PDA

View Full Version : How to install patch?

SharpZed
10-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Im new to this game. Im not very computer savy when it comes to installing this sort of patch. I'm sure its easy just need to know how. Its a .rar file

Any help would be great.

win7 32
nvidea 280gtx sli
amd 955 3.2ghz
4 gig 800mhz ram

JG53Frankyboy
10-12-2011, 04:18 PM
just wait for the next 'official' patch that will be installed automaticly over STEAM.
avoid these BETA patches is my recommondation.
they are called not without a reason 'BETA' ....

SharpZed
10-12-2011, 04:22 PM
I dont have a steam version. Im not computer stupid, just not sure how to install this patch. At the rate these updates come out, I would like to at least know how to do it.

ATAG_Dutch
10-12-2011, 04:29 PM
I dont have a steam version.

:confused::confused::confused:

Gamekeeper
10-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Download patch and hotfix.

Clear game cache folder [Documents]\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache

Use winrar (http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm) to extract the patch to your install folder which is typically
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\

Test the program runs and the correct version is displayed.

Install hotfix and test again.

Jaws2002
10-12-2011, 04:36 PM
Official patches are installed automatically by Steam. All ClOD versions use steam.

This beta parches are meant for testing. If you want to install them just extract the files in the .rar file into your main game folder, wich is ....\Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover.

When a new official patch is released, Steam will overwrite the beta with the new official version.

Any time you want to get rid of a beta you don't like, just have Steam verify the integrity of your game files.

SharpZed
10-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Thank you works great!