PDA

View Full Version : Sistem sound configuration

E69_vencejo
10-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Hi all, and sorry for my english,
In my case, after install patch, the sim sound is in stereo mode, and i cant change/select from audio options.

Solution is change value in conf.ini archives. There are two, and i´m not sure, then i change the two inis (in steam and in documents).
Look for "speakers" (not Speakers). The inputs are:

auriculares= 0
stereo= 1
cuadrafonico= 2
envolvente= 3
perifonía de 6 canales= 4
cubo de 8 canales= 5
ambisónico= 6

I have 5.1 sistem, then i put speakers=3, and... to flight ;)

skouras
10-10-2011, 06:48 PM
when the complete sound will be ready then
we will have this kind of selection as we had it before in the options
let's wait for the patch and see
sound is still WIP

E69_vencejo
10-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Yes sir. I know and i am with you. But since first beta after last official patch we cant change sistem sound because no option in sound interface.
Why flight in stereo mode if its posible do it better?
This is the idea ;)

CharveL
10-11-2011, 12:27 AM
Forgive me if I'm mistaken but doesn't CoD now use a different sound system that relies on your Windows speaker configuration and not an in-game setup?

NedLynch
10-11-2011, 01:19 AM
Forgive me if I'm mistaken but doesn't CoD now use a different sound system that relies on your Windows speaker configuration and not an in-game setup?

I believe I read that somewhere on this forum as well. I do have 5.1 sound with this game btw.

Trooper117
10-11-2011, 09:03 AM
If you have 5.1 sound as normal, have you checked your conf ini file as the OP stated at the start, and what does your 'speakers=' line come out as.. 0 or 3?
Interested to find out..

E69_vencejo
10-11-2011, 06:14 PM

I believe I read that somewhere on this forum as well. I do have 5.1 sound with this game btw.

I also have read it, but in my case does not change.
The steps I follow are:
I force Steam to check the integrity of files.
Complete, copy the sim folder to another location.
Here I apply the beta.
Check the conf.ini and in my case it defaults to 1. I have a 5.1 sounds set up in windows. I fly and then recheck again *. inis, unchanged.

Thinking about what has been said, it is possible that sim folder out of Steam folder configuration is not possible ...

Phazon
10-12-2011, 09:16 AM

That would've been me. Since Cliffs of Dover uses FMOD now I'm 99% sure it just runs off your Windows speaker config. Hence why there is no speaker config selection in the in-game menu anymore because its obsolete and not needed anymore.

As far as I can tell its been working fine for me. Both on my 5.1 speaker setup and headphones.

NedLynch
10-12-2011, 11:02 PM
If you have 5.1 sound as normal, have you checked your conf ini file as the OP stated at the start, and what does your 'speakers=' line come out as.. 0 or 3?
Interested to find out..

Actually I find two lines titled speakers.
The first is towards the top of the sound section of the conf file and reads "Speakers=1", the other is towards the end of the sound section and reads "speakers=3", and yes, one has a capital S the other a minor s.

I use for my creative soundblaster card a piece of software from creative called Alchemy as well. You have to manually input the game location into Alchemy and it seems then to add files for hardware use into the main game folder. Did this with many games already, however with CoD the only place to point Alchemy to is the Launcher.

I also find a line in the sound section "hardware=1".