PDA

View Full Version : So.. what next?

Tavingon
10-08-2011, 02:18 PM
What will happen with the new patch apart from fine tuning of graphics and mechanics?

skouras
10-08-2011, 02:33 PM
what do you expect to see..
it is almost 1 year from the day that they release the game
and the only thing that i saw was new colours new sounds[he is a hero]
and we were lucky to see the E4
personally
i believe that will see new progress of the sounds
and the colours more optimized
and after 5-6 months we will get new patch hopefully with a proper optimization and AA
Radios
etc....

JG52Krupi
10-08-2011, 02:53 PM
what do you expect to see..
it is almost 1 year from the day that they release the game

Since when did 7 months equal a year?

skouras
10-08-2011, 02:56 PM
sorry Krupi
my mistake

jamesdietz
10-08-2011, 03:27 PM
I'm guessing - all the present planes that are now AI made flyable + a few ones from the BoB ( esp British Royal Navy planes & ships,) that have been left out...better FPS rates for us all...I hope Radios that work...Bomb loding that works ( mine doesn't seem to...)
I've already read somewhere that the Eastern Front was being seriously considered , but this was before the lack-luster release 7 months ago...
Don't get me wrong- I love the game & I know it took Rise of Flight nearly two years to really get rolling-so really just hope Uisoft will stay commited to this sim!

csThor
10-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Nothing so "etheric" ( ;) ) as new planes. Simply put right now CloD needs (apart from bugfixing and not necessarily in that order):

1.) A few warships - destroyers, E-Boats, submarines etc
2.) More variety among the civil ships.
3.) Static "area" targets that can be actually targeted.
4.) Working radio commands
5.) working Radar
6.) AI that actually has intelligence ;)

Oh and for the finishing touch it needs a dynamic campaign á la Red Baron II.

JG52Krupi
10-08-2011, 03:42 PM
5.) working Radar

Is this not working?

csThor
10-08-2011, 03:46 PM
As in ...

1.) Useful for offline players as well.
2.) Working in conjunction with the Ground Control AI.
3.) Working with the historical margins of error (read something about 300%?).
4.) Radar stations - just like all static targets - must be damagable ... right now the engine is not capable of assessing damage done to non-actors. ;)

addman
10-08-2011, 04:36 PM
2012: Fully functional AA
2013: Different types of weather (that won't bring even NASA's computers to their knees)
2014: Fully functional comms
2083: Good A.I
2525: "In the year 2525 if man is....ooops!" Some kind of campaign generator

:grin:

ooops! sorry! missed one patch:

2143: Pilot hat for the italian pilot model

Tavingon
10-08-2011, 04:36 PM
I do hope we get some more flyable planes.. Im itching to fly something new!

Pluto
10-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Nothing so "etheric" ( ;) ) as new planes. Simply put right now CloD needs (apart from bugfixing and not necessarily in that order):

5.) working Radar

+++ absolutely agree ! ! !

(one good thing it has for me that CloD is still not as it should be. I have more time to play other games)

Trooper117
10-08-2011, 04:44 PM
I do hope we get some more flyable planes.. Im itching to fly something new!

We certainly don't need new planes.. we just need the whole thing to work as advertised first.
Then, as was alluded to in previous discussions from the man himself, we might find ourselves in the western desert.. then you would have your Kittyhawks and 109F's to play with, not to mention the Italian crates that would be needed. :grin:

Tavingon
10-08-2011, 04:50 PM
We certainly don't need new planes.. we just need the whole thing to work as advertised first.
Then, as was alluded to in previous discussions from the man himself, we might find ourselves in the western desert.. then you would have your Kittyhawks and 109F's to play with, not to mention the Italian crates that would be needed. :grin:

This being the case the game may run smooth over the desert as not many houses? Unless theres craploads of dust!

JG53Harti
10-08-2011, 07:04 PM

5.) working Radar

so isses :)

Tavingon
10-08-2011, 09:37 PM
What about crew being able to physically move inside the plane? Id like to see gunners move into diff positions, eg belly gunner taking the top gunner seat when the other guy buys it!

ATAG_Snapper
10-08-2011, 10:59 PM
Merlin engines that sound like.......Merlin engines!

NedLynch
10-08-2011, 11:41 PM

5.) working Radar

Prost to that +1

Maybe not in that order.
Most important for me would be DCG, AI and radio commands.

CWMV
10-08-2011, 11:47 PM
Afrika map/109F
That is all...lol

badfinger
10-08-2011, 11:52 PM
Prost to that +1

Maybe not in that order.
Most important for me would be DCG, AI and radio commands.

For me, the biggest advantage the British had during the BoB was radar. We should be getting instructions from the radar controllers over the radio. This would really put us in the BoB environment.

The campaigns now available in which a patrol goes out hoping to run into the Germans really happened after the BoB, when the RAF started flying over France and the Low Countries.

binky9

Sven
10-08-2011, 11:52 PM
Afrika map/109F
That is all...lol

This.

Tavingon
10-08-2011, 11:59 PM

Agreed. That would be Lush man!

He111
10-09-2011, 02:48 AM

Hope not, not just yet anyway, my head is still in BOB mode. I would like (willing to pay $$) a flyable Hampden, AI Lysander, AI fairy battle, AI Fairy Fulmar, ships with steam catapult (atlantic campaign), french planes (Fall of France campaign). All the above would be totally new and refreshing, Med has been done before.

Phazon
10-09-2011, 04:16 AM
Next major addition should be the implementation of the finished AI squadron commands and general AI improvements I guess. We know they are being worked on by a dedicated developer but its a complicated task that will take time.

Apparently alot of work is still being done on the engine in both the graphics and simulation side. Simulation side the flight model is being adjusted, with ground-handling being the first step which we have in beta now.

They're also working on a new rendering engine which should bring some major performance gains for the majority. Apparently once this work is finished we'll see the introduction of a tree collision model and possibly the re-enabling of alot of currently disabled features such as the realistic cloud model and weather simulation.

Plt Off JRB Meaker
10-09-2011, 05:56 AM

Yup.....with you on that one Snapper,Jafa's Merlin is still the closest IMO.

trumps
10-09-2011, 06:32 AM
radio comms, CEM fixes, including RAF prop issues, get current aircraft performing at historical performance levels, and last of all stability!
when we have these we can move on to extras, personally i would love
to see the Do-17, and Beaufighter flyable out of the present planeset.

Craig

skouras
10-09-2011, 07:24 AM
Yup.....with you on that one Snapper,Jafa's Merlin is still the closest IMO.

agreed

salmo
10-09-2011, 07:43 AM

5.) working Radar

Let's not forget...
1. Working airbase sirens
2. FMB/scripting documentation - promised over 6 montyhs ago in the original game documention manual (no-one knows what some of the *.cpp scripts do)
3. Dynamic weather (it was promised in the game promo's)

But hey, we should all be grateful the dev's are apparently working on 3D technology which will only be accessible by very few users.

O_Smiladon
10-09-2011, 09:25 AM
S!

STUTTER FREE!!! in the game when your computor spec is way a head game spec, So you can run 100% smooth when you crank up the graphics in game!

Lets get this right first and the do the rest..ie new planes and what not

O_Smiladon

310_cibule
10-09-2011, 10:47 AM
I wish blenheim behaved the way it is supposed to above 10k fts + I miss flyable wimpy.

And St. Paul's Cathedral in London. It makes this game pure sh...

Well, seriously...

Ze-Jamz
10-09-2011, 11:21 AM
Afrika map/109F
That is all...lol

Lol...then you would also see Mk5 Spits n p-51's?

You wont catch me in a 109 when the 'stan's in game