PDA

View Full Version : Stereo 3D Mode

adonys
10-08-2011, 10:14 AM
Does anyone have any slightest idea how this is supposed to work with Nvidia 3D Vsion?

Atm, I can start the game in 3D (though it has problems with the shadows, which seem to be rendered on screen's the close plane, instead in depth over the scene's objects).

Yet, when I'm modifying the StereoMode from 0 to 1 in the conf.ini, the whole screen looks like the image is doubled and interlaced.

I DO have a Nvidia videocard (560 Ti), the Nvidia 3D vision glasses and a proper 3D gaming LCD.

Whiski
10-08-2011, 01:39 PM
Not sure if this may be correct, but, either you need a 3D capable monitor or at the minimum a set of 3D glasses to view the image properly.

I was interested in try this out as well but I am not even sure the game supports fully functional stereoscopic 3D yet, I know they are working on it.

If it works with a set of 3D glasses please let us know.

Whiskey

raaaid
10-08-2011, 02:00 PM
most 3d drivers only work ingame as is the case of nvidia or iz3d

Sven
10-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Mmm this might sound stupid, but...

I have a 'Lazy Eye' or in medical terms Amblyopy, which gives me a hard time looking through binoculars, not telescopes though because those work fine with 1 eye. My eye does not, which is a misconception by many, drift of to one side while I am looking at something, which only happens in select cases. It's just the connection to the brain which is very bad for 1 eye, which makes my vision shift more to my good eye. So for someone with healthy eyes it would look like your vision is centred wrong. Close your one eye and look through through it, I sort of have 1 eye open and a half eye open on the other side.

Now the question is, can I see 3D on my screen if it would work in CoD? I could just go out to town and find a pair of 3D glasses my own but I'm too lazy I guess :grin:

My own guess is that I can see 75 % 3D, but how that will look like I have no idea.

gelbevierzehn
10-08-2011, 02:40 PM
And I thought I must make something wrong or I will need Nvidia 3d Vision to use 3D in COD...

I tried a lot of settings with the iz3d Driver, and my Samsung S27A950 Screen (which is by the way fantastic in other 3d movies or games) but I couldn't get a proper 3D image. The game switched to stereoview with that conf.ini setting but the result delivers not the "real" 3D feeling...

raaaid
10-08-2011, 03:06 PM
well i have 50% vision in my right eye and 90-80 in my left, so you can call that a lazy eye

it was because as a kid i look at the sun for a long time because another kid told me that looking at the sun healed your eyes and i had just started using glasses which upseted me :(

i see perfectly stereoscopic games

but dont see reality in 3d except for rare times in which for seconds im like in a 3d movie, some of the biggest trips ive ever had :)

adonys
10-08-2011, 06:16 PM
I DO have a Nvidia videocard (560 Ti), the Nvidia 3D vision glasses and a proper 3D gaming LCD.

garengarch
10-08-2011, 06:50 PM
You have enabled 3d vision in the nvidia control panel?

whoarmongar
10-08-2011, 07:05 PM
Mmm this might sound stupid, but...

I have a 'Lazy Eye' or in medical terms Amblyopy, which gives me a hard time looking through binoculars, not telescopes though because those work fine with 1 eye. My eye does not, which is a misconception by many, drift of to one side while I am looking at something, which only happens in select cases. It's just the connection to the brain which is very bad for 1 eye, which makes my vision shift more to my good eye. So for someone with healthy eyes it would look like your vision is centred wrong. Close your one eye and look through through it, I sort of have 1 eye open and a half eye open on the other side.

Now the question is, can I see 3D on my screen if it would work in CoD? I could just go out to town and find a pair of 3D glasses my own but I'm too lazy I guess :grin:

My own guess is that I can see 75 % 3D, but how that will look like I have no idea.

3 d wont work for you I dont think.
Even if by long time you "train" your lazy eye I think you will find the headaches to much.
How does it feel to have a condition (disability ?) that "normal" people discriminate against in order to "protect" you.
Some other things you will never be allowed to do.

In Uk and perhaps Mainland Europe.

Drive anything heavier than 7,5tonnes GVW depending on age, may even be 3,5 tonnes.
Have a boxing licence
fly any aircraft
join military/police etc.

In truth I dont think officialdome appreciates how you manage with this condition.
Your brain is amazing at compensating, you may feel you dont have sterioscopic vision, you ought to have problems judging distances and gaps but its my guess you dont, your brain has compensated .

try this, have someone throw a ball for you to catch, you have no problem catching the ball is my guess. even though you are perceiving the world through one eye.

Now close your lazy eye and repeat the experiment, have someone throw that ball, my guess is you failed to catch that ball, but this is how officialdom believes you see the world, no wonder they wont let you do anything.

Sven
10-08-2011, 07:31 PM
The naked truth man, I can't add anything to it. Thanks for pointing it out!

And especially this:

fly any aircraft

They will simply disqualify me, as well as working on a ship or join the military. Truth is my vision is great, my left eye ( the good one ) is probably more effective then any other normal persons eye ever could be!

and yes, years of work on that eye didn't help a single bit, only after years of doing nothing it suddenly improved a little.

ATAG_Bliss
10-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Hmm,

So no 3d if you have a 60hz monitor?

distant
10-08-2011, 09:16 PM
I don't have the game patch installed yet, but I'm curious of whether you can reset the StereoMode to 0 and turn on 3D within the Nvidia control panel and see if it works? The original version works for me with some of the already reported 3D issues (shadows, clouds) when using the Nvidia driver.

A request to the devs: please implement couple of parameters in config file to allow separate convergence settings for insidde cockpit and outside. Nvidia does provide this mechanism, The Witcher 2 game uses this method and it works brilliantly, a flightsim will no doubt benefit from this immensely since switching views is a routine activity.

Does anyone have any slightest idea how this is supposed to work with Nvidia 3D Vsion?

Atm, I can start the game in 3D (though it has problems with the shadows, which seem to be rendered on screen's the close plane, instead in depth over the scene's objects).

Yet, when I'm modifying the StereoMode from 0 to 1 in the conf.ini, the whole screen looks like the image is doubled and interlaced.

adonys
10-08-2011, 09:22 PM
Yes, the normal Nvidia 3D vision works if you set StereoMode to 0 (with the shadows being actually rendered on a single flat plane in front of the screen, instead on the 3d objects in depth). Haven't checked the new patches' smoke yet in 3D.

Thing is, when StereoMode is set on 1, you'll see the image doubled and interlaced..

distant
10-08-2011, 09:22 PM
Sorry but it won't work. For a list of 3D Vision monitors, you can check out Nvidia website. For iZ3D and Tridef drivers, I think they also have somewhat overlapping lists. In general though, a 120Hz CRT tube is compatible with all drivers, but the later LCD and 3D TVs are not as universal.

Hmm,

So no 3d if you have a 60hz monitor?

distant
10-08-2011, 09:28 PM
That sucks. I hope dev is aware of this shadow anomaly and fix this otherwise shadow will have to be turned off for 3D.

It's weird that dev is using interlaced mode since it only works with CRT. they should contact Nvidia to get the latest 3D kit.:grin:

Yes, the normal Nvidia 3D vision works if you set StereoMode to 0 (with the shadows being actually rendered on a single flat plane in front of the screen, instead on the 3d objects in depth). Haven't checked the new patches' smoke yet in 3D.

Thing is, when StereoMode is set on 1, you'll see the image doubled and interlaced..

Stefem
10-09-2011, 12:20 AM

It doesn't work whit 3D Vision, CoD 3D interlaced output is compatible only with some TV and practically none of the 3D PC systems on the market

adonys
10-09-2011, 06:02 AM
Huh?! Why on earth would they do that?!

Stefem
10-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Because this is the output required by their 3D hardware, anyway, they have not finished working on stereo 3D and some of the correction they made (ie. shadows) will work also for other 3D techniques

distant
10-10-2011, 02:21 AM
You sound like you have the inside information first hand. Are you affiliated with the dev team in any way?

Because this is the output required by their 3D hardware, anyway, they have not finished working on stereo 3D and some of the correction they made (ie. shadows) will work also for other 3D techniques

GF_Mastiff
10-10-2011, 04:15 AM
I'm Waiting for the 120hrz monitors to come down and a 28 inch one or at least 30".

They seem not to be making them anymore.

I have a 60hrz 28inch I-INC
with GTX580-GTX465 and the 3D stereo glass set up but no 120hrz monitors.

there way to expensive ATM.

adonys
10-10-2011, 07:30 AM
I have the Samsung Syncmaster 22" 2233RZ 3D Gaming LCD, 1680 x 1050 @ 120 Hz, and it's pretty good :)