PDA

View Full Version : AI in 15866...

mazex
10-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Is it only me or does the AI behave a lot less silly than before when flying in formation?

Before if you yanked the stick left they all a few milliseconds later did the same action you did so they looked like some shadows... Push it an inch forward and they simultaneously did the same thing.

Now with the new patch that instant mirroring is gone. Bank hard and they will seem "surprised" and follow your turn after a while, and not all in the same way...

Anyone else noticed this?

skouras
10-09-2011, 07:34 PM
i notice this too
the crazy F16 roll is almost not exist now
However the AI still want some work ASAP

machoo
10-10-2011, 12:24 AM
The Ai is still too tricky. Alot of the time i'm watching a 109 for example spiraling out of control in a dive and I think 'yeah he's done' and then with 100ft before impact he'll pull out and do an inverted climb. What a load of crock! :)

5./JG27.Farber
10-10-2011, 09:35 PM
Its the flopping around like a fish bit that gets to me... Rolling left and right like its possessed. Not much of a problem if you fly online though!

CharveL
10-11-2011, 12:29 AM
Or those crazy jink & weave, barrel-rolling bomber pilots. ;)

Trooper117
10-11-2011, 08:59 AM
Just been on the tail of a Bf110.. I think the pilot was used to flying 109's, he was flinging that crate around the sky, waggling his wings and generaly acting like he was flying a light weight fighter.

David198502
10-11-2011, 10:40 AM
well if the AI has really improved with this beta beta patch, then i wonder why luthier hasnt mentioned it with a single word.

Zappatime
10-11-2011, 04:20 PM
Its the flopping around like a fish bit that gets to me... Rolling left and right like its possessed. Not much of a problem if you fly online though!

I'll second that!

Zappatime
10-11-2011, 04:24 PM
Or those crazy jink & weave, barrel-rolling bomber pilots. ;)

I'll second that too, seeing a FW200 flip wing tips at a speed that would put a Red Bull air racer to shame is a real immersion killer. What happened to the moment of inertia, did they get the decimal point in the wrong place or what!?

smink1701
10-11-2011, 04:28 PM
You get on someone's tail and the pilot turns into a squirrel. As it stands now this game is great to fly around, look at scenery and enjoy the fly-by sounds. To the credit of the dev team, it looks and sounds REALLY good. But, combat is not simulated very well and that's what it's supposed to do.

mazex
10-11-2011, 07:01 PM
You get on someone's tail and the pilot turns into a squirrel. As it stands now this game is great to fly around, look at scenery and enjoy the fly-by sounds. To the credit of the dev team, it looks and sounds REALLY good. But, combat is not simulated very well and that's what it's supposed to do.

But still, back to the original question - doesn't the friendly AI feel better now? And that must be good?

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

Space Communist
10-12-2011, 03:39 AM
I haven't done much testing but in the one mission I tried I was fighting some 109s and I didn't see any of the crazy rolling behaviour that was prevalent before. Everyone else seems to still have it though so maybe I had an isolated incident.