PDA

View Full Version : Shake with engine on

150GCT_Veltro
10-10-2011, 11:08 AM
Also with an improved prop, i would like have a sort of shake when engine is starting (we already have it in game for engine failure). The are not differences at all when engine is on or off, if not the sound.

It would increase the immersion i think and the feeling to have an engine.

KDN
10-10-2011, 11:29 AM
Very good point. I agree too.

Jotaele
10-10-2011, 11:52 AM
I agree too.
But I think that vibration visual effects should be reworked.Ie, There is necesary low revolutions vibrations.
In accusim for FSX , you can see the instrument panel vibrating, no the entire view, this is a nice touch and more realistic , and it would be really good for engine damaged , instead the current head movement that is really tired.

go to 3:33

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejsc1BwKDn4

I think cameras vibration in Clod has too much turning instead of translation in xyz axis .

pupo162
10-10-2011, 11:55 AM
Rather O/T

but doesnt anyone agrree that the shake with engine damage is a bit exagerated, The g940 literally makes my table move and makes my hand go numb.

Herrerillo
10-10-2011, 12:06 PM
pupo162 Rather O/T

but doesnt anyone agrree that the shake with engine damage is a bit exagerated, The g940 literally makes my table move and makes my hand go numb.

I agree.

ATAG_Dutch
10-10-2011, 12:08 PM
Rather O/T

:grin: I know exactly what you mean pupo. If you take your hand away from the grip sensor ( the 'dead man's hand' thingy), it stops.

Or you can turn down the effects in the logitech profiler.;)

pupo162
10-10-2011, 12:08 PM
I agree too.
But I think that vibration visual effects should be reworked.Ie, There is necesary low revolutions vibrations.
In accusim for FSX , you can see the instrument panel vibrating, no the entire view, this is a nice touch and more realistic , and it would be really good for engine damaged , instead the current head movement that is really tired.

go to 3:33

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejsc1BwKDn4

I think cameras vibration in Clod has too much turning instead of translation in xyz axis .

you are right.

+1

Jotaele
10-10-2011, 12:36 PM
i agree !! the problem is that the ffb effects are linked to diferent triggers o events. that means that softing the engine shakes perhaps soften guns or winds effects, im not sure now how those are linked but that is how it works.

really bother me more visual shocks and modeling of shock effects, that are one of the most important inmersion factor to me. I hope at least that SDK has some toold so we can tune them, or we get some goods mods regarding views movements.

I have seen lots of players playing all realistics settings on , but the view shake, this is the first simulator in wich i have seen that. I do not want to turn them off , i love camera shakes in all the games, but i hate some bahviors in Clod like the ground compensation, specially if im doing rolls. There are a exagerated lag in the head of the pilot and the view try stay parallel to the ground until 45ยบ, then it will follow the plane angle. Those effects can be turned off without get rig of the camera-shakes and G-shakes in WoP or in dcs 10.

If the sound has been reworked from 0 i think that view system should deserve some cares too. At least give us more options.

Rather O/T

150GCT_Veltro
10-10-2011, 12:39 PM
Yes, the shake for the engine failure is too strong. However you can edit it via files .FF. I've renamed the shake.FF in shake.FFx.

It should be located in Parts ---> Core ----> FF folder.