PDA

View Full Version : Possibly my only remaining performance issue??

Gollum
10-13-2011, 11:20 AM
Im sure there are others but the biggest one i have right now is as follows...

When i load the game up and fly a quick mission it runs PERFECT... the fps are smooth as silk and i cant believe how beutiful the game is. Its a joy to play... it even is crystal clear during violent track ir head movements. Its the way the game should run.

After the quick mission i hit escape and either retry or exit and make a new quick mission. When i load the next mission, i get stutters and lower fps where it makes the game much less enjoyable and difficult to fly. I dread turning my head because it stutters or blurs the immage due to lower fps. This just gets worse and worse every time you load another mission till the point it becomes unplayable.

Ive tried this with every type of mission and its always the same. I can only play one mission before having to exit the game and launch it again. This has been happening for a long time now but i havent seen it listed in bug reports lately. Does everyone have the same issue? This seems like a fixable item that has just gone either unnoticed or ignored. Unless you guys either dont have the same issue or have fixed it somehow. This issue, i assume, has been effecting performance both offline and online for everyone and i also assume is the cause of most general fps and stutter performance issues for everyone. I have a badass computer and it jams me up. I cant imagine what it would do to lower end rigs.

Comp.
4.2 gh proc.
2 6970 crossfire
2 raided ssd
8 gig ram
1 terra storage drive

Gollum

Kankkis
10-13-2011, 11:29 AM
Check my post earlier.

I have allways been with this problem.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=26916

I think it's something to do with Crossfire. It works first and after that no working anymore?
All who has confirmed that has crossfire.

katdogfizzow
10-13-2011, 01:32 PM
Did you try to rename that stupid opening ubisoft video in parts/core/gui? I recall that being an issue for some.

Kankkis
10-13-2011, 01:33 PM
Yes deleted it.

Plt Off JRB Meaker
10-13-2011, 02:00 PM
What's the file name for the Ubisoft video at start up guys please?I'd like to delete mine too,thanks:-)

ATAG_Keller
10-13-2011, 02:08 PM
I have noticed a very similar thing too.

Here's how playing online goes for me:

Load game and join server, pick aircraft and hit "Create". Frame-rates instantly plummet to near zero as the cockpit and landscapes load; cockpit detail goes from cartoonish to full detail, plane skins start out white and after a few changes they hit full resolution. Once all graphical details have loaded my fps runs a steady 50-60 fps.

First flight very few stutters, occasionally when a player joins server, and sometimes when looking around; buildings and trees seem to be the instigator on the latter issue. I fly for 20-40 minutes and head back to land, start to get stutters on final approach for landing and begin to notice large 3-6 second freezes. Looking around while on the ground causes more freezing.

Exit plane and create second flight, stutters begin half way through takeoff and continue until sky becomes the majority of my view; sky seems to be the easiest on frame-rates. Stutters now happen periodically while looking around and become an issue when other planes are in the vicinity. Attacking a formation of bombers during my second flight on a server becomes dangerous as these lockups tend to lead to mid-air collisions. Landing flight two usually experiences 5-8 second freezes and most often ends with a rough landing or destroyed aircraft due to course deviation caused by visual freezing.

Exit plane and create third flight, this doesn't end well. Flight three usually ends in "Launcher has stopped responding", black screen or crash to desktop.

Pentium i5 @ 2.6
ATI HD6950
4 Gig Ram

buzzard
10-14-2011, 02:24 PM
I noticed the FPS drop also, with a refly of the same mission or another mission, once i have flown one initially (the first mission flown is fine). It seems more pronounced on a mission with VSYNC off, perhaps this is my imagination and it is occurring with or without VSYNC.

Kankkis
10-14-2011, 02:29 PM
I use vsync.

Flanker35M
10-14-2011, 03:06 PM
S!

The video is called "logo.vmw" and located in ..C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\core\GUI Or the path is the one where you have installed steam..

buzzard
10-14-2011, 06:58 PM
for me, this is independent of the logo business, I got rid of that long ago-