part of the water color in the distance is given by the color of the sky that's reflected in the water. The blue sky reflected in the water should make the water look blue. Just simple fact.

The game lost a huge amount of beauty in the last beta. It lost the beautiful lightng, sea color and the beauty of the cockpits. This were some of the few strong points this game had.
If the final version looks anything like this last beta, this game is going to slowly die.

CWMV
10-17-2011, 02:04 AM
Oh that just BS.
The strength of a simulator isn't in its reflections, its in performance.
If a game has really good visuals, but runs like poo, it won't make it. Sounds like CoD 1.2, yes?
But if it has rich content with a myriad of planes with accurate modeling in all aspects, lots of maps and easy to use fmb/qmb then it will live a long life.

I mean look at IL2. It looked like crap initially (neon green 109's anyone?) But it had much more going for it, and then the mod community was able to build on that and make it into an icon of combat flight sims.
Making these dooms day predictions because of the colors is just silly! Hell it might be that your monitor is simply out of adjustment. What will kill the game is a lack of content and a structure so unreliable that many can't play the game without having crashes, and botched FM's. Not to mention an obvious bias in the game to try to get the player to fly red lol.

Jaws2002
10-17-2011, 02:16 AM
Oh that just BS.
The strength of a simulator isn't in its reflections, its in performance.
If a game has really good visuals, but runs like poo, it won't make it. Sounds like CoD 1.2, yes?
But if it has rich content with a myriad of planes with accurate modeling in all aspects, lots of maps and easy to use fmb/qmb then it will live a long life.

I mean look at IL2. It looked like crap initially ( neon green 109's anyone?) But it had much more going for it, and then the mod community was able to build on that and them it into an icon of combat flight sim.
Making these downs day predictions because if the colors is just silly! Hell it might be that your monitor is simply out of adjustment. What will kill the game is a lack of content and a structure so unreliable that many can't play the game without having crashes, and botched FM's. Not to mention an obvious bias in the game to try to get the player to fly red lol.

I agree with you, but the problem with this game is that those things you say "make a flight sim", are badly lacking. The two things nobody complained and everyone loved from the start, were the cockpits and lighting engine. Now those are both messed up, and the things you say make a flight sim are not exactly there yet.
So what is there to keep people coming for more?

CWMV
10-17-2011, 02:41 AM
Oh I know, what I meant was that it currently needs a lot more work than the colors, cause it doesn't have much going for it!
One thing that has improved though is playability, and if the price of having a more payable game is to take a hit in reflections, then so be it.

CharveL
10-17-2011, 02:47 AM
Dunno, both look pretty good to me in their own way. And flying the latest hasn't looked bad at all, perhaps just a bit more what I'd expect expect the colour variance to look like from altitude.

The water looks better in the old patch because it still has cloud reflections on so I'd venture to guess they turned it off for now to save a few frames. I expect we'll eventually see an option to turn them back on.

Like someone else said, I'd rather see them working on a bunch of other stuff for now. My main wishlist right now is to just keep working on the sound.

I couldn't go back for just a different colour algorithm considering the AI isn't so spastic in the latest patch.