PDA

View Full Version : Dots infront of Vehicles/planes?

Winger
10-12-2011, 07:40 AM
Sorry, but i am too lazy too search: Am i the only one that experiences the Dots of planes/Shitps/vehicles infront of the actual thing? While flying it always looks as if there were 2 instead of once contact.

I really hope the final of this patch will improve performance since it got much worse...
Would love to fly again:)

Winger

David198502
10-12-2011, 07:54 AM
no the dots are still there.....but they are since day one.they just became much more apparent with the former beta patch, because they made them white, trying to resemble reflections...now they are black but still visible through land which is not only ugly but some kind of a cheat.
what irritates most, is the fact that those dots are visible from 100 of miles, but when you actually come close, they suddenly decrease in size and become grey.they become all of a sudden almost invincible.
i have to play with really low resolution because of performance reasons, and i can see objects placed in England when i leave the shoreline of France, but have problems to spot enemies which are maybe 2kilometers away....thats ridiculous.

JG52Krupi
10-12-2011, 08:05 AM
+1 David.

You hit the nail on the head, you really have to concentrate to see them clearly at certain ranges :(

PeterPanPan
10-12-2011, 08:11 AM
... but have problems to spot enemies which are maybe 2kilometers away....thats ridiculous.

I take your points, but it may be some consolation that many real world Spit pilots have written about not seeing entire squadrons of bandits that radar insisted were very close to their position. It's a big sky out there.

PPP

Krt_Bong
10-12-2011, 03:58 PM
It may be a big sky but while I'm sitting on the airfield I can see the dots of ships in the harbor through the ground while I'm sitting on it and through the clouds while I'm flying above it, and this is true of all objects placed on the map by the mission builder. Probably the worse glitch in the game IMO. I know people have their own hopes for this game but this is one that needs to be at the top of the list.

LoBiSoMeM
10-12-2011, 04:42 PM
It may be a big sky but while I'm sitting on the airfield I can see the dots of ships in the harbor through the ground while I'm sitting on it and through the clouds while I'm flying above it, and this is true of all objects placed on the map by the mission builder. Probably the worse glitch in the game IMO. I know people have their own hopes for this game but this is one that needs to be at the top of the list.

+1000

It's really bad. :(

Krt_Bong
10-12-2011, 05:28 PM
no the dots are still there.....but they are since day one.they just became much more apparent with the former beta patch, because they made them white, trying to resemble reflections...now they are black but still visible through land which is not only ugly but some kind of a cheat.
what irritates most, is the fact that those dots are visible from 100 of miles, but when you actually come close, they suddenly decrease in size and become grey.they become all of a sudden almost invincible.
i have to play with really low resolution because of performance reasons, and i can see objects placed in England when i leave the shoreline of France, but have problems to spot enemies which are maybe 2kilometers away....thats ridiculous.

David, I can run the game on the highest settings and if you notice my sig I have a modest system and I run an old 17" CRT at 1280x960 you should, (unless like me your eyes are just going) be able to run the game at medium settings and a decent resolution but then again I don't know anything about Intel CPU's or what you're looking at it on..

David198502
10-13-2011, 04:53 AM
I take your points, but it may be some consolation that many real world Spit pilots have written about not seeing entire squadrons of bandits that radar insisted were very close to their position. It's a big sky out there.

PPP

to spot an enemy in real life may be hard, but in real life objects become better visible the closer they are.in game its the other way around...i dont complain that its hard to spot the enemy...hey i play a WWII combat sim and spotting the enemy is half the fight.it can be challenging but i love the challenge, thats why i prefer full realistic and would never consider to turn object icons on.
but i wasnt talking about that....

@Krt Bong: you really play with the highest settings???your rig really doesnt seem like a high end one,though your gfx card is certainly better than mine.
however i play with the lowest resolution possible, because i can gain more than 10 fps through it.
the other settings are mixed.a few on max,some on med and a few on low, and i have average 50fps.over london with 12 enemies i still have 35 minimum.
i tried to max everything out, just to have a look what the game can offer, and when doing that, i have only around 20fps, with a lot of drops to single digit ones.shadows have the biggest impact on my performance, thats why i still have them disabled.i could play with them and still have 25-35fps over land, but london would become unplayable, and there is a big difference in 25-35 and 50-60fps.with the latter one all the motion just looks way more real, thats why i prefer to play with some settings lowered and some disabeled.well i guess i need a new gfx card

Winger
10-13-2011, 08:29 AM
Thanks for all the replies.
Wether i didnt read all the post well enough or noone gets my actual point with the dot concern.
I know dots thru clouds and hills etc. suck. What sucks even more since the latest beta is that the Dot of planes and ships are actually not WITHIN the 3D model of them but infront of them. So when engaging a contact it always looks as if there were 2 while its actually only one plane/Ship/whatever.
Noone but me realized that since the latest beta?
This and the extremely decreased performance broke the game for me (for the moment). I am back to ROF until this mess gets sorted.

Winger