PDA

View Full Version : CoD in Bangkok

tools4fools
10-10-2011, 02:02 PM
Had no luck in finding a genuine copy of CoD here in Bangkok so far - and only one who sells a illegal copy so far.

Now I'm not interested in the illegal copy as I want to support the developers team.
Download is no option, net is too slow, just took me 4 attempts until I was able to download my new Avira, and the last successful atempt took about 50min for the 80MB.

So question:
- where can I get a genuine version of CoD here in Bangkok (or maybe KL or Singapore, will go on a trip soon anyway)
or
- would it be possible to buy the illegal CD copy to install the game on the PC, then buy the real thing online and use the licence to register it online?

Thanks for any help!

pupo162
10-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Had no luck in finding a genuine copy of CoD here in Bangkok so far - and only one who sells a illegal copy so far.

Now I'm not interested in the illegal copy as I want to support the developers team.
Download is no option, net is too slow, just took me 4 attempts until I was able to download my new Avira, and the last successful atempt took about 50min for the 80MB.

So question:
- where can I get a genuine version of CoD here in Bangkok (or maybe KL or Singapore, will go on a trip soon anyway)
or
- would it be possible to buy the illegal CD copy to install the game on the PC, then buy the real thing online and use the licence to register it online?

Thanks for any help!

unfortunately for you we have steam.

this means that even your legally bought CD will need to go live on the Internet, and will simply forget the fact you have a cd ( actually you dont even have to put it the pc) and download the full game from the Internet.

so... waht you are trying to avoid will not be possible im afraid.

tools4fools
10-11-2011, 06:49 AM
No other way than downloading the ENTIRE game, even with a original CD?

Wow, that's a bummer. Guess I will never be able to play CoD here then.
Too bad...

Vengeanze
10-11-2011, 07:35 AM
No other way than downloading the ENTIRE game, even with a original CD?

Wow, that's a bummer. Guess I will never be able to play CoD here then.
Too bad...

Couldn't you find a Inet Café with broadband? It can't be that expensive in Bangkok.
Or try the red light district and tell em you're not looking for sex but broadband. They might direct you to a pub with a nude Bangles tribute band. Either way you win. ;-)

tintifaxl
10-11-2011, 11:51 AM
And of course the new patch will be ~600 MByte! So hold out till it is released, before you start your quest for broadband internet access.

Sokol1
10-11-2011, 04:50 PM
And consider that version in DVD is probable the same as released, or "alpha".

Sokol1

tools4fools
10-12-2011, 02:11 PM
At home I get maybe 30kB/s, if lucky 40-50 kB/s.
At my friends pub 80-90 kB/s - net cafes aren't any faster.

But it can be downloaded peice by piece, right? So I could do it at my friends pub over a month or so, along with a few drinks...

But even if I would buy the original DVD in Singapore or so I still would have to download the entire 4.5gig game, right?

Red light district. So boooring. That's for guys with their brains in their dicks or for newbies that want the see sinful Bangkok, hate if if I have to show them the town and they want to see pussy galore in the evening...
++++++

Sokol1
10-12-2011, 03:08 PM
At my friends pub 80-90 kB/s - net cafes aren't any faster.

Well, I live with this:

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/9666/clod.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/266/clod.jpg/)
Now download CloD for the third time...

;)

Sokol1

tools4fools
10-13-2011, 09:13 AM
And how long did it take you?
Why 3rd time to download?

FlyingShark
10-14-2011, 12:27 PM
Red light district. So boooring. That's for guys with their brains in their dicks or for newbies that want the see sinful Bangkok, hate if if I have to show them the town and they want to see pussy galore in the evening...
++++++
Sorry for a bit off topic, I have never been in Thailand but I work in diplomatic institution in Belgium here. I know some Thai people at my job and they are actually very traditional people and very polite who have nothing to do with sinful things like in red light district. Why don't you post something about the rest of Bangkok in the off topic section so we can see the real culture of your wonderful country.

~S~

tools4fools
10-17-2011, 12:46 PM
You certainly can have a look at some of my pics, nothing "sinful" on those either:
http://www.tools4fools.info/photo/Thailand/

If I download the game step by step via my laptop can I then transfer the download to my desktop and install it there and activate it there via internet?

Or does download have to be on the machine that will run the game later on?

FlyingShark
10-17-2011, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the link:).

I think that there can be no problem downloading the sim on a labtop and installing it on another pc. Just activate it via Steam and you should be good to go.

~S~

Sokol1
10-19-2011, 12:19 AM
If I download the game step by step via my laptop can I then transfer the download to my desktop and install it there and activate it there via internet?

When I download from Getgamesgo I get a file that allow me install in another computer.
Is similar a DVD contend.

From Steam I dont know if you are able to salve install files, since the process dont ask, just download and install.

But, you can download in your laptop and install in then, so make a STEAM backup (verify integrity of game cache first) of the game, burn files in DVD (or transfer via LAN) and install in your account in another computer.

Files from Steam backup:

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/9117/steambackup.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/steambackup.jpg/)

Sokol1

Continu0
10-21-2011, 10:44 PM
Are you sure you can´t install it from the DVD? I am almost sure(99%) that when i reinstall my game, it is done from the DVD...

Sokol1
10-22-2011, 02:01 AM
No problem in use DVD to install - but since the contend in this is old, the update take long time, note the best option for OP since your Internet is slow.

Sokol1