PDA

View Full Version : I am the only one who doesn't...

xcleartheskyx
10-10-2011, 01:50 PM
have terrible graphics issues with this game. Out of the 8 or so people that I know that play IL2: CoD I am the only person who doesn't have 2 fps or a purple cockpit. When will this be fixed? When I got this game I loved it so much and I wondered why there were so many haters, but when 7/8 people have terrible FPS and massive graphics problems...something has to be done now.

When will all of my friends be able to play this game? And, maybe when this is fixed the multiplayer will get more popular too.

Its a shame that the majority of people have such huge issues and cant see how awesome this game really is...when it works.

kristorf
10-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Only problem graphically wise I have (or have ever had) is the hard coded weathering on the Spits, everything else can be worked around

Trooper117
10-10-2011, 01:56 PM
I'm just starting to get more out of this game now.. after the hotfix I can actualy play missions and campaigns with little drama, (at the moment), where as before, the game was absolutely unplayable, so at least it has fixed something for me..

Doc_uk
10-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Most pepole who play cliffs of dover dont have graphic issues, Apart from the annoying flickering shadows, of which still havnt been fixed
They have performance issues

klem
10-10-2011, 02:17 PM
have terrible graphics issues with this game. Out of the 8 or so people that I know that play IL2: CoD I am the only person who doesn't have 2 fps or a purple cockpit. When will this be fixed? When I got this game I loved it so much and I wondered why there were so many haters, but when 7/8 people have terrible FPS and massive graphics problems...something has to be done now.

When will all of my friends be able to play this game? And, maybe when this is fixed the multiplayer will get more popular too.

Its a shame that the majority of people have such huge issues and cant see how awesome this game really is...when it works.

System specs?
Settings?

katdogfizzow
10-10-2011, 02:31 PM
No problems here either...however, I think I know what the problems are:

1)
Technically, the actual minimum specs for the game (to be played the way we all to play it) are a 3+Ghz processor, 8GB Ram and 1GB+ video card or card(s)
Not everyone has this.

2)MP is not working up to speed yet, especially if you have less than the minimum specs above or if you want to actually play the channel map with 50 planes etc. in coop

Patience and time will solve the problem. I look at it like a beta still in progress until more PCs are upgraded. I agree, this sim is really awesome and is only getting better with the continued work they are doing

xcleartheskyx
10-10-2011, 02:32 PM
You want the specs of 7 of my friends PC's? (no, not an exaggeration)

They all seem to have the same issues, low FPS, graphics issues in the cockpits (instruments are purple and green etc). Their specs dont really matter when the majority of them have the issues. Its a game problem. I heard that you can fix it by changing the game so it uses direct x 9 instead of 10 but im not sure how to do that

albx
10-10-2011, 02:40 PM

They all seem to have the same issues, low FPS, graphics issues in the cockpits (instruments are purple and green etc). Their specs dont really matter when the majority of them have the issues. Its a game problem. I heard that you can fix it by changing the game so it uses direct x 9 instead of 10 but im not sure how to do that

epilepsy filter, switch it off

xcleartheskyx
10-10-2011, 02:49 PM
epilepsy filter, switch it off

That fixed this issue: http://fotopocket.nl/fpimages/2011/10/10/c59a87dac95e6709103d5fca3a1794ec/Launcher%252011-10-10%2516-42-07-84.jpg

Thank you!

Hopefully the smaller issues like low fps and game crashes will be fixed in the next patch. But at least they can enjoy the awesome graphics now.

(kind of strange that that filter is set to on by default and it causes so many issues :confused: )

Trooper117
10-10-2011, 02:50 PM
I guess its so they can't be blamed if you choose to turn the filter off and then have an epilectic fit...

klem
10-10-2011, 02:53 PM

I meant your system specs. I don't think anyone can comment without those. You could of course compare your friends system specs with your own. I don't mean to be rude but if they are all relatively low you could all have similar problems. Same goes for how they are each setup. I assume you've started with the lowest possible settigs and worked up from there?

The thing is, many people are playing CoD quite happily but as one other post here says, you need a fairly high spec machine before you get anything like the results you get in IL-2 '46. There are even some strange anomalies for virtually identical spec machines that may depend on all their Settings (in-game Video, in-game Audio, in-Windows Graphics Card control panel settings, background processes, Windows version, etc) even similar system spec PCs may be producing different results due to how they are set up in total, especially if they have 'borderline' CoD specs. Actually the one constant is the game itself for a set of identical settings.

EDIT: also knowing your settings will help.

ATAG_Doc
10-10-2011, 04:03 PM
My friend there will always be people that are not happy no matter what but life and Cliffs of Dover goes on.

xcleartheskyx
10-10-2011, 04:28 PM
My friend there will always be people that are not happy no matter what but life and Cliffs of Dover goes on.
Not really sure what the point of saying that is. Wouldn't you be aggravated if you just bought a game and everything was purple and it crashed every 2 min?

My game works just fine. I want to help out other people so they can enjoy the game as much as I do. The color issue was resolved and i'm sure the crashing will be fixed in the next patch. Nobody is trying to rage or rant, I just wanted to get my friends games working properly.:cool:

Vengeanze
10-10-2011, 04:49 PM
I've tried everything to up my frames (RAM disc, added ram to 12gb, latest drivers, reinstall, clear cache, defrag, etc, etc, etc) without success. I even hoped for the ghost patch from steam but no joy.

Only two things that has helped was overclocking the vid card and playing around with the video settings in game.

I cry myself to sleep every day that goes by without an optimization patch. ;-)

ARM505
10-10-2011, 05:43 PM
I'm one of the strange ones it seems, mines worked ok from day one. Sure, it was a bit demanding at first, but from the first patch it was fine, at least in terms of performance. Absolutely buggy, but the performance was ok, decent fps, no stutters that I can remember etc..

GTX 580, Core i7 of some kind, 8GB of something or other, Win7 64, mouse, keyboard, leather office chair, tiled floor etc etc.

Vengeanze
10-10-2011, 06:02 PM
I'm one of the strange ones it seems, mines worked ok from day one. Sure, it was a bit demanding at first, but from the first patch it was fine, at least in terms of performance. Absolutely buggy, but the performance was ok, decent fps, no stutters that I can remember etc..

GTX 580, Core i7 of some kind, 8GB of something or other, Win7 64, mouse, keyboard, leather office chair, tiled floor etc etc.

Must be your chair!

JG14_Jagr
10-10-2011, 08:21 PM
Mine has worked fine from day 1 but I have a better than average system.. I think for this game a good graphics card and a better CPU is the way to go.. the double and triple G Card crowd seem to be having far less return for their investment than those with simpler high performance systems.

LoBiSoMeM
10-10-2011, 08:34 PM
Todays average system is a good quadcore, a good VGA with 1GB of VRAM and 8GB DDR3 RAM, running Windows 7 x64.

You don't need the best CPU, the best brand of RAM or ultimate VGA to run CloD ok, but don't expect so much without the basic config above...

Chivas
10-10-2011, 10:01 PM
I agree that Combat flight sims have always required high end systems to get the best out of them. I did avoid buying two video cards and went with one very high end card with the possiblility of adding another if SLI performance made it worth while. So far it appears that hasn't been the case, although a few people I respect say SLI has given some extra performance.

I also recommend having a seperate SSD drive with only a copy of Windows7 64bit , COD, and its peripherials running on it. Your motherboard will give you the option to boot to two or more Windows copy's. I've never seen a decent combat flight sim yet that ran well with minimul spec machines.

NedLynch
10-11-2011, 01:18 AM
My copy of the game has been running very well since I bought it shortly after the north american release.

Running the latest beta right now with hotfix and everything is just honkey dorey, exept for clouds as fps killers, but even with a lot of clouds I still get a very playable framerate, just not 50-60 average like on a clear day.

ATAG_Doc
10-11-2011, 03:33 AM
Not really sure what the point of saying that is. Wouldn't you be aggravated if you just bought a game and everything was purple and it crashed every 2 min?

My game works just fine. I want to help out other people so they can enjoy the game as much as I do. The color issue was resolved and i'm sure the crashing will be fixed in the next patch. Nobody is trying to rage or rant, I just wanted to get my friends games working properly.:cool:

I understand and sympathize with them. Wish I had the silver bullet to fix it.

Space Communist
10-11-2011, 03:40 AM
I haven't actually counted so this is really just anecdotal, but in general it seems to me that far more people are having problems with AMD cards than with Nvidia, and anyone with multiple GPUs is out of luck. I have a 560 Ti and the game has been fine from the beginning, better with every patch.

jamesdietz
10-11-2011, 05:44 AM
Even with 14-25 FPS I luv it!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d116/jamesdietz/shot_20111010_211319.jpg

5./JG27.Farber
10-11-2011, 03:52 PM
No problems except some connection problems which is related to steam or the mission builder for some servers...

mazex
10-11-2011, 04:29 PM
Todays average system is a good quadcore, a good VGA with 1GB of VRAM and 8GB DDR3 RAM, running Windows 7 x64.

You don't need the best CPU, the best brand of RAM or ultimate VGA to run CloD ok, but don't expect so much without the basic config above...

+1

The problem is that people are so used to the "dumbed" down world where the system performance of the PS3 and Xbox 360 sets the graphic standard for most PC games. Even a three year old gaming rig can run those games at 100+ fps... This game sure needs optimization - but it needs a gaming PC from 2010 and forward to run OK. What needs a major optimization is really the recommended specs on the box ;)

TonyD
10-11-2011, 06:17 PM
... What needs a major optimization is really the recommended specs on the box ;)

Agreed, but that was almost definitely decided by the marketing department. If they were to correct it, it would cost sales. I’ve never had a problem running CloD since one of the early patches after the European release, on my previous system with my current cpu, 4GB DDR2 memory and a 1GB Radeon 5850. My current system allows higher detail settings than the previous one, and it runs very well.

The strange colours referred to earlier must be a result of trying to run it in XP (DX9) which does not work correctly. If not, I would suggest updating the mainboard BIOS and all drivers to the latest versions, as well as ensuring DirectX is up to date.

Avala
10-12-2011, 12:36 AM

In short: Yes. Don't be fooled with so many "no, its nice". People are very quick when they need to get accustomed to something which is bad, especially when they gave money for that (the "ego" thing and all that).

This game has been best described when someone said that you need computer from the year of 2015 to play game which has graphics from 2006/7 (yes, it's already outdated, anyone who played some other modern pc game can tell you that)

Sad, but simple as that.

louisv
10-12-2011, 03:14 AM
In short: Yes. Don't be fooled with so many "no, its nice". People are very quick when they need to get accustomed to something which is bad, especially when they gave money for that (the "ego" thing and all that).

So in short you know what others think, but they themselves don't ?

Timberwolf
10-12-2011, 06:22 AM

as you will see from my spec
I run my settings on very high without shutter or lag Only whine i have is control issues i still can't seem to get my plane flying level or without over steer

Ataros
10-12-2011, 06:26 AM
The only bug I have is landscape stripes.

To me the most funny thing is that luthier mentioned that many people who sent him performance complaints and crash dumps have antiepilepsy ON in conf.ini.

Should I even care that someone is complaining on the forums about performance or glitches after this or try to help them? LOL I think some people just deserve to have performance and graphic glitches :)

If your friends are not of this type ask them to go through a simple equipment pre-flight check list as pilots do. http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=254014&postcount=13

klem
10-12-2011, 06:52 PM
as you will see from my spec
I run my settings on very high without shutter or lag Only whine i have is control issues i still can't seem to get my plane flying level or without over steer

Very happy for you Timberwolf.

One clue to your decent performance might be the relatively low resolution (no offence intended).

I still wonder if some people expect too much from their old PCs. Having said that, my old PC is "minimum spec" to a 'T' except the two 7800GT graphics cards. It wouldn't work in XP and DX9 - Render=D3D9_0 - (XP doesn't support DX10?) so out of curiosity I upgraded it to Windows7. It still won't run, probably because the 7800s don't support DX10 either. I set conf.ini to DX9 but no go.

I'm left wondering if it has to be DX10 or better (on DX10 equipment of course)

Timberwolf
10-13-2011, 06:53 AM
Very happy for you Timberwolf.

One clue to your decent performance might be the relatively low resolution (no offence intended).

I still wonder if some people expect too much from their old PCs. Having said that, my old PC is "minimum spec" to a 'T' except the two 7800GT graphics cards. It wouldn't work in XP and DX9 - Render=D3D9_0 - (XP doesn't support DX10?) so out of curiosity I upgraded it to Windows7. It still won't run, probably because the 7800s don't support DX10 either. I set conf.ini to DX9 but no go.

I'm left wondering if it has to be DX10 or better (on DX10 equipment of course)

The Nivida 7800GT came out in August 11, 2005. Were coming up on 2012 I don't think a 7 year old video card would be usefull with any high end game ..computer issues, programming issues, window 7, etc. even with 2 of them. No offence. I don't think 1C even programmed them to work on Cliffs.
As for me i haven't tried to up my res due to the fact it looks great as it is and i want to address the flight control programming before i "tweak" my rez or add in my 5.1 sound or facetracker, Vent, Fraps for recording P.s. I had a 9800GT i ended up giving away to a friend that wanted to watch youtube without having lag issues to load the videos

archer11
10-13-2011, 02:14 PM
To answer xcleartheskyx's initial question: Nope, you're not the only one. I'm also one of the lucky and happy folks, with my new rig now. :cool:

322Sqn_Dusty
10-13-2011, 02:40 PM
How many of you own a vidcard with more than 1GB?

tintifaxl
10-13-2011, 02:50 PM

I do. Albeit only slightly more than a gig.

Flanker35M
10-13-2011, 02:55 PM
S!

I am pushing my luck but for some unknown reason my game began to run smoothly at solid 60fps a couple of days ago. I am not sure what I did, but I think it was that I adjusted settings to my liking and then shut off the game and cleared cache. Even online I had 60fps and the sound did not die out even I had trees on(on LOW). But I bet after saying this out loud the game will resort to a crawl again :D

klem
10-13-2011, 07:15 PM

Me on my new rig (570GTX 1.38Gb). Runs beautifully.

My attempts to get my old rig working are just an attempt to find the level CoD will run on. I don't think a card with 256Mb RAM should prevent it starting up but it would be very poor at running the game graphics.

SKUD
10-14-2011, 06:06 AM
3.2 gig still too slow for 5760 x 1080

322Sqn_Dusty
10-14-2011, 09:53 AM
The reason of asking is because i noticed that systems with a graka with more than 1 Gb of Ram run much smoother for start. The best way of getting the game running better would thus be to drop crossfire and Sli an buy a new dx11 card with 2Gb (ok ok..1,3 Gb+ ) a Nvidia..... :confused: :(