PDA

View Full Version : Propwash

Friedric
10-10-2011, 07:45 AM
Was this not mention that it also be in the sim ?
I am pretty is is not in it
Maybe if the Core is fixed for Clod it would be nice to have it if it could be done of course
Wat you guys think ?

zwiebacksaege
10-10-2011, 08:15 AM
at the moment there are possibly one or two (maybe 20) issues that need to be fixed more urgently but after that it should be included as the sim claims to be very detailled. And this is not only some funny gimmick but a real issue when aiming to the enemy at the close six... isn't it?

Friedric
10-10-2011, 09:34 AM
at the moment there are possibly one or two (maybe 20) issues that need to be fixed more urgently but after that it should be included as the sim claims to be very detailled. And this is not only some funny gimmick but a real issue when aiming to the enemy at the close six... isn't it?

Yes it was a real isseu , getting to close was dangerous esp bombers Thats why you see planes close begint it shaking ! now we can line up as close to ramming planes :( .

ZaltysZ
10-10-2011, 10:34 AM
Yes it was a real isseu , getting to close was dangerous esp bombers

You are probably speaking about wake turbulence. Not only propwash is important for it, but wingtip vortices too.

ATAG_Snapper
10-10-2011, 03:36 PM
You are probably speaking about wake turbulence. Not only propwash is important for it, but wingtip vortices too.

Yep. This was discussed quite awhile ago and is buried somewhere in earlier threads. IIRC there was wake turbulence modelled in the original release of CoD but was removed with the first retail patch. Your fighter would really get rocked and bounced directly behind a large bomber --throwing off your aim--and even required consideration when flying close formation. Likewise, the Spits and Hurries had the correct mechanical tachometers modelled (with the bouncing needles) and were subsequently changed to the smoother current electrical tachs. :-x

If this was done for expediency or due to complaints I have no idea.

JG27CaptStubing
10-10-2011, 04:00 PM
Wonderful piece of realism however at this point the Devs have bigger problems like having a game that performs and isn't full of bugs. I think they should focus on getting what was promised to market first before developing more detail on a broken game.