PDA

View Full Version : Amazing ground vehicles

PeterPanPan
10-10-2011, 03:52 PM
Just wanted to say how amazing these are. They look great, really great. But it's more than just looks. Wheels turn and steer. Convoys bunch up and spread out. Corners are turned smoothly. Vehicles even do 3 point turns (k turns) if they can't quite get to where you wanted them to first time. Not all roads support this, but in FMB, adding vehicle paths is much better now too as paths snap to the curve of the roads.

Way down the list I know, but moving humans (in vehicles and on foot) would be great too ... one day ;)

PPP

Bungmiester
10-10-2011, 04:21 PM
yep there is a lot of work in the FMB and the amount of objects and detail is outstanding , this really has all the makings of a great sim if they can iron out the bugs.

ATAG_Dutch
10-10-2011, 05:29 PM
Just wanted to say how amazing these are. They look great, really great. But it's more than just looks. Wheels turn and steer. Convoys bunch up and spread out. Corners are turned smoothly. Vehicles even do 3 point turns (k turns) if they can't quite get to where you wanted them to first time. Not all roads support this, but in FMB, adding vehicle paths is much better now too as paths snap to the curve of the roads.

Way down the list I know, but moving humans (in vehicles and on foot) would be great too ... one day ;)

PPP

Couldn't agree more ppp, and I've been wondering for a while if this is connected to the 'big secret', soon to be revealed, I hope!;)

Continu0
10-10-2011, 05:43 PM

PPP

Just Imagine: Flying over Ohama Beach on D-Day. With Infantery fighting... :grin:

Trooper117
10-10-2011, 06:20 PM
lol.. and then I think.. Just imagine your fps with thousands of troops, vehicles, ships, landing craft... etc..

mazex
10-10-2011, 06:38 PM
lol.. and then I think.. Just imagine your fps with thousands of troops, vehicles, ships, landing craft... etc..

When we get CoN you will have an i9 with 64 cores @ 9Ghz each so no problem ;)

Continu0
10-10-2011, 06:42 PM
hm... On my Rig, CoD is using 1 core fully, the other 5 are used at about 20%(for System, Freetrack, etc). And it only uses 4 out of 8 gb ram(because CloD is on 32 bit).

So Ram- and CPU-wise I have twice the ressources CloD is currently using. I think fighting infantery would be possible. Maybe not a D-Day scenario, but smaller battles, why not?

Hope dies at last...;-)

Trooper117
10-10-2011, 07:11 PM
hm... On my Rig, CoD is using 1 core fully, the other 5 are used at about 20%(for System, Freetrack, etc). And it only uses 4 out of 8 gb ram(because CloD is on 32 bit).

So Ram- and CPU-wise I have twice the ressources CloD is currently using. I think fighting infantery would be possible. Maybe not a D-Day scenario, but smaller battles, why not?

Hope dies at last...;-)

I would love to have all our scenarios exactly as it was in WWII.. but realisticaly I think there is always going to be a trade off of some sort to give us anything approaching reality.

Continu0
10-10-2011, 07:38 PM
sure... and as the title of this topic says, the ground vehicles are already great, so if this and that is fixed, we already have a wonderful simulation we can be happy with...:)

PeterPanPan
10-11-2011, 09:56 AM
I wasn't actually envisaging 1000s of troops being animated but instead a little 'on foot' activity on airfields which is where we all start (mostly) and end (occasionally!) our missions.

I'm not even necessarily talking about seeing you run to and climb in to your cockpit (although that would of course be excellent) but in the same way cattle are already modeled (albeit with very odd rigid legs with invisible wheels) it would be great to be able to liven up the airfield environment with human activity. A static aircraft could perhaps come with a check box in FMB for animated ground crew buzzing around in a looped animation. Or how about FMB having humans (selectable in FMB as individuals or groups, much like aircraft) which you could set up paths for just as you do with vehicles i.e. walking from a hangar to the control tower etc.

Anyway, just dreaming ...

PPP

Tvrdi
10-11-2011, 09:58 AM
I would love to have all our scenarios exactly as it was in WWII.. but realisticaly I think there is always going to be a trade off of some sort to give us anything approaching reality.

now we only need rigs which are able to run such details on high settings on populated servers....

Phazon
10-11-2011, 09:59 AM
I haven't played with the ground vehicles at all yet in the FMB. Now I feel like I'm missing out! Thanks. :)

JG26_EZ
10-16-2011, 03:53 AM
S~

You CAN see ground crew in their vehicles if you edit your conf.ini file.
Your conf.ini file should be located C:\Users\"Your User Name"\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

Change this line below
SpawnHumans=0
to
SpawnHumans=1

And enjoy.
EZ

PS.. Couldn't agree more, about the fact that cows are modelled, though I can't add some static dudes standing around puffing a smoke or pointing to something. I can still remember how glad I was, when they added it in the older il2.