PDA

View Full Version : jaggies

ACE-OF-ACES
10-08-2011, 06:03 PM
Anyone?

Up to now I have just been dealing with it.. But what with the latest patch, everything else is so good (sound and visuals) that I thought I would ask if anyone has figured out a way to improve on the outline look (jaggie) of the planes at a distance

Up close, as expected, the outline looks pretty good.. but does not take much distance for the planes outline (next LOD) to get very jaggie looking

This use to be a problem in IL-2 also, but there was an conf.ini fix for it, if I remember correctly.

With other games you can tweak the NVIDIA settings.. but what with the STEAM interface that is not so easy.. In that NVIDIA does not seem to know CoD is even installed. I 'think' the problem stems from the exe called 'Launcher.exe'

Turns out I have a few games that have an exe called Launcher (Lock-On, BlackShark, A10), but only one Launcher.exe shows up in NVIDIA, so not even sure which Launcher.exe NVIDIA is finding.

Anyway, if anyone knows a work around for the jaggies please share!

Thanks in advance

JG52Krupi
10-08-2011, 06:11 PM
The patch after next will hopefully have the new AA software that Luthier mentioned over on the Sukhoi forum.

ACE-OF-ACES
10-08-2011, 08:00 PM
The patch after next will hopefully have the new AA software that Luthier mentioned over on the Sukhoi forum.
Ok thanks for the feedback..

Just so you know, had the same issue with the last big RoF patch.. real jaggie till I found a work around in one of the forums.. Now the detail at far distances is so smooth.. I look forward to the patch that make CoD that way too! I was just hoppin someone found a work around here, but, I can wait a little longer

fruitbat
10-08-2011, 09:59 PM
i use this, its not much but its something, lol,

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=25281

ACE-OF-ACES
10-09-2011, 02:06 AM
thanks fruitbat!

I actully played with that a little on IL-2.. Never really got it to work all that great.. Haven't tried it with CoD yet.. Ill give it a go if the next patch does not address the jaggies

LoBiSoMeM
10-09-2011, 02:17 AM
FXAA works really nice in CloD. I don't have much trouble with distant planes. Without AA or with native CloD AA, these planes are hard to identify.

ACE-OF-ACES
10-09-2011, 02:37 AM
these planes are hard to identify.
Not having any issues with ID of planes.. it is basically the graphics of the planes are very jaggie.. Had the same problem with RoF with thier big patch that increased the distance planes could be viewed at.. very jaggie till the work around was applied.. Now RoF has some of the most detailed planes at distance.. A real work of art! I hope CoD can be that good some day soon

LoBiSoMeM
10-09-2011, 02:45 AM
Not having any issues with ID of planes.. it is basically the graphics of the planes are very jaggie.. Had the same problem with RoF with thier big patch that increased the distance planes could be viewed at.. very jaggie till the work around was applied.. Now RoF has some of the most detailed planes at distance.. A real work of art! I hope CoD can be that good some day soon

Distant planes LOD in CloD is good, the problem is that CloD AA don't work well in distance. In games/sims when it's needed to spot and indentify precisely distant objects, AA isn't just "eyecandy", it's really necessary.

speculum jockey
10-09-2011, 03:54 AM

Good to hear, but another question just formed in my head. . . .

Has Luthier said anything about DX11 since spring? I remember him saying it was a big priority, but have not heard a peep about it since. I was under the impression that DX11 typically adds a few more FPS over DX10 due to streamlining of that version with most games.

skouras
10-09-2011, 07:27 AM
i believe they wan't to optimised the game before they implemented any AA