PDA

View Full Version : how to install BETA, and if possible to revert

el0375
10-11-2011, 07:35 AM
hello, i would like to download the beta, but last time i tried it went all black, furthermore this is a steam game that i have, and with file checking i think ocmplicates things.
what i need to do in order to install it and what i have to do with steam?
i would like to install the beta mainly because there are plenty of servers online
Thanks in advance

GF_Mastiff
10-11-2011, 07:46 AM
hello, i would like to download the beta, but last time i tried it went all black, furthermore this is a steam game that i have, and with file checking i think ocmplicates things.
what i need to do in order to install it and what i have to do with steam?
i would like to install the beta mainly because there are plenty of servers online
Thanks in advance

take CLOD off the steam Cloud, install the beta files and thats it, when you want to revert back reinstall COD from the steam.

Tvrdi
10-11-2011, 07:48 AM
From Luthiers post:
Extract the contents to your
[Program Files]\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\

be sure to install hotfix also....

you dont need to change anything in steam, prior to updating the game (but defrag your cache files from time to time regardless of patches - right click on game in steam - local files - defrag cache game files)

heres the link for patch and hotfix:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=26761

Why would you revert? The official patch is coming...

III/JG53_Don
10-11-2011, 07:52 AM
First download the 2 rar files from luthiers beta 2 Thread. Then unpack the files into your main CoD directory. Overwrite the old files with the new ones. Don't forget to unpack the il2 15866 Corepatch rar File. Otherwise the game crashes evertyime an explosion takes place.

Then delete all files in your CoD cache (Documents/1C Soft Club/ Il2 Cliffs of Dover/ cache) except the shaders folder but delete the CONTENT of the shaders folder as well.

After that you are ready to go. If you want to revert to the Steam version, rightclick on CoD in Steam. Go Properties and let Steam recover the standard files to get the pre-beta version.

edit: oops got to learn to write faster :D

adonys
10-11-2011, 07:53 AM
Come on guys, stop using old outdated methods to mod your game.

Please read this [TECH] How to proper use custom/3rd party mods.. (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23782) thread (which is also in my signature), it's all in there: how to mod your game without destroying anything, and easily switch back to an unmoded game.

el0375
10-11-2011, 08:47 AM
thanks to all of you
i was asking revert in case i mess up things , just that
have a nice day!

Troll2k
10-11-2011, 11:14 AM
I am doing this from memory so it might not be exact.

Right click on Clod in your Steam games library.

Then click on properties.

Under local files, clicking verify game files will revert game back to last official version.

Gamekeeper
10-11-2011, 04:19 PM
thanks to all of you
i was asking revert in case i mess up things , just that
have a nice day!

Restore game to latest official release (http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=111:graphics-issues-experienced-after-automatic-upgrade&catid=66:patching&Itemid=156)