PDA

View Full Version : Mission Builder Tutorial

O_Smiladon
10-14-2011, 10:54 AM
S! All

Could someone think about doing a mission for single and multi player tutorial.

Would be good to to mak some missions for me and the lads to fly around in.

and good for future new comers.

Regards

O_Smiladon

catar
10-14-2011, 10:55 AM
+1

Trooper117
10-14-2011, 11:01 AM
Lads, open up the fmb and just get stuck in, it literaly takes 10 mins to knock up a quick mission, just using the basics.
There are quite a few fmb video tutorials on the web, just google it.
It's very similar to the old IL2 fmb so its not rocket science.
Once you have made and run your own simple missions you will wonder why you never did it before.. :)

Phazon
10-14-2011, 11:23 AM
You finally started to convert some of the guys in Oceanic Wing to Clod hey? :)

I'm not too sure what the requirements are for making missions that work properly in multiplayer unfortunately, I've only made missions for single-player so far. Unfortunately there is not alot of official information although someone will chip in with some of the main things you need to know.

Ataros
10-14-2011, 02:05 PM
Have a look at similar threads in the FMB section. There is a lot of advise there.

ATAG_Bliss
10-14-2011, 03:36 PM
The FMB functionality has remained very similar between 46 and CoD so start with this: http://www.il2-fullmissionbuilder.com/index.php

The scripting / C# just comes from hours of frustration trying to make the simplest of stuff work with C#. Heck it only takes 60+ lines of C# to despawn a plane after a player or AI has left it. lol

salmo
10-14-2011, 09:40 PM
Here's some excelent video FMB tutorials for Il2-1946, the basics of FMB are the same ain both IL2-1946 & COD.

http://www.il2-fullmissionbuilder.com/index.php

O_Smiladon
10-14-2011, 10:01 PM
Guys,

yes thats ok if you want to do single player stuff. I used to build missions back in the IL2 day, but its been a long time, and I have lost the touch:)

Those tutorials look like they are more geared toward single player.

Not really MP stuff. and when i have tride to get it happening i get error outside build array or something like that.

It is most likely something really simple that I am not doing wrong/missing .. but sorry guys those ILS 1946 tut's are no help.

Regards

O_Smiladon

salmo
10-15-2011, 12:50 AM
Smily, so you say your getting an "error outside build array or something like that". This sounds like your trying to script in C#. Is that right? If so, maybe you have an array index that is outside the bounds of the array. What I mean is, say you have a list of 30 planes in an array, the code may be trying to access the 31st array element, which will give an error.

O_Smiladon
10-15-2011, 12:50 AM
Yeah cheese,

I have 2 spwan points, I have 1 red and 1 blue with the right aircraft for each side.

Do I make the air field that the spwan points are on red and blue bases as well?

O_Smiladon

ATAG_Bliss
10-15-2011, 03:19 AM
Guys,

yes thats ok if you want to do single player stuff. I used to build missions back in the IL2 day, but its been a long time, and I have lost the touch:)

Those tutorials look like they are more geared toward single player.

Not really MP stuff. and when i have tride to get it happening i get error outside build array or something like that.

It is most likely something really simple that I am not doing wrong/missing .. but sorry guys those ILS 1946 tut's are no help.

Regards

O_Smiladon

You should ask a more direct question then ;)

The IL2 FMB of old and the new one is 90% identical in how do virtually everything, including setting up a MP mission (which is virtually the same as a SP mission.)

Create an airfield param on an existing field and set which planes you want to spawn there.The spawn points are hard coded in the game for every airfield available. Individual (per location) spawn points can be set as well, but are fairly buggy atm. There is no working destruct device either so creating an airfield from scratch is about impossible right now, and considering misRoads don't work on a dedi server that's another problem.

Just like making an old mission you need to put boundaries up (red/blue) and your airfields will populate in the right color to being with. You don't need a single script (C#) to create a static MP mission / same as old IL2.

If you are having problems with C# show your scripts and I'll try to help.

O_Smiladon
10-15-2011, 05:01 AM
You should ask a more direct question then ;)

The IL2 FMB of old and the new one is 90% identical in how do virtually everything, including setting up a MP mission (which is virtually the same as a SP mission.)

Create an airfield param on an existing field and set which planes you want to spawn there.The spawn points are hard coded in the game for every airfield available. Individual (per location) spawn points can be set as well, but are fairly buggy atm. There is no working destruct device either so creating an airfield from scratch is about impossible right now, and considering misRoads don't work on a dedi server that's another problem.

Just like making an old mission you need to put boundaries up (red/blue) and your airfields will populate in the right color to being with. You don't need a single script (C#) to create a static MP mission / same as old IL2.

If you are having problems with C# show your scripts and I'll try to help.

Cheers Bliss.

O_Smiladon
10-15-2011, 05:08 AM
OK,

I think I am 3 1/4s there.

I just cant seem to get the airfield bits sorted, like where you get the flags to click on then one you pick a side you then click on the airfield and so on.

Any help appreciated

Regards
O_Smiladon

salmo
10-15-2011, 10:06 AM
OK,

I think I am 3 1/4s there.

I just cant seem to get the airfield bits sorted, like where you get the flags to click on then one you pick a side you then click on the airfield and so on.

Any help appreciated

Regards
O_Smiladon

Yes, I had the same problem mate. The COD game interface is different to the IL2-1946 inteface. In COD after launching the mission, you don't click on the home base to get a flag. Your map should appear on the left of the screen & there should be red & blue flags up the top of a blank list of players on the right hand side of the screen. Click on those flags & the available bases/planes for that side will then appear on the map. Then you click on the map base/plane you need.

I lament the lack of proper documention of the COD FMB & of other unknown FMB options by the developers & the confusion it has caused many players as evidenced by the many many questions on the 1C foprums about how to do this or that.

O_Smiladon
10-15-2011, 10:10 AM
Yes, I had the same problem mate. The COD game interface is different to the IL2-1946 inteface. In COD after launching the mission, you don't click on the home base to get a flag. Your map should appear on the left of the screen & there should be red & blue flags up the top of a blank list of players on the right hand side of the screen. Click on those flags & the available bases/planes for that side will then appear on the map. Then you click on the map base/plane you need.

I lament the lack of proper documention of the COD FMB & of other unknown FMB options by the developers & the confusion it has caused many players as evidenced by the many many questions on the 1C foprums about how to do this or that.

Yep thats my problum..cant get the flags up.. to pick

O_Smiladon

O_Smiladon
10-16-2011, 03:25 AM
BUMP!!

Any help here ?

O_Smialdon

ATAG_Bliss
10-16-2011, 11:38 PM
It sounds like your not running your mission as a MP mission. How exactly are you testing it? (through the FMB, dedicated server, through the MP server)

The only thing I can say is to run a dedicated server and then connect to it for testing. Amongst other reasons, some things act differently as a listen server compared to a dedi. (miss roads and spawn points to name a few)

O_Smiladon
10-17-2011, 06:49 AM
It sounds like your not running your mission as a MP mission. How exactly are you testing it? (through the FMB, dedicated server, through the MP server)

The only thing I can say is to run a dedicated server and then connect to it for testing. Amongst other reasons, some things act differently as a listen server compared to a dedi. (miss roads and spawn points to name a few)

Hay Bliss.

Cheers mate, I am testing it in the FMB, all the AI planes are there flying around doing their thing.

It's just now way for Human to spawn in??

As for hosting... Long Story.. I am having an Issue with the Beta Hoppy Lobby thing I uninstalled it and it has taken away mu ability to host?
The guys there are trying to fix it for me (hopefully)

But if I could at least get the human Spawn thing happening then I could send it to one of my squad mates.

Cheers
O_Smiladon

SNAFU
10-17-2011, 08:04 AM
If you finally want to play the mission in the multiplayer enviroment, you should test you mission there. The option "Play mission" in the FMB is just for seeing if you AI is doing what it is supposed to do (seldom happens). Spawnareas you set in the FMB do not show up, if you test in the FMB. Go to multiplayer->Server->host-> select you mission and test then.

Best if you create your own dedicated server for testing. Triggers that work for you as a host, will not mandatory work in dedicated server game also.

Ataros
10-17-2011, 09:00 AM
Start your server in MP, allow "Side switching" in difficulty settings and press "Start battle" first to see the flags. If the flags do not show in this case just reload the mission 2nd time.

O_Smiladon
10-18-2011, 09:34 AM
Hmm Done pretty all much that has been sugested..

And still no go:confused::confused:

Would one of you great mission builders mind doing a 5 min how to U tube cilp for us dumb asses..:grin:

thanks

O_Smiladon.

Hay bliss that offer still stand ..I could send you what I have done and you can have alook at it for me.

Regards

O_Smiladon

O_Smiladon
10-19-2011, 10:39 AM
Hi Guys,

Anyone keen to help on this one ?

O_Smiladon

ATAG_Bliss
10-23-2011, 02:38 AM
Sorry Smiladon - I was gone all week doin a little drag racing before winter set in.

If you still need help just attach your mission or send it in a PM.

O_Smiladon
10-23-2011, 04:43 AM
hay guys.

Thanks . I seem to have it sorted now..I have only touch the surface of the FMB , there is a lot to learn.

Thanks guys

O_Smiladon

O_TaipaN
10-23-2011, 05:08 AM
Is there documentation available on all the C# functions available and their parameters, how to use them etc?

O_TaipaN
10-23-2011, 07:29 AM
No documentation just like CEM, it would be no fun if there was no mystery hey ;)

Ataros
10-23-2011, 12:44 PM
Is there documentation available on all the C# functions available and their parameters, how to use them etc?

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=26523

O_TaipaN
10-23-2011, 01:24 PM
Thanks, I think in the long run going C# was a good decision it has some very powerful capabilities.

I just hope there isn't too much chances of people introducing bugs by scripting.