PDA

View Full Version : Anyone figure out the secret addition?

droz
10-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Has anyone found out what that new addition to the game that Luthier has eluded to is? I still haven't seen anything about it.

Tavingon
10-08-2011, 02:24 PM
Im guessing the ability to climb into the aircraft before mission, or maybe swim or fire flares when you land :)

Avala
10-08-2011, 02:26 PM
I know!

Could it be that the game will actually work in normal way, like all other games?

:P

Voidhunger
10-08-2011, 02:36 PM
I know!

Could it be that the game will actually work in normal way, like all other games?

:P

:)

skouras
10-08-2011, 02:49 PM
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/5496/31293017473747926841710.jpg
By skouras555 (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/skouras555) at 2011-10-08

1 week before beta2

Chivas
10-08-2011, 03:09 PM
One of the only major features other combat flight sims don't have are animated ground crews. That would definitely make the RRR features, airfields much more lively and immersive.

warbirds
10-08-2011, 03:18 PM
Animated Spitfire girl

jamesdietz
10-08-2011, 03:20 PM
Using the Heinkle He-115 & the Supermarine Walrus to rescue downed pilots? After they've become flyable,of course...This would give us a few variations on combat missions & maybe beautiful nurses too ?

JG52Uther
10-08-2011, 03:20 PM
Maybe it was the insta-freeze every time there was an explosion? No other flight sim has that, but it obviously didn't go down as well as they hoped in the community so they deleted it with the hotfix... ;)

furbs
10-08-2011, 03:33 PM
The 2D clouds of 2 patches ago? The community manager?

Doc_uk
10-08-2011, 03:40 PM
1.Full dynamic weather
2.Dynamic Campaign
3.Flighable wellington bomber
:)

Sven
10-08-2011, 03:51 PM
Interactive briefing done in 1st person view for assigned targets ( dependent of airfield and planetype ) ?

Awesome for ( online ) campaigns, missions and even casual online gameplay!

kakkola
10-08-2011, 04:43 PM
What next?
An ATM machine at the airfield that gives you money cuz i`m broke!!!!

chellelouj24
10-08-2011, 05:38 PM
I didn't notice the improvements at once. I knew it!! I just found out just as I read this post... Argh.. I hate myself for not spotting the additional features... Thanks a lot for sharing.

salmo
10-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Whatever it is, I don't think it's seen the light of day yet :(

skouras
10-08-2011, 05:49 PM
my bet

a full series of animations of pilots
Luthier states that hired already a guy to work only for this subject

Hellbender
10-08-2011, 06:12 PM
I ve seen in one of the configs that there a rows for config the control of AA Arty and groudn vehicles. Perhaps we get these features ;) .

Tavingon
10-08-2011, 06:17 PM
I hope so this would be awesome, to see the crew bale out would be as cool as ice

Tvrdi
10-08-2011, 06:19 PM
I think the new feature is anti-aliasing!

Luffe
10-08-2011, 06:42 PM
I hope it's Stuka Girl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRzkgExmsR4

Troll2k
10-08-2011, 10:02 PM
Since it is a secret everything heard is just water cooler gossip.

bongodriver
10-08-2011, 10:13 PM
I think it might be an anti-speculation filter

utu
10-08-2011, 10:50 PM
maybe the Dx11 implementation with all the graphic stuffs without bugs and better performance. :)

335th_GRAthos
10-09-2011, 06:57 AM
maybe the Dx11 implementation with all the graphic stuffs without bugs and better performance. :)

We said secret, you heard science fiction :D

~S~

Jaws2002
10-09-2011, 02:16 PM
I hope dynamic weather with new gorgeous clouds.:-P With the lighting engine this game has, some new well made clouds would make a huge difference.

raaaid
10-09-2011, 02:22 PM
i think its johny lee virtual reality i usually get what i want, i dont know if its the nagging or my influencing reality :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw&feature=player_embedded

next natural step after 6dof

SYN_Repent
10-09-2011, 05:18 PM
didnt he say the new feature will have the competitors squirming?? none of the above would make me squirm if i was a competitor.

No1 Cheese
10-09-2011, 05:29 PM
a westland whirlwind now wouldnt that be something :)

Cheese

Gourmand
10-09-2011, 06:49 PM
the su-26?
the ability to use AAA ?
the animated ejection?

or
the lights in the wings?
the bail out when we sink or landed?
the noseart feature?
the kill picture in the plane?

or Oleg returns ;)
:twisted:

a lot of thing made me squirming, but i'm not a competitor... just a customer

JG52Uther
10-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Flyable Do17, none of the competitors have that .
(please God let that be true, I could spend my CoD life flying the Kenley raid)

Trooper117
10-09-2011, 06:55 PM
didnt he say the new feature will have the competitors squirming?? none of the above would make me squirm if i was a competitor.

Yep.. I reckon something spectacular has to be pulled out of the bag after that remark!
Here's hoping.. :mrgreen:

JG52Uther
10-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Yep.. I reckon something spectacular has to be pulled out of the bag after that remark!
Here's hoping.. :mrgreen:

I wouldn't bet on it, I still remember the infamous 'you will drown in videos' quote! ;)

UberDemon
10-09-2011, 07:43 PM
Well... who is really the competition? FSX or X-Plane are not Combat Flight Sims... the only thing that comes close is the previous IL-2 '46... CFS3... well, it is older than 1946... Jane's and all the pre-IL-2 sims (Luftwaffe Commander, B-17-II, etc...) are nowhere in the same league, and they haven't been for a while. All the Warbirds and derivatives are great for Massive multi-player, but are nowhere in complexity as far as FM/AI...

So I'd say, anything beyond the current features... is better than the competition... :D

skouras
10-09-2011, 07:44 PM
which competitors of WWII:confused:
I don't think that is any that can catch them..

JG52Uther
10-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Personally I think Luthier see's RoF as a competitor.He and Jason are big friends apparently, and probably have some friendly rivalry going on.
Its good news for us.

tk471138
10-10-2011, 02:52 AM
aces high is pretty good, especially if multiplayer is your thing, not to mention the software is pretty accessible...i know it was aces high with their commercials (i dont see cliffs of dover commercials or other commercials that advertise aviation sims) that air on aviation shows, that first really got me into the genre...other than that you have world of planes, and i think the other one from the devs of the world of tanks...but yea i dont see them having many competitors....

UberDemon
10-10-2011, 04:50 AM
Personally I think Luthier see's RoF as a competitor.He and Jason are big friends apparently, and probably have some friendly rivalry going on.
Its good news for us.

Good point. I actually never played it. I'll download the demo some time (3.8 GB... wow). It looks impressive.

adonys
10-10-2011, 07:27 AM
aces high is pretty good, especially if multiplayer is your thing, not to mention the software is pretty accessible...i know it was aces high with their commercials (i dont see cliffs of dover commercials or other commercials that advertise aviation sims) that air on aviation shows, that first really got me into the genre...other than that you have world of planes, and i think the other one from the devs of the world of tanks...but yea i dont see them having many competitors....

There's also the Battlefied Europe MMO, and also there are two World of (War)Planes games, the one made by the makers of World of Tanks, and he other by Gaijin.

But I think at this moment, RoF is the closest of a direct competitor for IL2CoD. Beside the old IL2 1946 itself :)

6BL Bird-Dog
10-10-2011, 07:32 AM
I think it was the 3D Capability........

JG5_emil
10-10-2011, 08:25 AM
I think it was the 3D Capability........

He said it wasn't that.

I still think human controlled radar

Tree_UK
10-10-2011, 08:27 AM
Either,

DX11
Community Manager
FSAA
SLI/Crossfire fixed
Dynamic Weather
Photorealistic Landscape
Cooperative Play
etc

It could be any of these that were initially promised, Im hoping for FSAA for starters.

Phazon
10-10-2011, 08:33 AM
I still reckon its the weather model. One that's both dynamically generated and changes on its own. A few games have dynamically generated weather but it doesn't change.

The vision for IL-2 clearly wants to go towards some sort of persistent online campaign. The capability is there in the engine to do it. Having a weather model that continually changes without having to load a different mission would greatly help towards that.

addman
10-10-2011, 08:51 AM
It's gonna be something online related, that I am certain of. I would've liked it to be some kind of campaign generator but I don't think so.

SYN_Repent
10-10-2011, 09:08 AM
weve had all these things before in other sims, none of them are special, is FSAA special? its a basic essential surely, any flight sim is the competitor, no matter the era, ww2 is my thing but as the current ww1 flight sim is better imo im playing that, if there was a korean air war sim and it was better than the others, i would play that.

so for the competitors to squirm, it has to be extraordinary, lights in wings?!.....come on.....surely your hopes are higher than that, a flyable do17??, thats not gonna have anyone quaking in there boots is it??

im not even gonna guess, but i do hope its something special, perhaps luthier regrets saying it now, because its been built up a lot, and you know what happens when expectations get high, usually a big let down, so yer.....thinking about it, maybe it will be that outstanding feature of lights in wings..........

Feathered_IV
10-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Animated Spitfire girl

Yes, she could crank our gear up.

322Sqn_Dusty
10-10-2011, 01:24 PM
Barbarossa.

1.JaVA_Sharp
10-10-2011, 04:42 PM
Barbarossa.

doubt it. There was an announcement that they were working on somekind of Russian expansion a while back.

Chivas
10-10-2011, 05:08 PM
Most features mentioned were never a secret just planned features like moving weather that are still to be implemented. The only feature really not talked about, or that other combat flight sim don't have are animated groundcrews, pilots, etc. This is one feature that will really bring life to the sim.

322Sqn_Dusty
10-10-2011, 05:35 PM
@ Sharp..it was a longshot. There's a lot that couldbe or would be. Animated grounds would be a nice implementation. But I'm still working to get CoD running smooth on my system. I'm glad they're still working to improve the game, still little joy flying.

Flanker35M
10-10-2011, 05:42 PM
S!

To make any competition squirm would be a smoothly running game supporting large formations of planes without slowing down to a crawl like now. Because on those moments you get CoD to run smooth it really blows any competition out of the water with the feel and graphics.

skouras
10-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Most features mentioned were never a secret just planned features like moving weather that are still to be implemented. The only feature really not talked about, or that other combat flight sim don't have are animated groundcrews, pilots, etc. This is one feature that will really bring life to the sim.

ok we are two of us
who is with us
next please:grin:

Tavingon
10-10-2011, 07:35 PM
Flyable Do17, none of the competitors have that .
(please God let that be true, I could spend my CoD life flying the Kenley raid)

I want it

http://www.hyperscale.com/2007/reviews/kits/images/ca4115_1.jpg

1.JaVA_Sharp
10-10-2011, 08:36 PM
@ Sharp..it was a longshot. There's a lot that couldbe or would be. Animated grounds would be a nice implementation. But I'm still working to get CoD running smooth on my system. I'm glad they're still working to improve the game, still little joy flying.

as if you're the only one. Right now I've managed to trim my own errors down to a launcher.exe hanging up......

322Sqn_Dusty
10-10-2011, 09:29 PM
..wh..wha...wha what?? I'm not the only one?.... Btw I'm not using the launcher that's on the desktop made via steam. Took it from the folder directly.

I'll wait and see what they're up to for release.

Tree_UK
10-10-2011, 09:31 PM
weve had all these things before in other sims, none of them are special, is FSAA special? its a basic essential surely, any flight sim is the competitor, no matter the era, ww2 is my thing but as the current ww1 flight sim is better imo im playing that, if there was a korean air war sim and it was better than the others, i would play that.

so for the competitors to squirm, it has to be extraordinary, lights in wings?!.....come on.....surely your hopes are higher than that, a flyable do17??, thats not gonna have anyone quaking in there boots is it??

im not even gonna guess, but i do hope its something special, perhaps luthier regrets saying it now, because its been built up a lot, and you know what happens when expectations get high, usually a big let down, so yer.....thinking about it, maybe it will be that outstanding feature of lights in wings..........

Well I kind of agree with you, but not to have FSAA in a game released in 2011 would make it real special when they do manage to get their collective heads around basic coding. You also have to take into consideration that what Luthier thinks is special might not be the case for us, for example Luthier was excited about the AI pre release, he thought it was fantastic how he could sneak up on a formation of Italian fighters and shoot them all down with no reaction from any of them, this was a special moment for Luthier, to us it was just appalling AI.

Feathered_IV
10-10-2011, 09:42 PM
for example Luthier was excited about the AI pre release, he thought it was fantastic how he could sneak up on a formation of Italian fighters and shoot them all down with no reaction from any of them, this was a specia momentl for Luthier, to us it was just appalling AI.

I remember that and the, trust me you guys will LOVE IT, about the half arsed campaign. I'm fully expecting to be underwhelmed by the next supposedly big thing too.

Tavingon
10-11-2011, 04:20 PM
The ability to move free form around the plane.. eg a heinkel gunner getting up and walking to the other side guns, or to open hatches and leap out

335th_GRAthos
10-11-2011, 06:49 PM
You know gys, alright you are funny!

But I thought this was a no smoking forum.... ;)

~S~

snwkill
10-11-2011, 07:22 PM
You also have to take into consideration that what Luthier thinks is special might not be the case for us, for example Luthier was excited about the AI pre release, he thought it was fantastic how he could sneak up on a formation of Italian fighters and shoot them all down with no reaction from any of them, this was a special moment for Luthier, to us it was just appalling AI.

I have a feeling it already happened... I think it was supposed to be the 3-D, but the reaction from the forum was less than enthused so he just kind of let it go.

322Sqn_Dusty
10-11-2011, 09:38 PM
I have a feeling it already happened... I think it was supposed to be the 3-D, but the reaction from the forum was less than enthused so he just kind of let it go.

Ug, I sure hope not that's the real deal. As others, my system can't cope with CoD as it is, let alone 3-D modes (I already have 3D mode...oh wait..no that's stutter).

Tavingon
10-11-2011, 09:42 PM
3d's cool for the future but right now lets thatch the roof while its raining and not worry about the garden!:rolleyes: